PDA

View Full Version : Henry's Father? (Spoilers/Speculation)

rkgardner2003
November 4th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I'm not sure if this topic has already been tossed around but, what are your thoughts on who Henry's father could be?

Wouldn't it be something if he turns out to be Baelfire...

VampyreWraith
November 4th, 2012, 05:59 AM
I'm not sure if this topic has already been tossed around but, what are your thoughts on who Henry's father could be?

I'd like that. I think that could be interesting.

hedwig
November 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Which one is Baelfire?

VampyreWraith
November 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Baelfire is Rumple's son.

hedwig
November 4th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Baelfire is Rumple's son.

Thanks. I just started watching recently and haven't quite caught up on all the characters. :)

VampyreWraith
November 4th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Thanks. I just started watching recently and haven't quite caught up on all the characters. :)
You're welcome! :) There are a lot of characters(most with more than one name), it can be hard to keep track of who everyone is sometimes, especially at first.

garhkal
November 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM
From this weeks ep, we see it may have been beardy, the thief she fell in love with.

VampyreWraith
November 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah, the sleazy looking ex-boyfriend.

TrueRomantic
November 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'd say it's a sure bet that we know who the father is based on this past episode. I actually kind of like the guy.He seemed to actually care about Emma. But I'm betting he's going to be getting a hard time from her if he actually heeded the postcard and goes to see her in Storybrooke, since she thinks he abandoned her and set her up.

VampyreWraith
November 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I actually disliked what August did. I kind of like the guy too, he did seem to really care for Emma; they(costume/makeup prople) just made him look really sleazy(almost too sleazy lol).

TrueRomantic
November 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I actually disliked what August did. I kind of like the guy too, he did seem to really care for Emma; they(costume/makeup prople) just made him look really sleazy(almost too sleazy lol).I get why August did what he did, but I'm still upset about it. And then I look at how much Emma finally trusted and liked August by the end of last season, and it makes me wonder what it's going to do to her if she finds out all the details. She's gone and closed herself off for so long because of how she feels betrayed by this one guy, only for the next guy she truly tries to trust to turn out to be the reason the original guy betrayed her in the first place!And then Henry is going to find out Emma lie to him about his dad, and that's going to open a whole new can of worms for everyone involved about trust and lies and...UGH!!! I hope they find a way to resolve everything with the least amount of pain for Emma and Henry.

jeri
November 6th, 2012, 08:20 AM
August desperately needs to get back to his dad, and perhaps he already knew he would turn back to wood if he didn't get back to magic eventually. So I get why he was doing what he did, but it did seem selfish. But everyone in this show is trying to fix their own lives it seems, even if they say it's for everyone's good, they still have their own well being in mind.

I'm thinking this guy, Emmas boyfriend, Henry's dad, could possibly be Bae. He acted not all that surprised when he looked into the box, what could have been in there that would not have made an average person be shocked or scared by some kind of magic? Or angry if it was some kind of blackmail? Seems interesting that he gave in so easily.

garhkal
November 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Bae?? Who dat?

TrueRomantic
November 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Bae?? Who dat?

Baelfire, Rumplestiltskin's son.

rkgardner2003
November 7th, 2012, 02:31 AM
I think that thief Nick, Tallahasse, I forgot his name already, has to be tied into the mythology of it all more than what it appears...other than Henry's dad of course.

jeri
November 7th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I think that thief Nick, Tallahasse, I forgot his name already, has to be tied into the mythology of it all more than what it appears...other than Henry's dad of course.

Yes, that appears to be the nature of this show, everything connected in some way and we have the fun of speculating how. :)

Spimman
November 7th, 2012, 10:51 AM
He did steal a bunch of watches, white rabbit perhaps???

the fifth man
November 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I like the speculation on what character Henry's Dad may be. Hopefully we find out.

garhkal
November 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Baelfire, Rumplestiltskin's son.

Ah.. Gotcha.

And as for mr thief potentially being the write rabit, how has he managed to stay out of storybrook for soo long if he WAS tied in.

rkgardner2003
November 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I think that someone sent to/or went to Storybrooke/non magical world prior to the curse wasn't trapped there, like Emma and August. So Mr Thief could be tied in some how.

