Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question---How does RDA feel about the ship? I haven't seen anything (or at least I don't remember seeing anything) on his perspective...
    -girlgater

Comment

Spoiler:
      AGENT BARRET: So you are single again
      CARTER: not exactly !!!

eek: I am right now watching ex deus machina and I just saw that scene !!! I so knew it
      Last edited by Lord Zedd; 01 September 2005, 07:38 AM.
      Lord Zedd

Comment

I'm ignoring AT's comments...she changes her mind on ship as often as she changes her hairstyle (and that's a lot)...Sometimes...she so completely against it...othertimes she seems all for it (with comments about babies, fishing etc) and then other times where she really just bamboozles us...what sort of message is that to send out that it's okay to have a once night stand with someone? It's personally something I'm against...she seems to think that meaningless sex is fine.

So I'm going to ignore her...and I may not bother sending anything to FHB for GABIT.

As for RDA...I seem to remember that he wanted to stay quiet on the subject, but that he is a shipper.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Anubis FCOL - SPOILERS.

And I still want that PM otherwise I'm going to chase you up and you won't like the consequences.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

SG1 poz They have Vala on Atlantis !!! I didn't know that !!!
            It seems to me that both shows are going all over the shop . They just don't know what to do with the characters .They are running of ideas I bet and try to put stuff a bit everywhere just to be able to edit an episode slightly decent .
            And of course by messing around with one of the best ship of all time .Gosh I prefer What Carter did in the x-files and what Belisario did with JAG .
            What Belisario did with kate in NCIS was a total shock for me but because she was not involved with anybody crucial , I can live with that I will not miss the first episode of new season NCIS because I want to know how Tony and Gibbs cope with what happened to kate . Hopefully TPTB is gonna address it properly and follow on that to make it a great new season even if there is a new female character in the new season .

and Sam and Jack IN LOVE for always

Caty

Comment

Wow... bit of an overreaction going on from some people.....

Not to go against the grain, but I wanted to voice a defence. Amanda has an opinion based on her perspective of the show, which is completely different from ours. I wouldn't be too quick to jump on her, probably why she's a little tired of the ship. In her shoes I'd be up to .. well damned if you do damned if you don't... but anyway. There's a whole rant I could go on about people not taking the entire situation into account, but I won't, sufficed to say I think I get why Amanda is feeling the way she is about the issue.

That's actually an old quote, I've read it before, from before s7 ended if I remember rightly, so I don't think it's in reference to the current state of the show at all, but from a time when Amanda was being heavily criticised over the Pete story line.

All things are about perspective, and people's opinions differ. Plus that's all it was. At least she takes the time to think about her character and care... many actors don't. I don't think the ship is in danger at all, and I don't think Amanda is opposed to it at all, she just puts some thought into it, much like fanfic .... so happy thoughts!!

sigpic

Comment

(((Myrth))) If it is an old quote , then it's OK ..I thought she just revealed that after season 8 !!!
                Anyway still fed up with the show itself and the messing around with a beautiful ship . didn't need to be that way specially off screen ..I think they still could talk about Jack a bit more often because he was and still is the soul of the show ,,Not nice to not mention the star of the show even if the STAR in question wanted to leave . Jack/RDA made SG1 what it was .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  (((Myrth))) If it is an old quote , then it's OK ..I thought she just revealed that after season 8 !!!
                  Anyway still fed up with the show itself and the messing around with a beautiful ship . didn't need to be that way specially off screen ..I think they still could talk about Jack a bit more often because he was and still is the soul of the show ,,Not nice to not mention the star of the show even if the STAR in question wanted to leave . Jack/RDA made SG1 what it was .

Caty
                  I'm with you Caty... and you too, Poz!

I am an actress... and granted, I'm a die-hard (read 'pathetic') romantic who will find ship in anything and everything... or I just won't watch... But... I really don't get that statement from AT. It is just baffling. Even if it's an old comment, which would make is slightly forgivable, it still flies directly in the face of everything we have seen in the Ship over eight flipping years. And this time, I mean "flipping" as much literally as a substitute expletive.

At the end of the day, though, I'm still gonna be finishing Sam & Jack's story in fic... Sans la spudly duck, and they'll be living *very* happily ever after. And the best part is, it's only subject to my and my readers interpretation. So the actors' opinions really don't have any bearing on *my* ship whatsoever.

Long live FanFic!

And Sam & Jack ARE together. Forever. Always.

End of story.

(oh, yes, and [/RANT] too!)
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

sueKay I just noticed your signature you don't like vala??what a shame In the beginning I didn't like her that much but I have ground acustemed on her. She was somewhat like a rookie what made it fun shame you don't like her. Well it is your opinion and I respect that.

