PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: Days of Future's Past

Snowman37
December 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM
What's the scoop on X-Men: Days of Future's Past? I've read this will involve time travel. Is this going to reboot the saga ala Star Trek (2009)? What I am hoping we'll see is an alternate future where changing the past brings the future of the original trilogy into existence. Think that'll happen?

DigiFluid
December 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM
They did a terrific adaptation of this story in the 90s FOX cartoon. I hope the movie does it justice.

Snowman37
December 8th, 2012, 08:15 PM
That doesn't answer my question... :S

mr_kennedy
December 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
They did a terrific adaptation of this story in the 90s FOX cartoon. I hope the movie does it justice.

I've always found this story interesting whenever it's been done, i believe they were going to do it in s2 of wolverine and the x-men aswell but alas that was not meant to be :(

I'm looking forward to this movie tho :D hopefully they will forget about x-men last stand :D or even re-write some things from that film :D

Wonder if they will get Taylor Kitsch to reprise his role as Gambit

Snowman37
December 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I don't watch cartoons, so I have no idea what ya'll are talking about.

I'm looking forward to this movie tho :D hopefully they will forget about x-men last stand :D or even re-write some things from that film :D
Why forget about The Last Stand? It was a great ending to the conflict between the X-Men and the Brotherhood. That said, I would not mind a time travel story altering the future in favor of new stories. However, I still think it would be cool if time travel caused the future of the original trilogy to happen.

jelgate
December 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM

I wouldn't bet on it. Remember how awesome the 90s cartoon did the Phoneix Saga and how poorly the movies butchered it?

the fifth man
December 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Yeah, they really did. I loved that X-Men series.

the fifth man
December 8th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't bet on it. Remember how awesome the 90s cartoon did the Phoneix Saga and how poorly the movies butchered it?

I have faith. Especially after how good First Class turned out.

Snowman37
December 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM
The Phoenix was only in one movie. How, exactly, was it butchered?

jelgate
December 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Read the comics

garhkal
December 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I also wonder if/when they might do bishop, or cable/stryfe?

the fifth man
December 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Either of those options would be amazing to see onscreen.

DigiFluid
December 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Incidentally, the story is called "Days of Future Past" (not "Future's").

Snowman37
December 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
So, does anyone have any news on the new movie? So far, I'll I've seen is talk of comic books and cartoons. I don't follow either, so references are lost on me.

the fifth man
December 15th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hopefully lots of news will start coming out shortly.

mr_kennedy
December 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Richard Dean Anderson i think would make a pretty good cable (but i dont see him doing it), if not RDA then maybe Sam Niell?

Harrold Parrineau maybe as Bishop? could work especially if you look at his look in the matrix reloaded

Snowman37
December 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Richard Dean-Anderson is semi-retired. These days, I only see him doing brief guest appearances and commercials. Who is Bishop? Who is Cable?

mr_kennedy
December 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Richard Dean-Anderson is semi-retired. These days, I only see him doing brief guest appearances and commercials. Who is Bishop? Who is Cable?

They are part of the Days of Future's Past storyline, one might even say there integral to the story

I can't really say anything more without spoiling, but i think in the comics timeline we first meet these two in this storyline, Cable goes onto become a pretty big time Marvel character, Bishop not so much

Snowman37
December 17th, 2012, 03:52 PM
They are part of the Days of Future's Past storyline, one might even say there integral to the story
OK, but who are they? I'm still in the dark here.

]I can't really say anything more without spoiling, but i think in the comics timeline we first meet these two in this storyline, Cable goes onto become a pretty big time Marvel character, Bishop not so much
If you're that sure they will be in the movie, give me the basics. Soldier, cyborg, time traveler, alien, what?

mr_kennedy
December 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hugh Jackman is officially in, wonder if they will get James Marsden/Famke Jansen/Halle Berry/Taylor Kitsch in the movie aswell?

OK, but who are they? I'm still in the dark here.

If you're that sure they will be in the movie, give me the basics. Soldier, cyborg, time traveler, alien, what?

They are both from the future, Cable is a Cyborg or atleast part Cyborg and in this story i think his the villain, Bishop travels back in time to stop him

the fifth man
December 19th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear that Hugh Jackman is on-board for this. It will be nice to see Wolverine with the X-Men again.

