Derren Brown: Fear and Faith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derren Brown: Fear and Faith.

Watching it just now as i type.For those who dont know who this guy is,he pratises mind control and enjoys showing up magicians s charlatans among other people like religious cults or new age beliefs.Tonight his new show is injecting people who volunteered for medical testing with a new wonder drug that causes you to have no fear.It is of course a placebo but its all the little touches he puts in place that convince the patient hes really trying out a new drug that stops fear.The results should be interesting!!!

His last show finished last week,it was an elaborate set up with actors and sets all designed to make an unsuspecting person think a meteor had hit earth and people were basically now in 2 groups.Infected or unaffected.I thought it was great cos this guy had never made a decision in his life or appreciated what he had in life but throughout each part of the show he took control,protected those weaker than him and eventually made a huge sacrifice for another. So this new series promises to be good.I cant wait to see how the "patients" prove they have no fear I love me some Derren Brown.If you have never seen him check him out on 4OD(channel 4 on demand). His old stuff is on netflix but this new stuff is more up my street than his parlour tricks.Cheers
    O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

This just fantastic I love derren brown everyone of his shows genius in different ways
    sigpic

Comment

Excellent,glad to find a fellow admirer of his work.I love the fact he can do what many people sell as a "gift" but he does it and tells you its simple mind tricks.Iv learned a lot from getting into his early shows,it got me interested in psycho analysis and other psychological things he studied. He denounces those who do what he does but claim its a gift,he bluntly tells you his mind control is nothing but "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship".

The guys amazing,i have followed him on twitter for a few years and record ALL his stuff on my skyplus.These new shows are different though,i like the way he is using his skills to improve peoples confidence,etc....but not at the expense of good viewing Tonights episode is just finishing now and i enjoyed it.Next week hes dealing with the biggest "placebo" of them all....... GOD!!!! Skybox set to pre-record!!! LOL. Derren Brown is class.Cheers
      O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
      X