X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue you figure after the
    Spoiler:
    Pete Fiasco and all the Male Guest Star falling for Sam over the Years TPTB and AT would want to stay clear of this mess for the Sam character.I though with Jack pretty much out of the way we would see Sam return to early Season Sam and not Barbie Sam.Many Fans have said they where turned off by the Sam and Jack Ship but I ask those same people is this better for the Show and the Sam character?IMO RDA and AT had great Chemistry and worked great together.I have no desire to watch all the same guest Stars falling for Sam for a second time and I have no desire to watch Sam play nice with characters like Baal.Sam needs to be more like Replicarter than Barbie.
    Last edited by ses110; 17 April 2005, 04:39 PM.

Comment

has anyone heard anything at all coming out of the con?? I am not pleased to see the return of the 'EXes"-and what they are going to do to Sam this season. And Rogue is correct-what the other threads are doing to Sam becuz of the terrible way they are writing her-is absolutely unbelievable
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        has anyone heard anything at all coming out of the con?? I am not pleased to see the return of the 'EXes"-and what they are going to do to Sam this season. And Rogue is correct-what the other threads are doing to Sam becuz of the terrible way they are writing her-is absolutely unbelievable
        Okay. I'm in a mood to get irritated so I'll bite. What threads are posting these kinds of things about Sam?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Okay. I'm in a mood to get irritated so I'll bite. What threads are posting these kinds of things about Sam?
          Which one do you think? I am not going to say it because I will get slammed.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

pittsburghgirl so far it sounds like
            Spoiler:
            nothing but bad news out of the con.What a surprise for Shippers.It also sounds like business as usual for Sam and her Male Fan Club.It's like the Sam character is stuck in a vicious cycle that gets worse all the time.The Sam character has gone from one of the best to one of the worst overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              Which one do you think? I am not going to say it because I will get slammed.
              I had actually forgotten about that thread...too traumatic of an experience I guess...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

could someone fill me in on what's goin on? i don't get it, what bad happened?
                Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

I posted this already on the "Sam's a Great Character" thread. I apologize to anyone who's reading it twice, but the two threads are generating so much similar worry about what's going on with TPTB right now that I felt it wouldn't be too bad to post it again. Even a nuance or a "You won't be disappointed" from Vancouver would make me feel better. I doubt we'll get that.

It occurs to me that we may be getting ourselves all upset over nothing. What do we really know? Not much: the names of a few possible guest stars in S9, who's joining the team, that Amanda probably won't be back until 907 (Olivia arrived late) and that RDA won't be a series regular. We also think that Arthurian legend will play a role in this season's developments.

That's all we really REALLY know. I've been a journalist for more than 20 years, and I know better than to deal in speculation, because it's usually WRONG. Beyond that, we're driving ourselves crazy with speculation on what might be, and I have a feeling TPTB are sitting around laughing at us because of it! It's their job to keep us guessing and upset, so we don't go out to dinner on season premiere night.

I'm just going to have to step back, take a deep breath and not worry about all these negative scenarios. As I said earlier today, July is 10 long, LONG weeks away, and we probably won't know nearly enough til then. But if TPTB break my heart over Sam and Jack, I just don't know if I can continue to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    pittsburghgirl so far it sounds like
                    Spoiler:
                    nothing but bad news out of the con.What a surprise for Shippers.It also sounds like business as usual for Sam and her Male Fan Club.It's like the Sam character is stuck in a vicious cycle that gets worse all the time.The Sam character has gone from one of the best to one of the worst overnight.
                    Boy, what a bleak perspective. I'm already sick, I don't need to be depressed, too.

Even speculation makes some impact.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I don't mean to interrupt the thread thought, but has anyone tried to use the Fan Fic search in the last couple of days? Suddenly, when I ask it to look for stories posted in the last 30 days, it comes up with only two results!!!!