Teddybrown
January 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=36305
Interesting...

garhkal
January 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Nice they are tying in the actors from first class into 'flash backs..

mr_kennedy
January 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM
If this Storyline is done right, this movie will make The Avengers look like a piece of crap btw I'm not saying The Avengers was crap :D

Snowman37
January 28th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I'm just hoping that if time travel is involved, PEOPLE will time travel instead of just their minds.

Replicator Todd
February 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
With the X-Men being my favorite superhero team, I really hope this storyline is done justice.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2013, 09:26 PM
With the X-Men being my favorite superhero team, I really hope this storyline is done justice.

I have that hope as well. It deserves it for sure.

garhkal
February 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I'm just wondering if they will do a sequel to Xmen First class.

Krichton
February 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
If this Storyline is done right, this movie will make The Avengers look like a piece of crap btw I'm not saying The Avengers was crap :D

I don't see how it could go wrong; they have the director responsible for Superman Returns.

Replicator Todd
February 10th, 2013, 03:43 PM

This is kinda a sequel it will involve some of those versions of the characters. I think after this it is likely for a X-Men 4 and possibly a true First Class sequel.

Personally as great as First Class was, I prefer seeing the cast of the first two X films return.

Snowman37
February 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
In all likely hood, it will be a sequel to The Last Stand and First Class. I don't care myself, I'm just stoked for a new X-Men movie.

the fifth man
February 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
In all likely hood, it will be a sequel to The Last Stand and First Class. I don't care myself, I'm just stoked for a new X-Men movie.

As am I.:)

garhkal
February 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Soo.. they put out a release date yet?

Snowman37
February 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Next year?

Angela V
March 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM

Was the Phoenix Saga done justice in the movies? For me, not even close. But then Bryan Singer jumped ship and took Cyclops with him! So that didn't help matters.

But hey, I might be surprised. :jack_new_anime25:

DigiFluid
March 9th, 2013, 10:10 AM

This is First Class 2.

Snowman37
March 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Was the Phoenix Saga done justice in the movies? For me, not even close.
Why not?

jelgate
March 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Was the Phoenix Saga done justice in the movies? For me, not even close. But then Bryan Singer jumped ship and took Cyclops with him! So that didn't help matters.

But hey, I might be surprised. :jack_new_anime25:

I would agree with such an assesment. They butchered the phoneix powers and the storyline of how Jean accquired her phoneix powers.

Snowman37
March 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM
What was butchered?

jelgate
March 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
The Phoneix story arc from the X-Men comics

Snowman37
March 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Let's try this again...

I would agree with such an assesment. They butchered the phoneix powers and the storyline of how Jean accquired her phoneix powers.

What was butchered?

The Phoneix story arc from the X-Men comics
Given your prior post, it would be clear that I am asking about the Phoenix story. You and Angela V say the movies ruined the Phoenix saga. OK. How did the movies ruin the story? Was it changed too much, scaled back too much, or what? If the story was simply told differently, is different that bad if executed properly? Judging X-Men: The Last Stand on it's own merits, is it still a bad movie? I'd argue that the script, acting, sets, visual and special effects, and especially the score were very well done. My only gripe with the movie was that the editing was a little choppy at times. Oh, and Xavier and Magneto looked like plastic in the flashback.

jelgate
March 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Their is this wonder device that allows you to search the Internet for information. Its called Google

Snowman37
March 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM
There is this wonderful device that allows you to share information on the internet. It's called a message board.

jelgate
March 10th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I have my own responsibilities. I'm not going your work for you

Snowman37
March 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
In other words, you're too lazy to participate in the conversation. Alternatively, you think it's funny to throw around sarcasm and refuse to answer genuine questions from people who don't read comic books. Whatever, I'm putting you on block. I'm tired of your need for attention.

DigiFluid
March 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
His need for attention? From someone whose entire M.O. is "why, why but why? Oh I'm not watching/reading that or bothering to look it up, explain it to me"? That's rich.

jelgate
March 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM
His need for attention? From someone whose entire M.O. is "why, why but why? Oh I'm not watching/reading that or bothering to look it up, explain it to me"? That's rich.

Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing

Snowman37
March 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Yes, it's called a D I S C U S S I O N. If everyone's answer to everything is google it, why bother coming here at all?

