This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonely_star
    Hi Shippy Family !!! I've been reading you for a long time now !! and I enjoyed it a lot!! I've finally decided to join you !! I have the feeling to know you all now ! so I'm gonna present myself so you can know me better :-)

My name is Marion, I'm french,I am studying in Minnesota (yay for jack's cabin !!!) and I'm a SHIPPER of course !!!

Sam and Jack FOREVER ;-) even for season 9 !!

I agree it doesn't look so good for the next season but i'll give it a chance and anyway in my heart and yours (and the fanfic ;-) ) they'll ALWAYS be together !!

so hope I'll have fun with my new family and that we'll hear soon from the Con !!!
    sorry if I don't use the forum as I'm supposed to...don't dinf me yet, I'm a poor new little french new shippy...hehe)
    Welcome Lonely_star
    Welcome to our little family. Post Lots and have fun. I am going to try and post more myself. Everyone have a Shippy day. Now I have to go see what my puppy is getting into.

Peg
    sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
    Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      ((((suekay)) I made some positive posts about Sam and Jack in season 9 ..Go and read
      Spoiler:
      Don't worry ..Sam will never go and find another man ...she loves Jack and this is why she could not go through with marrying Pete ..and we know that Jack loves Sam too ...kerry found out and he didn't denied anything ...and straight after that ...he came to Sam and told her he'll always be there for her ...and he let Sam putting her cheeks on his hand ...."Love is all" like Marc Anthony says in his song ...Sam and Jack are in total love with each other ..and nothing will come in between them now except the long distance relationship .

Barrett and Orlin will only be there so that Sam expresses her feelings for Jack. we'll see the ship through what Sam has to say about Jack to the men coming on to her if they do ..and they'll get the message pretty quiclky

Caty
      I don't want to be negative, but I just don't trust those guys. We have been disappointed so many times.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I think there are a couple of things to consider

first of all, we're getting rda in 1, 2, 3 maybe 4 eps. That's all. so, unfortunately, seeing sam and jack together won't be all that common since at least one or two of those will happen while amanda's still on baby time

it bites but it's fact

HOWEVER, just because they're bringing back 'old flames' of sam's doesn't mean a thing beyond they've killed off a lot of thier other guest stars and don't have many left

sarah gardner would be a fantastic opportunity for daniel, both emotionally and in a ship way, but the actress lives overseas now and is too expensive to bring over

the tok'ra are a dying race, and story arc. i think what happened in threads is enough of an example of that

we got a lot of jaffa stuff coming, because that and ishta is the only story that teal'c has.
        we have a lot of ancient stuff coming because that's all the story daniel has left. with shau'ri gettingkilled off 5 years ago, that whole mythic quest of this story died with her, then sarah is gone and, frankly, they've done the whole 'ascend to get out of death free' thing to death and beyond. It's become a cliche by now. kinda like the enterprise beating the borg too many times.

they were supposed to shut down the nid/trust in endgame, but have to bring it back, because, despite all the 'we have endless opportunities' lines that we hear from TPTB, they seem to prefer the easy to write/easy to produce earth bound eps (making those alien planets, that takes time, effort and research)

Also, it seems that s9 is going to be a drastic departure from the show we've been watching, imho, drastic enough that they shoulda just taken a yaer off or changed its name.

they're gonna have to set up all those drastic changes, so we're gonna get a bunch of nice slow things like we had in the first season of atlantis. before they can play in a new universe, they have to make it first. and that's what a good portion of s9 will be

I seriously doubt they're bringing back the 'exes' as an answer to ship, they're doing it because they don't have many existing storylines left and it's easier to bring out and continue something that's already existed than it is to come up with something fresh and new
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've lurked most of this weekend and not really gotten into the mix as I sorted out my feelings on what S9 will bring. I really think that we as shippers have
          Spoiler:
          to be content with what we saw in Threads. Jack is not with Kerry; Sam is not marrying Pete. Kerry saw the relationship with Jack for what it was--a passing thing that he settled for since he couldn't be with Sam. Sam couldn't marry Pete because she was in love (and yes, I think she will admit it "on screen") with Jack. Jacob knew that Sam had feelings for Jack and forced her, as only a parent could do, to admit her feelings. Sam & Jack (along with Teal'c and Daniel) went fishing. There's a big difference between Sam and Jack going fishing and Jack and Teal'c going fishing . I have to believe that somewhere along the line Sam and Jack talked about their feelings--otherwise she would have never agreed to go fishing. The fact that Daniel & Teal'c went along only served to buffer out the potential issues with it being against regulations. Jack will be in her life--probably as a long-distance relationship, but he'll be there. They have too much going for them. The writers of SG also know that the shippers constitute a huge fan base and even if they aren't willing to give us what we want totally, they're not going to ruin the relationship and risk alienating us. They need us even more with RDA appearing only on a limited basis.

