Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

In 2015, Star Wars Episode VII will come out.
    I finally know how fans felt when Episode I came out.
    Note: some of the following spoilers are unlikely to be in the movie because they were told by Lucas in the 80's. I took the most unlikely ones, but some of these might be true.
    Spoiler:
    It may take place 20-40 years after ROTJ. R2 and 3PO are definitely in. It may be about rebuilding the Republic. The main theme would be about good and evil(duh). Some OT actors WILL appear. In Episode IX, Luke may make a cameo(something involving handing down a lightsaber).

If they screw up Han's death...
    Last edited by rushy; 06 November 2012, 01:53 AM.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

I'm looking forward to this.
    sigpic

Comment

since there is the possibility that the original trilogy cast members may return i was just wondering about Props I.E. Han Solo's Blaster, Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber from ROTJ, Chewie's Crossbow. do you think Lucas kept all of that stuff that way the production team doesn't have to create them all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        since there is the possibility that the original trilogy cast members may return i was just wondering about Props I.E. Han Solo's Blaster, Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber from ROTJ, Chewie's Crossbow. do you think Lucas kept all of that stuff that way the production team doesn't have to create them all over again?
        Considering the amount of copies, I don't think he needs to look much.
        And I look forward to it too.

Ok, that's good enough.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

im kinda curious about what this means.
          Arndt had written a 40- to 50-page treatment that will bring the saga of the Skywalkers, the Force-imbued family comprising Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader and twins Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa, to a close in a new trilogy. The story is said to focus on a new generation of heroes and would feature appearances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in older incarnations of their beloved characters from the original Star Wars trilogy..
          any ideas on who the new generations of heroes might be?
          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 11 November 2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Possibly the children of the original characters?
            You know, Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Possibly the children of the original characters?
              You know, Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, etc.
              It would make the most sense I think, each trilogy focusing on each generation of Skywalkers. I think it would work well because it also allows Clone Wars style films to bridge 6 to 7. It would get a lot of the backstory out of the way too, as I'd love to see Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn introduced so the uninitiated can learn who they are first.

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see what Disney comes up with.

Maybe they have Mace Windu returning from the dead(If Starkiller and Rahm Kota can survive falling from space, a few kilometers should be no problem to a Jedi Master.)

Comment

I can't wait to see what Disney comes up with.

Maybe they have Mace Windu returning from the dead(If Starkiller and Rahm Kota can survive falling from space, a few kilometers should be no problem to a Jedi Master.)
                  you forget that he was also blasted with Force lightning and his hand was cut off.

Comment

Count Dooku never had any problems until his head was cut off.

Comment

Count Dooku never had any problems until his head was cut off.
                      Yeah, and thus we know that Jedi's can use force to slow down their speed while falling, though never actually shown in a film or TV- series(?) or something like that...
                      Last edited by RedDevil; 13 November 2012, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Yes it has. I know for sure it happened in at least one episode of TCW, and I believe it's been pretty clearly implied on more than one occasion in the films too.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm pretty sure they could return an older Windu into the series, possibly as a villain(he had a pretty harsh personality in the prequels, I imagined him conquering the universe once).

Comment

I sincerely doubt Mace Windu will be returning.

I mean, for one thing, his entry on the old SW.com Databank was pretty unequivocal:
                            Defenseless, Windu was bombarded with Sith lightning as Sidious unleashed a torrent of deadly energy at the Jedi Master. The forked bolts of lightning penetrated Mace's body, illuminating his form from within. The final blast bodily lifted him into the air, sending his form hurling into the Coruscant skies, to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below.
                            But more important than that IMO is that it would betray the narrative, the story arc of Anakin, to have him survive the events on Coruscant. His death was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for Anakin, changing him from the hero to the villain of the entire saga. It'd be just a frickin' terrible idea to go and undermine that.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

*Gollum voice* George Lucases has done it before... and he can do it again.

Also, databanks can be altered. And it wouldn't screw up Anakin's transformation because for a long time, Windu was assumed to be dead. It'd still be very effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X