Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Token I had to read the ratings article twice.I was like this could not be.Sam returns and we get the lowest ratings to Date.I also do not understand other Shows like BSG and there Fans seems to like the Ship and we get the Big Shipper Debate on SG-1.It has to be more than just the Regs.I really hope if
    Spoiler:
    RDA is in the Season Finale we get to see some Sam and Jack Shippy Scenes.I would Love to see the Season 9 Finale start with Sam and Jack in Bed talking and Kissing and Sam gets a call to come to the Base and were off on the Adventure.Like that will happen.

Comment

Token - I can make my own by using a GIF animator, but I got this one from http://www.sg1-atlantis.com

And...the shipper site...I don't deserve any credit...I'm using a site builder so it's not my work! (apart from the actual content)
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        Yes, I agree. They also missed out
        Spoiler:
        Letting Sam and Jack kiss! Amanda mentions in the dvd that they should have kissed.

Yes!!! Did they actually film
        Spoiler:
        the kiss?

If so, I'd like to have a special shipper DVD with all the shippy scenes we have never seen and with some extra shippy scenes they film only for us.
        Thank you in advance.
        Sincerely yours.
        galaxy

Comment

sueKay I though they would be down without
          Spoiler:
          RDA.I wonder if it was too much Daniel and Vala in the beginning of the Season.Maybe this could work to the Shippers advantage.Maybe when RDA does come back TPTB will let loose with the Ship.In a way I'am Happy because this will send a message to TPTB that it will not be as easy as they though.TPTB talked a good Game before the Season and it looks like there is still alot of work to be done.So far it does not look like SG-1 is getting a Big carryover from Farscape Fans.It will be interesting to see this week with the Sam and Jack Telephone Conversation and Sam turning down Barrett again.If the ratings are good this week that could be good News for the Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
            Hey guys, checking in for today. Hope everyone who isn't feelin' to great gets better.

(((sueKay))) lovin' the new pics, etc. Glad to see your new program is going well.

(((Cathain))) looking forward to the new fanfics if the teasers are anything to go by. Hurry up and write them so I can emerge myself in some fanfic
            I'll begin work on them soon! I'm also working my other series too.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
              Suekay & Cathain just been reading some of your wonderful fics and wanted to give you some green but alas am not allowed so here is a green hug instead (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Going to watch BeachHead now Squuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
              (((((((())))))))) Glad you enjoyed!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Oh!

Do you like my new siggy???
                I love it! *happy sigh at the S/J love*

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                  By the way, has anyone heard the song 'Written in the Stars'? You know, LeeAnn Rimes and Elton John? Well I think it goes perfect with the Sam/Jack ship.The words are perfect.(I'm listening to it now, that's why I brought it up)
                  I'm going to go back and listen to it - it is a beautiful song.

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                    wow SueKay ! this new program rocks !!! well actually the program is nothing if you can't use it ! so YOU rock !! I love both yours and UhSir sigs ! I'm looking forward finding an idea for mine

Cathain...as always, I enjoyed reading your fic a lot !! too bad it was so short I haven't have enough to read in the subway to go to work if only my shipper family could post a little pic/day, I'd be more motivated to go to work

and just cause I feel like hugging here a a big honkin' HUG for the whole family...and JJ the cat I love cats !!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                    ((((((((((())))))))) I'm glad you enjoyed! And I'm trying to get a few of my series longer, wait for the new "Major" chapter, its long!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Okay...the first page of the site is up, but the links lead nowhere

It's in blue which I think was in the lead in the poll at last count...

So check it out!

http://www.freewebs.com/suekay/index.htm

And I'm going to get a better address for it soon!
                      Very nice! Then again I've seen what you come up with, you never cease to amaze!

