This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten the name of a scifi novel

A few years ago I read a novel but I cant remember the name of the novel. It was a new novel base on a new universe and was set up to be series of novels.

Basic synopsis is that Earth fought a war with an alien race and lost, as a desperate act to save the human species it use the last of it resources to hide a fleet of colonists ships leaving the Earth solar system heading out deep into the galaxy where they could build a new colony and rebuild.

Something went wrong, there was a coup d'etat and conservatives amongst the colonists take over the colony and to isolate themselves and hide forever instead of preparing for the next war.

A human who mind was transferred to a android was hidden away, several hundred years later it awake to find that a church as ban all advance technology and controls the population, they have reduce their technology to 16th/17th century level

This person then set out to use her advance knowledge and skills to give one nation a fighting chance to change course and to rebuild their lost knowledge, the nation is heavily base around the Britain and how we use advance sailing vessel designs to defeat the catholic church attempts to take over the United Kingdom. The main story involve her helping this nation prepare defences against the church, spying and a massive sea battle.

Off Armageddon Reef:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_Armageddon_Reef
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Good series, I just finished reading book 4 (a mighty fortress) and will definitely read the next one. Though I have to say that the author is a bit to fond of having characters deliver the same expositions again and again which is something that irritates me. Fortunately the over all story is good enough to make up for it

Comment

It seems a lot like Battlestar Galactica. I may have to check it out.

Comment

Thankyou, that the book. Will have to buy the other 5 books of the series and read them. It does seem that Weber is taking his time building up to them getting back into the fight with Gbaba.

Comment

Working...
          X