• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Smea - HWMS?
    Spoiler:
    Hot Wild Monkey Sex

We were told about a year ago to abbreviate it, but it remains one of my favourite 'ship' things
    LOL! If you see the list of shipper cookies, the yellow ones are this!
    sigpic

Comment

Smea - HWMS?
      Spoiler:
      Hot Wild Monkey Sex

We were told about a year ago to abbreviate it, but it remains one of my favourite 'ship' things
      LOLLLLL.. thanx for that. I'll try to remember it Who came up with it anyway...?
      Sam&Jack
      ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
      ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
      TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Congrats Bev On 3400 Posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Once again I'm behind the times... my apologies but I really feel the need to comment here! (You guys sure do post a lot )

Regarding AT's interview in... whichever mag... it was (can't remember now):

Spoiler:
          TPTB would not be that mean, particularly now that RDA has practically left the show. Amanda's obviously right (is the spoiler definitely a true "spoiler" now?) but maybe it's not such a bad thing after all! Okay, so say they made a go of things after Threads, and then "split up". That doesn't mean they split up in awkward circumstances or that they're staying away from each other permanantly. Perhaps they found it difficult to maintain a relationship due to Jack being situated in Washington, so said, "Okay, this isn't working, we're too far apart, let's leave things till we're near each other again." This would explain Sam's "not exactly" reply in EDM. And if RDA is coming back for the finale (at least the first part), who knows, maybe they'll end up in some huge life-threatening situation. It would make a better storyline and would certainly please me more as a shipper to see them together as if for the first time. Maybe Jack decides to retire and propose in "Crusade" (and yes, I'm really, really sure he'll be in this ep, as well as Vala). The ep would be more interesting and emotional-based with the pair going into a situation apart and ending up together.

I'm staying optimistic because let's face it, why would they ruin all the feelings that have been building up to this moment of them being together? And we know Sam and Jack would work together having watched "Point of View" and "There but for the Grace of God". In both cases, AU Sam and Jack were happy and wanted to spend the rest of their lives with each other. Fair enough, our couple have a few additional and very different years on their backs, but they're the same people with the same personalities and most importantly, feelings.

Oh, and something else!
          Spoiler:
          Am I remembering wrongly, or did AT tell us there was a phone conversation between Sam and Jack at some point in S9?

Comment

Silver -
            Spoiler:
            the AT interview was nothing to do with the 'splitting up' comment...and I wouldn't worry...the ship is in the harbour!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys!

Does GW no longer have the archive? You guys should have like a billion posts on there!!!

Comment

Silver -
                Spoiler:
                the AT interview was nothing to do with the 'splitting up' comment...and I wouldn't worry...the ship is in the harbour!
                Ohh-kay, never mind... lol! Sorry! Ignore anything I said up there that either wasn't relevant or was completely wrong.

Comment

Spaz - look down to the bottom of the page...you should see a link
                  sigpic

Comment

Just to put in my two cents:

RDA said in one interview I believe during S7 filming, something about resolving the "tapdance" between Sam and Jack. I do believe he is a shipper, though resolving may be something different than we might think. However, I don't think he meant resolving by S/J deciding against it or by bringing in a Pete. He meant, IMO, that we know somehow they are together(hopefully with a kiss).

Very early after Theads and Moebius, I ventured that TPTB think they DID show them as being together and are puzzled by shippers' disappointment. My disappointment was the lack of physical affection between them that wasn't Alt/U or AU. I was thrilled by "always" and the two fishing scenes, didn't even mind Daniel and Teal'c, if only they had kissed. Even a hugging scene that I could tell wasn't just friendship would have gone a long way to satisfaction on my part. But no, we were supposed to be satisfied with the Alt/U kiss, and hence the doubts.

The old adage that when the ship stops being UST and becomes RST means the end, IMO, does not apply to the written word. I've read book series where a couple gets married and the series goes on, and I've kept reading. Granted a few of these books are so old that ANY details of RST are skipped over. If successfully handled,there was plenty to write about as the stories were never about just the couple.

And I also say that RST shouldn't have to mean the end of a TV series, either, if the series isn't just composed of the two characters and it's handled right. The ones that are cited for ending after RST are all about 2 main characters, right?

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
                      My two cents worth . . .on the dating issue.

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though
                      Spoiler:
                      Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and underwraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey suppporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publically together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL
                      I was thinking the same thing, its a logical explanation really also
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam has just lost her father and then theres the whole Cassie thing. It would make sense for them to take things easy/cautious, after all they been annoyingly level headed for the last 8 years.

Comment

Congrats Bev On 3400 Posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Thanks SK. I didn't even notice...too busy shipping and thunking!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                          About AT's new/old view on ship: As someone said, she has had this issue about Sam being concidered 'Jack's Girl'. I personally don't know why she would think people would think of Sam that way concidering who the character is (2IC of SG-1, most knowledge of Stargate and Astrophysics, strong woman).
                          Well look at the inverse...He's Sam's Guy just as much he is Jack's Girl.

Its just how i've seen it which is why I did the wonderwall Wp like i did. They've both been there for each other at time they needed it, equally. Respective character flaws between both of them are remedied by the other. That's how I take it. So i dont see how this would be such a big deal.

Romanticisim, through history, has always been an integral part of any writing, especially between characters. I think it's rediculous that sentiment conveying sweet uncontrolling inevitable love, should be rejected because of post-sexual revoloution politcal correctness and principle.
                          Last edited by singergirl; 02 September 2005, 02:26 PM.
                          AJ
                          Jack/Sam Belle/Shawn Teal'c/Ishta Chloe/Brady Daniel/Vala Mickey/Maggie John/Elizabeth Bo/Hope Rodney/Rodney
                          and all that other ship...
                          ~My reasons for Vancouver are mounting---piss on the Louvre~

Comment

Happy birthday forever SG1 and Congratulations to MG

and what about that little thing underneath !!!. I know it's a bit old now but as I don't make any , I thought that one was appropriate for the Future of Sam and Jack

And for who ever likes James Blunt , I made a video for the song " Cry" in my lost videos ...see sig

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              Happy birthday forever SG1 and Congratulations to MG

and what about that little thing underneath !!!. I know it's a bit old now but as I don't make any , I thought that one was appropriate for the Future of Sam and Jack

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-...dingdream2.jpg

And for who ever likes James Blunt , I made a video for the song " Cry" in my lost videos ...see sig

Caty
                              Caty, This is beautiful and romantic!!! Thanks!!
                              sigpic

Comment

The thread is on the second page-OMG! Thanks Sally for your well wishes! My esophagus has a 2-3 cm hernia and my stomach has some sores (but healing) and damage to my vocal chords. However, the doctor is on top of it and thinks if I change my eating habits (no eating after 6pm) and take medication I'll be able to reverse most of the damage!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X