This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billie
    Thought I'd do another pic story to celebrate my 300th post!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js22.jpg
    This story’s about two precious souls

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js10.jpg
    Who yearned for the love we foretold

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ie/heroes3.jpg
    The looks that they shared

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ie/heroes5.jpg
    Showed us all how they cared

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../jacksam11.jpg
    And their kisses???… Oh a sight to behold!!
    Bravo on the story, Billie very nice indeed!! Congrats on 300 posts

Comment

ALOHA SHIPPERS!!!!!!!

(((((Caty))))))

I think that it needed to be done...the deletion of the clips...

But I cannot WAIT for your LOST videos...After I've seen the pilot I'll d/l your first vid!

Anywho...There's an anti S/J thread...maybe it's time for an anti D/V thread!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Okay...I know we've done this countless times...but I think we need (yet) another list of baby names!

Names I like
        Grace
        Elizabeth (dammit...that's weir's name)
        Joanne

Scott
        Jacob
        Jon

Not imaginative but...

Oh and some good Scots names

John (sounded Ian in gaelic (don't ask...)
        Siobhan (shyvonne)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
          I agree with your entire post, but for myself, I fell asleep during SG1 Friday night and woke up when Battlestar started. I've been a fan for 9 years now-and I fell asleep. That's how boring it's gotten. Glad I taped it. I was able to watch it later and yes, I could have fallen asleep again! I hope Amanda can make a difference when she returns.
          I keep falling asleep too.
          I can stay awake for Firefly - loved it the first time I saw it and it has Adam Balwin, aka Col. Dixon, aka Jane.
          I can stay awake for Battle star Galactica - great writing.
          The Daniel and Vala show puts me into a coma.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Talking of names ..... Billie - did you pick a name for your cat yet?????

My husband is saying if we have a boy he wants to call him Joel or Jack. I had to use my veto vote (long story ) on Joel ..... and then I said "When I tell the other shippers his name I'm making it very clear that you chose the name!!!" I DO actually have an RL

Course, this is all speculation cos it'll probably be a girl anyway
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              Talking of names ..... Billie - did you pick a name for your cat yet?????

My husband is saying if we have a boy he wants to call him Joel or Jack. I had to use my veto vote (long story ) on Joel ..... and then I said "When I tell the other shippers his name I'm making it very clear that you chose the name!!!" I DO actually have an RL

Course, this is all speculation cos it'll probably be a girl anyway
              Just don't tell the thunkers...you'll never hear the end of it! 'She's naming her son Jack!' 'Oh, we know who picked that name' 'maybe she was using telepathy on him!'

Just kidding, I don't think we're that bad...

Comment

For Sam and Jack's kids I've gone the now traditional Grace & Jacob in my fic The First of May. And spoilers for two of my not yet finished fics I've used Carrie Marie and Jessica. For no particular reason, they just sounded right in the stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                  I keep falling asleep too.
                  I can stay awake for Firefly - loved it the first time I saw it and it has Adam Balwin, aka Col. Dixon, aka Jane.
                  I can stay awake for Battle star Galactica - great writing.
                  The Daniel and Vala show puts me into a coma.
                  I decided to skip this past ep and the next. Sad to say, I really didn't miss it.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Okay...yesterday was the trawl through the RDA interviews...

Now...for the AT interviews...

(All from amandatapping.com)

On RDA - "He read a line (at her final audition) and asked me, 'What do ya think, babe? You don't mind if I call you babe?' I said, 'No, if you don't mind if I call you Dick.'

------------------------------------

Amanda Tapping: What's it like to work with Richard Dean Anderson? It's great

Amanda Tapping about Richard Dean Anderson: He sets the tone on we all came here we didn't know. We didn't know what he would be like. You know, is he gonna be this egomaniacal (in tags for swearing)
                    Spoiler:
                    or... what... no, he's lovely. He really is. So I think
                    we're all very lucky.

-----------------------------------

Amanda Tapping: It is testosterone fest, I'm your happy estrogen bubble. That's me.

-----------------------------------

Steady supply of greenback aside, what made Tapping want the part so badly? "I loved the character," she explains. "She's a fully realized human being, without having to state anything. The mistake, if you will, that I think we made at the beginning of the series was making her too much of a hard-nosed feminist trying to prove herself in a man's world. I just think that's a really tired argument. Being a woman, I certainly understand the gender war, but I think pulling the old sexual organ argument out of the bag was not the way to go."

