• Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica Renewed

WHOOPS - WRONG THREAD

Hi all -

BSG has been renewed for a second season, as reported by Sci FI Wire:

12:00 AM, 09-FEBRUARY-05

SCI FI Renews Galactica

SCI FI Channel has ordered a second season of its hit series Battlestar Galactica, which has aired five episodes of its first season of 13 episodes. Details of the renewal—including which cast members will return, how many episodes will be produced and when the second season will commence—were still being worked out at press time.

Battlestar Galactica has been a ratings winner for SCI FI since its Jan. 14 premiere. The latest episode, Feb. 4's "You Can't Go Home Again," scored the show's best ratings yet, with 3.2 million viewers.

For the show's second season, creator and executive producer Ronald D. Moore previously told SCI FI Wire that he has already been working on as many as six new scripts to resolve the multiple cliffhangers that will end season one. Moore added that he wants to delve deeper into the show's religious themes and open up the Cylon world a bit more in the coming season. Moore continues to post his thoughts on a personal blog on SCIFI.COM. Battlestar Galactica airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, part of the channel's SCI FI Fridays lineup.
    Last edited by merodis_the_elder; 09 February 2005, 12:26 PM. Reason: Poor PLacement - wrong thread - sorry

great news
    Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

I called this, like 2 months ago, and no1 beleived me that they would renue it. Well....they didn't beleive me, they doubted me! DOUBTED! Look who's laughing now. LOOK!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

hahaha confirmation woot!

even tho it was half obvious they would renew it, the way they ended the season one finale (for those who have seen it)

Comment

This is great news! I'm glad they got a full season this time. I loved the first thirteen episodes! Yay!

Comment

Better have more action than the first series. Cos that was just crap. I think they spent more time on portraying "democracy" of the 40000 odd folks rather than whats happening with the cylon.
            Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

I'm quite satisfied with the direction of the show, at least for the part I've seen so far. I don't need non-stop action, the drama keeps me coming back every week. Glad to see a season 2.
              Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
              O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
              O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Sweet! How many seasons did the original BG have? Wonder if there is an Earth in this series.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                My deviantART profile

Comment

I like BSG but I cant see it go on for a third season though. The current story arcs wont sustain itself after a second season. The big nagging question is Earth: will they find it? What will Earth be like? Will the show end if Earth is found?

I would love it if the second season is a blastful last. I dont want it to trod on in future seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                    I like BSG but I cant see it go on for a third season though. The current story arcs wont sustain itself after a second season. The big nagging question is Earth: will they find it? What will Earth be like? Will the show end if Earth is found?

I would love it if the second season is a blastful last. I dont want it to trod on in future seasons.
                    It depends on the writers. It's all about the journey, not reaching just the destination ASAP. Many shows in the past, like Wagon Train and the Fugitive, was a never-ending journey. Besides the main characters, there were other characters that were introduced (guest star) in each episode and their lives were focused on. The journey was hard and trying, but somehow they persevered and worked together for the common good. Just substitute the Cylons for the Indians or the police/authorities and the show can run for a long time. BSG can just use the support characters for the next season or two.

Many fans are interested in the deck crew and the bridge personel and would like to see some background on them. You can even do flashback episodes with any of the characters to see how their lives and what their hopes and dreams were like before the Cylon attack. What about the Cylons and their homeworld? One could easily write a few episodes about them. Also not all the Cylons *appear* to agree with the *plan*. So there may be plenty of conflict within Cylon society if many of the Cylon models start overriding their programming and start thinking for themselves or questioning orders.

I could see the Colonials stopping or hiding at a planet or habitible asteriod/minor planet for full or half a season to rebuild, resupply, etc etc before the Cylons discover them. What if the populate grows at a pace that starts to tax the ability of the Colonials to feed and care for them or living space is running out? The right hanger bay could be turned into a ship building area, but the size of the new ships would only be as large as Colonial One.

There's plenty of material and circumstances that could possibly come up and keep the viewers engaged.
                    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X