Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted here in ages and haven't read many of the posts, but just wanted to add my 2 cents worth in saying that i hope us shippers get what we want and see sam and jack happy together at the end of season 9.

I live in England so haven't seen any of season 9 yet, but do know the RDA isn't going to be in the majority of it and so unless TPTB imply a relationship off-screen, season 9 will not be a very shippy season, unlike the end of season 8 (which i loved by the way, as i'm sure many of you guys did.)

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
      Wow, maybe I'm just greedy when it comes to ship but for me it's.....bring on the long, deep, passionate and INTIMATE kiss! Arms all around each other!
      You're not greedy. I agree with you! We've waited 9 years! Reminds me of JAG. But at least Harm and Mac got to kiss before the last episode. Them, not AU or time loop. I say it's time for the passionate kiss!

WELCOME smea!

Cheyenne- Where DID you get that photo? All I can find are the group ones.

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
        Lots of good points in here, so I'm gonna break this up to respond to each one seperately!

Big fat freaking WORD.
        Spoiler:
        That hug in Heroes was so ALL SAM & JACK (oh, btw, I was brave and ventured into the Anti-shipper waters myself last nite, and apparently this was a big point of sufferage for them! Hee heeee!) that it's hard, if not impossible to believe that their personal issues wouldn't have reared up BIG TIME in the aftermath of Janet's death.

Spoiler:
        And Jacob... That's almost a seperate post! He gave them his blessing. He told Sam not to let the RULES stand in the way of her HAPPINESS. His last days on Earth, he was a man on a mission, and that mission, to my sheer delight, was Sam & Jack. And we may not have seen it (Boo Hiss), but with all the history between those two old war horses, I am certain they had their own moment to say the final farewells. And I have no doubt that Jacob made it clear to Jack that he (Jacob) expects him (Jack) to keep his (Jacob's) little girl safe AND happy.

Honestly, this couldn't have been much of an issue after Sam had saved the world the first time or six. She's earned her respect, and she has always come across as fairly confident of that. I think that's why we always see such a different level of confidence, or even a complete lack of it, in all the AU Sam's.

As for the examples of life being too short... In Meridian... way back before they totally botched up the Ship, wasn't it Sam that said to Daniel, "I don't know why we wait so long to tell the people that we love how we really feel," or something close to that (going from memory cos I'm too impatient to finish this to waste time digging up transcripts!)... Couldn't help thinking, then and every time I've seen or read it sense, HELLOOO! SAM!!!! ISN'T THERE SOMETHING YOU NEED TO GO DISCUSS WITH JACK???

I'm hoping for BOTH. They owe us after the hell of the last eighteen months with Jack still on the show. Just my humble opinion, of course, but hey... In my Shippy World, that's all that counts!
        Why is this a problem? When a man and a woman who have put their lives on the line more times then anyone should, want to finally be together. Why would anyone say this is bad! The show and the character's integrity were never compromised. Jack even killed Sam to save the base from the "Entity" The only time I think Sam's character was compromised was in Chimera. A trained soldier, working for a top secret project would have shot Pete for investigating her, plus they would know when a guy is stalking them. The other thing I have a problem with is that "we" the shipper didn't imagine the ship. TPTB and the stars came up with it as a way of attract a certain group to the show. Just like they are trying to attract the Farscape group and the X-file group and the Star Trek group~~~~~~. My point is why is there a group trying to say we are crazy, that we are imaging things that don't exist, when we can pull episodes after episodes full of shippie scenes to prove our point. I think they throw rocks, while they live in glass houses. You get over it now!
        sigpic

Comment

... Okay, to go even further in our little shipper fantasy world:
          Spoiler:

- at the briefing after Baal's first "video conference" with the SGC, there's one shot of Sam putting down a telephone receiver... Who says she was not discussing this with a certain General at homeworld security?
          - at the stake out, when they decide not to go after Ba'al... Sam is talking to "the general" on her cell phone. She has a talk with Barett, then concludes... "the general's consulting with the Pentagon to determine what our next move should be"... "the General" could also be the head of Homeworld security ;o)

Ah well... I've been so deprived of ship for the first eps of season 9 (that I *like*! Even though it's *not* SG-1 per se IMO), that my brain did flip-flaps for a good ten minutes there! ;o)

PS: on a side note, I *SO* missed Jack when Cameron gave them their patches!!!

Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
          ............oo0oo............

Comment

Trupi your right.We should be beyond the point there is any debate about about if there is Sam and Jack Ship.We all should accept by now that
            Spoiler:
            Sam and Jack will end up together it's just a matter of how TPTB show that on screen.IMO TPTB are not going to just drop the Sam and Jack Ship or bring in any other Pete's or Kerry's.I think the problem is there are some who never accepted the Sam character and do not like the realtionship between Sam and Jack because they feel it takes away from Jack and Daniel.They see the Daniel and Jack from the Movie and there was no Sam and they want the Jack and Daniel relationship from the Movie.Sam is viewed as a Threat.

Comment

Don't mean to interrupt anything, but I'm curious. Instead of just being JS, does this pairing have an official NAME? Like, I don't know, Jam, or something? I would look at previous pages here, but there's like, a billion of them...
              Ba'am! Let's kick it up a notch...

Comment

Originally posted by lostelf
                *pokes her nose in to see if anyone remembers her*

I can always tell when there's news afoot, by the sudden massive flurry of shipper posts all over the web. Hehe...

Miss you all!

-- lostelf
                ((((((((((((((((LE)))))))))))))) Long time no see! I thought I was hallucinating when I saw your post Welcome back to the family.
                sigpic

Comment

Hello Shippers!!!!!!

WELCOME ANY NEWBIES I MAY HAVE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK ANAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...U survived my first drinking game without too much embarrassment (unless playing guitar (badly) and singing Disney love songs at the top of my voice counts!) and no hangover!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...

LONELY STAR - I can't respond to any PMs, but rest assured, I've got all your Sig Posts

ANAKIN - I've added your fanfic link to the shipper site http://shipperfamily.cjb.net go to fanfic links.

and THREE CHEERS for SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    it's so wonderful to see everyone so happy!

and boy, do we have something to celebrate!

*takes moment to squee*

*takes another moment to SQUEE*

*takes just one more moment to SQUEEEEEEEEE *

sally
                    I'm going to squee along with you Sally, and all the other shippers. It's about time they gave us something. Now I want more!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zipacna's_Lotar
                      Don't mean to interrupt anything, but I'm curious. Instead of just being JS, does this pairing have an official NAME? Like, I don't know, Jam, or something? I would look at previous pages here, but there's like, a billion of them...
                      oh.. im not sure, but it would be cool to have a *name*

and as for what someone before said.. i REALLY hope that TPTB actually show S/J get together, if that's where it's going to go.. *prays*
                      although i'd be happy knowing they're together...(at last)..i think id be a bit disappointed if i didnt see it

but thats just me being fussy..
                      Sam&Jack
                      ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                      ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                      TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((LOSTELF)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Long time no see!

Good to have you back
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by smea
                          oh.. im not sure, but it would be cool to have a *name*

Yes, well... I vote for Jam!

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin
                            ... Okay, to go even further in our little shipper fantasy world:
                            Spoiler:

- at the briefing after Baal's first "video conference" with the SGC, there's one shot of Sam putting down a telephone receiver... Who says she was not discussing this with a certain General at homeworld security?
                            - at the stake out, when they decide not to go after Ba'al... Sam is talking to "the general" on her cell phone. She has a talk with Barett, then concludes... "the general's consulting with the Pentagon to determine what our next move should be"... "the General" could also be the head of Homeworld security ;o)

Ah well... I've been so deprived of ship for the first eps of season 9 (that I *like*! Even though it's *not* SG-1 per se IMO), that my brain did flip-flaps for a good ten minutes there! ;o)

PS: on a side note, I *SO* missed Jack when Cameron gave them their patches!!!

Oh I Love it, Anakin! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I watched. EDM
                            Spoiler:
                            She was SO talking to Jack... That little hint of a smile, the bit of a blush, the fairly radiant glow *before* the Asgard beam engaged... I still say she and Jack have their own transporter!!!!
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zipacna's_Lotar
                              No, since the Sam/Jack pairing is the mother of all stargate-ships, it's simply called "the ship".

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                                No, since the Sam/Jack pairing is the mother of all stargate-ships, it's simply called "the ship".
                                Really? Hmm.... Being a Ba'am shipper myself, I never really paid attention to that before... Still voting for Jam, though...

Comment

Working...
                                X