----------------------------------------

As Carter is characterized as married to her job, are there plans in the works to give her some kind of personal life? "I hope so," Tapping laughs. "'Cause right now, she's a very singular woman. It's important to me that Carter have a love interest. It's important that we see something of her life, because we know a lot about everyone else's life [on the show] outside of Stargate."

"I love camping. That's my happy place. And I do make great cookies,"

from a yahoo chat

Question from DaguconRathsackStuff: Amanda... Is working with Richard Dean Anderson great? Is he as good looking in person as he is on the screen?
                    Amanda Tapping: He's better looking in person! He is absolutely charming and it is truly a privilege to work with someone who has had as much experience as he has, and is as generous.

(before you read this - don't worry - she's a shipper now!)
                    Question from rda23: Hi Amanda. Do you think anything will happen romantically between Carter and O'Neill this season?
                    Amanda Tapping: No. I think that it would work against the show and against our characters, and against the military, seeing that he is my commanding officer. I don't think the Air Force would be too impressed.

RDA on AT - She has to endure the machismo that runs rampant around here. I mean, except for my sensitive, feminine - you know I'm in touch with my feminine side, so she and I are like, bonded, as women. (Amanda is laughing) She's blonde, brunette, and a red-head. (Amanda laughs even more)

--------------------------------------

Another (strange) ship comment - "Jack is like - and I know this is going to sound really weird - the older cousin that Sam really admires and maybe has a small crush on, but I won't dwell on that. I don't want the viewers to think, 'Oh, they're sleeping together,' or anything like that because that's not going to happen, at least not that I know of anyway. I'm not writing the scripts, so who knows?"

-------------------------------------------

TRIVIA - Amanda LOVES Coronation Street!

Can you explain the infamous Kiss photo posted on the web?

LOL! That was just Rick and I goofing around. It was not part of a particular episode. The photographer was there; we made a joke about the Paparazzi, so we just got goofy.

In 'Solitudes' was the side arm lined in the script or in an ad-libbed?
                    It was actually in the script, which is kudos to our writer for picking up on our senses of humor.

Have you ever been hurt on the set?
                    Yes, I got a concussion in Season 1 and a small explosion went off in my face during Season 1. I was supposed to run past and the bomb would go off, but we had a happy trigger finger happening. I wasn't seriously hurt. Just a minor spotting on my face. (((((AT))))

I'm sure you're aware that many fans think Sam and Jack make a good pair - if circumstances were different, do you think they would get involved?
                    I think there's definitely an attraction between them, and I think that's only natural - partly because of the amount of time they spend together, and partly because their similarities -- but, circumstances being what they are, there's very little hope. I think there's definitely times throughout the series wherein they acknowledge the attraction - subtle as it may be.

It may have indeed, as Tapping's input is evident. "Carter finds O'Neill really funny. I would like to see more of that. I would like to see more of her just reacting like a normal human being would, when they hear something off the cuff, and sort of non sequitur-ish." Case in point, during a serious moment in the episode "Solitudes," Carter is bedding down beside a half-frozen O'Neill, when she looks up at him suddenly. "It's my sidearm,' he says weakly. "I swear." Laughing, Carter allows herself a small respite from an awkward and tense situation.

The third season (segments airing on Showtime before their later syndicated run) contains plenty of pivotal episodes for the Major. In "Point of View"," Tapping plays two Carters. "We're confronted with the alternate reality Carter," she explains. "What would have happened if she hadn't gone into the military? Who would she have fallen in love with? It was a really interesting thing to flesh out, but it also made Sam aware of the possibilities as well. Everything that they give me opens her up more."

More coming in a moment!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Okay...yesterday was the trawl through the RDA interviews...

