X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More...

...again...

lol!

(Trivia - AT's a twin..her twin's called Stephen, and her husband calls her AT! (but it was from a french interview, so the translation may be off!))

Amanda about the Sam and Jack issue: They should never be together. Sure there's the potential for us to fall in love and definitely we're attracted to each other. And that's fine. But we also need to temper with the fact that it's not going anywhere. We had sort of a three episode arc where you actually see they admit that there's deeper feelings for each other. We leave it at, 'Okay, we finally admitted, we finally said it out loud. I love you, you love me. I would die for you, you would die for me. And not just because we are, you know, in the military.This is as far as it goes.

-------------------------------------

What Angeline Jolie said when she met AT - `Hi, I'm Angelina. I just really wanted to meet you.'

-------------------------------------

Question #11 from Samantha Fox: Of all the guys that you have kissed on the show who do you think was the best kisser and which scene was the best if you kissed them more than once?
    Happy birthday for the 28th. (Two days before mine) and good luck with your acting in the future. You really are an inspiration.
    Amanda: Happy birthday! (late) Richard ranks as one of all time great kissers in my life. (not as good as my husband, though!) He really is good. I think the scene at the end of Point of View, in which we had to do a number of takes….yeah tough job I've got, I know.

---------------------------------

Question #31 from Melissa: Amanda, what do you think the future is for Sam and Jack in season six.? Is there a possibility of them getting together?
    Amanda: Alas, no. There is not a chance of a fully realized relationship in season six. But, Rick and I have chosen to show moments between the characters. Sometimes it's just a look or a certain physicality that shows their feelings without saying anything and without it getting in the way of the team or their mission. They are too professional and committed to what they're doing to let a romance mess things up. But, you'll definitely see "shippy" moments.

---------------------------------------------

Question #35 from Fasola: Amanda, you joked about Richard Dean Anderson's MacGyver days when you were shooting Solitudes. Can you give any other examples of this kind of thing? And do other members of the cast also do this?
    Amanda: We keep the MacGyver jokes to a minimum. We just make fun of Richard now. He has a great sense of humour and is the first to laugh at himself. We usually walk away from him when he launches into some story about his past and now he's taken to chasing us down and saying "Hey, where are you going??? I wasn't finished!" In season one we hung off his every word. But we've learned a thing or two since then!

--------------------------------------

findogask44 in onstage1 asks: At last week's SFX convention, Michael Shanks said Sci Fi want another Sam/Jack kiss, and was surprised to find that most of us there preferred to keep the team as friends. How do you feel about this?

Amanda: I like the team as friends, I think that's what makes it work. If there was ever a relationship between Sam and Jack it wouldn't work with the team. We do have fun playing with that. We get to play it in alternate reality and that's fun, but in our reality it's not going to work. It's enough that they have addressed it.

------------------------------------------

Meg_744 in onstage1 asks: Hi Amanda, it's so great that you're here !! thanx a lot. I wondered do RDA and MS steal Abbie's dog biskuits? Meg *big hug*

Amanda: RDA has but MS no. I buy a special brand just for him.

(Note - I'm going to skip all the stuff...)

---------------------------------------------

GW: I read o*nline that there were several fans who refused to watch that show because Sam was involved with someone other than who they wanted her to be involved with. What are your thoughts o*n that?

AT: It's interesting, because I actually got some letters to that end saying, basically, that my character's integrity is completely out the window, and, "What the hell was I thinking." I think it's actually going to create some interesting tensions this year. But ultimately it's addressing "Grace." She harbors great depth of feeling for Colonel O'Neill, but because nothing can ever happen ... He's the o*ne who let her go. He says, "I'm a safe bet. You know you can't have me so you're just protecting your heart by, you know, hanging your hat o*n someone you can't have. So, let me go," is essentially what's said at the end of Grace.

And I think that that whole episode is her sort of rethinking her life and rethinking her choices, and I don't think that she's lost integrity. I don't think that her feelings for O'Neill are any less. I think she's just placed them in a different box, if you will. It was weird, I have to say, for her to hand her heart over to somebody else. But it's baby steps for her, and this is all new for her. And I think it's ultimately O'Neill who says, "You have to move o*n." And it's her father, too, who says, you know, "Don't give up your chance of love. You know, I would live my whole life over again even knowing that your mother's gonna die, I would do all that again." So it's her opening up her heart as opposed to actually -- it's been closed this whole time because she's, you know, been protecting it with thoughts of O'Neill, who she knows she can't have, so it opens her up.

