This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Just take care-if you don't feel right, go to the doctor. But get one that looks like Jack so you don't mind being examine.
    Yes, if your doctor looked like Jack, you would have gone straight to the hospital......'fess up!

I wish my doctor looked like Jack. My doctor looks more like Dr. Lee. But my dentist looks kinda like Siler......

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

< snip>

I also remember RDA giving an interview where he said,
      Spoiler:
      "Let's put it this way--he's no competition for O'Neill." So I had a feeling from the beginning that it wasn't going to last.
      Actually, what he said was that was no "threat" to O'Neill. That doesn't necessarily imply romantic threat, since the idiot had already interfered in more than one military operation, and we didn't truly know that he wasn't going to end up being a bad guy (NID plant? etc). We can't assume that Rick meant anything shippy in regard to the comment, as much as we'd like it to be so.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

My doctor looks more like Dr. Lee. But my dentist looks kinda like Siler......
        Siler is good, just one degree away from Jack if you consider he's RDA's stunt double.
        Awww, but I like Dr. Lee. I think he's cute! And Martin, from Point of No Return. He's adorable. "Uh…Murray? Listen, I'm really sorry I tried to bite you..."
        Oops, getting off-topic!

S/J ship happy thoughts: Tomorrow Sam is back and maybe, hopefully, possibly, you never really know, but there could be a little teeny bit of ship?!!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
          Sam is weak because she angsts over Jack but she's not weak when she gets lovey-dovey with some guy who insists on treating her like a little girl?
          I don't get it. Grrrrrrrrr!
          Excuse me, I have to go before I blow a gasket!
          I absolutely agree.

I would have had no problem with her going on a few, varied dates with different guys. That's the way a normal person would get their feet wet after being out of the social scene for awhile. My problem was that she went directly into this heavy relationship with a jerk who was controlling and obsessive, not to mention just plain disrespectful. Instead of proposing, he should have been cooling his heals in prison for treason, IMO! My other problem was the sex. I'm sorry, I'm old fashioned, but in my book, you don't sleep with somebody unless you're 100% committed, which she certainly hadn't had time enough to be in Chimera.

These things all detracted from the character of Sam, being the strong woman she'd always been.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Siler is good, just one degree away from Jack if you consider he's RDA's stunt double.
            Awww, but I like Dr. Lee. I think he's cute! And Martin, from Point of No Return. He's adorable. "Uh…Murray? Listen, I'm really sorry I tried to bite you..."
            Oops, getting off-topic!

S/J ship happy thoughts: Tomorrow Sam is back and maybe, hopefully, possibly, you never really know, but there could be a little teeny bit of ship?!!
            From your lips to God's ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              Actually, what he said was that was no "threat" to O'Neill. That doesn't necessarily imply romantic threat, since the idiot had already interfered in more than one military operation, and we didn't truly know that he wasn't going to end up being a bad guy (NID plant? etc). We can't assume that Rick meant anything shippy in regard to the comment, as much as we'd like it to be so.

I can and do assume, though, just 'cause I want to. And in the context of what they showed in the Lowdown just before RDA said it, it seemed shippy. But I doubt if RDA knew much of what was going to be shown, and have a feeling he never even saw DDL, even when "Chimera" was filmed. He also said just before the " threat" remark--"I don't know much about Pete."

Comment

Uh.....interfering with operations would have been out of context with the rest of the conversation. The interviewer had asked about Sam and Jack, and the word that Sam was going to get a boyfriend in S7. So I think we can be very certain that RDA meant it in a shippy way.

Comment

But Mary, assuming ship from just about anything remotely related is what we DO. Whether it's really implied or not isn't the point

But either way, let's face facts, Jack could take any day - no matter what scenario.

btw, I'm not biased in anyway.... no siree .... whistles...
                  sigpic

Comment

Oops, getting off-topic!

That's the spirit!! I just set my tape for Beach Head! I am excited for Sam's return! I'm hoping for a strong, assertive, confident, and fun "Carter" now that is not dragging her down!! Oh, for sure I will be on point for the slightest, tiniest, inkling of ship!! If she will only refer to General O'Neill while smiling. Heck, if anybody says his name! **sounding desperate** Let's keep Jack in the story!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I know this is not still being discussed, but I doubt very much that RDA and Apryl are married. I'm not an expert on his personal life but reading fairly recent quotes from him and well as the explanation of his leaving in the TVGuide article just before S9 started-- where it described him as a "single parent" just makes me think there's been no change there. Suppose a fan could PM the GW people and ask why his GW bio says what it does, if said fan wanted to.

Comment

Uh.....interfering with operations would have been out of context with the rest of the conversation. The interviewer had asked about Sam and Jack, and the word that Sam was going to get a boyfriend in S7. So I think we can be very certain that RDA meant it in a shippy way.

I agree! What you said!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          assuming ship from just about anything remotely related is what we DO.
                          UhSir reporting for duty, Sir! (or ma'am, I don't know what the right military thing to say is) Anyway, I'm ready and able to go out there and make assumptions for the good ship S/J.

Comment

UhSir reporting for duty, Sir! (or ma'am, I don't know what the right military thing to say is) Anyway, I'm ready and able to go out there and make assumptions for the good ship S/J.
                            Just grovel and call me "My Lord". That would be fine.

Did I say that out loud

sigpic

Comment

/ =

/ = and

k, done, bye.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes, My Lord.
                                As you wish, My Lord.