X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartache (803)

Episode Synopsis:

Originally posted by buddyTV
    From the CW: "Sam and Dean investigate a string of unusual murders where the victims were all recipients of organs from the same donor. The killer is captured, but things become even more complicated when the brothers find their killer in a trance mumbling an ancient prayer."
    Original air date: 10/17/2012
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2012, 12:01 PM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

They just kept saying "cacao". Ack!!! (Does anyone here happen to watch "Portlandia "?)

Comment

It was an okay monster of the week episode, directed by Jensen Ackles. His third time at the helm.

First episode he directed was the fourth episode in season 6 and the second episode he directed was the third episode of season 7. For season 6 they filmed episode four first so Jensen had time to prep. One of my favorite episodes "Weekend at Bobby's".

I think they could have contrasted the guy Maes and Sam & Dead a little better. It seemed they focused too much on Dean's comparison to him.

Also, anyone catch the mention of Thor? HA!

And the cop who talked Dean down was played by Jensen Ackles' father!

Comment

One thing that irritated me is that obviously no one on the show is a real F1 fan... Alain Prost is pronounced Prost as in Lost.... not Prost as in Toast

that's the second Thor gag this season.... i've not seen anything saying he's appearing... so it must just be an Avengers homage

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
          One thing that irritated me is that obviously no one on the show is a real F1 fan... Alain Prost is pronounced Prost as in Lost.... not Prost as in Toast

that's the second Thor gag this season.... i've not seen anything saying he's appearing... so it must just be an Avengers homage
          F1?

And where did Sam put Thor's Hammer after the last episode!? Come on, Crowley needs to get hit by it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            F1?

And where did Sam put Thor's Hammer after the last episode!? Come on, Crowley needs to get hit by it!
            Formula 1 Motor Racing... Alain Prost was a former Formula 1 world Champion back in the 80's

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

Unfortunately, I think he just left it lying where it fell after he threw it at the guy with the Frost Giant finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                Formula 1 Motor Racing... Alain Prost was a former Formula 1 world Champion back in the 80's
                I thought i heard Dean say "who am I... Alain Prost?!!" and I knew what he meant, although we always used to say, who do you think you are...Stirling Moss?!, showing my age a bit more there!!! Formula 1 racing is watched in the UK more, I remembered him from F1 being on constantly it seemed on Saturday afternoon sport on the Beeb. I hardly ever hear of Formula one since I've moved to Canada, so no surprise no one knew who he was, it was a pretty obscure reference for a North American TV show! Then again SN loves dealing with obscure things!

This was a pretty weird episode, another lovely SN twist to the well worn tale of the body parts of serial killers etc making recipients behave in the same way. Ripping peoples' still beating hearts out of their chests....so Mayan!

I was quite surprised by Sam's serious insistence that he's had enough and Dean continues to ignore him. It seems Sam is determined, he really does want the life we all take for granted, a 'normal' one! It was so sad to see him acting totally clueless when being faced with the surprise birthday picnic his girlfriend gave him, he'd never experienced anything like that before, a genuine caring fun surprise from another person.

Whilst it seems Sam is able to find this life you can see that Dean would never be able to, and I guess perhaps he doesn't want to believe Sam would leave hunting behind because it would bring home to him how he could never have the happiness Sam would find. That was great moment between them, and a setup for the biggest bout of angst between them I feel is coming. That will be more epic than the showdown with Crowley over the 'Word of God' that is brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  I was quite surprised by Sam's serious insistence that he's had enough and Dean continues to ignore him. It seems Sam is determined, he really does want the life we all take for granted, a 'normal' one! It was so sad to see him acting totally clueless when being faced with the surprise birthday picnic his girlfriend gave him, he'd never experienced anything like that before, a genuine caring fun surprise from another person.

Whilst it seems Sam is able to find this life you can see that Dean would never be able to, and I guess perhaps he doesn't want to believe Sam would leave hunting behind because it would bring home to him how he could never have the happiness Sam would find. That was great moment between them, and a setup for the biggest bout of angst between them I feel is coming. That will be more epic than the showdown with Crowley over the 'Word of God' that is brewing.
                  I agree that Sam would be able to live a normal life but Dean would not. Ironically, I think maybe it's because Dean managed to raise Sam better (healthier?) than John managed to raise Dean. I feel really sad for Dean that he's so reluctant to let Sam go, but I also feel bad that Sam has to have so much guilt over what is every bit his right in seeking out his own path.

Comment

Working...
                  X