Now...for S9 and the guys who have had feelings for Sam in the past being resurrected. Sam has already been there and done that so to speak with all of them. Agent Barrett had his chance; Orin had his chance as well--she didn't fall for either of them. Sam isn't the type of person to just fly off and fall for someone else--she was only with Pete because she couldn't have Jack. For whatever reason, she wasn't interested in the others in the past and that should hold true now.

I personally think that Ba'al is hot as a Goa'uld goes, but he's not for Sam. Come on...why would she want to go that route when she could find men of her own species?

I'm keeping the faith and hope that everyone else will too. I'm also not going to pay attention to the negative things that people are saying in other threads. It serves no purpose but to cause shippers worry. There will be lots of speculation between now and July. We'll just have to wait and see what happens...until then I'm keeping my shippy thoughts light and happy.
          -girlgater

Comment

Skydiver you have given a nice thoughtful post and your thoughts and suggestions make sense. But what really hacks me off right now is what they are doing to Sam-and maybe this is the wrong thread to mention that fact-but her characater has taken quite a beating in other threads=that for courtesy I will not mention-and the ship between sam and jack has also taken quite a beating the last two seasons-the concern I have is their turning Sam into the
            Spoiler:
            scifi bimbo
            and frankly if it continues in season 9-especially in their efforts to ratchet up the angst because Sam and Jack are going to be apart-my advice to Amanda would be honey-tell them to take this job and shove it.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              I don't want to be negative, but I just don't trust those guys. We have been disappointed so many times.
              i'm with you Rogue-I don't trust them. Haven't for the last two years. They have taken my favorite character and turned into the ...well I think I am just gonna leave that description unsaid.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Hey Shipper Family! I made this and hope that you all enjoy it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  I think there are a couple of things to consider

first of all, we're getting rda in 1, 2, 3 maybe 4 eps. That's all. so, unfortunately, seeing sam and jack together won't be all that common since at least one or two of those will happen while amanda's still on baby time

it bites but it's fact

HOWEVER, just because they're bringing back 'old flames' of sam's doesn't mean a thing beyond they've killed off a lot of thier other guest stars and don't have many left

sarah gardner would be a fantastic opportunity for daniel, both emotionally and in a ship way, but the actress lives overseas now and is too expensive to bring over

the tok'ra are a dying race, and story arc. i think what happened in threads is enough of an example of that

we got a lot of jaffa stuff coming, because that and ishta is the only story that teal'c has.
                  we have a lot of ancient stuff coming because that's all the story daniel has left. with shau'ri gettingkilled off 5 years ago, that whole mythic quest of this story died with her, then sarah is gone and, frankly, they've done the whole 'ascend to get out of death free' thing to death and beyond. It's become a cliche by now. kinda like the enterprise beating the borg too many times.

they were supposed to shut down the nid/trust in endgame, but have to bring it back, because, despite all the 'we have endless opportunities' lines that we hear from TPTB, they seem to prefer the easy to write/easy to produce earth bound eps (making those alien planets, that takes time, effort and research)

Also, it seems that s9 is going to be a drastic departure from the show we've been watching, imho, drastic enough that they shoulda just taken a yaer off or changed its name.

they're gonna have to set up all those drastic changes, so we're gonna get a bunch of nice slow things like we had in the first season of atlantis. before they can play in a new universe, they have to make it first. and that's what a good portion of s9 will be

I seriously doubt they're bringing back the 'exes' as an answer to ship, they're doing it because they don't have many existing storylines left and it's easier to bring out and continue something that's already existed than it is to come up with something fresh and new
                  Very well said. And I'm in total agreement. They've wrapped up a lot of story lines, especially in the last few seasons because they didn't know whether or not they were going to be coming back to series television or if they were going to do a movie. Now that the movie seems to be way out of the picture, they can't go back. They need to move forward. I'm going to miss RDA extremely. But I don't think that they're going to bring back men from Sam's past simply to have someone to put with her. I think that they're going to wrap up the
                  Spoiler:
                  Trust storyline, possibly with Kinsey and Ba'al being "taken care of" at the same time
                  . It would be wonderful for them to acknowledge
                  Spoiler:
                  if Sam and Jack are together, be it a phone call or a simple picture of the two of them on the dock fishing
                  . I'm going to give Season 9 a chance. We'll see how it goes by the end of the first half of the season.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna add my tuppence worth to the S9 conflab - I'm not completely caught up yet and I gotta run and get the kids in a few, so I apologise if I knick anybody else's comments