------------------------------------

There are no links to the most recent AT interviews...so I'll look for them another time!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
      Have just watched The Lost City part 2 and got to the part where [spoiler
      Sam and Jack are sorting out the engines and Sam says to Jack ' Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up what I was gonna say was....' and Jack interrupts her with 'I know'. I was internally yelling (coz I didn't want to worry the neighbours!) Noooooooooo let her finish Jack!! I mean it's all very well that Jack seems to know what she was going to say but it would have been nice for the words to actually have been spoken. Surely a few words of overt ship would have been ok? BAH HUMBUG!!!!! [/spoiler]

Any ideas of what she was going say?
      Billie, without giving too much away from THREADS, I'd suspect she was
      Spoiler:
      about to spill her feelings for Jack. Basically, "I LOVE YOU!" And the reason he said, "I know." is because he did. He'd gone Ancient and they'd both confessed their feelings back in "Divide and Conquer". Jack appeared able to read minds. Just like he did later with Teal'c.

But I agree considering he'd retired right there, a lot could have been said between them for us romantics. I personally think that there was, but the fans never saw it. Remember how close they walked together when they exited the engine room.

Of course that scene made good fotter for us fic writers.
      Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
      Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
      Sam: "If you say so, sir."
      Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
      Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
      [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
        Spoiler:
        about to spill her feelings for Jack. Basically, "I LOVE YOU!" And the reason he said, "I know." is because he did. He'd gone Ancient and they'd both confessed their feelings back in "Divide and Conquer". Jack appeared able to read minds. Just like he did later with Teal'c.

But I agree considering he'd retired right there, a lot could have been said between them for us romantics. I personally think that there was, but the fans never saw it. Remember how close they walked together when they exited the engine room.

Thanks HailDorothy so well put - ever thought of taking up fic writing?!! Love yours btw!!
        I have to admit I am a complete and utterly hopeless romantic especially where Jack and Sam are concerned and would so love to have seen a proper 'lets talk about you and me' scene at some point, but then who knows maybe just maybe that's still to come. Until then I shall continue to lap up all the fantastic ship fic out there!

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
          Spoiler:

he could read minds?
          well i never knew that.
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
            he could read minds?
            well i never knew that.
            Hi, Hannah,

Well it's a theory at best and never been proven, but the topic came up among some of us fic writers.
            Spoiler:
            If you watch the scene later with Teal'c you'll see Jack quietly responds as if he knew what Teal'c wanted to say. Let's face it, the man healed a dying Bra'tac.
            So why not read minds?
            Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Okay kids...I have some BREAKING SHIPPER FAMILY NEWS!!!!!

I've just heard from the one and only...

MICHELLE B!!!!!!!

And I'm trying to coax her back here!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Hey people!
                This is my first visit here and I'm impressed with what I see! I'd forgotten how much I love Sam and Jack (I've been caught up in the whole Sheppard/Weir thing, since we have Atlantis on in Australia right now!)
                Can't wait for season nine, but l'll seriously miss both of them, Amanda for the first few eps and Richard for .. well ... pretty much the whole series! We can only hope he does a Michael Shanks and decides he wants to come back...... maybe.....

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                  Thanks HailDorothy so well put - ever thought of taking up fic writing?!! Love yours btw!!
                  I have to admit I am a complete and utterly hopeless romantic especially where Jack and Sam are concerned and would so love to have seen a proper 'lets talk about you and me' scene at some point, but then who knows maybe just maybe that's still to come. Until then I shall continue to lap up all the fantastic ship fic out there!
                  Hey, Billie. Ya made my Sunday! Wow, I'm glad you like my writing. As for taking it up I have, and the pay sucks But the personal enjoyment and the fact it's allowed me to meet so many awesome people like you, makes up for the small paycheck.
                  Always, HailDorothy

Comment

WELCOME ALYSSA!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Heya!

I noticed the piccy that I tried to post yesterday didn't appear, so it must be to do with directly linking from rdanderson.com...so thanks to Majorsal for pointing that out to me!

it's a rather fuzzy behind the scenes one from season one (i think)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...y/sdgggggg.jpg

thanks, suekay!

*i'm keeping the pic... any pic of sam and jack... any pic of at and rda... *

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Okay kids...I have some BREAKING SHIPPER FAMILY NEWS!!!!!

I've just heard from the one and only...

MICHELLE B!!!!!!!

And I'm trying to coax her back here!!!!!!!!
                        (((SUEKAY)))
                        Tell Michelle we miss her and hopes she decides to start posting again!
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Not a problem

Gave another excuse to look through all the RDA interviews too!!!!

Think I should post all the AT stuff I did today at Samanda????

Suz
                          sigpic

Comment

Bev- that's why I was asking Majorsal here and not there...I don't know many of the Samandans yet!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              Hey people!
                              This is my first visit here and I'm impressed with what I see! I'd forgotten how much I love Sam and Jack (I've been caught up in the whole Sheppard/Weir thing, since we have Atlantis on in Australia right now!)
                              WELCOME ABOARD ALYSSA!

I just arrived two weeks ago. I'm sure you'll love us. It's pretty smooth SJ SHIP sailing.

So post your heart out!
                              Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                                (((SUEKAY)))
                                Tell Michelle we miss her and hopes she decides to start posting again!
                                Already have done!!!

She lost her internet connection at the same time Moebius aired...so she get pretty peeved with TPTB and subsequently wasn't sure about coming back...

But...

she may make an appearance next weekend!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X