X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galaxy
    Hmmm.. don't know...I can't imagine TPTB would let them be married. LOL
    They didn't even let them really kiss!
    And - believe it or not - a marriage seems kinda rushed to me. Not sure if I would like that.
    (what a lousy shipper I am! ) I mean I know they already know each other for 8 years, but that is not the same as having a relationship with someone...so I wouldn't like that. (please don't slap me for that, shippers!)
    I think we'll get one or two scenes where they indicate that they are together (but not too obvious, so that it could be intepreted differently) and maybe, if we are lucky enough, we'll get one shippy scene at the end of the season and that's it.
    That's my theory concerning this topic, but who knows...
    I have to agree with you on this, Galaxy. Marriage would be a bit quick (unless a heck of a lot of time is meant to have passed between Moebius & Avalon ). I too hope that there is at least some kind of acknowledgement that they are together (preferably on screen). It's not much after 8 years, but it is significant and a degree of the requisite resolution that we all deserve.
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Round 43 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Show and Tell was eliminated in Round 42.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) has dropped further from the top, but without your continued support, will rise back to the top.

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...52#post4399852

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        yes, this season *is* a new show. but a show that has sam returning, jack coming back at some time for appearances, and whether ship is on the back burner or not, it WILL come back. there's a LOT to be happy about!

sally
        sally,
        I love your avatar! Your outlook is enviable! I remember last year we were concerned about any possibility of ship and we got **Season 8**
        Spoiler:
        Threads and Moebius. I know, I know...it was alot at the end with no forewarning. Kind of like they dumped the ship out at the end but hey, ship is ship!!!
        But, it's different this season 9
        Spoiler:
        Jack is gone except for some phone calls that Amanda said would be ambiguous.
        Hey, there's that negativity buzzing around me again. Swat!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Has Daniel got more fans than Jack ?!! I should not think so because Jack was the soul of the show .
          I suppose Daniel will become the favourite now but I'm not that keen on Daniel myself since he came back from his ascension only because Jonas had to leave and I didn't like that .Jonas was great and should not have left the show ..and I prefered innocent Daniel from season 1 to 4
          Don't like him as he is now ..He thinks he knows too much and he does speak too fast and is not very verstile anymore .

Caty
          I agree!!!! Daniel seems a little too self-centered for my taste...I blame TPTB and their crappy writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
            Hi shippers am trying to stay in my happy place (as oppposed to RL), so am only taking note of the positive comments on this thread lol. Am holding out for even the mearest sidgen of ship, or even hints of ship (isnt imagination a wonderful thing ).

Have busted my toe today, so added to my already busted ankle, which is the other leg am in bad shape at the mo (fortunatley I have a high pain thresh hold). So RL sucks busted body parts and stressful day at work what more did a girl need than Silvas lil ship fic. THANKYOU you saved my sanity (and blood pressure).

So heres to choc chip cookies, choc fudge brownie flavour milkshake and a lovely shippy fic before. Guess whos gonna be dreaming sweet dreams tonight
            mmmmm......chocolate.....

Sheesh! I think I've got a chocoholic Tok'ra in my head.....

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              heya!

Read Joe's Blog...I think I know what forum it was...but I'm not saying...It's just one I came accross...

...rest asured it's not us!

((((Poz))))

Somnium!!!!! Welcome to my life! I stood on an electrical plug a week ago and still can't put my heel on the ground. Now, since I'm walking differently (ie. looking like a right idiot!) my whole lower leg is aching...it's so sore!

And one of the people I work with and absolutely hate, is getting promoted over me because she's older, and I might be leaving.

Gr! Not fair!

So I'm remaining in my happy place for the time being...I have my blog to vent!
              If it's one thing I hate, it's favortism in the workplace!! That makes me mad!!

(((((((((((((SK))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                I am popping in because of The wonderful Fabulous FHB ((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Thank you so very much for your hugs and warm thoughts ....... This last month has been very hard on the family and the next week will continue to be so....so I thank each and everyone of you for being there with the jokes, the smiles and the HUGS!!!

It is nice to find my smile here even when I can't return the gift in full form yet.... Thank you very very very much from the bottom of my heart!!!
                *pounces, bowls over, and huggles the stuffing outta tame*

HIYA TAME!!!!!!!! Been awhile since you've popped in here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  I am popping in because of The wonderful Fabulous FHB ((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Thank you so very much for your hugs and warm thoughts ....... This last month has been very hard on the family and the next week will continue to be so....so I thank each and everyone of you for being there with the jokes, the smiles and the HUGS!!!