Platschu
November 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I also support tha Bae theory, but it would be a bit unbelievable that three "off-world" strangers could find each other so easily.

jelgate
November 18th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I thought it was made pretty clear that the criminal Emma ran with was Henry's father

TrueRomantic
November 18th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I thought it was made pretty clear that the criminal Emma ran with was Henry's father

I thought so too. Unless Bae is somehow the criminal, I don't think Bae is the father. I understood the episode to be telling us that Henry's father is the criminal Emma ran with. Especially since I don't see Emma as the type to ever sleep around, and it was very obvious that she and the criminal were in a rather serious relationship, given the fact that he was trying to protect her and settle down to a life without crime. It stands to reason that he was the only one she was sleeping with, so he'd be Henry's father. They were still planning to run off together when he called the cops and got her arrested, so I doubt there was another man.

It also explains why Emma lied to Henry about his father. She felt like she'd been tricked and set up by the father, but she didn't want Henry to know that and lied to spare his feelings. If he ends up going to town, it's going to be interesting if/when Henry finds out the truth.

But yeah, unless he is also somehow Bae, I don't know how Bae could be the father. It was an interesting theory, but it just doesn't seem plausible now.

Platschu
November 19th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I hope Bae will be Pan Peter in Neverland and that will be how Hook and Rumpi will have some unfinished business. :)

jelgate
November 19th, 2012, 05:30 AM
That doesn't work as they have already identified who is Peter Pan in Fairytale land. This was after Balefire fell through the portal

rkgardner2003
November 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Yes it was clear he was the father, but is it not possible for them to spin it somehow that he has a past she wouldn't know about and therefore possibly tied in some other way? Not necessarily as Bae. Boy, is she gonna be some mad with August when she finds out he was involved!

majorsal
November 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM
That doesn't work as they have already identified who is Peter Pan in Fairytale land. This was after Balefire fell through the portal

who is it?

Shylodog
November 21st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah. I'm at a loss too. Who did they identify as Peter Pan? And what was in the "Ark of Truth" August was toting around with him? It'll be interesting to see.

jelgate
November 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
who is it?

William Smee

Remybug
December 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
William Smee

No, William Smee is not Peter Pan. He is Hook's companion in the story of Peter Pan.

Remybug
December 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
His FTL persona is also Smee.... Peter Pan has yet to be identified. I would think with the addition of Hook this season, we are bound to find out who Peter and Tinkerbell are.

I assume that Neal Cassidy (thief/Henry's dad) is a member of FTL. He believed August too quickly. I think Bae will be Peter Pan... Not sure if he's Neal. I originally thought Neal was jack.... From jack and the beanstalk.

jelgate
December 3rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
No, William Smee is not Peter Pan. He is Hook's companion in the story of Peter Pan.

Yes he is. Never does it say Peter Pan was not orginally part of Hook's crew. OUAT has taken some creative liberties with fairytales and the guy of not wanting to turn old does fit the Peter Pan persona

hedwig
January 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM

Who is Peter Pan in Fairytale Land? You aren't referring to the Peter that Red/Ruby thought was the wolf and whom Red wound up killing, are you? Because that Peter was from Peter and the Wolf, and not Peter Pan.

Livestick
January 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Who is Peter Pan in Fairytale Land? You aren't referring to the Peter that Red/Ruby thought was the wolf and whom Red wound up killing, are you? Because that Peter was from Peter and the Wolf, and not Peter Pan.

Read up a little bit. He said it's Smee, which makes no sense at all, but good luck convincing him of that.

hedwig
January 5th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Read up a little bit. He said it's Smee, which makes no sense at all, but good luck convincing him of that.

I googled "Once Upon a Time and Smee" and it indicated that "Smee" was played by Chris Gauthier in the 4th episode of 2 season episode where he (Smee) kidnaps Belle. I haven't seen that episode, so I don't know what kidnapping Belle would have to do with Peter Pan just because of the name. :confused:

I hope to catch up on all episodes fairly soon. Tonight ABC is having a short "marathon" of three of Season 2's episodes; unfortunately, not that one.

Livestick
January 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I googled "Once Upon a Time and Smee" and it indicated that "Smee" was played by Chris Gauthier in the 4th episode of 2 season episode where he (Smee) kidnaps Belle. I haven't seen that episode, so I don't know what kidnapping Belle would have to do with Peter Pan just because of the name. :confused:

I hope to catch up on all episodes fairly soon. Tonight ABC is having a short "marathon" of three of Season 2's episodes; unfortunately, not that one.

