Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what powered the ancient weapon on Dakara ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what powered the ancient weapon on Dakara ??

i was just watching reckoning and i wondered, if the ancient chair in antartica requires a zpm to power it then what powers a machine capable of destroying and creating all life in the galaxy.surely such a source had not been found, certainly not a sustainable one at any rate as we saw on several occasions with taking power from sub-space and the minor slip up of mckays when he took out three quarters of a solar systemif it was zpms then it must have been a few as we know it took three to power atlantis to its fullest capacity and that was just a ship, granted an impressive city which doubled as a ship, but a ship nonetheless.so the question you then have to ask yourself is, if it was zpms then why didnt we take them and use them for earths needs,and atlantis of course.
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

I think it had some kind of specially made power source, like the Jumpers and that cage thing that held the Smoke Monster in.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
      I think it had some kind of specially made power source, like the Jumpers and that cage thing that held the Smoke Monster in.
      Whatever happened to that smoke monster thing? from the impression I got was that Atlantis just released it into the galaxy

Comment

Since it has no means to leave that planet (for what we know) its stranded there so is not 'released upon the galaxy.

But for all we know Dakara, merlins device (camelot) and the one from WOO all have ZPMs under them.

Comment

Presumably, Dakara was powered by several ZPM's or something else entirely. We'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Presumably, Dakara was powered by several ZPM's or something else entirely. We'll never know.
            It would seem the logical assumption but if that were the case why did earth never try to utilise them, it would have had a two-fold affedt.
            Firstly it would have bolstered our supply of ZPM's and secondly it would have prevented the jaffa or any other foreseeable adversaries from using the weapon as they did in 'counterstrike'.
            Without rendering the weapon inert because the ZPM's could always be re-inserted if the weapon was ever needed again.

Comment

You are assuming the Jaffa council will approve. Every time we've seen them they have been awfully resentful of the Tauri. They would never give us the ZPMs. Earth would have to take them by force and that would lead to a war, sure Earth could easily destroy the Jaffa ships but starting a war with them is not worth ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
                You are assuming the Jaffa council will approve. Every time we've seen them they have been awfully resentful of the Tauri. They would never give us the ZPMs. Earth would have to take them by force and that would lead to a war, sure Earth could easily destroy the Jaffa ships but starting a war with them is not worth ZPMs.
                er ... pardon my ignorance. But just how would earth destroy the Jaffa ships (motherships, hataks?)? The only thing I can think of is the chair in Antarctica. And getting all the various nations to allow the use of it again would take a huge effort, because they could never agree on whether to use it.

Comment

Asgard beam weapons can destroy a Ori mother ship in a few hits I'm pretty sure they could blow up Hataks without much trouble.

Comment

And you are also assuming we could get them out the device without ruining it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
                      Asgard beam weapons can destroy a Ori mother ship in a few hits I'm pretty sure they could blow up Hataks without much trouble.
                      True, but if there's more than one Ori mothership, all of our ships would have to be in orbit around earth at the same time in order to defeat the Ori. And since our ships are usually elsewhere and not in earth orbit, there would likely be only one or maybe two of our ships in orbit to defend earth.

Comment

Working...
                      X