Satisfaction with the Ending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satisfaction with the Ending?

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I just finished watching B5 and thoroughly enjoyed it. It ranks high on my list of favorite SF shows. That being said, it also left me more dissatisfied than I've ever felt at the conclusion of a series.
    A few of my biggest problems:

Ivanova just disappeared completely. I wanted her to at least get passing mention in the finale.

I felt such incredible pity for Londo in the last few episodes. I was really hoping he'd get a better future.

Lennier went crazy there at the end. It was a little sudden, and I would like to see the resolution of his mini storyline.

I know there were others, but I these are the major things that bothered me. Did these bother anyone else, or are there other things that bothered you? Or, maybe you were completely satisfied with the resolution of everything.

I'm curious to know other people's thoughts.
    sigpic
    Sig and avi by yamiinsane

I also finished watching the show quite recently.

Which finale do you mean? Ivanova appears in Sleeping in Light (as well as the TV-movie Thirdspace), because it was shot as the final episode of season 4 and replaced with Deconstruction of Falling Stars at the last minute when they learned they got a fifth season.

Lennier's craziness may have been sudden, but not entirely unexpected, thanks to Morden's appearance in Day of the Dead.

The thing that bothered me most was the forced quick resolution of the Shadow War, due to the fact that the writers and producers were unsure whether or not there would be a 5th season until quite late in the day.

Londo's fate was tragic, yes, but hardly unexpected, or for that matter, undeserved...

You should also give the movies a go if you haven't already, they're a bit uneven in quality but well worth watching. Same goes IMO for Crusade, in spite of the fact that it's only 13 episodes and the pilot, River of Souls.

However, my biggest gripe is the fact that we're unlikely ever to see the Telepath war on screen in any form...
    sigpic

Comment

*gasp* You're right! There's a whole other episode that I haven't seen. I can't believe I missed that!
      *trundles off to watch REAL finale*
      I'll be back momentarily....
      sigpic

Comment

I hope you found this finale more satisfying... What did you think?
        sigpic

Comment

i wanted a better space battle for the end of the earth civil war, it left me a little disappointed but i still enjoyed it.

Comment

Well, after actually seeing the finale, I feel a little better. Certainly it was nice to see Ivanova again. I would still like more resolution on the Lennier storyline and I still hate what happened to Londo (even if he did deserve it). I also would have liked to see just a fleeting glimpse of John and Delenn's son, but I feel less strongly about that.

Anything else people would have liked to see?
            sigpic

Comment

I would have loved more face time for the Nova Dreadnought, I know they were in the middle of decommissioning the entire line or something but I would have loved a small vid at battle for Proxima 3 just a short cameo of it firing its massive cannons.

Comment

I thought the ending was great and it was one of the few shows that left me very emotional at the end. I do admit though i would have loved to have seen the telepath war.
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
                  Well, after actually seeing the finale, I feel a little better. Certainly it was nice to see Ivanova again. I would still like more resolution on the Lennier storyline and I still hate what happened to Londo (even if he did deserve it). I also would have liked to see just a fleeting glimpse of John and Delenn's son, but I feel less strongly about that.

Anything else people would have liked to see?
                  Agreed about young David Sheridan. I also wonder how he managed to avoid the Keeper...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Agreed about young David Sheridan. I also wonder how he managed to avoid the Keeper...
                    If I'm not mistaken, it's addressed in the Centauri Trilogy of books.
                    sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                    - R.E.M.

Comment

I really should read those. I'd also like to read more about the Technomages.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, the whole thing with David Sheridan and the Drakh Keeper is addressed in the Centauri Trilogy. I read them a long time ago now, sometime during the summer of 1999 or 2000? So many years have passed now that I don't remember. I still have the trilogy. Personally, I found the Technomage trilogy to be incredible writing, much more appealing than the Centauri books.

We get some deep, wonderful exposition into the Technomages themselves and where their technology actually came from. We also see how they were tied into the Shadow War. Once you read the Technomage trilogy, you will look at the episodes "The Geometry of Shadows" and "Z'ha'dum" in completely different ways.
                        sigpic

Comment

I didn't even know there were books. Who wrote them, and are they considered "canon"? I might have to look into it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Some of them were outlined by JMS himself, so they are considered canon, although most aren't.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Centauri Trilogy is canon, as far as I can recall.

I enjoyed it at the time. Haven't read it in years and years tho. Don't think I read the Technomage Trilogy.
                              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                              - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                              X