I don't think that's it. Jel's reasoning seems to be that Smee is Peter Pan because he wanted Rumpelstiltskin to give him eternal youth. Because obviously not dying of old age is something that only Peter Pan would want. :rolleyes:

hedwig
January 5th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I don't think that's it. Jel's reasoning seems to be that Smee is Peter Pan because he wanted Rumpelstiltskin to give him eternal youth. Because obviously not dying of old age is something that only Peter Pan would want. :rolleyes:

When I googled Once Upon a Time and Smee, I also came across information that said the producers want to bring in Peter Pan, Wendy and Tinkerbell, but have not cast them yet, and have yet to write an appropriate storyline for them. Given that information, then Smee is not Peter Pan.

rkgardner2003
February 18th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Well, now we know! ;)

garhkal
February 19th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Yup.. And man was it a humdinger!

Mrja84
February 21st, 2013, 04:52 AM
Yup.. And man was it a humdinger!

Everyone kinda knew it from the start. So now that is it finally done, let's see what happens.

Girlbot
February 21st, 2013, 05:08 AM
but it would be a bit unbelievable that three "off-world" strangers could find each other so easily.

It seemed all too convenient. Small world that it was that easy.
Plus the fact that he was not only Henry's father, but Rumple's son. Makes it seem that Emma didn't have many choices in life, it was magically fated that all this came together. But then again, that is Fairy Tale writing.

Mrja84
February 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
It seemed all too convenient. Small world that it was that easy.
Plus the fact that he was not only Henry's father, but Rumple's son. Makes it seem that Emma didn't have many choices in life, it was magically fated that all this came together. But then again, that is Fairy Tale writing.

Don't forget Rumpel used magic to pinpoint where his son was in the world. As for having Emma and him meet and give birth to Henry. Well, it's not magic. Sure the Seer saw the future, but that just meant she saw it was going to happen.

It's like viewing a movie, no matter how much you rewatch it, it will remain the same. It's not magic as magic doesn't exist in our world. So it was merely stating that their choices meant they were going to meet.

For instance, the choices I made in life caused me to move out of the state I grew up in and live just two blocks away from a girl I would meet 11 months after I moved in that apartment. That girl would become my girlfriend 13 months after I moved to that location.

There was no outside force, just the choices we made (and the choices the people around us made) meant we were going to meet. We couldn't see the future, but once it passed we could see the tiny moments where our choices put us on the path where we were to cross.

I do think in terms of story-telling there is going to be a larger destiny for Emma than just breaking the curse. Recall Rumpel's actions caused Jimney to become a cricket when Gepetto was a child, now Gepetto is an old man. So Rumpel was told of his part in starting the curse decades before it the curse was enacted.

Rumpel is just as much a pawn as anyone else. These characters and their motivations are placing them on a path we cannot yet see. They are trying to change their circumstances but all their previous choices have placed them on the paths they follow.

The one exception, Regina. She was on a path of redemption and now that is all gone as she seems to be plotting the detahs of the Snow and Charming family.

poundpuppy29
February 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
it was too convenient for me who Adult Bae was I was underwhelmed I see the Storylines potential but how we met adult Bae & how we saw how Bae was as a child it doesn't seem like the same character to me

hedwig
February 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
it was too convenient for me who Adult Bae was I was underwhelmed I see the Storylines potential but how we met adult Bae & how we saw how Bae was as a child it doesn't seem like the same character to me

Bae as a child and as an adult are obvioiusly not the same person. The child went through some very difficult experiences when thrown into the non-magical world. He was a teenager who had to adapt to this world and learn how to survive in it. Adult Bae was formed by all that he had experienced so, of course, he's not going to be the same person he was as a child.

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Bae as a child and as an adult are obvioiusly not the same person. The child went through some very difficult experiences when thrown into the non-magical world. He was a teenager who had to adapt to this world and learn how to survive in it. Adult Bae was formed by all that he had experienced so, of course, he's not going to be the same person he was as a child.

I totally agree. It will be interesting to see where things go with him from here.

garhkal
February 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM
But really, how much magic did he have to deal with before he fell through to our realm?

Also one thing i have wondered from the get go. Other than Emma being "Born here" and henry, how is it the others have socials, bank accounts etc? They just 'showed up' and as such would have no paperwork to account for them getting anything.

hedwig
March 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM

Now we know ... :p