Can somebody fill me in about Amanda Tapping comments?? What is it about?
                    My exams today were really hard !! I think I didn't do so good
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

(((Brenren ))) I 'm just so happy I have other shows to watch and got really passionate in them too to keep my mind away from SG1 sam and Jack . I;m not even counting the days season 9 airs in the UK ..that shows how fed up I'm with the show right now .

and who likes James Blunt ? I have a few tracks ( James Blunt) ready for my LOST videos and I will get into it right now

See you all later

and power to fanfics and long live Sam and Jack ship

Caty

Comment

I like Jams Blunt his music style. He is quitte good. Well got to go back studying.
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Unfortunately it's not an old quote - it's Oct 2005 Dreamwatch and it talks about the changes S9 has wrought for Carter, her character development over the last 8 seasons and about AT missing the first few eps and being a new mum.

I took the Jack/Sam comments to be light-hearted and not to be taken too seriously. The article made a big deal out of what she said and ran with it as sub-titles and pic text and imo blew it up completely out of proportion. They talked about and made the point that Carter's relationships had been focussed on a lot in the last couple of seasons. Amanda could have been sick to death of the ship questions and was being flippant. We just don't know. To be honest, I don't usually read Dreamwatch or any of the sci-fi mags (I was killing time at the hairdressers ) for precisely this reason. Interviews are all well and good, but the reporter will always write their interpretation of it.

So I'm gonna put this out of my mind, enjoy eating my shipper cookies dunked in my purple jello washed down with lashings of Dr Shippers, while chanting
                          Spoiler:
                          not exactly
                          and grinning manically.
                          sigpic

Comment

You know I went to the Chicago Convention last year and AT was there. Before she came on stage they played that video of Stargate and when Sam and Jack kissed the whole room echoed of clapping and squeeing. (Remember too that Season 7 had finished and Season 8 was in the early stages then.) When AT came on she was talking about how she didn't like what was happening with
                            Spoiler:
                            the engagement to Pete and how she even went to RC to voice her disapproval. Now, at first I took that to mean that she didn't mind being with Pete as far as dating was concerned but that the engagement was simply too much and way to soon
                            ; but she continued to say (something to the effect of) "what about the other guy" and once again the room was filled with cheers. At that time I have to say that I was kind of surprised because like all of you I had heard more often than not that AT was not totally on board with the ship. Now if AT made these comments even then, they still don't make any sense to me, why fight for Jack with RC if you don't want to be associated with him??

Truthfully, I think that after the whole Pete IMO fiasco I think she probably is tired of "relationship" talk but that said, when I think of what makes up the character of Sam I think, intelligience as a scientist and all its technobabble, a loyal, dedicated soldier, a loving daughter, a good friend, and what makes up her softer side is her trust, respect, and love for Jack. So, IMO to deny Jack would be like denying that she is intelligient or to deny that she is a loyal soldier, it would be simply unbelievable. The best part of the Sam and Jack relationship isn't that one detracts from the other but that it supports what makes them who they are.

Comment

Complelty agree with OMA, we should move on... We know TPTB are shippers, they have more to say in the ship and they are keeping us happy...if AT doesn't like Jack then I know who does... and in Oma's words

Last edited by LOL4JACK; 01 September 2005, 09:10 AM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                Unfortunately it's not an old quote - it's Oct 2005 Dreamwatch and it talks about the changes S9 has wrought for Carter, her character development over the last 8 seasons and about AT missing the first few eps and being a new mum.

I took the Jack/Sam comments to be light-hearted and not to be taken too seriously. The article made a big deal out of what she said and ran with it as sub-titles and pic text and imo blew it up completely out of proportion. They talked about and made the point that Carter's relationships had been focussed on a lot in the last couple of seasons. Amanda could have been sick to death of the ship questions and was being flippant. We just don't know. To be honest, I don't usually read Dreamwatch or any of the sci-fi mags (I was killing time at the hairdressers ) for precisely this reason. Interviews are all well and good, but the reporter will always write their interpretation of it.

So I'm gonna put this out of my mind, enjoy eating my shipper cookies dunked in my purple jello washed down with lashings of Dr Shippers, while chanting
                                Spoiler:
                                not exactly
                                and grinning manically.
                                To me, this is just another "who knows how to take it" article. What fascinates me is that DreamWatch knows what sells!! What did they chose to hype in the mag?? THE ship!! Whether pro or con, the Sam and Jack ship sells magazines, DVDs, and the show itself. People can deny it, but it doesn't change the truth! Personally, I think that if Sam ever had a taste of Jack, she would never go back!! And if she did, there would be plenty of women to pick up the slack. Of course, AT didn't say for how long the "sexual relationship" would last so I give it at least 40 years, heck, 50 years (gotta make the golden anniversary)!

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X