Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browder: My character is going to be called Col. Mongo Mullet, until I say otherwise.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browder: My character is going to be called Col. Mongo Mullet, until I say otherwise.

I haven't seen this posted but there's a funny interview with Ben Browder about his SG-1 character at the Chicago Tribune

"Fargate" special: Ben Browder speaks

Ben Browder wants to set the record straight.

The "Farscape" star, who's joining the cast of "Stargate SG-1" next season, along with Beau Bridges, Lou Gossett Jr. and "X-Files" actor Mitch Pileggi, says fan speculation about how similar he looks to "SG-1" cast member Michael Shanks is way off base.

"We don't look that much alike," he said in a recent phone interview. "That's a myth. He's six foot and built, and I'm 5 foot 3, 235 lbs and pasty."

Oh Ben, you jokester. The two men do look alike, but they won't be playing brothers, or evil twins, or even evil alien twins. Browder's character will be a Stargate Command military pilot who ends up joining the SGC's lead team. And there will be at least one familiar face around when Browder shows up to "SG-1's" Vancouver set: "Farscape" castmate Claudia Black will be around for the first five episodes of season nine, playing the sexy alien Vala.

"They've shown a great degree of intelligence by hiring Claudia and bringing her in to do as much as they want her to do," Browder said in a semi-serious moment. "Claudia is a great actress and it'll be good for me to have a friend there. Is it weird for two actors from one show to be on another show [together]? Who knows. We're gonna be playing different characters, and I'm not sure how big the [`SG-1'/ `Farscape'] crossover audience is. Most people won't care past the first scene."

Ben and I discussed much, much more than the clearly vast and growing "Farscape"/"SG-1" crossover audience (we call ourselves Fargaters, thank you very much), and excerpts from that conversation – in which mullets, apostrophes and Claudia Black were discussed in depth – are below.

[mod snip ... see http://www.chicagotribune.com/watcher for the rest!]
    There's also some funny pics at Kansas regarding the 'mullet' comment:
    http://forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/...?topic=24262.0

http://forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/...?topic=24260.0
    Last edited by Darren; 09 February 2005, 09:47 PM.

Banner by angelfire east

Thanks for sharing, Jades! (Please remember not to repost copyrighted material in its entirety -- snippets and a link to the original for the full interview is preferred.)
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

No worries, sorry about that.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

i prefer the name col mongo mullet and thats what i shall call him from now on hehehe ben is soo funny, gotta love that guy

luv n hugs
        mara
        x x x
        AKA That Get Frelled Girl

Scapers making like an army...www.watchfarscape.com

Comment

candygram for mongo....

Comment

Crossing my fingers and hoping that the writers 'get' the idea that Ben would make a cool back-up military guy for Sam, not her boss.......If Ben gets it, shouldn't they understand ???
            Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

sounds like Ben will fit in with the cast nicely Same sense of humor.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

col. mongo mullet....dude's never gonna live that down.
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                X