Ukko
March 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I shall ask Jeeves and find all the answers.

jelgate
March 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I shall ask Jeeves and find all the answers.

Don't forgot why he has the answers. We need to know WHY

garhkal
March 10th, 2013, 12:19 PM
This is First Class 2.

How can they do that/? DOFP from my recollection of the novels was set in the not to distant future..

Snowman37
March 10th, 2013, 06:18 PM
It depends on how the story is told. I'd expect the movie will serve as a sequel to The Last Stand and First Class.

Teddybrown
April 9th, 2013, 12:31 PM
http://collider.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-halle-berry/
Halle Berry confirmed for Days of Futures Past

http://collider.com/x-men-days-future-past-cia-folder-image/
And new set photo

Teddybrown
May 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM
http://collider.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-image-james-mcavoy/
Teaser shots

the fifth man
May 14th, 2013, 09:55 PM
It depends on how the story is told. I'd expect the movie will serve as a sequel to The Last Stand and First Class.

Sounds about right to me. I really hope this is done well. There is amazing potential with this story.

garhkal
May 18th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I always thought "days of future past" was supposed to be in a 'not to distant future', of the X time lines.. not in its infancy.

Starsaber
May 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
I always thought "days of future past" was supposed to be in a 'not to distant future', of the X time lines.. not in its infancy.

At a guess, the "future" part of it will be around now and there's time travel back to roughly the First Class timeframe (I've heard they'll probably be jumping forward several years from the end of First Class)

Teddybrown
May 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a484225/x-men-days-of-future-past-casts-evan-peters-as-quicksilver.html
Evan Peters cast as Quicksilver

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a484591/x-men-days-of-future-past-is-not-just-a-sequel-says-bryan-singer.html
Bryan Singer on Days of Future Past

Wyrminarrd
May 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
It's really ridiculous that Singer couldn't just let Quicksilver be an Avenger character. Cramming yet another mutant into the already bloated cast of DoFP just to nap the character first seems childish.

mr_kennedy
May 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Evan Peters is great in American Horror Story, will be interesting to see him in this, but i guess this could open the door for him to be in avengers 2 or maybe 3 aswell

I just hope this movie doesnt suffer from the last stand problem

Wyrminarrd
May 25th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Avengers 2 will almost certainly cast someone else in the role. The two Quicksilvers will not be the same character on both universes.

Teddybrown
May 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Men-Days-Future-Past-Set-Photo-Reveals-Trask-Industries-Presence-37766.html
Trask Industries?

Gen. Chris
May 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Avengers 2 will almost certainly cast someone else in the role. The two Quicksilvers will not be the same character on both universes.

Indeed

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/quicksilver-one-mutant-two-actors-x-men-marvel-173346647.html

Teddybrown
June 5th, 2013, 02:06 PM
http://collider.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-image-michael-fassbender/
First look at Michael Fassbender on set

Replicator Todd
June 8th, 2013, 08:48 PM
It's really ridiculous that Singer couldn't just let Quicksilver be an Avenger character. Cramming yet another mutant into the already bloated cast of DoFP just to nap the character first seems childish.

Yeah it seemed odd only week after Whedon announced Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2 Singer announces Quicksilver. Oh well, the Quicksilver wars!

Teddybrown
July 31st, 2013, 12:10 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/x-men-days-of-future-past-trask-viral-video-23470.htm
Trask Viral video (cant post actual video as at work)

Spimman
August 1st, 2013, 07:51 AM
After The Wolverine there was a brief extra which I believe was a teaser for the new X-Men film.

Logan is walking through an airport security check point, requests the pat down when he notices items begin to float. He looks, turns around, draws his claws preparing to stab what ends up being Magneto before he is frozen. Then everything freezes and we see Professor X.

The new movie sounds pretty interesting, but I'll be interested to see if they can pull off the Sentinels in a authentic way like the 90's cartoon did. Many X-Men story arcs are layered and complex and can easily be done poorly (Phoenix being a prime example). I think some characters need more time than is available in a movie to develop in an effective manner.

DigiFluid
August 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Full look at a Sentinel (http://gizmodo.com/first-full-view-of-the-new-x-men-sentinel-holy-crap-t-1003938310)

I don't know what they were thinking...apparently in this universe, the Sentinels started their existence as air conditioner fans :S

DigiFluid
August 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
After The Wolverine there was a brief extra which I believe was a teaser for the new X-Men film.

