PDA

View Full Version : The CW's Arrow General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sp!der
October 11th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I did not found an own thread for this show. I just watched the pilot and was pleasntely surprised. I have to say a got hooked and it really looks different then smallville ( I only watched the first three seasons or so and then gave up buy the unbelieviable unlikeable characters ! Hope it does well enough. Has it got a full season yet ?

jelgate
October 11th, 2012, 06:58 AM
CW TV is different then the other networks. They don't usually do a 13 episode comitment and then a full season like the other networks. Generally when they pick up a show its for the whole season. Give me an hour and I'll know how good the show did last night

Starsaber
October 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I'm not completely sold on it yet, but the pilot wasn't bad.

hedwig
October 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Here's an article related to the premiere:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/arrow-ratings-series-premiere_n_1958246.html

the fifth man
October 14th, 2012, 05:23 PM
My wife and I really enjoyed the premiere. We were pleasantly surprised. We look forward to episode #2.

VampyreWraith
October 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I really liked the first episode, and I'm looking forward to the new ep tonight. :)

Starfist
October 19th, 2012, 02:46 PM
This series airs on Sky 1 here in the UK. It's Pilot/First episode is on this coming Monday 22nd October.
I've set my Sky + box to remind me it's on.

Krisz
October 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Not impressed at all by the first two episodes, not even one thing in it that made me want to hang on to watch another episode to see if the other things would get better. :(

This is one that I'll probably tune into if it happens to be on whilst I'm looking for something to watch. Probably find I haven't missed anything, the plot just plodding along with the weekly ticking off the list of righting wrongs by a pretty uninteresting main character, and the underlying conspiracy not revealed for ages.

hedwig
October 19th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Not impressed at all by the first two episodes, not even one thing in it that made me want to hang on to watch another episode to see if the other things would get better. :(

This is one that I'll probably tune into if it happens to be on whilst I'm looking for something to watch. Probably find I haven't missed anything, the plot just plodding along with the weekly ticking off the list of righting wrongs by a pretty uninteresting main character, and the underlying conspiracy not revealed for ages.

I feel the same way. :)

Teddybrown
October 20th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Ive also set my to record this, as it looks interesting...

the fifth man
October 20th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Personally, I have really enjoyed the first two episodes. I look forward to how this story will unfold.

VampyreWraith
October 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Personally, I have really enjoyed the first two episodes. I look forward to how this story will unfold.
I've really enjoyed them both as well. I think it kinda has a Batman Begins feel to it (even a few of the scenes looked similar). I liked the first episode a little better than the second one though. I'm looking forward to the next episode. :)

Sp!der
October 21st, 2012, 09:55 AM
Episode 2 was good but not that good I hope it will improve.

Heaven
October 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
only been two episodes but the show seems well executed and the cast is pretty good
with that being said, I absolutely HATE superheroes and mortal superheroes are the worst kind

doubt I'll watch regular

the fifth man
October 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Arrow has gotten a full season pickup. Very good news.:)

jelgate
October 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Only total bombs don't get the full season pickup

Teddybrown
October 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Finally watched the Pilot of this, pretty interesting, with a few twists and turns...
Probably going to keep up with this cause its got Colin Salmon in...

Mrja84
October 25th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'll watch it, but I'm not too impressed by it.

My favorite line is when his friend mentions the gang that kidnapped Ollie getting killed and then Ollie saying, "Just be glad you're alive". Ha! Cause he would kill him! But that was the pilot and so far, I'm just not impressed by the characters or the story.

The book was empty in his father's pocket, so where did all this information come from? Definitely not his father, unless there's a tape or something.

VampyreWraith
October 25th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I watched the third episode last night. I liked it a lot better than the second ep, I also liked it better than the first. I think it was the best episode so far, I'm looking forward to next week.

Starfist
October 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I have seen the first episode. And I think this show has some potential. And the twist at the end of the episode. Was a surprise that I didn't see coming. Which I think was the point.

It has a lot of twists and turns. Which I am sure we'll see as the series continues.

the fifth man
October 29th, 2012, 07:01 PM
So far, my wife and I are really enjoying this take on Green Arrow. Anyone know how it is doing ratings-wise?

VampyreWraith
October 29th, 2012, 07:11 PM
It's doing good for The CW. I think it's rated just slightly lower than The Vampire Diaries(CW's highest rated show).

the fifth man
October 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
It's doing good for The CW. I think it's rated just slightly lower than The Vampire Diaries(CW's highest rated show).

Well I hope that keeps up.

VampyreWraith
October 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Well I hope that keeps up.

I hope so too. I really enjoy the show, and so does my son. :)

Starfist
October 31st, 2012, 06:32 AM
I am enjoying this show. Especially all the twists and turns.

the fifth man
October 31st, 2012, 07:49 PM
One thing I hope this show continues to do is fill us in on what happened to Oliver while he was on the island. I enjoy those flashbacks.

garhkal
October 31st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Big thing i have started wondering.. Since his sanctum is off the grid, how the heck did he get all those power lines/cable lines in for his pcs, and all that fantasy tech arrows??

WingedPegasus
October 31st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Big thing i have started wondering.. Since his sanctum is off the grid, how the heck did he get all those power lines/cable lines in for his pcs, and all that fantasy tech arrows??

That, and I was wondering how he became an electronics expert after being stranded on a deserted island for five years. :P

Mrja84
November 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM
That, and I was wondering how he became an electronics expert after being stranded on a deserted island for five years. :P

YES! I was wondering that in the last episode where he is hacking into Interpol. Not to mention how he learned Russian, we saw the guy "training" him is not speaking Russian.

PS: I love that Tony Stark (Robert Downing Jr.) avatar.

VampyreWraith
November 2nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Towards the end of the third episode, they showed other people on the island, like special forces/ninja types(i don't know how else to describe them, sorry). Maybe he learned all that stuff from from them. The flashbacks on the island are pretty much my favorite part of the show.

the fifth man
November 3rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
This show is off to a really nice start IMO. My wife and father really seem to enjoy it too.

Ian-S
November 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I don't think we're supposed to question how he has obtained these skills, but just to accept that he has, he's a DC character after all lol.

It is getting quiet hard to suspend common sense, I mean he walks right in front of his ex-girlfriend with just a hood over his eyes and a voice changer in his pocket and she doesn't recognise him? :lol:

It's a good show, just a little too "don't question just accept" though for me, I know they've got to push the story along etc. etc. but come on....

the fifth man
November 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
After the end of this last episode, I can't wait to see how Oliver gets out of this predicament. How does he convince people he isn't Arrow?

VampyreWraith
November 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I was thinking that maybe the ex-bodygaurd will help him out. I can't wait to see what happens though. :)

I like the show, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief lol. It was really weird though, when Laurel looked him right into his eyes, but didn't recognize him. Unless she's just pretending not to recognize him; I thought for sure that she would recognize him.

garhkal
November 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Maybe she tweeked already, but is hiding that she knows him cause she fears if she knew, someone might get her to say..

Teddybrown
November 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
So, after episode 3
The bodyguard knows who he really is, he wasnt alone on the island and some other stuff...

Interested to see that John Barrowmans in next weeks episode, seems we may be seeing his character more as we go along...
And I agree, some of the stuff is abit unbelieveable, but I just go with it and enjoy the show...
Going to keep watching for Barrowman and Salmon, but also to see where this show goes...

the fifth man
November 7th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I didn't get to watch tonight's episode live, but can't wait to watch it very shortly. Should be a good one.

jelgate
November 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM
You'll have to wait a week to watch on the Internet. Don't know if CW is doing an encore airing

garhkal
November 7th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Not a bad ep this week.

