This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girlgater
    I don't think Sam would be willing to share Jack either--I know I wouldn't. The romantic side of me hopes that Jack and Laira didn't have a child; I'd like Sam to give him kids instead.

It's kinda hard to post while working (haha) without getting caught except I love the new virtual desktop feature that microsoft has (but use Firefox for browsing). It allows me to pop between desktops and no one is the wiser.
    And that right there explains better than I could the joy of working from home...

I am my own boss so the only person that might be irritated at me for spending too much time dissecting the Sam/Jack relationship...IS ME!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Spudmeister...Mr. Spudly...the Spudster... ALL PETE!

For the record though, I see why Sam was attracted to him.

Sorry shippers, I know I'm in the minority here but I think that David DeLuise is simply gorgeous...those eyes alone are enough to melt me down!

Other than his ever so slight tendancy to stalk, he is a keeper (just not for Sam)...

I'll let you have that point, MB cos the world is full of many and varied people, and there's someone for everyone

But like you said, definitely not for Sam! Sam needs her rda of Jack O'Neill
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        I'm sure at the end of the ep it was said that another SG team would be stationed on Edora for a while to help the people rebuild etc, so MHO is that if she was pregnant, Jack would have known.

As for timing - since when do babies do anything to order? At either end of the 9 months

Sorry to be such a downer about this, but I really can't stand the idea of that woman having Jack's child ... maybe its just jealousy
        Imagine if she hadn't had any integrity...Teal'c would more than likely have died of suffocation and no one on earth would have made another second attempt.

Laira would have had him all to herself and Sam would have had to deal with the pain from really losing Jack.

Thankfully though, she was an honorable woman...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

And that right there explains better than I could the joy of working from home...

I am my own boss so the only person that might be irritated at me for spending too much time dissecting the Sam/Jack relationship...IS ME!
          And as I have no boss either, the only people to get annoyed at me are .... the kids! I cut into their game time But if there's a word my kids are familiar with, it's TOUGH

Well, when the sun's shining and its a beautiful day, that's what the green is for! (for those non-native GBers out there, that's a nice big piece of grass half way down the street for the kids to play on )
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, Laira saw what a great guy he was and did her best to hold onto him. You can't fault her for that. I would have thought that if he was really commited to her he would have gone back to Edora. Instead...he stayed on Earth (with Sam).
            -girlgater

Comment

Imagine if she hadn't had any integrity...Teal'c would more than likely have died of suffocation and no one on earth would have made another second attempt.

Laira would have had him all to herself and Sam would have had to deal with the pain from really losing Jack.

Thankfully though, she was an honorable woman...
              Mmmmm who only waited a few HOURS to tell Jack that she THOUGHT there MIGHT have been a noise coming from his radio.

Honourable my *** Personally, I think it was a guilty concience - she didn't want Teal'c's death on her hands cos she knew Jack wouldn't forgive her.

I think for once we'll have to agree to disagree MB
              sigpic

Comment

First, thanks everyone for your kind words regarding my sig!!!

Second, I think that more than likely Laira DID become pregnant (as I recall, she was timing so that their night would give her a child). I don't believe TPTB will revisit this story though...so it'll have to be resolved in Fanfic...

And regarding the Spudmeister...why not include him in the mix? Rather than a love triangle with just Jack/Laira/Sam, why not...

A LOVE SQUARE???

*slams head on desk* Can you imagine what would go on in this thread if TPTB gave us a love SQUARE?
                Originally posted by girlgater
                Did an SGC team ever go back to that planet? Surely someone would have passed on the word had she been pregnant.
                No, Laira wasn't watching where she was walking one day and fell into a deep dark plot hole.

