Spider-man (Sam Raimi's trilogy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-man (Sam Raimi's trilogy)

With the recent release of The Amazing Spider-man on DVD, I figure there's going to be more chatter about the movie in the main thread. I never followed the comics nor cartoons, and I haven't seen the new movie. I'd like to have a discussion thread that focuses on Sam Raimi's 2002-07 trilogy. To start off the thread, most seen to love the first two movies while slamming the third. Personally, I liked the third movie. Why was it so heavily criticized?

Because its a bit of a mess. There's are a few too many elements. Venom is it in for all of three seconds. And no one can stand the goofyness and camp of emo Peter Parker, turning what was supposed to be a serious rage issue with the symbiote into farce. When one goes in to a spider-man movie one does not expect a dance number.

There are lot of plotholes as well. Why has that Butler never mention he knows Normal's glider killed him before now? Why does Mary Jane break up with Peter rather than just telling her superpowered boyfriend Harry's after him?

--

What gets me about the Raimi movies were very well received when they were released. (well the first two anyway) but now? People pretty much condemn them as camp sillyness and praise the new one's serious approach or some such. I guess they didn't stand the test of time?

Personally I never saw what was so good about the second one. I know they were going for the classic 'spider-man no more' storyline. But the idea he can just will away his super powers was a) not in the original story and b) patently ridiculous
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I liked all three movies as well as the third one although I think they should have focused only on venom because he is a really really awesome villain the sandman played by Hayden Christian Church I think was a good actor as well but quite underused, at least in my memories and then there was harry osbourne of course. I really liked his character as well but three villains was just to much. My favorite one is 2 because Doc Ock is a really cool character and it was not that messed up like the third one.
      sigpic

Comment

I really liked the first one, the second one was okay but the third one was a bit of a mess. They should, IMO have concentrated more on just one main villain.
        sigpic

Comment

While the third one did have too many villains, overall, it was still pretty enjoyable to me. I really liked this trilogy.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
          X