So hubby is leaving cause he now (rightfully) distrusts mom.
Cop guy has to release our hero cause the first bodyguard, dresses up as the hood and scares some gunrunners, all the while the hero is having a party at home.
Both the hero and his lawyer chick kiss... YAY!

Teddybrown
November 8th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Not a bad ep this week.

So hubby is leaving cause he now (rightfully) distrusts mom.
Cop guy has to release our hero cause the first bodyguard, dresses up as the hood and scares some gunrunners, all the while the hero is having a party at home.
Both the hero and his lawyer chick kiss... YAY!

Err, use spoiler tags please?

garhkal
November 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Sorry..

Teddybrown
November 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Sorry..

Thats fine :)

bookwormjules
November 9th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I love the show. I haven't watched a lot of Smallville, except for a few of the episodes at the end of the series. So I don't have a lot to compare it to, but what I've seen is fantastic. I've loved all the twists and turns, and not knowing who is good, evil or morally grey.

The most recent episode was great, shows Oliver has a lot more depth than I originally gave him credit for. The flash backs to the island, are interesting and the contrast between when he first got there - rich kid who can't do much versus him as the Green Arrow is a great storyline.

My only beef is Lauren's dad, the cop. Just about everything about him bothers me, and is borderline cliché. Otherwise it's great show. It has me wanting to watch Smallville from the beginning, as I'm told, because I like this one so much, I'll enjoy Smallville as well.

SeaBee
November 9th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I wanted to like this show but I'm really struggling to get enthused. It's ok but not something I would make a point of watching.

Naonak
November 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I hope Deathstroke gets a bit more characterisation than 'Silent Torture Guy' when he shows up next.

the fifth man
November 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I hope Deathstroke gets a bit more characterisation than 'Silent Torture Guy' when he shows up next.

Would be nice. Still nice to see him pop up though.

Thus far, my wife and I are loving this show.

maneth
November 11th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I haven't seen this one yet, but hope to do so at some point, so the spoiler tags are much appreciated! One of my favorite actors, Ben Browder (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/arrow-exclusive-farscape-and-stargate-sg-1s-ben-browder-to-play-dc-comics-character-ted-gaynor), is slated to appear on the show later.

bookwormjules
November 11th, 2012, 04:31 AM
I haven't seen this one yet, but hope to do so at some point, so the spoiler tags are much appreciated! One of my favorite actors, Ben Browder (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/arrow-exclusive-farscape-and-stargate-sg-1s-ben-browder-to-play-dc-comics-character-ted-gaynor), is slated to appear on the show later.

Ben Browder? NICE! That will be very interesting to see. Now one more reason to watch the show. Thanks for the info!

the fifth man
November 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Ben Browder on Arrow? Very nice. I wonder if he will play a friend or foe?

I loved Browder on Farscape and Stargate SG-1.

discodiva
November 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM

So thrilled about this for Ben!....I LOVE Arrow.....it's one of my top 5 programmes to watch atm...

Deeds xx

anaesthetic
November 13th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I've enjoyed it thus far, but I'm not sure if it has anything more to do with how good looking Ollie is..

Teddybrown
November 13th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Ben Browder on Arrow? Very nice. I wonder if he will play a friend or foe?

I loved Browder on Farscape and Stargate SG-1.

He was in Doctor Who this season too.
I look forward to seeing who he plays, this shows got a few good guest/main characters (Colin Salmon, John Barrowman, now Ben Browder)

Teddybrown
November 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Interesting episode this week, next weeks should be good, but I know how Oliver getsaway already...
Looking forward to seeing how some of the other plot points develop though (John Barrowmans character and Colin Salmons discovery...)

garhkal
November 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Also, whether the 'friend' really is boinking her or not..

Krisz
November 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Strangely enough I continue to tune into this show despite thinking it didn't really appeal initially. Still haven't really warmed to the lead character, but how he deals with the bad guys on his list, and the mystery of how he got his skills keeps me entertained.

....and Ben Browder appearing at some point, well, glad I've continued to watch now! :)

Ian-S
November 20th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Well at least we know how the writing appeared in the book after Dad's suicide.

VampyreWraith
November 20th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I like Oliver, even if he seems kind of wooden(I think it fits the character). I haven't seen the actor that plays him in anything else, so I don't know if the actor is normally so stiff, or if it's just how he's playing the character(either way, I like it lol).

It's nice to know that Ben Browder will be on this show. I'm looking forward to that. It was also cool seeing John Barrowman.

Sp!der
November 21st, 2012, 06:55 AM
This week is a break I see,.... I kind of miss this show already :D

VampyreWraith
November 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
I really look forward to watching this show, so it sucks that there won't be a new episode tonight. :(

jelgate
November 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Being a ratings person I tend to view TV at a more logical perspective. Its probably a good idea to not show a new episode the day before Thanksgiving. Historically it brings low numbers. Thanksgiving too.

the fifth man
November 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
It did kind of suck not having a new episode last night. We made it though.

jelgate
November 21st, 2012, 09:20 PM
One less week of reruns

Teddybrown
November 24th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Quite a good episode, lots of development, and well played out.
Hope thats not the last we see of Colin Salmons character...

Its nice to see John Barrowman playing a villian.

Sp!der
November 24th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Yeah, this is the only new show of the fall season which I really like to watch. Actually I hoped it would be Revolution, but for now, allthough I like Revolution, I would not cry over it if it would get canceled but with this show however I would be really pissed if it would be canceled but I think it's CWs best new show this fall right ? So it would be safe to assume that it will be renewed in April or May.

jelgate
November 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Nothing is safe. The ratings could suddenly tank in January and be grounds for cancellation. That said currently its chances are good for renewal

bookwormjules
November 24th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I think this one is safe. Even if ratings start slide, they'll give it a second season at least. It airs on CTV in Canada and they did a great job at promoting before it came on and last I heard it's doing great with the ratings here. Unless they do something stupid and change the day it airs - then it should be fine. It's not like it's Fox airing the show.

jelgate
November 24th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Canadian ratings are irrelvent. And yes they could cancel it if the ratings slide enough. Chances are that won't happen but nothing is certain until the Upfront presentations in May.

the fifth man
November 24th, 2012, 08:35 PM
This has definitely become a can't miss show for my wife and I.

Starfist
November 25th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I have this strange feeling that Arrow will only last for this season. But then again...!

Ian-S
November 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hope thats not the last we see of Colin Salmons character...

no it won't, during training/filming for Strictly Come Dancing a few weeks ago, he had to fly back to Vancouver mid-week to film some stuff for Arrow, so he'll be back.

Mrja84
November 26th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I have this strange feeling that Arrow will only last for this season. But then again...!

I really don't care for this show. I do enjoy the action sequence and seeing Oliver evolve from addressing the mistakes of his father and cohorts to everyday crimefighter as the bodyguard pushes him.

It's a subtle thing, but it helps put better perspective of how Oliver uses his persona.

Here's the question, how long is he willing to do this? For the rest of his life? Or just until the job is done? At some point he will see that the men he is taking down are being replaced by others stepping into their shoes.

