This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith and the Goauld

Will the Wraith ever replace the Goa'uld as our favorite enemies?

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. May be
    Yes! They're screaming cool.
    0.00%
    No! Hashak kree!
    20.00%
    I'll have to wait and see.
    80.00%
    The Goa'uld were never my favorite!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:42 PM.
    sigpic

Is this a poll?

Comment

The thread is actually a poll. so can anyone tell me how to create a poll in the GateWorld Forums.
      Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:42 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        The thread is actually a poll. so can anyone tell me how to create a poll in the GateWorld Forums.
        im not sure i think only the mods have the power to do that, guess you should start sucking up too them

Comment

It's probably one of those things where you have to have a buttload of posts before you can do it.

As for your question, I pick 3, because I havn't seen Atlantis yet.

Comment

They look funny......though I do like the screechy noise that they make in the preview lol.
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              Will the Wraith ever replace the Goa'uld as our favorite enemies?

1. Yes
              2. No
              3. May be
              As a Goa'uld, I would have to say (2); But there is a possibility of (3). Of course, for there to be a (1) they would have to make the Wraith much more interesting but I am not optimstic, especially when they can't even come up with a better name than that.
              You Tau'ri have such potentional, why do you not use it?
              THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
              AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
              AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Light spoilers.

The Wraith are starting to look pretty cool. Sleep for 200 hundred years, wake up munch some people, make that screech noise.
                I'm glad that they didn't have the Goolds tag along. I think that we need a change of scenery.
                But I'll go with #3, as I haven't seen a lot them yet.
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

hard to tell, without having seen the Waith in action
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Have to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude on this one.
                    Nmom
                    sigpic

Comment

Waaayyy to early to tell. I really like the concept though, and I can't wait to see them in action.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
                        As a Goa'uld, I would have to say (2); But there is a possibility of (3). Of course, for there to be a (1) they would have to make the Wraith much more interesting but I am not optimstic, especially when they can't even come up with a better name than that.
                        You Tau'ri have such potentional, why do you not use it?
                        hey stargate is a tv show relax

i would like to see the goa'uld replaced because I never thought they were that great of an enemy but I will wait an entire season of Atlantis before I decide.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                          The Wraith are starting to look pretty cool. Sleep for 200 hundred years, wake up munch some people, make that screech noise...
                          Wow, except for the munching people part, it sounds a lot like the cicada invasion going on here in Virginia right now.
                          There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

I've never found the Goa'uld to be a great enemy, just humans with bad accents. I have a feeling that the Wraith will at least be freakier, though the Replicators are still my favorites.

Phil
                            Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                            Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

USS Thunderchild - whenever I see your name I picture David Essex in war of the worlds...

... moving right along: The wraith, hmm... Weren't they those guys from Lord of the Rings? If so will Gollum be making an appearance? Maybe Gollum IS the reamining Furling! Ok *puts the sugar-bag down*

I think the wraith will be a cool enemy, but as long as they have a decent history for hating us, like the Goa'uld were parasites, thought they were above us and took on the role of our ancient Gods.

Comment

Working...
                              X