Logan is walking through an airport security check point, requests the pat down when he notices items begin to float. He looks, turns around, draws his claws preparing to stab what ends up being Magneto before he is frozen. Then everything freezes and we see Professor X.

I find that alone to be far more enticing than the new Wolverine flick.

garhkal
August 3rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Was it xavier in that body he supposedly took over at the end of x3?

Cluas
August 13th, 2013, 01:07 AM
I read the original cartoon as a kid. It was so awesome, Chris Claremont wrote the best story ever.

Making it into a movie was a good idea, and for the ones who have NOT read the comic, it will be a great movie.

BUT unfortunately I don't think all the changes made will please me, I'm kind of old scool, and hate it when a movie adaption changes the story. (for instance i also HATED The Lord of The Rings trilogy, because of all the annoying changes for no apparent reason)

I'm still looking forward though (I really liked X1 and X2), and trying to bury the memories of the original comic: X-men Days of Future Past :D

garhkal
August 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Though i only caught some of that comic series, i did like the darkness of it.

Gen. Chris
October 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM

Lol at Wolverine.

garhkal
October 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Is that supposed to a roster of those taken out, or a list of the top 3 still at large?

Gen. Chris
October 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I think it's just supposed to be a cool promo picture featuring the past and present...

For Wolverine there isn't much of a difference. :P

FanGirl
October 19th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have screencaps of X-Men 2 with Logan and the cat in Bobby's kitchen?

Gen. Chris
October 19th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have screencaps of X-Men 2 with Logan and the cat in Bobby's kitchen?

http://shortstormtrooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/xmen-kitty.jpg

Teddybrown
October 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI23E9nBHmo&feature=player_embedded

First full trailer 29th Oct.

garhkal
October 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
That was short and really didn't show anything worth a darn.

Teddybrown
October 29th, 2013, 06:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo&feature=player_embedded

How about this trailer then?

garhkal
October 30th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Definitely much better! Though still shocked we saw no sentinels.

Teddybrown
November 26th, 2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ByCY2UYLHG8

The Bent Bullet.

garhkal
November 29th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Nice tie into a real historic situation..

Teddybrown
December 6th, 2013, 12:49 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/x-men-apocalypse-set-for-summer-2016-24868.htm
Looks like a sequel is already planned to this...

garhkal
December 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Wonder if we will finally see Dr sinister.

VampyreWraith
December 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I so want to see this movie. :)

garhkal
December 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I can't wait till may to see this, i am so stoked..

Teddybrown
March 24th, 2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fiA6sVKLlgo

Wow, just wow... This looks awesome!

jelgate
March 24th, 2014, 11:36 AM
"The uploader has not made the video available in your country"

garhkal
March 27th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Not coming in for me either.

Teddybrown
April 15th, 2014, 12:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wn_4k-rri1Y

First clip from the movie.

Teddybrown
April 16th, 2014, 04:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pGZ1ds_5q-E

Final trailer.

garhkal
April 16th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I am seriously jonsing for this.. I hope to high heck that they Don't do to this like they have done to many others, and release it everywhere else before its released stateside.

jelgate
April 16th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I am seriously jonsing for this.. I hope to high heck that they Don't do to this like they have done to many others, and release it everywhere else before its released stateside.

They probably will. I'd bet all my Stargate DVDs on it.

P-90_177
April 17th, 2014, 07:08 PM
21st May international release. 23rd May stateside.

garhkal
April 17th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Soddham and gammora on their ponsy butts. I curse all of those schmucks that keep doing this.

P-90_177
April 18th, 2014, 05:38 AM
There's only a two days difference. What's the problem? They're released the same week in this case. Just a Wednesday release adroad and a Friday release in the states.

Starsaber
April 18th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Soddham and gammora on their ponsy butts. I curse all of those schmucks that keep doing this.

Foreign countries have their own movies that aren't necessarily released in the US and movie theaters only have a limited number of slots for new movies in a week. That adds another layer of complexity in trying to schedule movie releases. It seems to happen more recently, but we might just be noticing it more because they are being released internationally a week or two earlier rather than a month or two later.

garhkal
April 18th, 2014, 09:41 PM
There's only a two days difference. What's the problem? They're released the same week in this case. Just a Wednesday release adroad and a Friday release in the states.

