PDA

View Full Version : When will it come back on?

tlw
October 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
First, I love this show. But they only have about 13 episodes per season. There were only 10 this time. It came on in July after being off for months and it is already over. I'm 46 and I remember the good old days when a season of a television show could mean as many as 26 episodes.

Second, has anyone ever seen the movie, The Librarian, starring Noah Wylie? It is very similar to Warehouse 13. Actually there are 3 Librarian movies.

jelgate
October 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Those good old days didn't have a season running 26 episodes back to back. Just like S4 episode will conclude in April

hedwig
October 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM
First, I love this show. But they only have about 13 episodes per season. There were only 10 this time. It came on in July after being off for months and it is already over. I'm 46 and I remember the good old days when a season of a television show could mean as many as 26 episodes.

Second, has anyone ever seen the movie, The Librarian, starring Noah Wylie? It is very similar to Warehouse 13. Actually there are 3 Librarian movies.

I've seen all The Librarian movies. They were great. Wish they'd make another one. :)

Syfy seems to only have shows that are about 13 episodes long and no more. And even if they're good enough shows, they still get cancelled after 5 years. So Warehouse 13 only has about another 1-2 season if Syfy continues on that schedule.

mandogater
October 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM

SyFy is splitting the season for some unknown reason and like jelgate said it will be back in April. Not sure about having to wait that long to find out what happens though.

The Librarian movies seemed interesting but I could only get into the one co-staring Stana Katic for some reason.

jelgate
October 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
SyFy is splitting the season for some unknown reason and like jelgate said it will be back in April. Not sure about having to wait that long to find out what happens though.

The Librarian movies seemed interesting but I could only get into the one co-staring Stana Katic for some reason.

Its a pretty common tactic for SyFy and cable in general when they have a 20 episode season. The logic being better to wait a few months for part of the season then to wait 9 months for a whole season

the fifth man
October 20th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Not back until April? That wait will definitely suck.

tlw
October 21st, 2012, 05:12 AM
Those good old days didn't have a season running 26 episodes back to back. Just like S4 episode will conclude in April

No, but they did usually have more a dozen. And I think this show only has a 12-13 count total, not 20 split in half. I realize that networks are doing this to have a wider variety. But it is aggravating if you like something and don't like what the replacement is. I'm glad to hear it's back in April.

Inquisitor
October 21st, 2012, 05:43 AM

co-staring Stana Katic

I think I know the reason.

jelgate
October 21st, 2012, 06:22 AM
No, but they did usually have more a dozen. And I think this show only has a 12-13 count total, not 20 split in half. I realize that networks are doing this to have a wider variety. But it is aggravating if you like something and don't like what the replacement is. I'm glad to hear it's back in April.

You are wrong. Season 4 is a 20 episode spilit half. As for the replacement its impossible for a TV channel to please everyone

tlw
October 21st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info.

mandogater
October 21st, 2012, 04:31 PM
Its a pretty common tactic for SyFy and cable in general when they have a 20 episode season. The logic being better to wait a few months for part of the season then to wait 9 months for a whole season

I know they love to do this to fans. My biggest problem is I'm not a very patient person. Even though I am getting better at waiting, things like this tend to drive me batty.

mandogater
October 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
I think I know the reason.

You're most likely right. ;)

Briangate78
October 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM

Hey, at least we don't have to wait till the Summer. lol.

mandogater
October 22nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hey, at least we don't have to wait till the Summer. lol.

True but as I am found of saying, I may know someone named Patience but I don't have any.

the fifth man
January 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Do we still have to wait until April? If so, that really sucks.

jelgate
January 21st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Yes

ekym
January 24th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm guessing April 15th, tax day. Because it is a Monday show and the new syfy show premiers on that day

the fifth man
January 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Way too long of a hiatus. This will definitely not help this show IMO.

jelgate
January 25th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Way too long of a hiatus. This will definitely not help this show IMO.

