Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say Sam and Jack because I think, orally, the hard "K" sounds best at the end of the phrase. Placing it in the middle sounds awkward.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Yep, Sam and Jack. For me it's just always been that away. Besides I agree with caty about the Mulder / Scully thing. Hey even on that show Without A Trace I've heard people say Jack / Sam for that pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
        Yep, Sam and Jack. For me it's just always been that away. Besides I agree with caty about the Mulder / Scully thing. Hey even on that show Without A Trace I've heard people say Jack / Sam for that pairing.

I haven't watched Without a trace yet ...Keep missing it but will do my best to catch it up soon . I agree though the "J" or "K" of Jack is too hard in front . Like the "S" of Scully is too hard in front of the "M" of Mulder ....M is softer than S in that case

Still in the Nursery rhymne ..we say "Jack and Jill" !!!! Weird

Anyway what matters is that Sam and Jack belong together forever ...LOL ..hehehehehe

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 03 September 2005, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Sam and Jack. No idea why specifically, I just always have. Apologies for the seriously vague answer.
          always and forever
          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Well to answer my own Q I always say Sam and Jack dont know why I just do, sounds wrong the other way round.
            Hows the Stargate Marathon going any other scenes taken out??

Off topic - two funny comments I heard today

Im too short for my weight!

and while discussing Jedi knights:

whos the metal one?
            thats a robot not a Jedi.
            Yeah that one, whats his name P45!!!

Sorry I thought they were funny, but then my humour is a little odd!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              I haven't watched Without a trace yet ...Keep missing it but will do my best to catch it up soon . I agree though the "J" or "K" of Jack is too hard in front . Like the "S" of Scully is too hard in front of the "M" of Mulder ....M is softer than S in that case and also Mulder is a longer name ( 2 syllables )so comes first in that case too .

Still in the Nursery rhymne ..we say "Jack and Jill" !!!! Weird

Anyway what matters is that Sam and Jack belong together forever ...LOL ..hehehehehe

Caty
              I suppose it would be quite difficult to get 'Jack' to rhyme with 'hill'

But yep, it's our Sam & Jack forever!!
              always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                Well to answer my own Q I always say Sam and Jack dont know why I just do, sounds wrong the other way round.
                Hows the Stargate Marathon going any other scenes taken out??

Off topic - two funny comments I heard today

Im too short for my weight!

and while discussing Jedi knights:

whos the metal one?
                thats a robot not a Jedi.
                Yeah that one, whats his name P45!!!

Sorry I thought they were funny, but then my humour is a little odd!
                About as odd as mine. I thought they were funny! Oh yes, I'm definitely too short for my weight-I'd be skinny if I was 8 feet tall (I'm actually 5ft 10)
                always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                  I suppose it would be quite difficult to get 'Jack' to rhyme with 'hill'

But yep, it's our Sam & Jack forever!!

Hahahaha ..Good one ..LOL

we could always make up our own rhymne to

Jack and Sam fancied some Jam and ....lalalalalalala....la and don't ask me what they did with the Jam

or Sam and Jack, late came back..... from ..lalalalalalala...la

Caty
                  Last edited by Catysg1; 03 September 2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    Hahahaha ..Good one ..LOL

we could always make up our own rhymne to

Jack and Sam fancied some Jam and ....lalalalalalala....la and don't ask me what they did with the Jam

or Sam and Jack, late came back..... from ..lalalalalalala...la

Caty
                    I say/write/think Sam and Jack!! Sounds right, looks right!! JMO!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

scjon - just noticed your location, where abouts in London are you its a big place?

Comment

Just thought I'd post this little saying that I'm making some fan art for...

'would you like to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows what's going on?'
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Suekay - thats a great saying and so applies to our favorite couple, where did you get it from?

Comment

I got it from a magnet at work!!!!!!

Lookie at my siggie
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I got it from a magnet at work!!!!!!

Lookie at my siggie
                              *laughs* I love it Sue! It's so perfect for our pair!

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                                Just wonderin if any body has got there copy of 'Cost of Honour' yet? I know its due out any time now, have pre ordered my copy but am still waiting. Oh well something to look forward to I suppose
                                I pre ordered mine too, but I haven't got it. I think we'll get it sometime soon. As you say, it's something to look forward to.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X