Its just me expressing my utter irked state at their continual doing of this. I swear if i ever make something (novel or screenplay) and any studio wants it, the first and last line on any damn contract i sign will have "This film will be released stateside at least 1 week before anywhere else PERIOD!" If they are unwilling to sign, then they would not get the rights.

P-90_177
April 19th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Its just me expressing my utter irked state at their continual doing of this. I swear if i ever make something (novel or screenplay) and any studio wants it, the first and last line on any damn contract i sign will have "This film will be released stateside at least 1 week before anywhere else PERIOD!" If they are unwilling to sign, then they would not get the rights.

And why exactly shouldn't the rest of the world get a film at the same time this day and age?

Take DOFP for example
Yes it's a 20th century fox production, but:
The two original writers of the comic story it's based on are British, as are two of the writers involved with the script itself.
One of the producers, while being American, is British born.
Then there is the cast which very much an international affair.
-4 Brits
-1 Irish-German
-2 Australians
-1 Chinese
-1 French
-1 Mexican
-4 Canadians
- 5 Americans.
It was filmed entirely in Canada, which means that the majority of the crew will likewise be Canadian.

Given all that, I'd say a simultaneous worldwide release is understandable.

TheRandomOne
April 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM
This is my X-Men Movie Saga Montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6e5EiW7K-c

garhkal
April 19th, 2014, 06:45 PM
And why exactly shouldn't the rest of the world get a film at the same time this day and age?

Take DOFP for example
Yes it's a 20th century fox production, but:
The two original writers of the comic story it's based on are British, as are two of the writers involved with the script itself.
One of the producers, while being American, is British born.
Then there is the cast which very much an international affair.
-4 Brits
-1 Irish-German
-2 Australians
-1 Chinese
-1 French
-1 Mexican
-4 Canadians
- 5 Americans.
It was filmed entirely in Canada, which means that the majority of the crew will likewise be Canadian.

Given all that, I'd say a simultaneous worldwide release is understandable.

If it truely was simo, i would be all for it (like they did with the 2nd back to the future and iirc phantom menace.. released the same day and time all over). Now when you look at it, prior to say mid 2012, only a select few films seemed to get that treatment. Now days it seems EVERY film that is supposed to be big, gets it.

jelgate
April 19th, 2014, 06:56 PM
If it truely was simo, i would be all for it (like they did with the 2nd back to the future and iirc phantom menace.. released the same day and time all over). Now when you look at it, prior to say mid 2012, only a select few films seemed to get that treatment. Now days it seems EVERY film that is supposed to be big, gets it.That may be your perception but big budget movies have been released international first a lot longer than 2 years

garhkal
April 26th, 2014, 12:48 PM
That may be your perception but big budget movies have been released international first a lot longer than 2 years

in that case, it makes it worse.
Its like a chef that works at restaurant X, always 'showcasing his new recipes' at restaurant Y a few days before at the restaurant he works at.

jelgate
April 26th, 2014, 03:58 PM
That seems like a flawed analogy since chefs tend to only cook at one restaurant

Teddybrown
April 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
So, not sure if this comic news is meant to be spoilered, but will anyway

So, they're going to kill of Wolverine in the comics, think they may do this in a future film too?

garhkal
April 28th, 2014, 02:23 PM
That seems like a flawed analogy since chefs tend to only cook at one restaurant

Its the closest thing i could think of.

jelgate
April 28th, 2014, 03:59 PM
That's because you aren't thinking on a global scale.

garhkal
May 1st, 2014, 02:13 PM
And? Should everything be done globally?

jelgate
May 1st, 2014, 03:12 PM
Attaching a morality to a business practice seems pointless and irrelevant.

P-90_177
May 1st, 2014, 03:37 PM
And? Should everything be done globally?

When it comes to something that's distributed globally then sure.

garhkal
May 3rd, 2014, 12:46 PM
It is distributed globally. But when its made here, you would think they would show some common courtesy and release it hear before anywhere else. NOT AFTER!

jelgate
May 3rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
Who cares about common courtesy if it makes your business more money?

P-90_177
May 3rd, 2014, 12:55 PM
It is distributed globally. But when its made here, you would think they would show some common courtesy and release it hear before anywhere else. NOT AFTER!