JadedWraith
November 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I really don't care for this show. I do enjoy the action sequence and seeing Oliver evolve from addressing the mistakes of his father and cohorts to everyday crimefighter as the bodyguard pushes him.

It's a subtle thing, but it helps put better perspective of how Oliver uses his persona.

Here's the question, how long is he willing to do this? For the rest of his life? Or just until the job is done? At some point he will see that the men he is taking down are being replaced by others stepping into their shoes.

I agree. The system doesn't let me green you ( Fight the power...;)).

It's not that's a bad show or badly acted but it misses that indefinable quality that would give it an edge, set it apart from all the other shows I've seen before. From what I 've seen, it uses the old clichés and doesn't seem able to flip them around. Well, it's the first season. Nevertheless, I'm watching it.

Starfist
November 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I freely admit that I've set my Sky+ box to record the series. This is due to the Crazy shift pattern I work.

Naonak
November 26th, 2012, 12:24 PM
From what I 've seen, it uses the old clichés and doesn't seem able to flip them around.
Dunno, I quite like the reverse-Hamlet thing.

the fifth man
November 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM

I truly hope you are wrong in that regard. IMO, this show has already earned a second season.

jelgate
November 27th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I truly hope you are wrong in that regard. IMO, this show has already earned a second season.

Current outlook is good. Arrow is doing great in the ratings...for a CW show anyway. If it was any other channel it would be doing bad

garhkal
November 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
And if it was a Syfy channl series it would already be cancelled!!!:wraithqueen17:

jelgate
November 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
And if it was a Syfy channl series it would already be cancelled!!!:wraithqueen17:

Complete myth.

Sp!der
November 30th, 2012, 04:25 AM
does anyone know how much episodes are left this year ?

JadedWraith
November 30th, 2012, 05:46 AM

According to imdb, there are two more left and three others in 2013 ( so far).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2193021/episodes?year=2012

jelgate
November 30th, 2012, 07:02 AM

When you say year, do you mean the season or until the end of 2012?

If season their are 15 episodes to be aired from now until May.

Thier are 2 episodes left before the Christmas break.

Sp!der
November 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM
When you say year, do you mean the season or until the end of 2012?

If season their are 15 episodes to be aired from now until May.

Thier are 2 episodes left before the Christmas break.

okay, thanks, so no major breaks. That is good.

JadedWraith
November 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
okay, thanks, so no major breaks. That is good.

Besides the seasonal iatus, you mean? ;)

jelgate
November 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Just the standard reruns you would expect from primetime tv

Teddybrown
November 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Finally caught this weeks UK episode, pretty good, nice to see more backstory.
Nest weeks looks good.

bookwormjules
December 1st, 2012, 04:49 AM
This weeks episode was okay, one of the weakest so far, but not horrible. Next weeks episode looks good (well Wednesday's now I guess). I'm guessing this one will be the last before the winter hiatus? I wonder what cliffhanger they'll use?

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
My wife and I can't wait for Wednesday. This show has become a can't-miss for us each week.

Sp!der
December 5th, 2012, 12:06 AM
My wife and I can't wait for Wednesday. This show has become a can't-miss for us each week.

For me as well I wasn't that much of a smallville fan, but I love this show, I think I even like it more than Revolution.

VampyreWraith
December 6th, 2012, 05:48 AM
For me as well I wasn't that much of a smallville fan, but I love this show, I think I even like it more than Revolution.

I'm really enjoying this show as well. It's become one of my favorites. I think the writing for this is better than on Revolution; but I seem to like the characters on there(Revolution) a little better.I'm enjoying both shows so far.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. I think next week is the last ep before the winter hiatus.

Mrja84
December 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
This last couple of episodes....I just didn't quite understand why

Helena doubted Ollie's methods because of meeting his last girlfriend.

Or

Why after Helena got angry, Ollie agreed that Helena wasn't going to change

It just seems like one doesn't lead to the other.

The action in part 2 was much better though.

bookwormjules
December 7th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I'm really enjoying this show as well. It's become one of my favorites. I think the writing for this is better than on Revolution; but I seem to like the characters on there(Revolution) a little better.I'm enjoying both shows so far.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. I think next week is the last ep before the winter hiatus.

It is, but it looks like it will be a short hiatus compared to some of the other shows out there.

Really enjoyed the episode, except for Helena. I am not liking her character so I hope they don't have her on for long. I do want to see some kind of anti-hero Oliver has to fight against, but I don't want it to be her. Her story got boring pretty fast. I was kind of hoping she would have died when she was shot

Some of the side stories from the episode were also pretty good, so looking forward to how the rest of the season will play out.

VampyreWraith
December 7th, 2012, 05:12 AM
It is, but it looks like it will be a short hiatus compared to some of the other shows out there.

Really enjoyed the episode, except for Helena. I am not liking her character so I hope they don't have her on for long. I do want to see some kind of anti-hero Oliver has to fight against, but I don't want it to be her. Her story got boring pretty fast. I was kind of hoping she would have died when she was shot

Some of the side stories from the episode were also pretty good, so looking forward to how the rest of the season will play out.

Yeah, I think it comes back after the holidays are over(mid Jan?). I'm glad it's not too long a break.

For now, I don't mind Helena. I think she's ok as a recurring character as long as she's not used too much. I wouldn't have minded if she'd died when she was shot though.

The parts with the mother's husband(forgot his name) were interesting.

Sp!der
December 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM

Exactly :)

the fifth man
December 8th, 2012, 10:28 PM

I am enjoying Revolution, but yeah, this is better IMO.

Mrja84
December 10th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I am enjoying Revolution, but yeah, this is better IMO.

I would prefer Revolution to this. But to each their own.

I just hope they do a better job of Oliver not telling everyone his secret. Plus I would really like it if he actually had a mask on and not just face paint over his eyes.

When's the next new episode January? Going to be cutting off my cable so I'll be using the wb website to catch the episodes.

garhkal
December 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
True.. i have always wondered why a little face paint (or sliver of leather/cloth) over ones upper face/eye area masks who someone is...

bookwormjules
December 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
True.. i have always wondered why a little face paint (or sliver of leather/cloth) over ones upper face/eye area masks who someone is...

Same here. It's not much of a disguise, any person who is truly close/loves them should be easily able to see past the "disguise".

Sp!der
December 11th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I really enjoyed Vendetta. I like this girl, I arealdy forgot her name, she is cute. This week is the last episode before the holidays right ? I hope we will get a second season.

Naonak
December 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
The Green Lantern movie riffed on that in a scene that seems to have wandered in from a much better film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xfpQcKl5M

bookwormjules
December 14th, 2012, 01:53 AM
The Green Lantern movie riffed on that in a scene that seems to have wandered in from a much better film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xfpQcKl5M

At least the "masks" are better than Superman's disguise..... there was a video on the interwebs a few years ago that made fun of that one.

Starsaber
December 14th, 2012, 06:00 AM
At least the "masks" are better than Superman's disguise..... there was a video on the interwebs a few years ago that made fun of that one.

Smallville kind of addressed that toward the end of Season 10. In that version of Superman, they set it up that it was as much the difference in personalities as the glasses that made a difference.

Mrja84
December 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Smallville kind of addressed that toward the end of Season 10. In that version of Superman, they set it up that it was as much the difference in personalities as the glasses that made a difference.

Yeah, but it was a one-off episode and the rest of the time, he stopped acting differently between his Kent ans Superman persona.

the fifth man
December 15th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I can't wait for this to come back in January. I really hope this show gets renewed for a second season. IMO, it has so much potential.