Now...for the AT interviews...
                      Great job, sueK, thanks for posting these here. Same goes for RDA's interviews yesterday. I love to hear what the actors actually think about each other and their characters. Thanks again.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

A rather intriguing snippet

With a career this hectic, has Tapping considered a family? With only a husband and a dog, surely the next step would be children. "It's a consideration. For me, I would never want Carter to be pregnant. I don't think that it works for that character to be pregnant. So if I were to get pregnant, it would have to be either shoot the Gillian Anderson way, where you shoot around it and pretend it doesn't exist, or try to time it. It's not something at this point that I can even think about doing. We shoot 14/15 hours a day, five days a week. I would either be a terrible mom or a terrible actress or more than likely both, and if I do have children, I just want to be a phenomenal mom. And I know that I couldn't be a phenomenal mom doing Stargate."

I'm relieved she's reconsidered that point!

Another ship one (as with the above...glad she's reconsidered!)

Amanda's also well aware of the fan interest in her onscreen relationship with Colonel O'Neill. 'In the third season I kiss Richard Dean Anderson. They're trying to play up the sexual tension between our two characters and Richard and I enjoy it immensely because we know it's not going anywhere between Sam and Jack. It can't because it will destroy the cohesiveness of the team. But, we get to play it out in alternative realities, so it's still a lot of fun.'

There's a striking contrast between Amanda and her on-screen character; she's a lot warmer and smiles with disarming ease. 'I wish she would laugh more,' she sighs. 'It's funny because I do, you know, but they cut it out a lot. I laugh at Colonel O'Neill, I laugh at his jokes and they often cut that out and I just think, 'Show it! Show there's a real warm, thiking passion between these four main characters.' Because with some of the situations we're in, I think it's important to show them laughing. I'd love to see an episode where you see them go out to diner and hang out together...'

--------------------------------

A point I COMPLETELY agree with - "She kicks (backside) and is very capable yet she retains her femininity," Tapping says. "Very intelligent men write (sci-fi), but they write very linear females."

--------------------------------

From another chat

STARGATE001: Do you like Richard Dean Anderson ?
                        Amanda Tapping: Ya, I adore him.

geiger: Is Richard Dean Anderson funny during the Stargate project?
                        Amanda Tapping: Yes. He has a wonderful sense of humor.

SeRo: At what age did you have your first kiss?
                        Amanda Tapping: I was eleven. His name was Robert Frost (not the poet).

---------------------------------------

They stood me up on stage beside Richard Dean Anderson and he put his arm around me and I put my arm around him and I'm looking into this darkened theatre going, 'So is this like the swimsuit part of the competition?' and they laughed and I thought, okay, good, they either love me or they hate me but I thought, you know, they're checking to see if we look good together...
                        Vicky Gabereau: Yeah. You're tall.
                        Amanda: Mm-hm.
                        Vicky Gabereau: And he's not a short guy.
                        Amanda: No.
                        Vicky Gabereau: So that was a perfect match.
                        Amanda: Yeah.

Is there anything that you'd really like her to experience?
                        Sex. I think she should have sex, I really do (laughter)! All the guys have had sex y'know? Carter hasn't. I guess that's part of the whole woman thing too, they don't want her to appear like a 'space slut' (laughter), not that I want to use those words!

-----------------------------------------

Her atititude to ship swings (slightly) closer to ours...

You probably know that there are whole web sites set up around the Sam-Jack relationship. Do you know if that relationship is going to go anywhere? Can you give us any spoilers?
                        I don't know if it will, but I don't want to say never. Never say never. What they've done, which is really interesting and also one of the beauties of sci-fi, is that they've created this relationship and this wonderful sexual tension. We get to relieve it by being different versions of ourselves, by coming from alternate realities, and then we get to, really, y'know, have a good kiss and a cuddle. So we release that sexual tension without having to destroy the relationship. Rick and I love playing with the sexual tension. And I think it's something that's very natural between two co-workers. Sam and Jack have worked together for three years, they've each saved the others' lives, so it's only natural that there's some attraction between them and that they acknowledge it at times. But in terms of them doing anything about it, I think it would destroy the dynamic of SG-1, and that is such a fragile and important balance. The whole chemistry would be blown if they did.

Atlantis fans take note: AT is CONSTANTLY mentioning the love scene that she and Mitch Pilleggi did in the X Files!

A slightly more anti ship comment

Question: If you could choose how the Sam/Jack arc is played out, how would you do it?
                        Amanda: There’s great chemistry between them which is wonderful to play, but I think we’ve pushed the envelope too far. The idea of male and female leads falling in love is so tired and over-used and our show has the potential to be far more intelligent than that. Teryl and I are proud to play strong, capable, emotional, fallible, fully realised human beings and when I’m reduced to just pining for Jack, I’m not happy.

