This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    For me...the thing annoying me about the ship at present is the ambiguity. I'd rather they told us straight...even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear.
    I’m with you, sueKay, but if they took away the ambiguity then it would not be ship! Most of the excitement is because I get to see something that’s a secret; something that the other characters on the show don’t know about. Anticipating and deciphering the ship is sort of like reading Spoilers! Sometimes I get happy, sometimes I get sad, but the mystery of it all keeps me wanting more.

I get upset by the constant denial of ship in interviews and such but then they wag it in our faces on-screen. And what they are wagging lately is not even close to ship.

And that upsets me even more because they promise ship then they hand us a dish of crap like in Season 8, Affinity
    Spoiler:

JACK: Carter, there are people on this base who have families.
    SAM: What about you? If things had been different…
    JACK: I wouldn't be here.
    [fade out]

They took some really good, angsty S/J ship and then slapped us hard with those three stupid lines. They might as well have had Jack say, “If I still had my family I wouldn’t have joined the Stargate project, I never would have met you, we wouldn’t be having this silly shippy thing going on and you would be marrying the dweeb.”

Unfortunately, they have turned the story around so many times and for so long that they can’t find their way back to it.

Comment

UhSir - dontcha think Sam and Jack would have fine additions to the crew of the starship Voyager...they're both lost and are going in circles!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hi Sue , I've been around but lurking mostly.

Where would I find this AT article I see some posting about?
        Thanks

Poz

Comment

I never watched Voyager. I was a big fan of the original Star Trek and saw a few shows of TNG, but never Voyager or Enterprise. So they ended Voyager like they did with the original? Just left it "out there?"

I guess when the money walks, the fans don't matter.

Comment

sueKay presents...

In Between the Threads - Chapter 13 - In Between the Dark and the Light

We always knew I'd get there eventually!
            Get your tissues at the ready!

As always...reviews are MORE THAN WELCOME
            sigpic

Comment

Poz - go to the Sam Thread - it's just a few pages pages back, but if you PM NearlyCircular...I think that was who posted it!

UhSir (Just where did you get your name ) Voyager got home in the last and frankly most horrible episode ever - Endgame - dubbed Endshame by the Trek Fandom.

I was in the first group in Europe to see it at a convention a fortnight after it aired in the US. It was met by a few claps and a lot of people saying "What the f***?"
              sigpic

Comment

UhSir (Just where did you get your name )
                I did post how about 10 pages and, wow, 180+ messages ago:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=9899

It wouldn’t bother me at all if my name were to become obsolete. I won’t mind if Sam never says “Uh, sir” ever again, just as long as she’s saying “Uh, Jack” instead.

Comment

I thought that's where you'd got your name from!

Spooky...maybe I'm pyschic...we have had them in the family in the past!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey there Ship family

Just spent the evening sorting out outfits for the weding am going to at the weekend. What a palava! I hate dressing up, but finaly found something thanks to my fab mumsie

Any hoooo just been catching up on all the ship goodness! The AT interview is all relative! Read into it what you will but I see it as positive coments, but maybe thats my rose tinted glasses again! Each to their own I say, and I take back my negative comments about character bashing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was wrong to say people should keep their thoughts to their selves, I have realised it adds to the banter in this thread making it a more interesting place. So banter away

With regards to the lack of ship in season 9, while it would be fab to see it, as long as its not killed off all together Im not gonna stop watching it. SG1 is a great prog in its self and the S/J ship just makes it better. I can make do with hints of ship and some fic in the mean time

So Sam and Jack always

Comment

I thought that's where you'd got your name from!

Spooky...maybe I'm pyschic...we have had them in the family in the past!
                      Which? Spookies or psychics?
                      Prepare to enter the Twilight Zone…
                      I can believe psychic. My mother and I seem to know what each other is thinking quite often. We live 400 miles apart!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                        I can't bear the thought of anyone dying in Stargate..not the regulars. And I can't bear the thought that Sam and Jack might not end up together. They've both been through so much pain and death and loss in their lives, and had so little chance of happiness with each other, it would be too wrong to rob them of the years together they deserve. I love angst, but Sam/Jack dying, and them not being together is too much angst, even for me
                        Me too!
                        Originally posted by michelleb
                        As for the perception of Sam as weak if involved in ship (not in reference to AT's article but in reference to the general perception of non-shippers)..
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it shows her in a worse light to have her accepting a proposal (wearing a girly pink suit!) from a man who see her as some sort of space-bimbo superhero than to have her loving a man who knows and loves and accepts her for who she is..Sam Carter, genius and soldier, not Samantha, ditzy, pink wearing girly girl.

But at least she came to her senses and dumped Pete. Now she just has to realise who she's really meant to be with.
                        Oh, I think she has. She looked very contented
                        Spoiler:
                        sitting on the dock with Jack at his cabin!

Originally posted by UhSir
                        Thinkin' is what I've been doing a lot of, and I'm about to lose it, go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, WACKO!

So couple
                        Spoiler:
                        what AT said
                        with the scene in Avalon
                        Spoiler:
                        where Jack is talking to Landry and says “I had to sign the papers to my house, and my car…motorcycle…” Not “my motorcycle” just “motorcycle.”
                        Oh yeah, I’ve been doing a whole lot of thinking about that.

I hate to set my expectations too high, because I always set them way higher than I should, but here’s what I expect
                        Spoiler:
                        one of those phone calls to be:

SAM: All settled?
                        JACK: Pretty much.
                        SAM: Was there room in the garage for my motorcycle?
                        JACK: Yep.It’s covered up and locked down, safe as a bug in a rug.
                        SAM: Uh, Jack…
                        JACK: Sam, I would never dare ride your bike.

Waaaayyyy too much thinking about this.
                        Love this post.....and your proposed scene for our pair. But you don't have to confess to being crazy to be here. We knew that when you arrived! It takes one to spot one, you know!!!!!

Yes---me too! Waaaayyyy too much thinking about this.

Comment

UhSir - well...my mum and I live under the same roof, but I get what you mean!!!! Freaky!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                            Definitely too cliche. I've got a better one for you (I tried to reply earlier but Gateworld ate my post )...

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." Slow, sexy, and perfect for S&J.
                            Lyrics
                            Thank you so much! I'm going to go and get the song now - I've never heard the song before (that I've known of) so I get excited with completely new songs.

Comment

Thanks SueKay

I found it, read it and am torn both poss and neg by what she said.

AT didn't mention if Sam and Jack are 'presently' together or if this would be revealed sooner or later. She mentioned zip, notta, nothing, no hint of a RST between the two characters. She had every opportunity to throw us a bone.

She gave the reason why she left and it wasn't for Jack . Plus the fact, maybe not in these exact words, that playing the angst between Sam and Jack was fun but got to be a bit too much.
                              That's not her fault, it's the writers. They could have wrote RST seasons ago but dragged it out which earned high ratings but also stressed the shippers, angered the non shippers and bored the actors.

I'm still holding a little hope that TPTB will surprise us with an acknowledgement of RST. They did with the
                              Spoiler:
                              surprise conversation between Cam and Sam
                              . I know I didn't expect to see her.

On the positive side, I can't wait until we see soldier Sam back in action again. I'm glad that the technobabble will be tuned down. It wouldn't be the same anyway without Jack there showing his confused look .

Poz

ps: to all those who remember. It's been a year..today

Comment

(((((Poz))))))

Are you okay? If you need to talk, drop me a PM...I might not answer right away as I'm about to head to bed, but feel free to PM me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X