Teddybrown
December 16th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Bah, went downstairs to watch this on my box this morning and someones deleted a few episodes!

garhkal
December 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I thought of another mistake.
Why is it that our hero had NOT thought to research all the archers in/around that city, to see who would be a threat to him? Whether as his own persona or his 'hood' persona?

Mrja84
December 17th, 2012, 04:45 AM
I thought of another mistake.
Why is it that our hero had NOT thought to research all the archers in/around that city, to see who would be a threat to him? Whether as his own persona or his 'hood' persona?

Escalation...heroes never seem to consider who will rise up in response to their activities. They just consider what the standard obstacles are.

the fifth man
December 17th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Bah, went downstairs to watch this on my box this morning and someones deleted a few episodes!

Well that just sucks.

Pandora's_Box
December 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I really enjoyed Vendetta. I like this girl, I arealdy forgot her name, she is cute. This week is the last episode before the holidays right ? I hope we will get a second season.

Felicity Smoak? Because if it's not Felicity Smoak, it should be Felicity Smoak.

Felicity Smoak is my reason for watching this show.

jelgate
December 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a lame reason to watch a TV show.

:P

Pandora's_Box
December 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Stephen Amell's body is my other one. :p

jelgate
December 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Stephen Amell's body is my other one. :p

The more things change the more they stay the same

:P

Starfist
December 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
Well good things come to those who wait.
It looks like we've got a couple of weeks to wait here in the UK as well.

jelgate
December 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
CW airs their shows differntly than the other primetime networks. It purposely divides it TV programming into thirds with reruns in between. This is different than other networks as they are a little more random in one week might have another episode and the next is a rerun

Starfist
December 22nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Arrow is shown on Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD here in the UK.

jelgate
December 22nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
That largely doesn't matter as generally British channels have the tendency to air a US show a day or two after it airs in the US

Starfist
December 22nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
That largely doesn't matter as generally British channels have the tendency to air a US show a day or two after it airs in the US

Not in all cases. It all depends on the broadcaster. It may be true in Sky's case. But not with the BBC or ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5.

I have to admit I've got the last 2 episodes that were aired on Sky 1 to watch. As I have the show on series link.

jelgate
December 22nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
I said generally acknowledging theit are exceptions

the fifth man
January 10th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I can't wait for this to come back with new episodes.

Starfist
January 11th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Well the season starts again on the 21st January here in the UK. Being shown on Sky 1.

Sp!der
January 16th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah, this week there are new episodes right ? :)

Starfist
January 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I'm looking forward to the new episodes .

VampyreWraith
January 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I liked last night's episode. I'm glad the show is back with new eps. :)

Sp!der
January 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I liked last night's episode. I'm glad the show is back with new eps. :)

me as well, it was much better than the last two episodes and with next week a old SG1 alumn comes to the show I guess as a villain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlY-d00CPg

garhkal
January 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Well, this weeks ep was not bad.. Loved that our hero was having such doubts about himself, he could not do his 'arrow through a bouncing ball' thing.. and that it was his comrade in arms who managed to snap him out of it.
Also loved how coniving Laura's dad was.

the fifth man
January 21st, 2013, 06:49 PM
It was great to have this show back. It has become can't miss television for my wife and I.

Starfist
January 21st, 2013, 10:22 PM
I now have the series on series link onmy Sky+ Box. So It records automatically.

Teddybrown
January 22nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/22/arrow-alex-kingston/
Alex Kingston will guest star in this as Laurels mum, another reason to watch this for me.

JadedWraith
January 23rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/22/arrow-alex-kingston/
Alex Kingston will guest star in this as Laurels mum, another reason to watch this for me.

Yay! I'd like to see that as well.:)

Sp!der
January 24th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I liked the new episode alot, I am always looking forward to new episodes, any words on how the ratings are ? but I think a second season is pretty safe ?

garhkal
January 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Wow.. Mom is thought to be 'sleeping with' the enemy (when she is thematicly in bed with him).
The heists were a little pushed though.. I mean if i am in that big security truck, i would have tried to rundown that guy standing there.. not just breaked so i could get 'boxed' in.

Ian-S
January 29th, 2013, 12:48 AM
^^ haha first thing I said when I saw that.

Sp!der
February 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/11/the-cw-renews-arrow-for-season-2-the-vampire-diaries-for-season-5-and-supernatural-for-season-9

ARROW RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON !!!!! :D

discodiva
February 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

*happy* :D :D

jelgate
February 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Not really a big surprise. Its CW's highest rated show

VampyreWraith
February 11th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yay, I'm really glad it was renewed. :)

the fifth man
February 11th, 2013, 05:42 PM
This show deserves a second season. I am glad it will be coming back. I can't wait to tell my wife tomorrow.

LtColCarter
February 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Well, this is good news! :-)

JadedWraith
February 14th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Oh, Squeee! Manu Bennett again ( sorry, fangirl moment!)
I enjoy the quotes they use in the episodes.
This week's was a Homer one...

Of all creatures that walk the Earth, nothing is bred (???) that is weaker than Man

LtColCarter
February 16th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Enjoyed this week's episode...but I wonder how his own mother didn't recognize him. His disguise doesn't exactly mask his face that well.

JadedWraith
February 16th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Enjoyed this week's episode...but I wonder how his own mother didn't recognize him. His disguise doesn't exactly mask his face that well.
Plot device and the eternal " we only see what we want to see..." His mother is a " tough cookie", though.

LtColCarter
February 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Plot device and the eternal " we only see what we want to see..." His mother is a " tough cookie", though.

True...I guess that's what my complaint about certain superheros is. I mean...Superman, Wonder Woman, etc (the ones who don't wear masks)...how do people not know their true identities?

But I'm still enjoying the show, and I'm very pleased that I have the second season to look forward to.

JadedWraith
February 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
True...I guess that's what my complaint about certain superheros is. I mean...Superman, Wonder Woman, etc (the ones who don't wear masks)...how do people not know their true identities?

But I'm still enjoying the show, and I'm very pleased that I have the second season to look forward to.

I am as well. And I love to watch Manu Bennett ( Go Azog!!!!).

Sp!der
February 19th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Arrow has become my favorite new show this fall which isn't difficult because the others are mostly utterly crap although I'm one of the few who enjoys Revolution as well..anyways... I'm beginning to like the characters more now even Oliver. My favorite characters are diggle, Walter and felicity.
I liked David anders guest star last time.

JadedWraith
February 19th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Arrow has become my favorite new show this fall which isn't difficult because the others are mostly utterly crap although I'm one of the few who enjoys Revolution as well..anyways... I'm beginning to like the characters more now even Oliver. My favorite characters are diggle, Walter and felicity.
I liked David anders guest star last time.

David Anders is always a treat!:)

the fifth man
February 20th, 2013, 10:23 AM
This show continues to get better and better IMO and that of my wife. It is a can't miss each week for us. If this hadn't been renewed for a second season, we would have been so upset. Thank you CW.

LtColCarter
February 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM
This show continues to get better and better IMO and that of my wife. It is a can't miss each week for us. If this hadn't been renewed for a second season, we would have been so upset. Thank you CW.

We are the fifth man...resistance is futile! ;-)

Krisz
February 21st, 2013, 07:29 PM

LOL!