I think tptb are bringing
                    Spoiler:
                    Barrett back cos he's the NID link. Not for any romantic reason, although, like I mentioned a coupla days ago, he seems to like being rejected! Maybe he's brought in the for the search with Ba'al, or any other number of reasons, but mainly cos he's a face we know, and they like repeating guest stars cos helps with backstory and not having to spend precious minutes introducing a new character.

Same reasons for Orlin - tptb have hinted they might not be able to get SPF (although I hope so cos I thought he was cute ) and that will disrupt the backstory of the ep.

Thinking in terms of ship, this is good! It's showing that Sam won't get involved with them cos SHE'S ALREADY IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH JACK! They have to come up with some way of showing this without RDA. I can't think of a more effective one! Yes, phone calls with Jack are better, but probably don't fit into RDA's schedule. Comments to Daniel and Teal'c are good, but giving some other guy - who we know she likes and gets on with - the big old heave ho is good. But there is a proviso - and that is that the storyline bringing them back is good and warrants it, and it's not just throwaway stuff that anyone could do.

So all in all, as far as I'm concerned, ROLL ON S9
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tauripeg
                      Welcome Lonely_star
                      Welcome to our little family. Post Lots and have fun. I am going to try and post more myself. Everyone have a Shippy day. Now I have to go see what my puppy is getting into.

Peg
                      thanks so much ! I already have fun !! if only I could hear good news for season 9, it would be better but i'll just be patient and wait !

caty, skydiver and girlgater, I loved your posts, they gave me confidence and are very interesting and well thought I just hope you'll be right cause as Rogue says...i don't really trust them...not anymore...

as you all I just hope they'll do a better job with Sam's character and won't screw up everyhting they've already done with Jack and Sam's feelings for each other...it would be stupid not to respect what they built in the past 8 seasons...but it wouldn't be the first time for a show...I think of JAG !! god THIS really sucks !! I know there's a huge difference between both shows (fortunately for stargate sg1!) but it really shows that everything can happen...I just hope it won't in our case !! (fingers crossed)...but i'll go and read your posts again girls, I need positive thoughts!!! thanks for that

and by the way let's not desperate about season9
                      Spoiler:
                      RDA coming for some other appearances, we really know nothing about his contract...all we know it's that MS said he was filming with him and then they were a kind of obliged to say it was for the first and third episode...Maybe the contract says more but we don't know...yet, let's just wait and see...

no news from the Con ??

and by the way I say let's stop thinking too much !! we can speculate for hours about what's going to happen and it hurts so much sometimes...it's confusing isn't it?? we should have fun and enjoy what we already have for a while !! what about posting some of those pics and we'll make the dialogue ? I know some of you are very good at that !

what do you think ? let's make a break in all those speculations and wait for more spoilers ...just a thought

Comment

WELCOME LONELY STAR

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

i do agree with you guys in a way. I don't blindly trust TPTB because they seem to be taking the show in a direction that is not only different from the one i'm used to, but potentialy a direction that won't appeal to me.

it is what it is. And i know that nothing i can do will change it. If i'd had my way, jonas would still be on the show and daniel would be a glowing jelly fish that visits on holidays. but again, i have nothing to do with it

If, and it's a big honkin IF they plan to ship sam every week, then i will lose all respect for them. but i'm not going to know this for a few months

I can't say that i trust tptb to make a show that i enjoy anymore, because they are changing the focus of the show. It is going to be fargate in a way because BB will have a lot of focus (that's what they'll need to do if they want to build him up to be the lead of the show)

however, i do seriously doubt that they'll make sam the ship focus. First of all, that woudl require that amanda spend more time on the set and and, it's my understanding, that she's wanting to scale back. adn second of all, if anyone is gonna be bimbo of the week, i'm willing to bet it'll be ben. he's going to be their focus. he's the new 'stud' and time will tell if he suffers from Kirk Syndrom
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                            thanks so much ! I already have fun !! if only I could hear good news for season 9, it would be better but i'll just be patient and wait !

