• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Origin Story (505)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON FIVE
    AN ORIGIN STORY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 505
    The Resistance asks the Fringe team for help attacking an inter-dimensional shipping lane used by the Observers, and Peter uses his unique skills to interrogate a captured Observer in the hopes of striking back hard at the enemy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 May 2015, 11:27 PM.

Just caught up with Fringe and I have to say this episode was cool; the attempt to destroy the shipments was alright but the emotional content with Olivia and Peter is just good; it was nice to see how they handled it with Olivia being more sensible and Peter being more aggressive.

What happens to Peter is just amazing, even though it's just 13 episodes, bring on Observer Peter!
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Will be interested to see how the air machine plays out and if they can really stop it

but yeh Peter uses his emotions more, whereas Olivia tends to shut down but Walter told her not to

Peter might have gone a bit overboard putting the teleporting/moving fast chip into him, but hell will be good to see him kicking some ass

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger View Post
        Will be interested to see how the air machine plays out and if they can really stop it

but yeh Peter uses his emotions more, whereas Olivia tends to shut down but Walter told her not to

Peter might have gone a bit overboard putting the teleporting/moving fast chip into him, but hell will be good to see him kicking some ass
        The problem is that they have no idea about the extent of functions that Chip had. Remember how the Observers found September just before he died and locked him away? Also he knew when they were coming. Just saying that this freaking chip probably has a location and communication ability as well.

I am asking myself what Peter is going to do now. He will probably want to save Etta, but technically that cannot work. Her death is the reason he put the Chip into his head, so if he saves her the future that caused her rescue does not exist anymore.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

yeh they can't give him all the Observer powers but would be funky if he could teleport around, I've seen the preview for the next episode and Neo from the Matrix comes to mind ha

I don't think he will be able to alter time or anything like that, I wonder if it will change him in other ways, as in how he thinks or if is purely something that makes him more deadly

wonder if Olivia will get her funky powers back also

Comment

Wow, loved this episode entirely. Olivia was great, Peter was great, Walter was great. Very emotional episode to watch, especially for my wife. That ending has me a little concerned about Peter. I hope that chip doesn't affect him too much.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Before this episode aired, I was getting ready to get on here and have a big whinge about how much this new season of Fringe sucks, that the writers were being cowards for killing off Etta (and not a character that we know) - and not killing off Astrid last year and pulling a 'fake out'... and that the reason I have kept watching Fringe is that I think I see more potential in it, than the writers have committed to over the seasons (i.e. at the end of Season 1, with the reveal of the alternate universe, ZFT, and the 'war' - I was imagining a proper war between universes with 'terrorist cells' on each side etc etc etc.).

I was going to say that by pulling the 'fast-foward until Peter/Olivia have a kid, stick them in amber, and wake them up later in an observer dominated world' was a cop-out, as it made us even more disconnected with the characters the writers have developed in the previous seasons of Fringe, and how I felt absolutely nothing for Etta being killed... I was going to go and say that, once again, the writers were not realising the full 'potential' of an Observer Occupation storyline, and that the whole 'we're gonna do the last season as one long story-arc' was failing, as it was still essentially mystery of the week stuff - see Torchwood Miracle Day and Torchwood Children of Earth, Homeland and Walking Dead Season 1 and 3 on how to write a '13 episode long storyline that is awesome'...

... BUT DAMN, when Peter said "I could be 10x what you are with that tech in my head" I was sitting there chanting "do it, do it, do it, do it, do it do it, do it" at the TV... and he did!

Hence, my faith in Fringe has been partially restored! The previews for next week look very very interesting! One of the best episodes of Fringe since the Season 3 Finale!

Comment

The best episode of the season so far! Wow, so Peter is going for vengeance big time and there are no holes barred with how he will go about it. Watching that tech burrow into the back of his neck, awesome stuff! Now we have another thing to see the results of, will he be 10 times better? Oh yeah, his rage and human emotion is driving that tech now, who knows what the results are going to be! Going to enjoy Peter kicking Observer butt!

Comment

It just seems odd to me. It's the old situation where two people's actions are contrasted against one another.

This is why I can't buy their relationship. He spends the whole season 4 wanting to get back to her and yet he is lying to her. Especially after they had a child and apparently had developed good communication skills as partners.

Nope, he shuts her down. It's like their relationship is stuck in the first year. There has been no progression, no improvement to their trust and reliance on each other.

Also, Olivia wasn't "shutting down" her emotions, she was suppressing them. Trying to just focus on tasks and keep going. But Walter told her to address them.

I just am disappointed and while yes I am interested in where it's going. I have just stopped buying or believing the characters actually relate to one another.

We are just watching them tick off items on a check list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                    It just seems odd to me. It's the old situation where two people's actions are contrasted against one another.

This is why I can't buy their relationship. He spends the whole season 4 wanting to get back to her and yet he is lying to her. Especially after they had a child and apparently had developed good communication skills as partners.
                    Something happened off screen between the end of season 4 and where we are now, I don't mean the 20 years they spent in Amber, I mean in the time between Etta going "missing" and them ending up in the Amber - they hinted at it earlier in the season, something about Olivia had moved on but Peter refused to stop looking, to me they even hinted that they had split over it, I seem to remember a line about Olivia moving to New York while Peter stayed in Boston etc. etc.

Anyway, the whole series felt like a secret treasure hunt, until the last few seconds of the episode, I literally jumped out the chair when I realised what he was about to do...

Comment

I was going "what the hell are you doing, Peter?!" Knew what he was going to do when he said that but didn't think he should as who knows what it will do to him.

But that said, should make for interesting story. Looking forward to Friday.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

OT: Shouldn't that be a pic of Bobby Labonte if you support Texans instead of Jr?

Sorry couldn't resist...

Comment

Working...
                        X