I've continued to watch this show. I suppose I waited to see if I would continue to dislike Oliver. However, even though I don't really like him it's more because of the way he comes across in the portrayal. He's cold and distant, but interestingly so because of his experiences and how he views his mission to bring justice.

It's not one of my favourite shows, but it has enough going on and well acted to bring me back every week. Who knows, by the end of the second season I will be wanting a third season.:)

VampyreWraith
February 22nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
This show has become one of my favorites, I really look forward to watching it every week. :)

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Wow, we have our own section now. Very nice!:)

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM

You got that right.:D

garhkal
February 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Wow, we have our own section now. Very nice!:)

Yup.. No longer do i have to troll through the 'general' area to find the Arrow discussion.

Teddybrown
February 24th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Ooo, a new subforum for this, need to get back into this show, not watched as I missed one of the earlier episodes and dont want to continue watching till Ive seen it.
Got a nice collection growing now on by box...

mr_kennedy
February 26th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Might be a long shot but any australian fans out there? i was wondering when this show is actually gonna air here, wiki says Feb 2013 on NBN but it isnt listed on there schedule

the fifth man
February 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM
The wife and I can't wait for tonight's new episode.:)

VampyreWraith
February 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode, I might have to wait for tomorrow to watch it though:( I'm babysitting my 1 yr old niece and I highly doubt that she'll be asleep in time for me to watch it.

LtColCarter
February 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Another excellent episode of Arrow last night! :D

the fifth man
March 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Another excellent episode of Arrow last night! :D

This really has been a great first season thus far.

JadedWraith
March 6th, 2013, 01:58 AM
This really has been a great first season thus far.

Yeah, but they have so much balls floating in air, so many story lines, I wonder how are they going to wrap it up?

LtColCarter
March 6th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah, but they have so much balls floating in air, so many story lines, I wonder how are they going to wrap it up?

Kinky...ohhh...eerrrr...yeah they do have a lot of lose ends. Hopefully, they'll start tying some of them off as we get closer to the 1st season's end.

the fifth man
March 12th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Kinky...ohhh...eerrrr...yeah they do have a lot of lose ends. Hopefully, they'll start tying some of them off as we get closer to the 1st season's end.

I really can't wait to see how they wrap up this first season.

LtColCarter
March 18th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I really can't wait to see how they wrap up this first season.

I know...it should be good...

Anyone know if Arrow has been picked up for a 2nd season?

JadedWraith
March 18th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I know...it should be good...

Anyone know if Arrow has been picked up for a 2nd season?

Sp!der posted this a few pages back

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/11/the-cw-renews-arrow-for-season-2-the-vampire-diaries-for-season-5-and-supernatural-for-season-9

LtColCarter
March 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Sp!der posted this a few pages back

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/11/the-cw-renews-arrow-for-season-2-the-vampire-diaries-for-season-5-and-supernatural-for-season-9

Thanks for the good news! :D

the fifth man
March 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the good news! :D

If they keep telling great stories like we have seen thus far in Season 1, this show could be around to entertain us for quite some time to come.:)

LtColCarter
March 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
If they keep telling great stories like we have seen thus far in Season 1, this show could be around to entertain us for quite some time to come.:)

:indeed:

the fifth man
April 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I can't wait for the next new episode.

LtColCarter
April 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I can't wait for the next new episode.

I know...I'm having AWS (Arrow Withdraw Syndrome) ;)

jelgate
April 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Makes me wonder what you will do in the summer?

Sp!der
April 24th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Makes me wonder what you will do in the summer?

Rewatch Season One ? :D

FanGirl
May 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Okay...who wants to talk about tonight's ep?

*waves hands*

FanGirl
May 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I didn't know there was a thread for Arrow. Now I have someone besides lg to talk to about it.

TheRandomOne
May 16th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Arrow Season 1 Epic Action Montage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdojjxjO3oo …

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Uggg...I got so behind on my shows this week. I'll be catching up on Arrow tonight! Who knew that working on a doctorate would be so time consuming! ;)

the fifth man
May 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
What an amazing first season IMO. My wife and I are so hooked on this show. Season 2 is quite a ways off, but it can't come soon enough.

LtColCarter
May 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Well, I enjoyed the first season of Arrow. I'm looking forward to the second season! :D

the fifth man
May 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Well, I enjoyed the first season of Arrow. I'm looking forward to the second season! :D

So much got wrapped up in the finale. Season 2 should be something quite different.

RamonaThePest
May 23rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about Arrow. Are you guys discussing the episodes in a hidden thread somewhere :) ? Can someone provide me a link?

LtColCarter
May 23rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about Arrow. Are you guys discussing the episodes in a hidden thread somewhere :) ? Can someone provide me a link?

I agree...we have a whole folder for Arrow...yet...there is very little discussion :(

RamonaThePest
May 23rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
I notice that the posts I see here don't delve into details, character motivation, etc. Is that a consensus of how everyone wants to keep it? I've been visiting Gayeworld for 9 years but have stayed mostly in the Sam/Jack Stargate forums where we discuss every little detail, literally, until there's nothing left. Then newbies join and we discuss it all again.

LtColCarter
May 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
I notice that the posts I see here don't delve into details, character motivation, etc. Is that a consensus of how everyone wants to keep it? I've been visiting Gayeworld for 9 years but have stayed mostly in the Sam/Jack Stargate forums where we discuss every little detail, literally, until there's nothing left. Then newbies join and we discuss it all again.

Never got into the ship stuff...but I do enjoy the detailed conversations. So...start one! Throw down some details...and we'll talk! :D

FanGirl
May 23rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
I agree...we have a whole folder for Arrow...yet...there is very little discussion :(

My peeves about the show are that Oliver gets hurt nearly every week and in the first ep, he killed someone because "no one can know my secret" yet there's now at least five people who know that he DIDN'T kill. (It doesn't count if they're dead for other reasons. :lol:)

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Arrow/arrowalone_zpsd88271ed.jpg (http://s577.photobucket.com/user/theicemenace/media/Arrow/arrowalone_zpsd88271ed.jpg.html)

RamonaThePest
May 24th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Wow! Now I really need to start the show from the beginning. I idn't tune in until episode 13 because one of my favorite actors joined the show. Immediately, in the following weeks, Arrow's secret identity was discovered every single week by somebody. I didn't know that he killed someone just for knowing about him in the first episode!

The funny thing is, I love all the characters from the island, including naive Ollie, but dislike all of the current day characters (except Diggle). I find Ollie to have grown a bit since his pre-island days but he's got a lot more growing to do. His preoccupation with Laurel to the point of leaving Diggle to fend or himself against the guy who killed Diggs' brother (forgot his name) when Laurel was not in immediate danger just had me shaking my head. Although, I guess I'm glad he's not Mr. Perfect as it gives the character multi-facets to examine.

I just cannot stand little sister AND her boyfriend with the uber arched eyebrows. Felicity, I want to love. I love her lines that are supposed to appear to be slip of the tongue of her fangirling Ollie but the actress always delivers them like "I'm acting. Here is my supposed slip of the tongue." It doesn't come off as a true accidental Fruedian slip but feels forced. Maybe once I catch up on the previous episodes, I'll feel different about everyone.

Does any of the above strike a chord with anyone else? Tell me why you do like them so maybe I can get a different view of them ll. I'm tired of spending each epiode only waiting for scenes with Slade, Shado and Yao Fei.

Oh yeah. I don't like Tommy but love his dad, Malcolm, in that "characters you love to hate" kind of way.