I know I've posted something in the last 30 days, and so have Shimmering Star and Uber. But they're not showing up in the quick search. Can anyone tell me what's up?
                      there must be something wrong with it. i've told darren, but he's in vancouver so i don't know what he can do until he gets back home

i don't know what to tell you other than, well if you belong to the yahoo group, you get send a notification via e-mail whenver a new fic is uploaded so you'd have those links to follow to the new stuff

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/gateworldfanfic/

it's easy to join and all the mail you ever get (other than the odd piece of spam that folks keep sending to the list) is fic notifications

i believe you can also search the yahoo groups m essages, so it could be a temporary alternative to the search that's on gateworld
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        there must be something wrong with it. i've told darren, but he's in vancouver so i don't know what he can do until he gets back home

i don't know what to tell you other than, well if you belong to the yahoo group, you get send a notification via e-mail whenver a new fic is uploaded so you'd have those links to follow to the new stuff

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/gateworldfanfic/

it's easy to join and all the mail you ever get (other than the odd piece of spam that folks keep sending to the list) is fic notifications

i believe you can also search the yahoo groups m essages, so it could be a temporary alternative to the search that's on gateworld
                        Should I wait until I finish the third or should I post the two I have so far to the GW fan fic section and this Yahoo Group Skydiver's suggesting?

What do you all think?

Again, I openly acknowledge I am a coward.)

Comment

actually, you don't really post the fic to the group. every time someone uploads thier fic, you get sent a mail like this

GateWorld FanFic presents ...

Shine My Shoes
                          by Wildecate
                          E-mail: [email protected]

Rating: All Ages
                          Season: SG-1 Season Eight
                          Related SG-1 Episode(s): 818 Threads
                          Featured Character(s): Samantha Carter
                          Summary: It's funny how the most mundane things can bring tears to her eyes

Author Notes: Vague spoilers for Threads.

Want to read this story? Find it here at GateWorld FanFic:
                          http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/34/shinemy.html

Search the archive at GateWorld FanFic:
                          http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic

and then you have a link to follow back to the fic.
                          also, since you can search the groups on the yahoo server, you can search the messages and, hopefully, find what you're looking for

as to posting your fic, i say post it Uber.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You make some good points but we have been there done that with
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam and the Male guest characters and just hearing these same guest Characters are returning is upsetting.I doubt these Male guest Characters who had the Hots for Sam the first time around are all of a sudden going to lose Interest.TPTB also have to understand after waiting 8 Years we still did not get a real Kiss or an I Love You and wite Jack pretty much gone most Fans are in no mood to be jerked around anymore.I am one Fan who will be doing something else at 8:00 PM on Friday and I'am sure there will be many others finding something else to do.

Comment

Hmm. A lot of interesting points floating around about S9, so I'll add mine to the mix. I'm just gonna put the whole thing in invisio-text to be safe and keep the dingers happy:
                              Spoiler:
                              Bringing back Barrett and Orlin struck me more as odd than anything else. They've been so far removed from what's been going on this season, I'm curious as to why their characters are necessary.
                              But I don't believe its necessarily going to be detrimental to the ship. Maybe it's just hope talking, but the above point was made that we don't really know anything yet. We still have no idea what Sam was doing during her absence. That could have enormous effect on how we view these characters and what their storyline will be.
                              But the thing that keeps bugging the most is this: Sam just broke off an engagement. Whatever your opinion of said enagement (and believe me, I was yelling all sorts of things with the rest of you), that's a huge thing that requires some recovery. As much as I want a REAL resolution to the Sam/Jack ship, to have Sam immediatly run to Jack's arms in the beginning of S9 would feel problematic for me. So the main point I have is that perhaps having some old flames re-enter her life will put some things in perspective for Sam and give her the courage to not only approach Jack about THE conversation, but pursue it through all of his distractions and outside interupptions. Then maybe we'll get the resolution we've been hoping for, even it's a phone conversation to accomodate RDA's schedule.

Whew. So there you have it.
                              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                              Daniel: Oh! You see?
                              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Should I wait until I finish the third or should I post the two I have so far to the GW fan fic section and this Yahoo Group Skydiver's suggesting?

What do you all think?

Again, I openly acknowledge I am a coward.)
                                Uber, your story is great Part 1 and 2 are superb and leave us biting our nails while we wait for part 3

Not to put pressure on you, I know that you are very busy at work and all, those 2 jobs you are working on and evertyhing else, but Howsitgoing ?

I'm sure if you post your fic in gateworld, you will have thousands of people claiming for part 3!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X