Ugh, I have a major allergy attack, so I think I'm gonna curl up with a shippy episode when I get home. Any suggestions?
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

And as I have no boss either, the only people to get annoyed at me are .... the kids! I cut into their game time But if there's a word my kids are familiar with, it's TOUGH

Well, when the sun's shining and its a beautiful day, that's what the green is for! (for those non-native GBers out there, that's a nice big piece of grass half way down the street for the kids to play on )
                  I'm the boss (technically speaking) here at work, but I still have to keep up appearances. At home I have to compete for dial-up time with my teenage boys which can be quite fun. Most of the time I'm either on early @ home, or late at night. My husband tolerates it well as he is a S/J shipper too. He's computer illiterate and can't understand what I get out of sharing my thoughts with other shippers, but he's ok with it.
                  -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                    *slams head on desk* Can you imagine what would go on in this thread if TPTB gave us a love SQUARE?

No, Laira wasn't watching where she was walking one day and fell into a deep dark plot hole.

Ugh, I have a major allergy attack, so I think I'm gonna curl up with a shippy episode when I get home. Any suggestions?
                    I know what you mean about a love square - I thought that was hysterical when MB posted it - I've only just stopped laughing I can almost hear the ambulance sirens! 999/911 would be very busy that day

Ep Recs: Er - any but 100 days

For a pick me up, I always go for WoO - lmao funny and shippy
                    For angst, it's Entity or BtS
                    For good old ship, D&C every time

Whaddya mean is S4 my favourite ?*innocent look*
                    sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm who only waited a few HOURS to tell Jack that she THOUGHT there MIGHT have been a noise coming from his radio.

Honourable my *** Personally, I think it was a guilty concience - she didn't want Teal'c's death on her hands cos she knew Jack wouldn't forgive her.

I think for once we'll have to agree to disagree MB
                      I don't think she waited hours...Teal'c wouldn't have survived if that were the case...he only had 4 hours of air to begin with and she heard Carter counting down the shut down, which would have been 38 minutes later.

And I caught you on this one, Oma-1! She didn't know Teal'c was there. All she heard was Carter saying "15 seconds til shut down...," etc. Although there's no way she could have known exactly what was going on, although she clearly grasped the reality that some sort of rescue mission was in place or at the very least, earth was trying to contact him.

Granted, she waited a little while before telling him because she didn't want to face the possibility of losing him...but you can see the conflict in her eyes a little bit later (not sure how long though) while Jack's telling tales of Minnesota.

So on the one hand she doesn't want to lose him but she told him the truth because she had integrity, and knew she couldn't live with knowing she got him by nefarious means.

That's my take on it.

By the way I take back what I said earlier. There's no way she could have been pregnant...Jack along with others from earth met with her and their leadership regarding the treaty between their two worlds. Now as dense as Jack can be at times, I'm fairly certain he would have noticed a massive bulging belly...

Comment

I don't think she waited hours...Teal'c wouldn't have survived if that were the case...he only had 4 hours of air to begin with and she heard Carter counting down the shut down, which would have been 38 minutes later.
                        He heeee discussion is fun isn't it

The SGC were worried that Teal'c wouldn't have enough time to break through the naquadah that had solidified round the gate in the time he had, and as Jack only got there as T was breaking through, must have been a good, long, while. Aside from that, she said "earlier, while you were in the fields" not, " a few mintues ago" or went to find him in the fields straight away cos it could have been important.

And I caught you on this one, Oma-1! She didn't know Teal'c was there. All she heard was Carter saying "15 seconds til shut down...," etc. Although there's no way she could have known exactly what was going on
                        I'm magnanimous I'll agree she didn't know T was there, but like you said

although she clearly grasped the reality that some sort of rescue mission was in place or at the very least, earth was trying to contact him.
                        If she really loved him, I probably wouldn't have so much of problem with her, but if she had really loved him, she would have put his needs above hers. She knew how much he was missing home and should have told him much much sooner.

Granted, she waited a little while before telling him because she didn't want to face the possibility of losing him...but you can see the conflict in her eyes a little bit later (not sure how long though) while Jack's telling tales of Minnesota.
                        GUILT!

So on the one hand she doesn't want to lose him but she told him the truth because she had integrity, and knew she couldn't live with knowing she got him by nefarious means.