LtColCarter
May 24th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Hmmmm...well....Thea (Willa Holland) hasn't been a central character. At time, she is a moral compass for Oliver, and at times she is gets herself in trouble. She seems to ok in my book. Now, Roy (Colton Haynes)...who doesn't have arched eyebrows btw...I didn't like the character at first. But he's taken a turn and has an obsession with Oliver. Why don't you like the characters?

As for Felicity, I don't get the same impression that you get of her. She would probably do anything for Oliver...and she may be fangirling a little, but its part of her charm. I guess if you see her from when she was introduced...then her personality is a little more understandable.

I also understand why Tommy acted the way he did, but he's acts like a typical whining rich kid. As for Malcolm...no...I don't like him. Especially since he's ruined my image of one of my favorite Torchwood characters.

FanGirl
May 24th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Wow! Now I really need to start the show from the beginning. I idn't tune in until episode 13 because one of my favorite actors joined the show. Immediately, in the following weeks, Arrow's secret identity was discovered every single week by somebody. I didn't know that he killed someone just for knowing about him in the first episode!

The funny thing is, I love all the characters from the island, including naive Ollie, but dislike all of the current day characters (except Diggle). I find Ollie to have grown a bit since his pre-island days but he's got a lot more growing to do. His preoccupation with Laurel to the point of leaving Diggle to fend or himself against the guy who killed Diggs' brother (forgot his name) when Laurel was not in immediate danger just had me shaking my head. Although, I guess I'm glad he's not Mr. Perfect as it gives the character multi-facets to examine.

I just cannot stand little sister AND her boyfriend with the uber arched eyebrows. Felicity, I want to love. I love her lines that are supposed to appear to be slip of the tongue of her fangirling Ollie but the actress always delivers them like "I'm acting. Here is my supposed slip of the tongue." It doesn't come off as a true accidental Fruedian slip but feels forced. Maybe once I catch up on the previous episodes, I'll feel different about everyone.

Does any of the above strike a chord with anyone else? Tell me why you do like them so maybe I can get a different view of them ll. I'm tired of spending each epiode only waiting for scenes with Slade, Shado and Yao Fei.

Oh yeah. I don't like Tommy but love his dad, Malcolm, in that "characters you love to hate" kind of way.

Hmmmm...well....Thea (Willa Holland) hasn't been a central character. At time, she is a moral compass for Oliver, and at times she is gets herself in trouble. She seems to ok in my book. Now, Roy (Colton Haynes)...who doesn't have arched eyebrows btw...I didn't like the character at first. But he's taken a turn and has an obsession with Oliver. Why don't you like the characters?

As for Felicity, I don't get the same impression that you get of her. She would probably do anything for Oliver...and she may be fangirling a little, but its part of her charm. I guess if you see her from when she was introduced...then her personality is a little more understandable.

I also understand why Tommy acted the way he did, but he's acts like a typical whining rich kid. As for Malcolm...no...I don't like him. Especially since he's ruined my image of one of my favorite Torchwood characters.

I didn't like Thea at first, but she's grown a little since Oliver returned. Yes, Oliver has more growing up to do as well. Maybe they can do it together. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-excited001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Tommy...in the last ep, he and Oliver did come to an understanding. Malcolm, I can understand why he did what he did. And yes, Malcolm is very different from Capt Jack. Which is Mal's appeal to me. I've never seen John B in a "bad guy" part so it was a refreshing change. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) And I really liked that Mal was the black archer and his skills were better than Oliver's.

Walter? Kinda glad he's gone. Not sure why. Moira...how she could've gotten involved in The Undertaking is beyound me.

The people on the island... *sniff, sniff* I smell the lingering scent of "Lost"...

Felicity...I actually like her. She's fangirling over Oliver and her slips do sometimes sound like they're calculated, but I also like that she's still there even after she told Oliver and Diggle that she was only there for a specific reason then she'd be gone.

Roy... I like that Thea has fallen for the guy (and visa versa) who mugged her. With someone like that to ground her, she'll mature faster for knowing how the other half lives. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

That's it for now.

LtColCarter
May 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
How is it possible for someone in their 40s (John B's) to have a child Tommy's age?

RamonaThePest
May 24th, 2013, 01:18 PM

I don't know why I don't like them. Just like Grey's Anatomy - I stopped watching because I just never liked the characters. But in the case of Arrow, since I love comic book heroes and since I'll be watching for Manu Bennett's scenes, I'm going to watch the first episodes that I missed and see if that makes a difference.

As to Roy's eyebrows, they're not arched in the majority of his pics on the web or on imdb, but on the show they are definitely cleaned up. Cosmetologist/makeup artist in me can't help but spot it. (Although, I haven't done that type of work in 30 years.)

And I have no problem with Felicity fangirling Ollie. I said it was the way the actress delivered the slip ups of her crush that seemed forced instead of like a genuine slip of the lip. I always root for this type of character to get the hero. Betty and Veronica - I rooted for Betty - the underdog.

I didn't like Thea at first, but she's grown a little since Oliver returned. Yes, Oliver has more growing up to do as well. Maybe they can do it together. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-excited001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Tommy...in the last ep, he and Oliver did come to an understanding. Malcolm, I can understand why he did what he did. And yes, Malcolm is very different from Capt Jack. Which is Mal's appeal to me. I've never seen John B in a "bad guy" part so it was a refreshing change. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) And I really liked that Mal was the black archer and his skills were better than Oliver's.

Walter? Kinda glad he's gone. Not sure why. Moira...how she could've gotten involved in The Undertaking is beyound me.

The people on the island... *sniff, sniff* I smell the lingering scent of "Lost"...

Felicity...I actually like her. She's fangirling over Oliver and her slips do sometimes sound like they're calculated, but I also like that she's still there even after she told Oliver and Diggle that she was only there for a specific reason then she'd be gone.

Roy... I like that Thea has fallen for the guy (and visa versa) who mugged her. With someone like that to ground her, she'll mature faster for knowing how the other half lives. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

That's it for now.

As to Walter and Moira, you must not have seen the last few eps? I won't say any more on that then.

I like the lines as written for Felicity and I think she has the right look for the role. Just something's not clicking. I hope with time it will.

How is it possible for someone in their 40s (John B's) to have a child Tommy's age?

Aren't Tommy and Ollie both about 25? So Malcolm could have had Tommy anywhere from 18 to 22 or thereabouts?

scifan
May 25th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Watched the whole season this week and I really enjoyed it. The series obviously doesn't follow the comic books, but neither did Smallville and that lasted 10 years. :)
John Borrowman did great as the Dark Archer and I hope we get to see Laurel become Black Canary. :D

Here is an art I did for a challenge. Hope no one minds me sharing.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z259/luvjandt/GW%20Clubhouse%20Art%20Challenges/ArtWork%20for%20All%20thread%20challenges/Scifan-AFAweek73-Arrow_zps344ecb64.jpg (http://s194.photobucket.com/user/luvjandt/media/GW%20Clubhouse%20Art%20Challenges/ArtWork%20for%20All%20thread%20challenges/Scifan-AFAweek73-Arrow_zps344ecb64.jpg.html)

RamonaThePest
May 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can watch online from the beginning? I see CW has ome full epiodes, but not all of them (unless I just haven't found the right page on their web site.

FanGirl
May 25th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Collin Donell (Tommy) - No age given on IMDB.