So Canada should get it first? :P

Cairistiona
May 22nd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Watched it today. Awesome movie, brilliant actors, and I think I need a cold shower. ;)

Infinite-Possibilities
June 13th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I saw the movie today and rather enjoyed it despite the unavoidable flaws that came with the giant mess of continuity. I also avoided most media and news about the film beforehand. Was there ever an official reason why most of the cast from X-Men: First Class initially signed on and then left?

mr_kennedy
September 11th, 2014, 02:41 PM
i loved that they retconned x-men 3, one of the things that makes this movie great, i really liked Peter Dinkledge and Evan Peters in this

garhkal
November 15th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Finally saw it via Redbox. LOVED IT, though i would have liked a bit more back story on some of the newer folk. Like bishop and blink. And would have really loved it if they explained a bit more HOW Trask got a hold of the other survivors from Cuba for experimentation, but not beast or havok.

Teddybrown
July 16th, 2015, 12:19 PM
http://cultfix.co.uk/x-men-apocalypse-pics-reveal-villain-cast-29577.htm
X Men Apocalype pics reveal villain and cast

Is there a thread yet for this?

garhkal
July 16th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I always imagined (and judging by the comics saw) Apocalypse as bigger/more stocky than those pics would indicate.

garhkal
August 8th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Just did a rewatch and i am still baffled as to
A) how trask in this film got ahold of the 6 mutants he had already autopsied.
B) how logan when he 'woke up' couldn't remember anything from what had happened since he went into the water (and got rescued by stryker)
C) how both Jean and scott were back alive..

Teddybrown
December 11th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Dunno if theres a thread for X Men Aplocalypse, but the first trailer has just been released

https://youtu.be/COvnHv42T-A

garhkal
December 11th, 2015, 08:56 PM
HOLY taledo.. That was good!!!!

VampyreWraith
December 12th, 2015, 12:26 PM
I really can't wait to watch Apocalypse.

garhkal
December 12th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I liked how in the clip it showed apocalypse growing..

VampyreWraith
December 16th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I liked how in the clip it showed apocalypse growing..

Yeah, it looked like he was in some kind of fight with Xavier during that part.

garhkal
December 16th, 2015, 11:35 AM
So when we going to split AoA off from DoFP?

garhkal
January 1st, 2016, 12:31 PM
So, i saw there is a "Rogue cut" version of DofP out there in stores..

Has anyone gotten it and watched? Is it better than the theatrical release?

VampyreWraith
January 2nd, 2016, 07:33 AM
I've watched it. I like it slightly better than the theatrical release. For the most part, I really like the added scenes (loved the two main ones and some of the added bits in the future), but I think it's also a bit choppy in some places where they've added a bit of dialogue or extended a scene (in some places the dialogue seems like it's been added on after, and there's alternate scene where the sudden change in outfits seems a bit weird, IMO, anyway). Overall, I really liked it though, and I think it's worth watching.

Morgania
January 4th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I just saw "Days of Future Past" last night.Magneto is one of my favourite characters. Was that Azazel guy one of those mutants autopsied? That guy seemed pretty awesome in First Class. And isn't he Nightclawer's dad?

Infinite-Possibilities
January 4th, 2016, 08:48 PM
I just saw "Days of Future Past" last night.Magneto is one of my favourite characters. Was that Azazel guy one of those mutants autopsied? That guy seemed pretty awesome in First Class. And isn't he Nightclawer's dad?

He was yes. I think most of the dead mutants were characters that were intended to be included in the movie but then were all cut when plans changed. He might have been intended to be Nightcrawler's dad (although that raises a couple issues of it's own), but presumably isn't anymore.

garhkal
January 4th, 2016, 09:23 PM

He was one of those pictures we saw as been autopsied on.. BUT i still like to know how the heck they got hold of him, banchee and the others from first class.. THAT is something i would have loved hear them explain..

Morgania
January 6th, 2016, 07:32 AM
I'm pretty sure Nightclawer was in the Apocalypse trailer. Not sure how that will be explained with one parent too young and the other dead.

Yeah, I want to know how they got a hold of those other mutants too.

garhkal
January 6th, 2016, 10:04 PM
So should we go ahead and split this off to have Xmen Apocalypse in its own thread?