Should I keep watching The Mentalist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I keep watching The Mentalist?

Anyone here a fan, lately I've just become tired of the show...

Lately it's become a bit of a carricature of itself IMHO. The main villain that the show started off with Red John has become a villian of almost cartoon villain nature. He's always 4 steps ahead of everyone, has millions of minions even in places like the FBI, and has a bodyguard and limo driver.... Come on.... 5 seasons of this.... Bruno Heller one of the writers of the show said that basically they are making it up as they go along with Red John. This is truly disappointing considering when the show started he said they had a plan...

Do all show writers get like this when they've been at a show too long?

Sorry for ranting.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Understand you - I loved thss show when it started and now I still watch it when I have the time but I am no more hooked. I am tired too of Red John. Hope they find a better development otherwise this will be one of the next axed ones. And that would be a pity, because Simon Baker is a terrific actor.
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I loved the show the first couple of years. Then the characters started to become less likable. The Red John thing lasted waaaaaaaay to long and became very unbelievable. The characters were/are a hop skip and a jump away from corruption charges because they all allowed themselves to be manipulated by Jane? Sorry. I don't really even miss it.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I really enjoyed the show, but now that it has moved to Sunday's I can't really watch it very often because of other shows we watch... (by "we" I mean my husband and NHRA Drag racing ). I figured I could catch up with it during reruns or on Netflix. I'm disappointed/relieved to hear that it isn't getting better and that they still have Red John arc going on... the relieved part is that at least it doesn't sound like I'm missing out either.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, doesn't sound too good ! Well, I really was into the show one and a half season but after that ... They had never killed of Bosco so fast!
          Uhm, wasn't RedJohn supposed to be dead? Haven't I heard that Jane shoot him? *iz confused now*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            lately I've just become tired of the show...
            There's your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              There's your answer.
              No....... I'm tired of the over extended Red John arc...... It's gone on way too long and everyone has become an insult to the way the show first started ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                Wow, doesn't sound too good ! Well, I really was into the show one and a half season but after that ... They had never killed of Bosco so fast!
                Uhm, wasn't RedJohn supposed to be dead? Haven't I heard that Jane shoot him? *iz confused now*
                No he's not dead, that was one of the millions of minions he has.... Like I said Jane's arch enemy has taken on cartoon character proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  No....... I'm tired of the over extended Red John arc...... It's gone on way too long and everyone has become an insult to the way the show first started ...
                  When a show's quality drops, I tune out and find something better to watch.

Comment

I've recorded it the past two weeks, and I think gotten to the end of the good wife and just hit rewind. I too am tired of red john. I'm getting the same way with hawaii 50 and the wo fat storyline. Villians that go on for years and years and years are boring. especially when they seem to be unbeatable.

I switched it over and watched alaska state troopers instead.

what was fun was him solving mysteries and punking others upon occasion. now it's the endless angst of red john and him almost being cruel, and don't the FBI folks get sick and tired of him manipulating them?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I've recorded it the past two weeks, and I think gotten to the end of the good wife and just hit rewind. I too am tired of red john. I'm getting the same way with hawaii 50 and the wo fat storyline. Villians that go on for years and years and years are boring. especially when they seem to be unbeatable.

what was fun was him solving mysteries and punking others upon occasion. now it's the endless angst of red john and him almost being cruel, and don't the FBI folks get sick and tired of him manipulating them?

It's gotten that way........And There's a small voice of growing dissatisfaction with the show. Bruno Heller head writer doesn't see why we fans who are upset are upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Similar here... I Tivo it, but the folder just keeps growing. The mentalist character used to smile so much more and seemed to get a bit of a kick out of solving crimes.

There seems to be a growing number of shows that are doing this to us it seems. I stopped watching NCIS LA because I got tired the Agent G's identity storyline. And I completely agree with the Hawaii-50 arc... let him die already.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                          Similar here... I Tivo it, but the folder just keeps growing. The mentalist character used to smile so much more and seemed to get a bit of a kick out of solving crimes.

There seems to be a growing number of shows that are doing this to us it seems. I stopped watching NCIS LA because I got tired the Agent G's identity storyline. And I completely agree with the Hawaii-50 arc... let him die already.

OMG the Lo Fat story has just dragged on and on..... And they jumped the shark when the Govenor herself was part of his conspiracy..... I just thought .WTF?????????

Comment

Working...
                          X