• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bottle Imp (207)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    THE BOTTLE IMP
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    An investigation into a gruesome murder leads Nick and Hank to an unstable father and his daughter. Elsewhere, Monroe fills in for Rosalee at the spice shop; and Capt. Renard deals with women from his past. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 October 2012, 01:09 PM.

Oh, wow, the first today? *looks around* Seems like a theme to me - unfortunately.

Well, what to say? Mh, good question ... First of all, good ep, not what I expected and that's maybe why I'm a little ... well, don't know exactly what to say. I liked how everything turned out, how everything comes down together and *of course* I liked how Nick and Juliette danced and kissed at the end (before she started to hallucinate).
    The storyline also was interesting and definetely not what I had in mind after I heard the title. But it makes sense - in another way than expected (again) but it made sense. Well, personally I thought the plot was a little thin, I knew from the first minute when they entered the house of the wife, that it was the girl. Guys, in some ways you are getting predictable .
    But beside that it was interesting (and, anyone else see the connection? 1.07 the wild child that wasn't aware of what she was going through when she inheritaged her Blutbad-side, 2.07 a little girl going through her change but this times she knows with what she's dealing, only her mother cannot handle her any longer ... What's next? Nick in the hospital again after he's beaten by something bigger than he can handle with? I mean, I wouldn't mind, I'm waiting for another physical whump and I think Nick is a little bit too self-confident right now. He needs another Stark to put him back on his feet again. He's not invincible ...
    Speaking about Stark ... Hank in the trailer finds out WHO killed the Siegbarste. And again, he's not looking too happy about what Nick does out of the books. I think this will finally lead to another twist with only two possibilities. And maybe Nick shouldn't tell Hank everything but stop now for a while. It's a lot with what poor Hank has to deal right now.
    Monroe ... so sad that there was no connection between Nick and him this ep and, don't mind me, but again, this storyline was a little too predictable for me. Maybe I'm too old not to know about all this newbie-in-trouble-storyline. It was funny, of course, and not too much. Only I really raised my eyebrow a few times.
    Next topic ... Adalind is back. Well, not back in Portland, what had make me really wonder after Nick and Renard put her on the wanted-list in 2.04. I thought she might be in Europe - well, looks like I'm right (thinking about the trailer for 2.08). But she doesn't seem to know about the affection between Renard and Juliette. Wondering if this is a usual sideeffect to that stuff, Catherine gave to Sean or not ... Renard/Juliette wasn't too much for me. And also not too obvicious. I bought that Nick wasn't really aware of what is going on between them both. And that Sean is writing down Juliette's name while he should do something else ... too cute!
    What lead us now to the first scene. Juliette remembers. Haha, I think one of the oldest "tricks" a writer can use - personally, my dear show-writers, I lost my interest in that one when I was ten years old, just a friendly reminder . Well, I squeed and bounced on my couch when Juliette turned around telling Nick she could remember him. That was such a great moment! I so wanted this for Nick - well, besides that "I remember you telling me about your ancestors"-thing. Here we really need a second chance I fear.
    What else? Oh, yez, Nick in Kevlar ... or a very, very, VERY happy Hyn drooling over her keyboard. My, this guy looks hot in his protection vest! I wouldn't mind if he could wear it more often *thud*.
    I think that it was - for now! As I've said I expected something else but I think it was a good ep, not the best this season but ... well, a good one
    Last edited by Hyndara71; 13 October 2012, 02:26 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I liked this episode, especially when Hank sees the rifle and finds out that Monroe saved him.
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

It was a little slow and predictable, to be honest. I also knew that little girl was a killer the minute they discovered her mother.
        It was more interesting than the sheep episode, mostly because I love "little creepy murderous kids" themes. But this episode didn´t really move the storyline anywhere - we only saw Adelind and Hank in the trailer and those two things were much more interesting than the stuff around.
        The promo to following episodes was VERY misleading. The beginning with Juliette remember was a cruel twist, I have to give them that. Now it makes sense - I doubt Juliette will ever remember, unless Nick finds something to give her as an antidote (if there is one) and I think this rebuilding their relationship may help them to have some actual chemistry, instead the dull talks they had in season 1.
        Monroe taking over Rosalee´s shop was a fun part, and gave him something to do. It is actually a good thing to have this shop there because Monroe has a storyline of his own, instead of just being a grimmipedia for Nick. Nick doesn´t need his help anymore that much which is kinda sad because their friendship is one of the best things on the show.