---------------------------------------

Another anti comment

On the subject of love, there have been hints that it's on the cards for Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill, played by Richard Dean Anderson. At the mere mention of their characters' attraction, Tapping pulls a face that's half despair, half "I'm chewing a lemon". It would appear that she isn't a fan of the concept...

"I disagree with it entirely," she declares, almost angrily. "I think that it's enough that we know there's an attraction, a megnetism, a certain chemistry between these two characters; I think that to push the envelope further is a big mistake, a) based on their military rank; b) based on this incredible dynamic of the team; c) I don't
                        Amanda at the interview

wanna become 'Jack's girl'. I think Carter is so much more than that. I also feel that it's really tired, to have the male and female lead of the show to fall in love. I just think that we have the potential to be so much more intelligent than that."

So what did she make of an episode Window of Opportunity, in which O'Neill and Carter actually get to kiss? "When I first read that, I went, 'Oh, jeez!', but then they put in a bunch of other stuff that he and Teal'c did that took away from that. Initially it was just that moment, but then they came up with the golf through the Stargate and the pottery and riding the bike through the SGC, so thankfully they took away from that being the only thing O'Neill would do." Apparently worried that she's sounding a little harsh, Tapping adds, "Certainly, kissing him is no hardship!" She puts on a gruff British accent and leans in to record her words for posterity on the dictophone. "He's a good snog!"

Teryl on AT and RDA - "She always does Simpsons impressions with Richard 'cos they're both fans, but I don't even watch." Rothery is mildly apologetic, and Davis merely shrugs. Faced by such ignorance, Tapping isn't fazed

---------------------

Sidenote - This is sooo strange...I've found a Stargate Interview I read before I even watched the show! Spooky!

----------------------

Believe it or not...there's more to come!
                        sigpic

Comment

((((sueKay))))

I wish I could rep you, because these interviews are so cool!
                          It's so interesting to read what they are/were thinking about certain aspects of the show and how their view changed.
                          Thanks alot!!!

Comment

More...more anti ship...(she's a shipper now, so the good comments will be at the end...if I ever get there...AT's had a lot to say(in a good way!)!!)

A tender subject for Tapping is the apparent, unrequitted love between Colonel O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) and Samantha Carter. "This is an issue that RIck and I feel a responsibility to be true to, in that I don't think - and neither does Rick - that it should ever cross that line. Personally, as the actor playing the character of Carter, I don't want her to become Jack's girl. There's so much more to her than that. I'm so proud of the fact that this is a great female character. So for her to become the main guy's love interest is something I'm really violently opposed to. I think initially [the writers] hinted at it, which was lovely. Certainly there was an attraction between these characters, why wouldn't there be? That's great. It's not going to go anywhere - we're in the military - and it would screw up the dynamic of this really great team. Then I think at the beginning of Season Four they pushed the envelope a little too far, in my personal opinion."

It's something which has tended to be played up more in occasional 'alternate universe' episodes. "In alternate universes - that's fine," Tapping indicates. "We have fun with that but when it actually becomes part of our reality... it's enough to know they have an attraction for each other. We don't have to keep playing it up. I think they're pulling back now. Without sounding too negative about it, it's tired for the female lead and the male lead to bwe an item or to be constantly playing that as a potential. It's been done and I think our show is more intelligent than that, and our characters are too well developed to fall back on that."

"That's the most difficult part of our job," claims Davis. "If you start a scene or sequence of actions, you may have four or five

Amanda in a promotional shoot
                            for Stargate SG-1's Foothold
                            hours of keeping that energy up." Tapping illustrates, "In Point of View, Rick and I had this scene where literaly I cried for five hours, and I just sat in the corner of the set and had to keep in that dark place." Davis believes, "You can't just turn it on - 'Okay, I'm gonna cry now'. The camera sees you lie, so if you're not there, it can be pretty awful

------------------------

"This season has been about solidifying who [Carter] is, about solidifying relationships," she notes. "The first part of the year had a lot about her feelings for Jack, and thankfully we've got over that!" she laughs. "I think it's far more compelling when it's about two co-workers who have an obvious attraction to each other. I think as soon as you answer that questions [about the relationship] or bring it into the foreground, it becomes uninteresting."