John Barrowman (Malcolm) - 3/11/67 Yeah. A little young to have a 32 y/o son though I think the characters of Tommy and Oliver are much younger than that.

Steve Amell (Oliver) - 5/18/81

RamonaThePest
May 26th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Well, I would go by the characters' ages, not the actors. I thought the show said Ollie is 25, and assuming he and Tommy are schoolyard chums, I would assume Tommy to be the same, or close. But, I've been thinking the actor who plays Tommy does look mid-30's to me.

FanGirl
May 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Well, I would go by the characters' ages, not the actors. I thought the show said Ollie is 25, and assuming he and Tommy are schoolyard chums, I would assume Tommy to be the same, or close. But, I've been thinking the actor who plays Tommy does look mid-30's to me.

They haven't said, so I'm assuming that Mal is older than what the actor's age is, at least by a couple of years. So let's say Mal is closer to 50 with Tommy and Oliver about 25 or 26. That make more sense than Mal only being about 12 years older than either of the guys.

FanGirl
June 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM
Saw the pilot all the way through the other day. I would've done things just a little differently, but it was good.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

LtColCarter
June 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM
Saw the pilot all the way through the other day. I would've done things just a little differently, but it was good.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

So share...what would you have done differently? ;)

the fifth man
June 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
So share...what would you have done differently? ;)

I am curious as well.

FanGirl
June 4th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Differently... Start with the killing of the man "No one can know my secret." That's my big WTF. He does that then has all these people who know he's The Hood.

As for the rest of the season, I would've added more touches of the "skills" Thea displayed in the last ep. It looks like TPTB might be gearing up to get her a hood of her own.

LtColCarter
June 5th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Differently... Start with the killing of the man "No one can know my secret." That's my big WTF. He does that then has all these people who know he's The Hood.

As for the rest of the season, I would've added more touches of the "skills" Thea displayed in the last ep. It looks like TPTB might be gearing up to get her a hood of her own.

You have to look at the situation each individual discovered that he was the Hood. Its only four people (by my count)...and now that Tommy is dead...only three people.

the fifth man
June 5th, 2013, 09:03 AM
People were bound to find out eventually. They just moved things along a little faster than I thought they would.

LtColCarter
June 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
People were bound to find out eventually. They just moved things along a little faster than I thought they would.

True...and I honestly don't think THAT many people know. Two of Oliver's confidants and closest allies know and the Dark Archer (or whatever his name is). His best friend knew...but Tommy isn't a concern any more. :(

the fifth man
June 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Now if too many people find out next season, that is a problem.

LtColCarter
June 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Now if too many people find out next season, that is a problem.

Yes, I can see this as an issue.

Looney
June 18th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Just started watching this. First three episodes are up on HuluPlus again. I really enjoy it, but certain aspects are really going to annoy me if they continue to focus on them, ie the sister stuff, the relationship stuff, the rich party boy stuff. :P I really like the cast and I enjoyed how the first episode went dark with the morality issues, like murdering someone just to protect a secret. I hope they keep bring questions like that up throughout the drama of the show. So three episodes in I am hooked and I hope it only gets better. BTW. I have read none of the posts in this thread because I HOPE it is going to get even better and I don't want to read that it doesn't. :rolleyes:

jelgate
June 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Just started watching this. First three episodes are up on HuluPlus again. I really enjoy it, but certain aspects are really going to annoy me if they continue to focus on them, ie the sister stuff, the relationship stuff, the rich party boy stuff. :P I really like the cast and I enjoyed how the first episode went dark with the morality issues, like murdering someone just to protect a secret. I hope they keep bring questions like that up throughout the drama of the show. So three episodes in I am hooked and I hope it only gets better. BTW. I have read none of the posts in this thread because I HOPE it is going to get even better and I don't want to read that it doesn't. :rolleyes:

I was taught not to lie so I can't say that

garhkal
June 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Yes, I can see this as an issue.

How long do you think it will be before Laural, Mom or sister find out?

LtColCarter
June 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM
How long do you think it will be before Laural, Mom or sister find out?

I honestly think that if they do find it it will be Thea, Laurel, and Mom. Just because Thea is a bit more nosey and there is the Roy (Colton Haynes) factor there too.

garhkal
June 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Makes me wonder how much of a kipshin fit that Thea would have if/when she does find out.

Looney
June 25th, 2013, 09:30 PM
So as I said before I have been watching the episodes through HuluPlus. Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation as to why they would skip episode 4? They were putting them up in order and now they have skipped 4 and jumped to episode 5. Is there some issue with episode 4 that anyone knows of?

Brother Freyr
June 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
no good reason, Looney

Looney
June 26th, 2013, 04:21 PM
That is what I hate about online licensing. The whole show should have been up since the day after each episode aired. Then I wouldn't have had to wait for this rerun licensing to show up and be screwed up.

garhkal
July 4th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Maybe the execs at the TV stuido did not send the 'disk' to the online retailer for it to be viewed on line?
And why should everything HAVE an online presence?

Looney
July 5th, 2013, 05:15 AM
And why should everything HAVE an online presence?

Are you asking why I said the whole show should have been on the internet since the day each episode aired? I didn't mean they should have to put it on the internet. I only meant if they were going to it shouldn't have a limited window. I missed the premier of the show by a couple of weeks and went searching for it online. I thought I was lucky when I found it, but they had already taken the first few episodes off the internet. I would have had to start watching the show from episode 3 or 4 on, I don't recall which. I have been waiting for them to re-post the shows from the beginning after the season ended. A few weeks ago, I thought I was lucky to find that they did, but now they have skipped an episode. My guess is they are just trying to get people who want to see the whole season to buy the DVD when it comes out.

Posting the show for brief periods doesn't even make sense to me, other than there are greedy execs trying to gouge the online content provider. If this were the case then the provider would say limit the per episode run. Thinking about it, doesn't it seem logical that a season one show should want every episode available until a certain pre-DVD release window? If they are going to put it on the internet, shouldn't they want the most exposure they can get for their show until, say, a month before it comes out on DVD?

But it is a moot point. I am just going to take Brother Freyr's advice.

mr_kennedy
July 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/10/summer-glau-joins-arrow-season-2-in-new-recurring-role

Interesting

Brother Freyr
July 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/10/summer-glau-joins-arrow-season-2-in-new-recurring-role
Will Arrow survive the Summer Glau curse? Hope so. Such bad luck for her shows.

mr_kennedy
July 11th, 2013, 12:03 AM

We'll she was in Chuck & The Big Bang Theory and they survived her appearance, granted she was only in those shows for 1 episode

Gen. Chris
July 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM

I was worried about the same thing the second I heard.

We'll she was in Chuck & The Big Bang Theory and they survived her appearance, granted she was only in those shows for 1 episode

It has to be a recurring role or starring one in order for the curse to take effect.

Looney
July 12th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Just finished episodes 5 & 6. It was tough having to skip 4 and only read about it in summaries, but not too bad. I can't say I really loved much about these two episodes. It was cool to see Diggle get in on the action. I really like his character. I really like Steele (Colin Salmon), but as he is just listed as a guest star all the time I feel his time on the show may be coming to an end by the season finale . . . DON'T TELL ME. I like seeing Currie Graham having guest spot.