My most favourite thing, however, was the moment when Hank discovered the elephant gun. It is nice to know that at least here, they can be unpredicatable. It is difficult to know how much Hank can handle - and I don´t mean the wessen stuff but Nick´s lies. Nick doesn´t tell him everything. He still keeps Hank on "need-to-know" basis, which means, mostly, Adelind and her love potion. What will Hank do when he finds out he was a bait...and that Nick didn´t tell him? Once again, he had this look at his face that makes him uncertain about Nick.
        Also, it was a nice return to previous season and explain one thing from a previous episode. I like writers don´t forget it but for less patient viewers (who expect a bang in each episode) this slow building story may be a little difficult to watch. I personally don´t mind, I am just worried about the ratings

P.S. Since the beginning of this season, or maybe since Juliette woke up and all the crazy stuff started I have a strange, depressive feeling about it. In a *good* way, I mean. Like there is some disaster waiting to happen, mainly for Nick, because there are (bad) people who are getting too close to him, his friends are in a real danger, he is (unknowingly) manipulated by his captain...I can´t wait what happens next, especially what they have ready for mid-season finale for us. I think a word "forshadowing" is the word I am looking for.
        Last edited by Klenotka; 13 October 2012, 05:34 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

anyone has an idea when mid-season finale will be?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Sorry, don't know why but since yesterday I cannot quote anyone anymore. It's kinda weird. Anyone else with this problem?

Klenotka:
            Monroe taking over Rosalee´s shop was a fun part, and gave him something to do. It is actually a good thing to have this shop there because Monroe has a storyline of his own, instead of just being a grimmipedia for Nick. Nick doesn´t need his help anymore that much which is kinda sad because their friendship is one of the best things on the show.
            Yeah, that's what Silas and David had said during one of the latest interviews they gave. That they aren't that much together anymore. I can't believe that they will put this friendship completely aside (maybe writing Monroe out of the storyline) as it is one of the things the fans want to see. There's so much chemistry between Monroe and Nick, it would be absolutely crazy to end this.

Also, it was a nice return to previous season and explain one thing from a previous episode. I like writers don´t forget it but for less patient viewers (who expect a bang in each episode) this slow building story may be a little difficult to watch. I personally don´t mind, I am just worried about the ratings
            Oh, the ratings - I hate the US-ratings-system *gnaws again on her fingernails*! But I think for now casual viewers still can follow what is going on there - or, at least, I hope so.

P.S. Since the beginning of this season, or maybe since Juliette woke up and all the crazy stuff started I have a strange, depressive feeling about it. In a *good* way, I mean. Like there is some disaster waiting to happen, mainly for Nick, because there are (bad) people who are getting too close to him, his friends are in a real danger, he is (unknowingly) manipulated by his captain...I can´t wait what happens next, especially what they have ready for mid-season finale for us. I think a word "forshadowing" is the word I am looking for.
            This would be cool to watch! But I don't think this will be the midseason-finale, more the season-finale, so slow passed they are telling the story right now.

mi_guard:
            anyone has an idea when mid-season finale will be?
            Don't know but as far as I know they are only working on the episodes till 2.11 so my guess is that there will be the break (hopeful it won't be last too long ...)

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

wow what an episode!

first off I have to say, I called that it was the girl. but wow she was really creepy at the end, when she just was sitting there smiling after attacking that kid. and the look Nick gave her was interesting (and it was a grimm look).

and as usual a new person seeing the trailer was always great . especially the weapons cabinet. I do like how Hank remembered something that happened way back in season one (which I have to admit I forgot about).

and that part with Renard writing "juliette" all over again, was creepy it reminded me of the shinning (which may have been the point). and the end with her seeing Renard, I didn't like because I didn't want them to go down that path, which it seems that they are.

and lastly, it was good to see Adelind even if she was only in one scene. I definitely see her coming to portland soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Youn saw that right, blueray, Nick was still in that cabin and April on the other side of this one-way-mirror. About her coming back ... well, I hope so Would be interesting to see how she will see this whole scenario in a couple of years.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

who coming back Adelind or the girl? because I'm hoping Adelind comes back sooner than a few years.
                  sigpic

Comment

Adalind comes back, that's for sure. She will be main-cast, so I think she also will return to Portland (curious how she will manage that without getting arrested).
                    I hope April, the girl, will come back in a couple of seasons/years.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

ah, yeah that would be interesting .
                      sigpic

Comment

An ok episode. It didn't deliver quite as much, but it had almost too much to do. The girl as villain was rather obvious, but the plot had to address Hank's growing knowledge, the Juliet subplot, etc.

I felt so sorry for Nick. He had a lot to process this week.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                        X