The long hiatsus being worse is nothing more than a myth

Esquin
January 30th, 2013, 08:06 PM
If shows like how I met your mother and big bang can come on the air for 2 weeks then disappear for a month for no reason at all I think the Walking Dead can survive this.

jelgate
January 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Thier is a reason. Its called Sweeps

the fifth man
February 2nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
This long of a break in the middle of the season still sucks.

planet_tv
March 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
It looks like Warehouse 13 will return April 29 on SYFY at 10pm EST:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/25/warehouse-13-trailer-date/

Gate Ranger
March 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Finally!

mandogater
March 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM
It looks like Warehouse 13 will return April 29 on SYFY at 10pm EST:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/25/warehouse-13-trailer-date/

Thanks for the link, planet_tv!

I can't wait to see how they get out of this one.

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Finally!

Amen to that.

Seaboe Muffinchucker
April 3rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
I note that they're bringing it back almost as late as is possible to still call April.

Seaboe

techs
April 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I note that they're bringing it back almost as late as is possible to still call April.

Seaboe

I fear this is the last of WH13. At the end of the upcoming 10 episodes it will be four years since the premiere. There will also have been about 58 episodes. If the show was going to restart at the same time it did last year in July it would seem too late to get the filming done, or at least an announcement.

I suspect shortly after Defiance premieres, as long as it doesn't tank, they will announce WH13 is over.

mandogater
April 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I fear this is the last of WH13. At the end of the upcoming 10 episodes it will be four years since the premiere. There will also have been about 58 episodes. If the show was going to restart at the same time it did last year in July it would seem too late to get the filming done, or at least an announcement.

I suspect shortly after Defiance premieres, as long as it doesn't tank, they will announce WH13 is over.

I really hope you are wrong, techs. WH13 is the only thing left on Sfyfy that I actually watch.

techs
April 12th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I really hope you are wrong, techs. WH13 is the only thing left on Sfyfy that I actually watch.

They have two new shows they are making. The RDM one and the M. Night Shamalamadingdong one. Along with Defiance and Being Human which they just renewed that's four in house shows. They also have Lost Girl and Continuum. That's as many scripted shows as they usually have.

I think a lot depends on whether the WWE is serious about forming their own network and taking wrestling away from Syfy.

Killdeer
April 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I've been looking around a bit, and it seems like a lot of people are expecting 4.2 to be the end. I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it's not - like mandogater this is the only show left on Syfy I still watch.

Even if it gets renewed for a fifth season though, it won't be back before 2014. So no, it's not the same as other channels do. Most channels may put a break in the middle of their seasons, but they still air one season a year. Syfy is the only channel I know of that practices the two-seasons-for-the-price-of-one thing - ordering an extra long season, splitting it in two, and then airing it over two years.

mandogater
April 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I've been looking around a bit, and it seems like a lot of people are expecting 4.2 to be the end. I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it's not - like mandogater this is the only show left on Syfy I still watch.

Even if it gets renewed for a fifth season though, it won't be back before 2014. So no, it's not the same as other channels do. Most channels may put a break in the middle of their seasons, but they still air one season a year. Syfy is the only channel I know of that practices the two-seasons-for-the-price-of-one thing - ordering an extra long season, splitting it in two, and then airing it over two years.

That concept has never made any sense to me. The long gap could and probably has driven fans away from the networks shows.

mandogater
April 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
They have two new shows they are making. The RDM one and the M. Night Shamalamadingdong one. Along with Defiance and Being Human which they just renewed that's four in house shows. They also have Lost Girl and Continuum. That's as many scripted shows as they usually have.

I think a lot depends on whether the WWE is serious about forming their own network and taking wrestling away from Syfy.

Defiance looks kind of interesting, so I'll probably give it a chance. I lost interest in Being Human before the first season ended and I've never watched Lost Girl or Continuum.

Killdeer
April 13th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Doesn't make sense to me either, but after W13 ends, I'm done. I honestly don't care how ridiculous it sounds. :( I can accept that what happened with SGA wasn't totally their fault, but I'm still pretty bitter about how Eureka was handled, even before the cancellation fiasco.

FYI, Syfy posted episode 4.11 online early. I made a new thread for it, with the link.

the fifth man
April 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I am very happy the wait is finally almost over. Sadly though, I too am one that thinks Warehouse may not be long for this world. Syfy took way too long bringing this back from a mid-season break.

Linda06
May 8th, 2013, 01:49 PM
New WH13 starts in the UK on Thursday.

hedwig
May 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I think it's supposed to start again next Monday.