X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G4 network to become the Esquire Channel? wtf

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/esquire-cha...232616430.html

Esquire Channel? NBCU In Talks With Hearst About G4 Partnership

NBCUniversal may bring in a partner in the upcoming revamp of struggling cable channel G4. I hear that NBCU is in talks with Hearst about partnering on the channel. What’s more, I hear the two sides are exploring a rebranding of the channel tied to the Heast-owned men’s magazine Esquire, possibly as Esquire Channel.

Rebranding G4 would fit into the strategy of NBCU cable maven Bonnie Hammer, who added control of E! and G4 after the Comcast-NBC Universal merger.

Parents, tell your children that there used to be a time when there was science and science fiction on television. But a wicked woman called Bonnie Hammer killed it off.

Yup. Brings it into "illustrious" company like A&E, TLC, and Syfy. There's no business like abandoning-your-core-audience business!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Eh. I gave up on this channel after they cancelled Unskrewed with Martin Sargent.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X