X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    A note of interest...

Fan letter from Stargate Magazine from issue 05...

From Sheila Web, Bristol

So some fans do think they're together

Note - extract of letter...the rest of it is about Atlantis.
    I think there was also a letter from a fan who missed Jack and said she wished he was going to be in more than just three episodes. Did I miss something or is she mistaken? I thought it was only going to be the two already aired.
    My friend, who got me into Stargate, sort of, doesn't have SciFi channel and only gets reruns on Fox, so has only seen up to season 7, thought the S/J thing was over. She liked S/ 's ship, thought they were very sweet together. But then again, she has never seen Divide and Conquer either, so basically all this time she didn't know that they knew. She also missed 'Grace' but that should be coming up pretty soon. I had to remind her that was the kiss she saw in the commercial a couple years ago.
    I thought Sam and Jack were together at the end of 'Threads', but then when Daniel and Teal'c walked up, I second guessed myself. But now I think considering everything that has happened, thay are. Just wish for some visual proof!!
    sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      yeah, why ask cj or ms? and amanda's been at one con since after her daughter was born (that's still weird to say ), and she *was* asked a ship question. and i LOVED her answer! i really don't think amanda's going to give away much, though, but i'd still ask her so she'd know how much we love it.

sally
      I know this discussion was pages ago - but I'm still catching up Sorry to bring up the whole Amanda interview and what some saw as neg ship comments, but I saw them as quite positive. I mean, playing angst all the time must be such a drag when you know how good a kisser RDA is I'm sure she'd much rather be smooching with him than playing sad eyes .....

or

I know which I'd rather be doing.

sigpic

Comment

Ha!! Friend mentioned above just called to tell me she just had satelite hooked up, so she gets SciFi now!! Now she wants me to catch her up on season 8 & 9, so she can watch it tomorrow and know whats going on. She never wanted spoilers before, because she figured she would see it on reruns or DVD. I think I'll be on the phnoe all day!
        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
          I thought Sam and Jack were together at the end of 'Threads', but then when Daniel and Teal'c walked up, I second guessed myself.
          My husband and I are firm believers that Sam and Jack arrived the day before. The scene we saw with Teal’c and Daniel just arriving was the next day. I refuse to accept any other interpretation. sticks fingers in ears LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
            Definitely too cliche. I've got a better one for you (I tried to reply earlier but Gateworld ate my post )...

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." Slow, sexy, and perfect for S&J.
            I love Eric Clapton and thought of that song too! Great minds Whenever I hear Tears in Heaven it always makes me think of Jack & Charlie. (For those who don't know, Eric wrote the song after his son died.) Takes me back to those Cold Lazarus days, or how Jack was feeling in the movie.
            http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/ecla/l...in-heaven.html
            sigpic

Comment

((((((((Shipper Family))))))))) *grumbles about loss of internet connection*

to the newest members of the Family!!

My thoughts on the AT interview....mixed! The article mentions that AT had been back for three days when the interview happened. I'm thinking AT was getting her feet back under her and trying to focus on the new changes with the show and having her daughter at work when the interview was done. She had been removed from the "Stargate universe" while enjoying being a mom. So, I'm not going to take it negatively even though I wish it had been a tiny bit ship positive. Now, the NJ Con wasn't that long ago; and AT seemed much more positive about the future of Sam and Jack. Therefore, I'm taking AT's NJ Con comments with more weight. (because it makes me feel better)

I'm sure AT's true feelings about the Sam and Jack relationship is probably somewhere in the middle of both opinions.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                I know this discussion was pages ago - but I'm still catching up Sorry to bring up the whole Amanda interview and what some saw as neg ship comments, but I saw them as quite positive. I mean, playing angst all the time must be such a drag when you know how good a kisser RDA is I'm sure she'd much rather be smooching with him than playing sad eyes .....

or

I know which I'd rather be doing.

((((Oma))) You always know how to put things under the correct perspective ... LOL

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                  My husband and I are firm believers that Sam and Jack arrived the day before. The scene we saw with Teal’c and Daniel just arriving was the next day. I refuse to accept any other interpretation. sticks fingers in ears LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
                  One day at least - maybe more. Jack looks a little tired and they are just fishing!
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Right...

THE SHIPPER SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION...WANT A MENTION IN THE SITE???? ADD YOUR NAME AND A LINK TO YOUR SITE/FANFIC/WHATEVER BELOW!!!!!!
                    Note: You can submit AS MANY LINKS as you want as long as your are in someway involved with them.

