X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caty It's beyond me that some are still upset about the Ship when
    Spoiler:
    Jack is not even around.We keep hearing from the same People they do not see the Ship between Sam and Jack and then we get complaints the Ship is in every scene.Where not going to hear the end of it because of 2 words "not exactly".No matter how small the Ship is we have to hear non stop complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
      My two cents worth . . .on the dating issue.

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though
      Spoiler:
      Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and underwraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey suppporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publically together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL

Hi HailDorothy!!! That works for me!! I have to believe that they are
      Spoiler:
      in a relationship and that they are not breaking the regs!! So, I wonder how much time must pass before they go public??? Um, to the end of Season 9??
      Well, now, season cliffhanger material!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Caty nothing surprises me with these interviews anymore.I though I knew the Sam character I guess I was wrong.I will try to have the outlook that I like the Ship and I do not care who does or does not like the Ship.I watch the Show for the characters and I care how the characters Act or what the character say.I used to be upset with these interviews but no more.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
          I think I'll just stick to the one PhD. Thanks though. Slightly stressed at the moment ....I wonder if anyone has ever done a thesis on Stargate??

<snip>
          Still, I'm glad the Dreamwatch thing has been resolved. Our ship will sail/come in-albeit eventually.....
          Stargate wasn't around when I was in university, but I did do a paper for mathematics on 'Star Trek', got an A too.

So, I had to go find the 'punishment' photo. I was really worried it was something terrible. And I was right.

About what ((HailDorothy)) said about ship selling, then when ship is done, so is show. I agree wholeheartedly, but I think it is actually the UST that sells, potential ship. Most shows stop when the UST turns to RST because they handle it all wrong. Usually there is innuendo, flirting, little things, but the when they decide to go for it, it takes up entire shows, not just a few minutes here or there, and it is just too much. Almost all such ships always seem to end with the characters behaving out of character and thats why the show ends. They lose us. We just can't buy it. Sometimes I wonder (but I know it is not true) if us shippers don't spend more time thinking about the characters than the writers do. We seem to know better how they would behave in given circumstances.
          And if AT can't imagine how S/J could make a long-term relationship works, then she needs to read some good fanfic, because a lot of those writers have figured it out!
          One more than I am done: HailDorothy also mentiond that there was ship mentioned in the beginning and RDA was on board with it. Yes it was. And we know that he was on board with it because he made the show!! Ship was suppose to start in season 2 (which, IMHO, would have been too early, so I am glad it didn't) RDA was signed for at least 2 seasons with an option. Now I'm not saying this is gospel, but this is usually how it goes: You want an actor for your show, you want your show to be around a long time, so you outline to said actor what his character will be doing for so many years. Changes, struggles, ships, all big developments, so he doesn't sign and then not like what is written and leave. He knows up front what to expect. Just makes sense that they planned on a ship, but then was vetoed once it got around to their AF consultant.
          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
            Hey, Shippers,

Like MG, I’ve been quiet and I agree with her one hundred percent! No doubt some of you will wish I’d stayed in my corner and kept my fat lips shut. Forgive me, if I run amuck and repeat myself, but I’ve no time to edit this litany of HailDorothy’s rants on Jack and Sam.
            I'm ready!

As a published sci-fi/fantasy/romance novelist, I know no matter what the entertainment genre, SHIPS sells. Moreover, that it doesn’t matter a hill of beans if its books, plays, movies or TV series. Let’s face it, no matter how perverted even, ‘Silence of the Lambs,’ had ship. “Claries!” LOL And here’s the clincher, folks, the moment the SHIP sails off into the sunset, the story ends, so does that sellable product.
            Oooooh! You are so right, and they even made a sequel! What Hannibal wouldn't give for his dear Claries! Ouch!

