If you could

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could

1. If you could possess George Lucas in the 70's, how would you change the outcome of SW today?
    2. If you could get one Force power, what would it be?
    3. If you could delete one SW character from SW, who would it be?

MY ANSWERS
    1. I'd do some serious re-working of the prequels. I'd do a lot less work on Clone Wars.
    2. Force Speed.
    3. Boss Nass.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

I'd make him sell to disney BEFORE the prequels.

Telekenisis rocks

The First trilogy...none really.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

- I'd make it all a lot darker, tell him to really finish with the 6th part and not do I-III

- telekenesis, you can do a lot with that

- the adault Anakin before changing to Vader (Ep II & III)

Comment

Episode I
        Obi-Wan completes his Jedi training under the tutelage of Yoda. Demonstrate the true depths of corruption and dysfunctionality of the Republic. Have the Clone Wars erupt without the machinations of the Sith--the war begins because the Republic is rotted from the inside. Introduce a young (ADULT) hotshot Republic military pilot, Anakin Skywalker, whose Force-sensitivity is discovered by Kenobi.

Episodes II - IV
        A trilogy of films about the Clone Wars. As the war drags on, increasingly demonstrate the inability of the Republic to organize a cohesive war effort. Palpatine uses the crisis to manipulate his way into becoming Chancellor, and finds an ally in former-soldier-now-Jedi Skywalker, who is openly disdainful of how ineffectual the Republic is.

Use the three films to depict the transformation of the Republic military from a useless mess mired in bureaucracy, into a dangerous fighting force being guided by an increasingly ruthless Skywalker, which frequently goes violently too far in its violence.

Along the way, Anakin meets a love interest of some sort--open love, not this silly forbidden attachment nonsense we got.

Episode V
        As the Clone Wars draw to an end, the Jedi learn that Palpatine is a Sith and ally with the Republic's enemies. Betrayed by those he trusted, Anakin stands with his trusted friend Palpatine and leads the effort to hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. The Republic becomes the Empire. Palpatine becomes the Emperor. Anakin becomes Vader.

The Skywalker twins are born and the mother goes to live with her daughter in the Organa household on Alderaan. Kenobi takes Luke to be raised on an obscure world in the Outer Rim--Tatooine.

Episode VI
        A New Hope as we know it, but with just slight tweaks to emphasize the absolute power of the Emperor.

Episode VII
        The Empire Strikes Back as we know it.

Episode VIII
        The search for Han Solo. May be a good spot to adapt Shadows of the Empire, but at the same time I think it might be a cool alternative to tell a wholly original story that involves having to chase Boba Fett across the Outer Rim to catch him before he can get to Jabba the Hutt. Climax could be something similar to the Jabba stuff we know in ROTJ, and end with the gang returning to the now-enormous Rebel fleet while Luke sets off to return to Dagobah.

Episode IX
        Luke completes his training with Yoda before the old green muppet passes away.

Enter the final confrontation between the Empire and the Rebellion. Thematically I see this film as very similar to ROTJ minus Ewoks. The Rebel fleet launches an all-or-nothing assault the Imperial capital world, while Luke--now a powerful Jedi in his own right--personally confronts Vader and the Emperor. Vader redeems himself by slaying the Emperor, and the Rebels capture Coruscant, restoring freedom and democracy to the galaxy.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Episode I
          Obi-Wan completes his Jedi training under the tutelage of Yoda. Demonstrate the true depths of corruption and dysfunctionality of the Republic. Have the Clone Wars erupt without the machinations of the Sith--the war begins because the Republic is rotted from the inside. Introduce a young (ADULT) hotshot Republic military pilot, Anakin Skywalker, whose Force-sensitivity is discovered by Kenobi.

Episodes II - IV
          A trilogy of films about the Clone Wars. As the war drags on, increasingly demonstrate the inability of the Republic to organize a cohesive war effort. Palpatine uses the crisis to manipulate his way into becoming Chancellor, and finds an ally in former-soldier-now-Jedi Skywalker, who is openly disdainful of how ineffectual the Republic is.

Use the three films to depict the transformation of the Republic military from a useless mess mired in bureaucracy, into a dangerous fighting force being guided by an increasingly ruthless Skywalker, which frequently goes violently too far in its violence.

Along the way, Anakin meets a love interest of some sort--open love, not this silly forbidden attachment nonsense we got.

Episode V
          As the Clone Wars draw to an end, the Jedi learn that Palpatine is a Sith and ally with the Republic's enemies. Betrayed by those he trusted, Anakin stands with his trusted friend Palpatine and leads the effort to hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. The Republic becomes the Empire. Palpatine becomes the Emperor. Anakin becomes Vader.

The Skywalker twins are born and the mother goes to live with her daughter in the Organa household on Alderaan. Kenobi takes Luke to be raised on an obscure world in the Outer Rim--Tatooine.

Episode VI
          A New Hope as we know it, but with just slight tweaks to emphasize the absolute power of the Emperor.

Episode VII

Episode VIII
          The search for Han Solo. May be a good spot to adapt Shadows of the Empire, but at the same time I think it might be a cool alternative to tell a wholly original story that involves having to chase Boba Fett across the Outer Rim to catch him before he can get to Jabba the Hutt. Climax could be something similar to the Jabba stuff we know in ROTJ, and end with the gang returning to the now-enormous Rebel fleet while Luke sets off to return to Dagobah.

Episode IX

Enter the final confrontation between the Empire and the Rebellion. Thematically I see this film as very similar to ROTJ minus Ewoks. The Rebel fleet launches an all-or-nothing assault the Imperial capital world, while Luke--now a powerful Jedi in his own right--personally confronts Vader and the Emperor. Vader redeems himself by slaying the Emperor, and the Rebels capture Coruscant, restoring freedom and democracy to the galaxy.
          Id actually quite like to see this...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Episode I

Episodes II - IV

Episode V

Episode VI

Episode VII

Episode VIII

Episode IX

THIS^^

Except maybe VIII. Not sure how I feel about VIII
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

FWIW, I do realize that what I put for VIII is a bit of a departure from the rest. It's just that I always felt that the Jabba/Tatooine stuff in ROTJ meshed kind of poorly with the struggle-for-the-galaxy of the rest of the movie, and kind of feel like each story would have been better served by being approached independently.

Just justifying my flight of fantasy here
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

1. If you could possess George Lucas in the 70's, how would you change the outcome of SW today?
                More emphasis and background on how the Jedi came to be.

2. If you could get one Force power, what would it be?
                Mind Trick

3. If you could delete one SW character from SW, who would it be?
                Jar Jar and it's not even close.
                sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Working...
                X