That's my take on it.
                        At the risk of repeating myself (like that's ever been a problem ) ... GUILT ...although I like nefarious

By the way I take back what I said earlier. There's no way she could have been pregnant...Jack along with others from earth met with her and their leadership regarding the treaty between their two worlds. Now as dense as Jack can be at times, I'm fairly certain he would have noticed a massive bulging belly...

PHEW! She wasn't pregant! YAY!!! *does happy dance*

Love ya MB

*grumbles* just can't stand that Laira woman ...
                        Last edited by Oma-1; 11 April 2005, 01:18 PM. Reason: i really should check for typos before I post :o
                        sigpic

Comment

He heeee discussion is fun isn't it

The SGC were worried that Teal'c wouldn't have enough time to break through the naquadah that had solidified round the gate in the time he had, and as Jack only got there as T was breaking through, must have been a good, long, while. Aside from that, she said "earlier, while you were in the fields" not, " a few mintues ago" or went to find him in the fields straight away cos it could have been important.

I'm magnanimous I'll agree she didn't know T was there, but like you said

If she really loved him, I probably wouldn't have so much of problem with her, but if she had really loved him, she would have put his needs above hers. She knew how much he was missing home and should have told him much much sooner.

GUILT!

At the risk of repeating myself (like that's ever been a problem ) ... GUILT ...although I like nefarious

PHEW! She wasn't pregant! YAY!!! *does happy dance*

Love ya MB

*grumbles* just can't stand that Laira woman ...
                          Well then thankfully, she had enough of a CONSCIENCE (from which she felt GUILT) that would not allow her to have Jack for herself if it meant keeping from him the fact that others were trying to reach him (one might attach that to integrity, but I digress ).

You're probably closer to the time thing, though, because Teal'c only had 4 hours of oxygen to begin with, then she heard Carter 38 minutes later as the gate was shutting down...so how long between her hearing Sam and her letting Jack know about the radio? Heaven only knows. Probably closer to 2 or 3 hours...

But put yourself in her shoes. Would you let go of Jack that easily yourself? (well, I guess I would because he belongs with someone else)

I feel for her loss. She knew she would probably lose him but told him the truth anyway because it was the right thing to do *cough integrity cough*

Comment

Well then thankfully, she had enough of a CONSCIENCE (from which she felt GUILT) that would not allow her to have Jack for herself if it meant keeping from him the fact that others were trying to reach him (one might attach that to integrity, but I digress ).
                            ROFLMAO! I'll go out on a limb for ya, ok infintesimally small integrity , lots of GUILTY CONSCIENCE

You're probably closer to the time thing, though, because Teal'c only had 4 hours of oxygen to begin with, then she heard Carter 38 minutes later as the gate was shutting down...so how long between her hearing Sam and her letting Jack know about the radio? Heaven only knows. Probably closer to 2 or 3 hours...

But put yourself in her shoes. Would you let go of Jack that easily yourself? (well, I guess I would because he belongs with someone else)
                            Er ..... no. Your point?

I feel for her loss. She knew she would probably lose him but told him the truth anyway because it was the right thing to do *cough integrity cough*

I hope you're not trying to make me like her!!! I have to be forgiving in RL and with my GW family but when it comes to fictional characters I don't have to be anything of the sort! (or to be exact, this character in particular who is #2 on my hate list - only Kinsey beats her )

Anyway, at least we agree on the important things ....

SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER AND NEVER TO PART

(sorry, had a Kylie and Jason moment there )
                            sigpic

Comment

*looks around quickly*

Erm MB? Do you think we scared everyone away?

Oooooops
                              sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO! I'll go out on a limb for ya, ok infintesimally small integrity , lots of GUILTY CONSCIENCE

Anyway, at least we agree on the important things ....

SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER AND NEVER TO PART

(sorry, had a Kylie and Jason moment there )
                                We'll ALWAYS agree on that one!!!

How did you feel about Narim (Enigma/Pretense/Between two Fires).

I mean he still might be alive you know! Just because the radio transmission died doesn't mean he did as well...

He could still be out there pining for Sam!

Comment

Working...
                                X