Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
    For UK shippers out there. I don't know if anyone noticed but... I got my sky mag today and saw that from next Wednesday Sky One are showing Stargate eps you vote for again. So I went over to Sky One and went to interactive. The votes over the next 4 weeks are all about Jack because he is ‘stepping down’ as they say. One of the episodes on choice this week is Paradise Lost . Of course I went and voted. So if anyone is going to vote, vote PL!

~Tracey~
    Already voted yesterday!! Do you think if I vote a few more times anyone will notice

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      When are they ever specific about Sam and Jacks relationship? Everytime someone asked about Sam and Jack, we get a vague answer. That quote was way to specific. So I am assuming it is a bad joke.
      There is no way after all that build up they would do that. They couldn't! They would upset WAAYY too many people! Even AT said that it's being left to our imaginations and been left open to interpretation. There is not a chance that they have broken up and I refuse to listen to anyone who says otherwise

*Joins in sticking fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Comment

Ok, well I've just caught up on the latest and here's my take on it....

Jack and Sam tried, tested and failed???? Oh there's not a chance in HELL!!!!

Reasons why
        1. 8 Years of slowly developed 'I care about her alot more than I'm supposed to'

2. Pete and Kerry biting the dust coz J/S proved without doubt that they are meant for eachother

3. ATs answer to the question at Comiccon

4. J/S ship is canon and as previously said TPTB may be a tad off wicket sometimes but they aren't gonna throw a 'no ball' on this one (sorry couldn't resist a cricket analogy!!)

5. 'ALWAYS'

6. IMHO I just can't believe they would risk it especially if sg1 carries on into S10

7. And here's just one of many more reasons......!! (spoiler for S8)
        http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ie/fishing.jpg

Toddles off to find more reasons why OUR SHIP WILL SAIL ON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
          I was just minding my own business on the net when I came across this rather worrying (2nd or 3rd hand) spoiler, which I really, really hope isn't true.

spoilers (highlight below to read):
          During an interview for Dreamwatch Magazine, AT is meant to have said that Sam/Jack get together after Threads, but then decide to split when it doesn't work out.
          Source of worrying possible spoiler
          (can't white-out hyperlink)
          Can anyone confirm or deny this?
          Nah, sooooo not true. If it was, what would be the point? Drawing out the whole relationship for eight years only to have some pathetic ending for them?

I am confident that this is a complete load of.... ******* I'll let you on the rest.
          Last edited by gate_girl12; 01 September 2005, 02:49 AM.

Comment

OK shippers, here's the quote. I bought the mag last week and had successfully managed to block out that particular paragraph - especially in the light of EDM. I also didn't want to bring it up cos of the last discussion we had about comments Amanda had made being so recent and causing a bit of .... controversy - don't want to use that word but couldn't think of another

"Richard Dean Anderson may have cut back on his Stargate screen time but there is still the unresolved matter of O'Neill and Carter's sexual heat to melt an iceberg so does Tapping imagine the lovebirds living happily ever after?

AT: I've thought about that and I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately, there has been too much notice on these two and it is too much of a qualifier for this character. It would be amazing if something happened and they went "Oh, we're better off as friends". If they could get it on just once, have a great little time, and then go "We got that out of our system. Now let's go fishing!" I just can't see Cater and O'Neill having a long term, functioning relationship though."

As you can see, this is just Amanda's opinion - it's not anything coming from tptb that we need to stress over. I guess she's looking at the differences in character and habits between Sam and Jack and thinking "how could that possibly work long-term for a fully functioning relationship?", especially with no Jack full time on the show. I also think Amanda would be happy to get a break from the ship questions. She's said a few times that she feels it has been too central a part of her character.

Personally, I could think of lots of ways that the relationship could work IMHO this isn't anything to get steamed up about - we've all disagreed with some quotes from most of the actors over the years, and I think most of us shippers are agreed that any damage to Sam's character caused by ship was caused by the ridiculous stringing out of the saga.

I say let's focus on
            Spoiler:
            "Not exactly"
            and show some of that Shipper Optimism (aided by Ship Nana's Ship Cookies )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
              It's a good one though. I like it! Those two words can be interpreted in any number of ways, by shippers and anti-shippers alike (I had a quick look at the anti-s/j ship thread earlier!)

I don't even understand why an anti shipper would even bother to talk about that ..If they don't care about the relationship , it should not make a big deal to them ..Sam and Jack are not on screen together anymore therefore they don't have to suffer the visual ship and I thought that was what they ( Antis) were against . They could not stand seeing Sam and Jack on screen cuddling or in a shippy scene !!!!. Now they are not on screen , so the antis should just be happy that they can concentrate on the rest of the storyline and adventure of the team . if I was an anti , I would definalety not care about What Sam says , I would just watch the show for the action and the other characters I like .. I mean I don't really like Daniel/Vala myself ..but I don't really care if they end up together ..really..There are other things to watch SG1 for .

Sam and Jack are meant to be together and they will be . Off screen OK and good for the antis at the moment but I surely hope that TPTB will show ONE SCENE of them together in a romantic situation for the pro shippers Sam and Jack .Everybody should be happy but as Sam and Jack are not on screen anymore for most of season 9 ( The antis get their dose of happiness), but it's important for the shippers to see them (S/J) one last time together in an appopriate way with a real kiss .

Caty

Comment

oh woah people!
                Spoiler:
                this does NOT mean they've broken up!
                they're probably just talking about what the shows like without jack o'neill in it!