Comment

I'm really disapointed that the ratings are down too. I was REALLY hoping that they would be up the week that Sam came back. I really don't want to deal with the posts about how this means that Vala was the greatest and the PTB better listen up and bring her back blah blah blah. I didn't hate Vala (I didn't love her either) but Sam is my girl. I really hope that they will do better next week.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Great point Shipperahoy.We will have to hear about Vala even though the Ratings have not be great with Vala either.This is why this week epsiode is Big for the Sam character and Big for the Show.Sam is my second favorite after Jack and I'am realy hoping the ratings are good this Week.It's still early but thus far the Ratings tell TPTB and some of the Actors that RDA was the key to the Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            I'm really disapointed that the ratings are down too. I was REALLY hoping that they would be up the week that Sam came back. I really don't want to deal with the posts about how this means that Vala was the greatest and the PTB better listen up and bring her back blah blah blah. I didn't hate Vala (I didn't love her either) but Sam is my girl. I really hope that they will do better next week.
                            But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings were up because Vala was the greatest then "Beachhead" ratings would have been the same or more. Vala didn't "exit" the episode until the end. It's not a Vala thing unless people are tired of watching the "Vala show" not knowing that she would be leaving this ep and decided not to watch the "sexed-up" Stargate. Real ship brings in the ratings not sex. JMHO.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                              Speaking of commentaries (umm, you are the only one speaking of commentaries at the moment so, technically, you're talking to yourself. Oy! I've got to get a real life!)

I set the commentaries on for Grace and jumped to the Jacob scene. Interesting ship talk!

Jump to the Jack scene and
                              Spoiler:
                              Peter Woeste: "Showdown time."
                              His commentary is, um, interesting and at the end of the scene he says, "She [Sam] makes the decision that, nah, this is, this can't be the, well they both made that decision that, uh, this isn't the way the relationship should evolve."

Me personally? My only questions to Director Woeste are, "Have you watched any of the other shows and, did you even speak the writers of this episode?"

He also talks as if that's really, truly Jack, not just her hallucination of him. It's like he just wasn't paying attention! Jack most certainly did *not* let her go - he did nothing of the sort! Idiot!
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                I apologize for posting in your thread, for I am not a pro or an anti sam/jack shipper, but I am a Sam fan and I wanted to comment on the ratings.

I did not expect the ratings to actually rise because Sam is back. I think this because I doubt the causal viewer would purposely not watch the first five episodes and then suddenly watch the sixth episode because of Sam, even if they really like Sam. And my guess is that most SG1 fans who like Sam also watched the first five episodes to see what was going on. I know I watched all the episodes even though sam wasn't in them. There would have to be alot of people purposely not watching SG1 until Sam came back, and I can't think of why a bunch of people would do this. They would be lost by the time they actually watched episode 6.

Also, it seems that the ratings only go down from the season premiere during the summer run. For example in the second half of the summer season 7, Lifeboat got a 1.5 and Enemy Mine got a 1.2, even though the premiere (Fallen) was a 1.9. Does that mean that Daniel should not have come back because his first two Daniel-centric episodes after the premiere were quite low in ratings? In season eight, the first five episodes were very strong---2.4, 2.4, 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 but then the lowest of the season were among the next five---examples Affinity 1.8, Avatar 1.8, and Sacrifices 1.7.

So the chances of the ratings going up at episode six this season were highly unlikely, given the earlier trends. The fact that the ratings only dropped slightly for episode 6 is actually a big improvement compared to season 7 and 8. The ratings going slightly down are probably more a reflection of pre-season football. (Note that the second showing of SG1 was much higher than last week). And we are only heading into new season premieres on other channels. So I think the ratings will probably go down further, and then rise when winter season occurs (like in season 7 and 8). This is not a reflection of Sam or not Sam. This has been the trend probably due to time of year, other shows, and football, IMO.

And note that this was Vala's last episode (at least for awhile) and one could argue that the ratings should not have actually gone down while Vala is still there if you think Vala is key. You would want to keep watching because she is on. In reality, this small drop probably has nothing to do with Vala either.

I was hoping that the season premiere would start out higher than 2.1 because the ratings do fall over the summer. But the ratings pick up again in the winter season. Time will tell what will happen for season 9. I think you could argue any position you want to with the ratings. I could argue that the ratings are slightly down because the regular viewer is fed up with Daniel/vala story. Or I could say that Mitchell has not been well developed so viewers are losing interest. But I really think it is the time of year!

Sorry to barge in. I enjoy reading the shipper thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X