---------------------------------

In an interview at Sam's house (seen in Ascension etc) - Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel Jack O'Neill), who says he'd only popped outside to see what was going on, has managed to drench one of the crew. Apologizing profusely, Anderson innocently claims, "I was only trying to direct the water off the tarpaulin," but the fact that he'd waited till the victim stood directly under the point where the water would run off did not go unnoticed.

---------------------------------

"I'll never forget the following day when Richard Dean Anderson and I squared off against each other in a scene for the first time. one of the crew came over and put our marks down on the floor. They gave Rick orange and me yellow. Well, orange is my favourite colour. I was sort of eyeing up Rick's mark but I wasn't about to turn to him and say, 'Excuse me, but I'd like the orange'. Suddenly, Rick said, 'This is going to sound really stupid, Amanda, but do you mind if I have the yellow mark'. I thought. 'Alright!'"

The only thing we know for sure is that Sam was once involved with a former Stargate officer [Captain James Hanson from The First Commandment] who turned out to be a megalomaniac," says the actress. "Since then, she and Jack O'Neill have admitted they love each other but can't do anything about it and that's fine with me. Sam sort of had the hots for Narim and visa versa, but that went nowhere. She also had a crush on Martouf [JR Bourne] and he on her, but then Sam had to kill him last season in Divide and Conquer. Not the way to win a man's heart,"

-------------------------------------

Question #10 from gaBBy: How do you feel about the Sam and Jack relationship and what do you want to see happen between the characters?
                            Amanda: As I have said before I don’t think they should push the envelope on that too far. First off all it would mess with the dynamic of the team. Secondly, it is not an option given their miltary ranks. Thirdly, I don’t like the idea of being Jack’s girl. I think Carter is so much more than that and if we went there it would overshadow all that she has to offer the team. I think the idea of the male and female leads of a show getting together is boring.. We have the potential to be so much more intelligent than that. All that being said, it is a lot of fun to play that dynamic in an alternate reality!! I would like to see them laugh together more as only good friends can.

Question #13 from gaBBy: Is it harder to act a ‘romantic scene’ with someone you know very well than with an actor you don’t know?
                            We’ll miss SG-1 very much and we wish you well in any new initiative after Season 6.

Amanda: It depends on the person. Usually I find it easier to do a romantic scene with someone I know because it can be pretty uncomfortable and it’s so technical. It helps to set things up and to pass time if you’re working with someone you are comfortable with. In Point of View Rick and I couldn’t stop laughing when we were setting up the final kiss because it was taking so long and we centimetres form each other's faces. It helped that we were so comfortable with each other.
                            There may still be a movie after season six…keep your fingers crossed

I am all for them displaying tenderness towards each other. They care a great deal about each other and that warmth and affection only serves to make them more compelling. It also highlights the struggle they face in that they can’t be together. I miss it too. We have to be careful not to make the mistake of going too far one way or the other.

More to come...tell me to stop If I'm boring you...didn't realise there'd be as much stuff as this
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                              ((((sueKay))))

I wish I could rep you, because these interviews are so cool!
                              It's so interesting to read what they are/were thinking about certain aspects of the show and how their view changed.
                              Thanks alot!!!
                              ditto!
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

sueKay you are a legend!! Thanks so much for all your trawling its such fun reading them all!! I love that RDA and AT think so much of eachother and the comments on the ship are very interesting.

Oma - Haven't named the cat yet. Should be getting him or her next week so I'm hoping that seeing him/her will inspire the name. Will let you know although am very tempted with LOL4JACKs suggestion of zat the cat!! Mind you I wouldn't be able to call the cat without laughing!

Have just watched The Lost City part 2 and got to the part where
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam and Jack are sorting out the engines and Sam says to Jack ' Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up what I was gonna say was....' and Jack interrupts her with 'I know'. I was internally yelling (coz I didn't want to worry the neighbours!) Noooooooooo let her finish Jack!! I mean it's all very well that Jack seems to know what she was going to say but it would have been nice for the words to actually have been spoken. Surely a few words of overt ship would have been ok? BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

Any ideas of what she was going say?

Comment

Working...
                                X