DON'T PANIC!!!
                all's well
                sigpic
                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Oma 's quote
                  AT: I've thought about that and I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately, there has been too much notice on these two and it is too much of a qualifier for this character. It would be amazing if something happened and they went "Oh, we're better off as friends". If they could get it on just once, have a great little time, and then go "We got that out of our system. Now let's go fishing!" I just can't see Cater and O'Neill having a long term, functioning relationship though."

I can't believe that AT is saying that
                  Why do shippers have to go through hardship like that ..when the ship is only off screen anyway ..What is the problem with TPTB those days and their brainwashing to the actors ?!!
                  Don't they realize that a show is popular because of the ship !!!
                  I mean , just look at LOST for a minute ..Do you really think that show would have been so popular without ship and specially the kate/Jack ship ...with Sawyers in the middle . We had some lovely scenes between the characters and very much ship orientated .
                  The ship makes a series what is is which is popularity.Unresolved is one thing but resolved is as important at the end like JAG .
                  and most important it will make tha fans buy the DVD's .
                  So I hope that TPTB will not go down that route of having Sam and Jack as a one off love affair ..it's pretty bad taste considering that botth Sam and Jack have been pining for each other for 8 years and the love between them was supposed to be deep specially after Jack said
                  Spoiler:
                  "Always"
                  inThreads . If they follow the route off just SEX betweem Sam and Jack and not love , they are making Sam and Jack idiots and behaving like teenagers or at least not grown adults They will ridiculise the notion of LOVE and leave the Sam and Jack ship as the worse one in the Television history .

Sam and Jack together IN LOVE for ever

Caty
                  Last edited by Catysg1; 01 September 2005, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                    OK shippers, here's the quote. I bought the mag last week and had successfully managed to block out that particular paragraph - especially in the light of EDM. I also didn't want to bring it up cos of the last discussion we had about comments Amanda had made being so recent and causing a bit of .... controversy - don't want to use that word but couldn't think of another

<snip>
                    You beat me to it! I was the same - I got it last week too, and I'd completely forgotten about it in all the EDM excitement until today when I got here and saw everyone had been talking about it.

I'm really disappointed that she said that though. I suppose it's always nicer to think the actors support the ship...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      You beat me to it! I was the same - I got it last week too, and I'd completely forgotten about it in all the EDM excitement until today when I got here and saw everyone had been talking about it.

I'm really disappointed that she said that though. I suppose it's always nicer to think the actors support the ship...
                      Yeah, I am disappointed too. AT has alway had this thing against being "Jack's gal". It seem from her point of veiw that it was only a physical attraction and sexual tenision. There was no love to take the relationship further than the bedroom.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Yeah, I am disappointed too. AT has alway had this thing against being "Jack's gal". It seem from her point of veiw that it was only a physical attraction and sexual tenision. There was no love to take the relationship further than the bedroom.
                        It's kind of a pity, because I don't think there was ever any chance of that happening. And especially now that Jack's not even there any more! And I don't know how it could be seen as just a physical attraction or sexual tension. It's not like we ever saw much of that...we did, on the other hand, see a lot of genuine feelings between them. They made it quite obvious that these two people care deeply about each other.

Comment

Well, I feel better for the most part. I am rather disappointed at AT's comments, but after all she is getting paid to portray a character. The fact that she may not totally support the ship is irrelevant at this point (I guess), as it is left up to TPTB, but it would make it sweeter if she wanted them to be together too.

So, I'm going to go with what Samantha Carter said
                          Spoiler:
                          "not exactly" and what Jack O'Neill said, "always"
                          and not worry what Amanda Tapping said.

As far as I am concerned, Jack and Sam are together; their relationship is a mature one based on mutual respect and admiration and that's all there is to it...
                          -girlgater

Comment

It's kind of a pity, because I don't think there was ever any chance of that happening. And especially now that Jack's not even there any more! And I don't know how it could be seen as just a physical attraction or sexual tension. It's not like we ever saw much of that...we did, on the other hand, see a lot of genuine feelings between them. They made it quite obvious that these two people care deeply about each other.
                            Yeah, Lost Paradise and Grace are two examples. What they were feeling was more than just a lose of a friend.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Yeah, Lost Paradise and Grace are two examples. What they were feeling was more than just a lose of a friend.
                              Exactly - sure we saw how devestated they were when Daniel died, but we never saw them cry. But Sam did when she thought she'd lost Jack.

Comment

Well if Sam wanted just SEX , she had Pete for that . She broke up with Pete to be with Jack and I don't think she wanted to be with Jack just to try Sex as a one off . I mean LOVE is beautiful and powerful .To ridiculise Love like that is pretty bad ...and if they go down that route , I don't think they'll sell their DVD's .Cheap sex is not on my list as a series . I prefer deep meaningful Love stories like Mulder and Scully and Harm and Mac .
                                I hope the Sam and Jack ship will end like the other 2 I just mentionned at least ..which neans together On SCREEN and they will leave it to that and not touch it but move on to new adventure with the new team if they do a season 10 ..I also hope that AT will stop after season 9 because without Jack , it's a bit hard and boring to find something to do for Sam if she does not even mention Jack from time to time . Why can't they resolve the ship once and for all and move on so the shippers can actually move on too . I don't think they will be selling any more DVD if they string the shippers along that way anyway and it proves also that Jack and Sam were the most important characters in SG1 if they can't give them a proper happy closure plus it 's so mean I can't even believe I'm still there typing that post .

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X