caty, skydiver and girlgater, I loved your posts, they gave me confidence and are very interesting and well thought I just hope you'll be right cause as Rogue says...i don't really trust them...not anymore...

as you all I just hope they'll do a better job with Sam's character and won't screw up everyhting they've already done with Jack and Sam's feelings for each other...it would be stupid not to respect what they built in the past 8 seasons...but it wouldn't be the first time for a show...I think of JAG !! god THIS really sucks !! I know there's a huge difference between both shows (fortunately for stargate sg1!) but it really shows that everything can happen...I just hope it won't in our case !! (fingers crossed)...but i'll go and read your posts again girls, I need positive thoughts!!! thanks for that

and by the way let's not desperate about season9
                            Spoiler:
                            RDA coming for some other appearances, we really know nothing about his contract...all we know it's that MS said he was filming with him and then they were a kind of obliged to say it was for the first and third episode...Maybe the contract says more but we don't know...yet, let's just wait and see...

no news from the Con ??

and by the way I say let's stop thinking too much !! we can speculate for hours about what's going to happen and it hurts so much sometimes...it's confusing isn't it?? we should have fun and enjoy what we already have for a while !! what about posting some of those pics and we'll make the dialogue ? I know some of you are very good at that !

what do you think ? let's make a break in all those speculations and wait for more spoilers ...just a thought

I don't trust them either but if they want contuinity and keep all credibility ..the Sam and Jack ship can't be deleted now ...
                            Spoiler:
                            ..Sam and Jack will be in a relationship ...if you think you are just a casual viewer who doesn't come to fandom to read and analyse the show ...this casual viewer saw that Sam dumped Pete to be with Jack and Jack definately hesitate to break up with Kerry so that he can have a future with Sam ...this is what everybody saw in Threads ..Sam and Jack are a couple ..I even bet they would have had an intimate relationship by the time Sam comes back ..She may have been gone for professional reasons but don't tell me she left just after the fishing invite ....it's even possible that Jack retired from Military soon after the Cabin scene ..and they both took some time off to enjoy the beginning of their relationship .

I believe their relationship will be established by the time they come back on screen ..Jack will be back first probably saying that Sam is gone wherever for business .....not sure he will mention anything else ..TPTB may want to keep that when Sam returns ..She 'll mention the HMS to Daniel and teal'c (hehehehehe)and their future plans ( probably to Orlin and Barrett if they ask her out ).

caty

Comment

Happy Birthday, tpe78!!!

Have a SHIPPERIFIC day!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i do agree with you guys in a way. I don't blindly trust TPTB because they seem to be taking the show in a direction that is not only different from the one i'm used to, but potentialy a direction that won't appeal to me.

it is what it is. And i know that nothing i can do will change it. If i'd had my way, jonas would still be on the show and daniel would be a glowing jelly fish that visits on holidays. but again, i have nothing to do with it

If, and it's a big honkin IF they plan to ship sam every week, then i will lose all respect for them. but i'm not going to know this for a few months

I can't say that i trust tptb to make a show that i enjoy anymore, because they are changing the focus of the show. It is going to be fargate in a way because BB will have a lot of focus (that's what they'll need to do if they want to build him up to be the lead of the show)

however, i do seriously doubt that they'll make sam the ship focus. First of all, that woudl require that amanda spend more time on the set and and, it's my understanding, that she's wanting to scale back. adn second of all, if anyone is gonna be bimbo of the week, i'm willing to bet it'll be ben. he's going to be their focus. he's the new 'stud' and time will tell if he suffers from Kirk Syndrom

((((Skydiver))) I really like your post but you are scaring me a little ...Me too I'm not looking forward to season 9 too much ..because of
                                Spoiler:
                                BB & CB joining the show ..I both liked them in Farscape but somehow ..i think it is wrong to carry on the show without the original team and not change the name of the show ...I also think that we won't see much Sam and Jack ship but we 'll hear it through others like Orlin, Barrett and even Baa'l asking her questions about the love in her life ..and how important it is ..bla bla bla .. tptb May also give Sam the opportunity to use the phone a lot to talk to Jack ..Either he rings or she rings ...that should be nice ..but we'll see . other than that ..BB,CB, will be the new focus of the show .it's a shame really that they didn't stop the show with RDA present full time ..it would have been the right thing to do

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X