X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendigo (102)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by The CW
    Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) follow the coordinates left in their father's journal and land in the middle of the woods where they investigate the disappearance of several campers. The two brothers soon learn they are dealing with a Wendigo, a creature made famous in Native America legends. A Wendigo is a former human whose cannibalism has transformed him into a creature with superhuman strength and speed that feasts on human flesh.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

DEAN: I hate camping!

The monster in the woods, another legend that comes to grizzly life SN style! The scene with the poor guy in the tent listening to his friends screaming and the growling shadow flitting around the tent was well done. It always gives me the chills with waiting for when the terror would break through the flimsy barrier between it and the terrified guy!

It was a horrible thought how a man could degenerate into a cannibalistic monster, Poor Dean looked so beaten up!

Watching this episode again soon after watching SGU's 'The Hunt' made me wonder at how similar the episodes were with the theme where the intelligent fast moving monster was picking off the various members of the group after separating them, taking a couple to eat later! SN's effort was the better one, had more of the creepy tension.

Going right back to the beginning is interesting, seeing Sam and Dean before they began to be worn down by the horrors they dealt with over the years. The heavy angst has yet to come, in some ways I'm quite enjoying the fresh faced Winchester boys on the mission to find their father and dealing with bad things along the way before the true horror of what lay behind their mother's and Jess's deaths is revealed.

Comment

Eh. So how did the bear break the guides neck? Hmmmm?
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
        Eh. So how did the bear break the guides neck? Hmmmm?
        Bears are extremely clever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xa0JLPgiPA

Comment

I still can't get over how *young* the boys look! And Dean is so cocky and such a smart ***, and hasn't got that deep voice yet. It's kinda there, but not quite.

Still so many good lines in this one!

And the baggy baggy jeans.....Dean....please get tighter ones!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X