To keep a market viable TPTB have to market their product in a way that keeps the majority of loyal viewers happy and TPTB behind SG-1 know that equation. True, as a diehard shipper, I’d have loved to seen every episode J/S centered. Who here wouldn’t? However, that’s not reality. I’m just happy we’ve gotten what we’ve had so far, and I believe that Robert Cooper and the other producers will give us a happy resolution to J/S. Why? Because they’d be slitting their own throats and the future of the series, if they did. SHIP SELLS. For SG-1 the SHIP was never Daniel/Shaira or now Vala, (yuck) its J/S. Always has been.
            Yes, TPTB know the power of the penguins!! Thank goodness it wasn't about the Daniel/Sha're ship! Didn't MS want to end that storyline in Season 3?
            On the other side of the coin, if they give us what we want now, what would be the reason to keep watching? None. Especially if J/S are the sole reason you watch SG. TPTB weren’t born yesterday and that’s why this show has managed to have 8 successful seasons. <snip>
            It's painful to say "You're right" because it is so fustrating to continue in UST. However, all the RST in fanfic hasn't stopped me from reading.

<snip>
            Jack’s antics and expressions were priceless. The poor guy had been the victim of a love-at-first-sight collision. In addition, when he said, “Oh, I adore you already, Captain.” That wasn’t sarcasm, but how he’d honestly felt. He’d been smitten.
            I love that scene! So much truth!

Finally, I have it from a trustworthy source, who must remain nameless, that the J/S SHIP wasn’t a fly by night idea. But I assume that’s something you all already knew. The ship canon as launched from the start and RDA endorsed it. He has always and continues to be a J/S shipper, but realized that ship was not the centralized plot of the show. I know whether it’s S9 or S10 there will be a happy resolution for Jack and Sam.
            Awwww...come on....you can trust us not to reveal your source! We're all Family!
            If not, slap me, Rosy, and I will never speak to my source of said happy tidings ever, ever again! And he/she knows it!
            Wow! A spanking?
            I know there will always be reasons to see the glass half empty and differences of opinions, all which I respect. But that said let's try and be more positive and upbeat. Really, we have enough negative stuff in our lives. I for one have friends in Mississippi who wish their only concern was J/S ship.

Always,
            HailDorothy aka HDorothy
            It's true that J/S provide a chance to escape from the real world. I sit here watching the destruction, desperation, need, and sorrow of Hurricane Katrina, and I feel helpless and blessed at the same time. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              Stargate wasn't around when I was in university, but I did do a paper for mathematics on 'Star Trek', got an A too.

So, I had to go find the 'punishment' photo. I was really worried it was something terrible. And I was right.

About what ((HailDorothy)) said about ship selling, then when ship is done, so is show. I agree wholeheartedly, but I think it is actually the UST that sells, potential ship. Most shows stop when the UST turns to RST because they handle it all wrong. Usually there is innuendo, flirting, little things, but the when they decide to go for it, it takes up entire shows, not just a few minutes here or there, and it is just too much. Almost all such ships always seem to end with the characters behaving out of character and thats why the show ends. They lose us. We just can't buy it. Sometimes I wonder (but I know it is not true) if us shippers don't spend more time thinking about the characters than the writers do. We seem to know better how they would behave in given circumstances.
              And if AT can't imagine how S/J could make a long-term relationship works, then she needs to read some good fanfic, because a lot of those writers have figured it out!
              One more than I am done: HailDorothy also mentiond that there was ship mentioned in the beginning and RDA was on board with it. Yes it was. And we know that he was on board with it because he made the show!! Ship was suppose to start in season 2 (which, IMHO, would have been too early, so I am glad it didn't) RDA was signed for at least 2 seasons with an option. Now I'm not saying this is gospel, but this is usually how it goes: You want an actor for your show, you want your show to be around a long time, so you outline to said actor what his character will be doing for so many years. Changes, struggles, ships, all big developments, so he doesn't sign and then not like what is written and leave. He knows up front what to expect. Just makes sense that they planned on a ship, but then was vetoed once it got around to their AF consultant.
              LOL!!!! Were you trying to prove that it's theoretically possible to travel faster than light?