WEBSITE LIST

sueKay - http://www.stargate-intel.tk

ADD YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

* I tried like heck to post this last night, but GW just wouldn't process it. So, I apologize for it being late in the discussion! *

Originally posted by Buc252
                      Ummm . . . It was Amanda who pushed for the Pete storyline, and in my book, that's about as wrong as you can get for the fans of the ship. So I disagree with this statement: she knew what we shippers wanted and intentionally pushed for the exact opposite.
                      Well, I hated from the moment I saw his little round potato head. Yes, I know some of you think DDL is cute, and I acknowledge your right to like him, but he's not my cup of tea. Besides, they just didn't "match" as a couple. They didn't look right together, even if I had no other objections to the pairing (which, of course, I did!). But I still think that the experience was a progression; a place Sam had to go to realize what she really wanted. So I don't blame AT if she pushed the storyline. I wasn’t in “active fandom” at the time, so I had no knowledge of that. I also remember RDA giving an interview where he said,
                      Spoiler:
                      "Let's put it this way--he's no competition for O'Neill." So I had a feeling from the beginning that it wasn't going to last.

How did I become a shipper? Hubby and I don't take Showtime, but we had heard so much about SG-1, and wanted to see it. Then, it jumped to Skiffy and went into syndication. So for a couple of years, we were getting two new eps each week.....out of order, but new eps, nonetheless. As usual (like with X-Files), hubby got me interested; then my interest surpassed his.

When we finally got to see the show, I was really taken with the relationships between the team. I just loved AT's fresh face and self-assured demeanor. At first, I liked the fact that Sam wasn't attached to any of the men. But the more I saw her interactions with O'Neill, the more I knew that they belonged together….and I became and RDA fan too. In fact, I don't understand anyone who says they can't see the chemistry.
                      How can they miss it?

( * oops! calms down, realizing she's among friends, and is "preaching to the choir * sits down quietly *)

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                        sueKay did the LALALALALA thing a few pages back too I'd just watched ..... the one CJ wanted to call My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding (can't remember it's real name) and
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack's playing table tennis with T and says something like "sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole load of problems."
                        I can just see Jack standing there yelling LALALALALALALALALA when Walter tells him he can't keep kissing Carter - he's got to get some work done

Uh, sorry - don't know where my brain is today! For some reason every time I think RDA I think ...CENSORED...
                        sigpic

Comment

Why does Gateworld keep crashing on me? I was trying to answer Sue's question about when I started shipping, and it keeps sticking and stopping me...i think it's a conspiracy.

Anyway...Didn't watch Stargate at first, cos i hated the film. Saw Hathor, loved Sam and Janet. Borrowed my then-boyfriends vidoes. Saw Singularity. Saw the look in Jack's eyes when he ordered Sam to come back up, spotted the ship. Turned to my boyfriend, saying 'is there something going on between sam and jack?' - he said no, but he was an idiot, so he has now left this story.

Went on line the next day, joined a sam and jack group, then wrote my first sam/jack fanfic the next day...and all this before i'd even seen solitudes!

you all know the rest
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I'm all caught up - finally! (I'll be so glad when the kids go back to school and I can get on with my regular shipping )

How did I become an S/J shipper in how many words was it??

Well, as some of you know, the first ep I saw was The First Ones (unashamedly avows how much I LOVE that ep ) on Sky One when S5 was showing. I kept watching S5 and started watching the eps that were on every day in between (they would be from any season and weren't in any sort of order). The very next ep I saw was Solitudes and I was like "Heyyyyyyyyy! There's enough heat to melt the ice without the burner " and my eldest daughter (she was 8 or 9) said "Are they in love?" (Perceptive isn't she ) And from then on I was hooked. I only saw COTG, Broca Divide and D&C when I got the DVD's.

I found fan fiction about a year ago, and GW about 6 months ago. The rest is history sorry - couldn't resist the cliche
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              No, Voyager ended very nicely. Janeway finally got her team home, (surprisingly enough) Chakotay ended up with 7 of 9, and Tom and B'Elanna became parents of a beautiful baby. They received a hero's welcome upon arriving at Earth, then the series ended.

I'm not sure how Enterprise ended because I never cared for that one.

Not so good if you were Chakotay/Janeway shipper..as TPTB encouraged us to be, with some intensely shippy episodes (the one where she died was an absolute favourite), and the basic message was that you only get your man if you're a space bimbo in a silver jumpsuit, and not if you're an intelligent, older woman with authority.

Enterprise had Will and Deanna in the final episode..so I just sat back and enjoyed some new shippy moments for one of the greatest ships of all time (and it was resolved, too!)
                              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

*sob*

I wanted Kathryn to get her angry warrior!

*wail*
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X