This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plague
    It's clearer now on the point of view of Jack's life. I agree to that as well. To be honest, they did cover up Sam's life as well didn't they? Like the way all those guys showing their interest in her and also a couple of episodes of her getting kidnapped (once by civilians and once in Prometheus) and then in Season 7 & 8, episodes of her in Prometheus and also her & pete. So basically after Jack falling in love with Sam and turning down Freya (who is a hot chick for Tok'Ra by the way), they couldn't make any more personal connections for him with any other women... So only way to show his feelings is in Sam's situations. That's what you are saying right?? I agree to that as well.

But I am still a bit confused about her thinking too much about saying Yes to the trip to the lake. Because in Season 8, she was the one who was pushing it and he was trying to hide from it. Maybe he was questioning himself or the feelings, or maybe something else was there. But in Season 8, she was more than willing to go on and I guess she must have wanted to take the risk. And finally they did go to the lake for fishing would have been a symbolic response that she was willing to take the risk & so was he. I'm just guessing here so feel free to point out your facts & thoughts.

I got the impression that you are thinking a lot more than i'm doing. I mean I was just answering the first question about feelings for Sam BEFORE season 7, and think that she has some, and that we can't say that she lacks of feelings because we see less Sam moments than Jack moments in the ship. Then of course there are other guys and girls but hey, that's a show, they have to keep us watching that's what I was saying. then season 8 I haven't even thought about that. I was just thinking in term of season 1 to 6 cause after well, like everything the relationship and the way the characters are treated evolve. So I think we are just on different levels of interpretation but both are ok. I think there are not good or bad answers, it's all a question of interpretation and of sensibility.

but I didn't want to say at all that the only way for Jack to show his feelings was in Sam's situations...not at all...I don't really see the link but that's ok, my english is a little confusing sometimes...especially when the thought is confused was just saying they accentuate more Jack stories regarding his feelings (for Sam or not, ex : Abyss) than Sam's and of course they did some Sam stories but it was just an observation regarding the ship treatment, but once again I think the rejection to the invitation have nothing to do with the lack of feelings...hesitation, fear of something that could hapen, certainly but abscence of feelings, I don't think so. You don't act the way she acts for 6 seasons with NO feelings at all...and I hear you...she is her friend, she respects him and like him like she does with Daniel...no way , my shipper heart says that those eyes do not look at him like with Daniel and this is before season7
    Last edited by lonely_star; 11 August 2005, 12:19 PM.

Comment

WELCOME SHIPAHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you decided to delurk!

That's an impressive list! I need to update mines as I forgot quite a few!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

well something is sure after this "discussion" !! I'm a shipper !!!!

I find ship in everything...even lack of Sam moments and BTW that was a very interesting question ! I'll have to think more about it...by myself I know I'm kinda hard to follow when I begin !! lol

SUEKAY !!!!
        I'm gonna kick you b*** more often if you post a new chapter each time !!!!!!!!!!YAY !! you rock !!! I'm off to read your fic right now !!!!!!!

Cathain you'd better do the same soon !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          sueKay presents...

In Between the Threads - Chapter 10 - In Between the lines 2
          Based DIRECTLY on Threads.

Read and review please!!!!!!
          well Suekay, no surprise here....I liked it
          I'm glad you posted this new chapter and I hope you're working on the next one It was so short for such an hungry shipper like me !! LOL

wow I who do not post often, I have posted for weeks tonite ! I'm gonna hibern with the pinguins in Atlantica now... see ya later folks !

Comment

I did see some sort of connection between both of them since the beginning of the show. That's how I became a Shipper in the first place. And that's why I'm kind of sad of Jack leaving the show because I wanted a Fairy Tale Ending to the Ship. And I hope I'll get one before the show gets shut down. After watching all the episodes again & again, I started to see some flaws in her emotions and that's why I raised the question. Especially the way she reacted in 2010 episode (see my comment in my initial post. I updated the post). I hated that episode by the way. I also disliked all the episodes with guys who were hitting on Sam unless they DIE in that episode.

By the way, I see people posting their fiction stories here. I want to share the story I read in the Fanfiction website which I thought is really cool and close to be a real episode. To other writers... I'm not dissing your stories as I read a lot of them. But some of the stories I read are more fictional even for a fiction TV show. Story should suit the flow of the story and also must match the characters in the show. I felt that in this story. So if you want, have a read through this story.

REALITIES APART

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
              So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of...
              I agree. Subtle flirting is really all they CAN do, given the reg's.

Personally, I think Sam is way more conflicted than Jack. SHE'S the one who's worried about appearances, worried about her career, worried about having her heart broken (AGAIN), and worried that she's not "relationship material." In Grace, when Jacob tells her she deserves to love someone and be loved in return, she breaks down. This, to me, says she feels she DOESN'T deserve this kind of love...just another reason for her to keep Jack at arm's length. She's in love with him, but she'd rather keep him as a friend than lose him as a lover.