YAY ME!!!! OVER 2000 POSTS!!!!

Comment

Okay...I have to rant:

Atlantis "Conversion" spoiler:

Spoiler:
                Teyla and Sheppard will kiss!!!!!
                I don't ship for Atlantis and to be honest I really don't care if any of them get together or not.
                I'm okay with whatever will happen...

But why do Sheppard and Teyla kiss in the 2.(!!!) season and Sam and Jack still haven't kissed after all these years????

To be fair, I have to say that though the spoiler sounds like it's a "REAL" kiss, I'm not sure....maybe it's just AU or something like that..then it's okay.
                BUT if it's a real kiss and they are NOT influenced by something that makes them jump each other's bones and it's NOT AU, then I'm miffed!
                At the risk of sounding like a 5 year old: THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!

But it's good for the Sheppard/Teyla shippers, I guess, so if anyone of you is one......congrats! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                  Okay...I have to rant:

Atlantis "Conversion" spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Teyla and Sheppard will kiss!!!!!
                  I don't ship for Atlantis and to be honest I really don't care if any of them get together or not.
                  I'm okay with whatever will happen...

But why do Sheppard and Teyla kiss in the 2.(!!!) season and Sam and Jack still haven't kissed after all these years????

To be fair, I have to say that though the spoiler sounds like it's a "REAL" kiss, I'm not sure....maybe it's just AU or something like that..then it's okay.
                  BUT if it's a real kiss and they are NOT influenced by something that makes them jump each other's bones and it's NOT AU, then I'm miffed!
                  At the risk of sounding like a 5 year old: THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!

But it's good for the Sheppard/Teyla shippers, I guess, so if anyone of you is one......congrats! LOL
                  Oh I so agree galaxy. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we NEED, DESPERATELY NEED to see a RL kiss between Jack & Sam. Not one that's AU or AT( Alternate Timeline).

I've been away for to long and there is no way I can catch up on all the posts so I'm not even going to bother but this topic is also a sore point with me. I've read some of HailDorothy's quotes in other peoples posts and I have to say that I agree with what she said. Most shows, when they change UST to RST they ruin the show but come on, as a fic writer of J/S I know that there is ways of doing it. Myself and hundreds of other J/S ship fic writers can't be wrong.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

sorry but its about time we had some more shippy photos added here

SuSiE_SG1
                    Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

I whole heartedly agree
                      How about this?

Or this?

Or even this?

Better now?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                        Oh I so agree galaxy. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we NEED, DESPERATELY NEED to see a RL kiss between Jack & Sam. Not one that's AU or AT( Alternate Timeline).

I've been away for to long and there is no way I can catch up on all the posts so I'm not even going to bother but this topic is also a sore point with me. I've read some of HailDorothy's quotes in other peoples posts and I have to say that I agree with what she said. Most shows, when they change UST to RST they ruin the show but come on, as a fic writer of J/S I know that there is ways of doing it. Myself and hundreds of other J/S ship fic writers can't be wrong.

(((((divcon))))))

Welcome back!

I totally agree. Maybe TPTB should get some help from the fic writers.
                        You don't know how much I'd like to see these episodes.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOREVERSG1!!!

I hope you have a great day with lots of LOVE, FUN and CAKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                            Aaaawww....sweet pics!
                            Thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                              (((((divcon))))))

Welcome back!

I totally agree. Maybe TPTB should get some help from the fic writers.
                              You don't know how much I'd like to see these episodes.
                              ((((((((galaxy))))))))))))

Great to be back. I don't have as much time to visit anymore as I started a new job (nightfilling) and by the time I get home I'm so tired that I go straight to bed and then the next day, with all the different time zones, no-ones here to talk to. Oh well, thems the breaks hey.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                                LOL!!!! Were you trying to prove that it's theoretically possible to travel faster than light?

YAY ME!!!! OVER 2000 POSTS!!!!
                                mad_gater 2000 BIG HONKIN' P0STS!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X