Yoda before the prequels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoda before the prequels

What did people think of Yoda before the prequels? Did they think he was as powerful as shown in the prequels?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Yes. He was awesome.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

"Before the prequels" as in, in-universe, prior to the invasion of Naboo? Or "before the prequels" as in, before May 19 1999 when TPM was first released in theaters?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

before the TPM. i was curious as I'm too young to of seen the original movies before the prequels if you see what i mean lol.
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Oy, kids these days...

When the OT was the only movies we had, Yoda and Palps were just so mighty with the Force they were awesome.

I think the PT really took the both of them down in my estimation of how cool they were. In the OT they were just these phenomenally powerful individuals, so strong that there was no need for them to wield lightsabers. When the PT came around, we got a lame rubber ball Yoda bouncing around between uses of his cane and old man Palps doing the same. Kind of stupid to see, and a bit childhood-killing too.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Haha I would of thought it would of been mind-blowing to actually see Yoda fight.

Comment

I think Yoda in prequels shouldn't have moved much but to compensate for his size, instead use the Force a lot. No lightsaber needed for him.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I wished the Palps vs. Yoda fight in ROTS was comprised of using only The Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I wished the Palps vs. Yoda fight in ROTS was comprised of using only The Force.
                  Amen to that. I have no idea how that would play out on screen (though Palps hurling the Senate platforms is a good start), but it would've been better than watching ludicrous CGI rubber balls bouncing around the screen.

Comment

Yeah and I still find it difficult to understand the concept of Palpatine fighting with a lightsaber. It just doesn't work for him. It doesn't somehow fit. But throwing senate pods was awesome lol. And I got a good grin when Yoda hurled it back.

Comment

Working...
                    X