Jack, IMO, is an open book. His feelings for Sam are right there, very close to the surface. He said it in Grace: "Let's face it; I'm not that complex." His restraint, it seems, is more out of respect for Sam than for the reg's (which he probably never cared about in the first place) or his career (which has already ended in retirement...twice!) But he sees how conflicted Sam is, and would never ask her to give up her career or commit to anything she isn't sure about. So he just keeps waiting for her to decide what she wants.

In other words, I think the whole ship hinges on whether or not Sam can conquer her issues of unworthiness and sort out her priorities. If her personal happiness ever supercedes her career-driven life, she'll go be with Jack in a heartbeat. Not until she's ready, though...and judging by the end of S8, I think she's nearly there.

And yes, 8 years is a looooooong time to sit on the fence...but everybody's got to do things their own way, in their own time. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Thus concludes another of ST-1's half-baked S/J Ship Theories.

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                Oh majorsal I LOVED scarecrow and mrs king!!! Lee and Amanda were great! I spent a year au pairing in New York when I was 18 (scary how long ago that is now!!) and videoed all the episodes I could to bring home coz it wasn't on over here then!
                As for Mulder and Scully I avidly watched the X Files until DD left and then I stopped, totally missing the resolution of their ship ....that's why I'm gonna have to carry on watching sg1 as I couldn't bear to miss Jack and Sam's ship sailing in!

ps - anyone wanna fill me in on how the mulder/scully ship was played out? I know it's OT but how about a pic of j&s as advance compensation!

In the Truth ( very shippy ) we had a big Honking kiss in Mulder's cell ( He was in jail) and it was a long kiss ..then we also had the scene where he grabbed Scully 's hand and put it next to his heart still in Mulder's jail . Right at the end they are both in a motel room in Roswell ..the same motel as the pilote episode where Scully had to take her clothes off to show her lower back to Mulder ( Mosquito bites) but this time in "the Truth ", they talk, she is lying on the bed with her towelling robe on ..Mulder is sitting on the floor with his back against the bed ..he turns around to face her ...grabs her golden cross ...and then rubs his thumb on scully 's lips ..she kisses his thumb ( very nicely done and emotional) then he climbs on the bed , lies down next to her facing each other with one leg over her body ..and they cuddle ... he says "There is always hope" and fade to blacK ..really , really nice scene ..I'll try to get the pics for you

Now do you think that Stargate TPTB will be able to do something similar for Sam and Jack ???!!!I doubt it !!! but "There is always hope " LOL

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                  crossed.

(((Caty)))
                  Never got into JAG after season 1... just could never accept the fact that a lawyer continually saved the day (no offence to lawyers out there). That's why Stargate and sci-fi are so great. Blowing up suns and glow worm enemies are just tangible in Sci-fi. Saving the world never gets old, no matter what the situation.

In regards to shippyness and its lack of expression, it'll probably never happen between Sam and Jack in the show (in our lifetime anyway), not when the USAF endorses the show (Damn!). It does however, allow us viewers and shipper to read between the lines and examine the what ifs. The results are some really brilliant fanfics.

Have a great weekend kids

Great shippy moment btw:
                  Spoiler:
                  in The Light, in the opening credits when Sam and Jack are discussing his bet with Daniel, right before the guy goes 'whoosh' surfing. Great chemisty.
                  don't know if that was mentioned before. Cheers.

JAG got interesting after season 1 with the arrival of Mac . I stopped taping season 1 because it is a little boring for me ..I like the chemistry with Harm and Mac ..specially since they had a pact about their relationship . Then you can read between the lines too but at least they can talk about their feelings about each other openly . ..and there are some really funny episodes .

Now does any of you watch NCIS ?
                  If yes , what do you think about Tony /Kate ..isn't it a really interesting case of Love / hate relationship between the 2 of them ..It's so funny They make me laugh so much

Sam and Jack ..well what can I say!! ...It was really good but I got tired of it in season 8 . Let's say " very little , too late " and the ship should have been resolved properly on screen before the new show ( season 9 ) started .I have a feeling that it's now too late to see anything else between Sam and Jack on screen because season 9 is not for them . The new show is attracting new fans and the show is directed to them not to the old dedicated fans ( mostly regarding the old ship) . We see Daniel with a new ship in season 9 .. I even think that we won't see Ishta with teal'c in season 9 because it's an old ship ..and it seems like TPTB is going for new ship all the way .

Caty :

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                    I know I was just extrapoliate a little ...too much
                    you're damned right !!! and I have a soltuion for them !! a BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!!
                    totally agree .... BIG HONKING KISS ...in RL

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      JAG got interesting after season 1 with the arrival of Mac . I stopped taping season 1 because it is a little boring for me ..I like the chemistry with Harm and Mac ..specially since they had a pact about their relationship . Then you can read between the lines too but at last they can talk about their feelings about each other openly to each other . ..and there are some really funny episodes .

