Goa'uld ribbon device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld ribbon device

Did anyone notice that the Goa'uld ribbon device seemed to disapear in later seasons? This, more than anything, is what made individual Goa'uld so dangerous! Shield, blast you across the room, fry your brain; all in a gold glove that can't be knocked out of their hand. I get that Carter couldn't control it, but when Vala joined up... can you imagine Vala with a ribbon device combating a Prior? Missed opportunity!

I can see where you're coming from but remember that episode where the prior starts to put a shield around a jaffa planet?

And how he pushes away multiple jaffa and almost sends them flying?

I think the priors could have beaten Vala easily and they also didn't trust Vala very much.
    sigpic

Comment

Still, point is, I'd have loved to see Vala use the ribbon device to protect SG-1. It would be ironic, it's been a weapon against them for so long, now being used to protect them.

Comment

Who's to say she could have used one any better than sam did?

Comment

She was able to use the Kull Warrior armor and weapon in "Prometheus Unbound."

Comment

Yeah and she was able to use the healing device extensively when a planet qatesh once ruled was hit by the priors plague.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think there was anything special needed for the Kull warrior armr.

Comment

It absorbs energy blasts. That pretty handy
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah but you don't need a special blood marker to use it like you would need to use a ribbon device.
                  sigpic

Comment

They never specified but it wouldn't surprise if it requires naqudah in your blood like a lot of Goa'uld technology
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

No because then when Jacob put the armour on to pretend to be one Carter wouldnt have asked why he had to do it and he would have replied that it needed to be someone who could activate goaould tech, he just had to do it because he could change the plan and adapt if it was needed
                      sigpic

Comment

That is kind of vague and isn't enough to me to indicate a a definite answer
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                        X