I have to be honest, I am starting to slightly lose interest. I am really getting bored with the relationship stuff on every level. I am starting to dread every time Laurel, Tommy, Moira, or Thea show up on camera. And really, their interaction with Oliver is making me turn on him as well. I mean even I am getting sick of seeing him go from spoiled party boy to brooding damaged goods when he talks to them. Anyway, I am not giving up on the show. I just haven't liked the past few episodes as much as the first two. Being forced to skip episode 4 might be influencing my opinion as well.

garhkal
July 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I was worried about the same thing the second I heard.

It has to be a recurring role or starring one in order for the curse to take effect.

In that case, i hope they rethink their using her for a re-occuring role..

Gen. Chris
July 17th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Lol.

The sad thing is, none of it is ever her fault cause she herself doesn't kill the show. It's just one big coincidence.

mr_kennedy
July 20th, 2013, 07:37 AM
So rather than creating a thread for it, i'm going to ask in here, if Arrow survives the Summer Glau curse :o (i hope it does) , who do you see being a major villain for the show? i think Amanda Waller would be a good choice

I know she was in SV but that doesnt seem to matter to this show as its already recast Oliver Queen, I think CCH Pounder (mrs Friedrick from warehouse 13) would be a good choice to play her as she has already voiced the character in justice league

Teddybrown
July 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl8cmfXEOo&feature=player_embedded

Season 2 Comic Con trailer.

Still really behind on this after my Virgin box missed episode 7 or 8 on its recording...

AtlantisRules!!!
July 21st, 2013, 09:58 AM
I wanna know who that woman is! But I'm not up on my superhero mythology enough to even guess... :/

garhkal
July 22nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Well, on another site, they mentioned at a convention, that Michael Jai White (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925220/?ref_=sr_1) is joining the cast as a baddie

Looney
July 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Michael Jai White is awesome. Definitely underrated in my opinion. He should be in a lot more.

garhkal
July 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Should have.. Just like Jason scott lee (the guy who played Bruce lee, in the film Dragon)..

Looney
July 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Should have.. Just like Jason scott lee (the guy who played Bruce lee, in the film Dragon)..

Oh yeah, I like him too. Wow! I can't remember the last thing I saw him in.

Looney
July 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I am starting to get the feeling they are not going to continue to put episodes up on Hulu. Six has been up for awhile and still no Seven, Eight, Nine, or Ten.

garhkal
July 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, I like him too. Wow! I can't remember the last thing I saw him in.

He had several episodes on screen for the new hawaii 50 show, and was in several films since..

2008 Dance of the Dragon
2007 Balls of Fury
2006 Only the Brave
2005 The Prophecy: Forsaken (video)
2005 Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (video)
2005 Nomad: The Warrior
2005 Dracula III: Legacy (video)
2003 Timecop: The Berlin Decision (video)
2003 Dracula II: Ascension (video)
2002 Lilo & Stitch
2000 Arabian Nights (TV movie)
1998/I Soldier
1998 Tale of the Mummy
1997 Murder in Mind
1997 The Hunger (TV series)
1994 The Jungle Book
1994 Picture Bride
1994 Rapa Nui
1993 Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

And after looking over his IMDB page i notice he was also an uncredited actor in Back to the Future 2...

Looney
July 28th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I was watching Back To The Future 2 last year and I remember seeing him. I'm glad he has been working on Hawaii 5.0. I watched the pilot of that show when it aired and did not like it, so I've never watched it again. Now that you mention it I do remember seeing him in Balls of Fury. The only other movies of his I've seen are Rapa Nui, The Prophecy: Foresaken, and Soldier.

garhkal
July 28th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I loved soldier, and would have liked them to make a sequal to it.

Teddybrown
July 30th, 2013, 11:41 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/the-flash-heads-to-tv-arrow-23466.htm
The Flash to be introduced on Arrow then move to its own series

mr_kennedy
July 31st, 2013, 01:34 AM
^ i was going to post it today but forgot...... will be interesting to see

Naonak
July 31st, 2013, 01:52 PM
Do not want.

garhkal
August 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Me want!!!!!

Looney
August 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Well, they stopped putting episodes up on Hulu, so I guess I am kinda done with this show. Maybe I'll get lucky and a friend will buy it when it comes out on DVD and I can borrow it. I hate to wait because I was hoping to start with season two after each episode aired. It's a shame. I was really getting into it, but there are plenty of other shows out there that don't mess around with skipping episodes and only putting episodes up briefly.

Sp!der
August 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I watched the first episode last night again and it was kind of awesome! the later episodes near the end are much better but still... it was a decent pilot! I have high hopes for The CW Network in the next years....the shows except for Star-Crossed are looking quite good!

AtlantisRules!!!
August 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2013/08/teryl-rothery-to-guest-on-arrow/
Teryl Rothery (aka Dr. Janet Fraiser) to guest star for a 3-4 episode arc.

garhkal
August 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Woa... so frasier is making an appearance.

mr_kennedy
August 8th, 2013, 04:27 PM
The more i hear about season 2 the more i am looking forward to it :D

moy
August 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Well... I just loved the first season, it had it's mistakes, but it was a long time ago I didn't look forward to the next episode each week as much as for Arrow. Characters, plot, ambience, everything was excellent for a series.

And season 2 seems promising, I just wonder how they'll introduce Flash, since they didn't want any superpower in Arrow... or maybe this will change?

Ian-S
August 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM
He probably won't have super powers in Arrow, maybe the first episode of Flash will be set right after the Arrow one and tie up the storyline crossover arc kind of way while also giving him his super powers.

garhkal
August 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Any idea how they might go about giving the 'flash his powers'??

garhkal
August 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
CRAPPP!!!P!P!P!P.. Just looked at the fall schedule of when stuff starts back up and when Revolution kicks back off, we will have 2 weeks of it before i am having to decide whether i want to watch that OR arrow. Why the hell did they have to shift it from wednesday!!:eek:

Teddybrown
August 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
http://uk.eonline.com/news/451292/arrow-scoop-homeland-big-bad-cast-as-oliver-s-new-foe?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories
Season 2 villain cast.

I really need to catch up with this series, know what happens, but haven't watched it!

the fifth man
August 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I can't wait for Season 2 to get underway. I am sure the show-runners have some amazing things in store for us.

RamonaThePest
August 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I hear they're introducing a new villain next season but I'd rather see more of the characters on the island - either thru flashbacks still on the island or bring them into the current day action.

mr_kennedy
August 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Seems as though Barrowmen will be in Season 2 from all the news reports

Brother Freyr
August 27th, 2013, 09:25 PM
CRAPPP!!!P!P!P!P.. Just looked at the fall schedule of when stuff starts back up and when Revolution kicks back off, we will have 2 weeks of it before i am having to decide whether i want to watch that OR arrow. Why the hell did they have to shift it from wednesday!!:eek:Beg, borrow, or steal a DVR. (or skip Revolution :) )

mr_kennedy
August 28th, 2013, 12:48 AM
CRAPPP!!!P!P!P!P.. Just looked at the fall schedule of when stuff starts back up and when Revolution kicks back off, we will have 2 weeks of it before i am having to decide whether i want to watch that OR arrow. Why the hell did they have to shift it from wednesday!!:eek:

I Watch both shows aswell however Arrow is a better show then Revolution..... watch Revolution on dvd

garhkal
August 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Well its the same with the agents of shield show and ncis.

Sp!der
August 31st, 2013, 09:58 AM
For my German fellows, Arrow airs on September, 16th! I hope it will be quite successfull over here! I can't wait for season two!

FanGirl
September 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
The US start of the new season: 9 October.