Now does any of you watch NCIS ?
                      If yes , what do you think about Tony /Kate ..isn't it a really interesting case of Love / hate relationship between the 2 of them ..It's so funny They make me laugh so much

Sam and Jack ..well what can I say!! ...It was really good but I got tired of it in season 8 . Let's say " very little , too late " and the ship should have been resolved properly on screen before the new show ( season 9 ) started .I have have a feeling that it's now too late to see anything else between Sam and Jack on screen because season 9 is not for them . The new show is attracting new fans and the show is directed to them not to the od dedicated fans mostly regarding the old ship . We see Daniel with a new ship in season 9 .. I even think that we won't see Ishta with teal'c in season 9 because it's an old ship ..and it seems like TPTB is going for new ship all the way .

Caty :
                      I personally didn't like Mac's character as she was a bit (don't want to insult) out-of-control when it comes to guys. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't she have an affair with her CO in that? And she still wasn't court marshalled and I was wondering how Jack & Sam have that problem between them. I did like the chemistry between Harm & Mac but they just move on to other guys or girls automatically. Jack & Sam didn't move on... Atleast Jack didn't until Sam got engaged with Pete. So Harm & Mac cannot be compared with Jack & Sam.

And in NCIS, Kate & Tony does have some chemistry but both of them doesn't seem like a Shipper couple to me. Infact, Kate was the one who was helping Tony with "Jessica Steen" in Season 1. I think they are more like brother/sister friendship than flirting type.

I agree in Season 8, Jack & Sam were getting a bit over-rated but it was the only thing left for me in Season 8. I preferred to watch the episodes where it had something between them than the other stories they had in Season 8. Season 9 is not worthy of watching for me at the moment. Not so excited to watch it immediately. Hope it will change with some of Jack/Sam episodes.

Comment

Oooooohhhhhh!

Today, Skiffy's running Solitudes!

S1 Shippy!

Shippy!

Shippy!!!

Let's go watch!!!!!

Comment

Okay...here's a collage I've made for S/J for my fic 'In Between the Threads'

sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                            I agree. Subtle flirting is really all they CAN do, given the reg's.

Personally, I think Sam is way more conflicted than Jack. SHE'S the one who's worried about appearances, worried about her career, worried about having her heart broken (AGAIN), and worried that she's not "relationship material." In Grace, when Jacob tells her she deserves to love someone and be loved in return, she breaks down. This, to me, says she feels she DOESN'T deserve this kind of love...just another reason for her to keep Jack at arm's length. She's in love with him, but she'd rather keep him as a friend than lose him as a lover.

Jack, IMO, is an open book. His feelings for Sam are right there, very close to the surface. He said it in Grace: "Let's face it; I'm not that complex." His restraint, it seems, is more out of respect for Sam than for the reg's (which he probably never cared about in the first place) or his career (which has already ended in retirement...twice!) But he sees how conflicted Sam is, and would never ask her to give up her career or commit to anything she isn't sure about. So he just keeps waiting for her to decide what she wants.

In other words, I think the whole ship hinges on whether or not Sam can conquer her issues of unworthiness and sort out her priorities. If her personal happiness ever supercedes her career-driven life, she'll go be with Jack in a heartbeat. Not until she's ready, though...and judging by the end of S8, I think she's nearly there.

And yes, 8 years is a looooooong time to sit on the fence...but everybody's got to do things their own way, in their own time. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Thus concludes another of ST-1's half-baked S/J Ship Theories.
                            I think this theory is pretty accurate and I agree that Sam is "nearly there" by the end of Season 8.

As for other ships, well currently Sam and Jack have made me a shipper again and I now see ship everywhere, especially 9th Doctor (Who)/Rose. I haven't seen JAG or Lost though

I was a shipper back in the 1980s (although I had no idea that it was called that then). I largely shipped for:

Maddie/David (Moonlighting)
                            Dempsey/Makepeace (from the show of the same name)

In the 1990's, it was:
                            Lois/Clark,
                            Will/Deanna,
                            Sheridan/Delenn (Babylon 5)
                            Ross/Rachel (to begin with and at the end-got lost somewhere in the middle)
                            Last edited by scjon; 11 August 2005, 02:45 PM.
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Nice work, sueKay!
                              By the way, just located this link on the RDA Thunk Thread. If it's bad manners to post it, please tell me, and I'll take it down. It's photos from Gatecon. I just wondered: Do we know any of these people? Are any of these people any of us?

http://cherie.apross.net/gallery/gc2005

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Okay...here's a collage I've made for S/J for my fic 'In Between the Threads'

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../inbetween.jpg
                                Beautiful collage sueKay!
                                always and forever
                                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Working...
                                X