It is nice to find my smile here even when I can't return the gift in full form yet.... Thank you very very very much from the bottom of my heart!!!
                  (((((((((((((((((((((tame))))))))))))))))))))))))

hope everything turns out OK!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    I'm glad you liked the poem. I have it as one piece, but I'll see if Token can post it as she added a couple of verses to it.
                    This definitely is a special place! Thanks to the shipper thread I've been lucky enough to make so many friends from all over the world because of our love of the show and the ship.
                    ((((((((((bev)))))))))))))

I just "watched" the latest SG-1 ep and:
                    Spoiler:
                    Daniel/Vala scenes had way too much screentime.....Jack scene was lackluster.....only cool.....and creepy...thing was the Ori...IMO a very lackluster ep

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                      I agree!!!! Daniel seems a little too self-centered for my taste...I blame TPTB and their crappy writing.
                      I loved Daniel second best from the beginning. -Jack was always first for me- But Daniel had gotten a bit arrogant it seems to me. I still love him, but he became a bit less endearing about the same time I was starting to notice how three-dimensional Sam's character was getting...And not Sam's my 2nd favorite. Which works fine when you're a shipper. I'd say Danny and T are tied.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        All aboard. Who's going to bring the massage oils.
                        I've already got the large economy bottle of Vitamin E
                        I'll bring the Kama Su-- uh, ...massage therapy guide book.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                          You think? Really?
                          Hmmm.. don't know...I can't imagine TPTB would let them be married. LOL
                          They didn't even let them really kiss!
                          And - believe it or not - a marriage seems kinda rushed to me. Not sure if I would like that.
                          (what a lousy shipper I am! ) I mean I know they already know each other for 8 years, but that is not the same as having a relationship with someone...so I wouldn't like that. (please don't slap me for that, shippers!)
                          I think we'll get one or two scenes where they indicate that they are together (but not too obvious, so that it could be intepreted differently) and maybe, if we are lucky enough, we'll get one shippy scene at the end of the season and that's it.
                          That's my theory concerning this topic, but who knows...
                          I agree with what you said. I don't think we'll get (if we ever get something... ) very shippy scenes, like a wedding scene.
                          These are SG TPTB after all !
                          And I must confess that I wouldn't even like to watch a scene like that. That's not what I want to see when I think about Sam and Jack. What I want to see is S&J having a strong relationship and finally being able to act on it, that's all.
                          So I'm in for phone conversations and for one last scene showing without any doubt that they are together... but no wedding scene, sorry
                          (I don't even like these scenes in fics )

Plus like you said, a wedding would be a bit rushed. Working with someone for 8 years is not the same thing as 'living' with that person. And in S9
                          Spoiler:
                          with Jack being in Washington and Sam being in Area 51 then in Colorado Springs, except for maybe some long weekends, they don't live together either.

Anyway, we won't know what will happen to our fav characters before the end of S9. I don't think we'll get a SJ resolution (as in a scene that shows without any doubt that Sam and Jack are together) before the very last minute of the show so if there's a 10th season... it doesn't seem very good for us
                          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            (((((((((((Tame))))))))))))

Hope everything gets better soon...If you need to talk, just drop me a PM.

Waterfall - In Scotland sci fi's an iffy subject...if you like Star Trek, within a week everyone in the village and the nearest town know...(Example...someone I don't even know gave me the vulcan hand salute two days ago)

So...out of the people I've asked about Stargate...the responses have mainly been.

You watch that cr@p?
                            I hate Sci Fi
                            What? Is that like Star Trek
                            Oh yeah...I watch that sometimes...the big alien guy's pretty hot.
                            Oh yeah...I watch that sometimes...the brainy blonde is pretty hot.
                            Is that that show that Macgyver's in now??

So nothing academic or intellectual...

apart from this response which I jotted down

"I never watch that show...not since they killed Jonas...I mean he was there and then he was gone...I think they got rid of the actor...Jack's next on their list...they're evil"

Yeah...people in my area are kinda screwy and VERY scary!

It's kinda like that where I'm from in Wales, back when I lived there, everyone in my village, the next one and my school knew within about three days that my friend and I liked the X-files.
                            sigpic-
                            +I thought I was a fool for no one
                            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              sally,
                              I love your avatar! Your outlook is enviable! I remember last year we were concerned about any possibility of ship and we got **Season 8**
                              Spoiler:
                              Threads and Moebius. I know, I know...it was alot at the end with no forewarning. Kind of like they dumped the ship out at the end but hey, ship is ship!!!
                              But, it's different this season 9
                              Spoiler:
                              Jack is gone except for some phone calls that Amanda said would be ambiguous.
                              Hey, there's that negativity buzzing around me again. Swat!

When you think about it Season 7 and 8 !! was about Sam and Jack on the side story but season 9 is not .The Sam and Jack ship is not part of the season 9 storyline ...therefore the ship if any will be light and probably resolved ...which means we won't see much . I think we'll see them standing together and smile at each other just for us but nothing else so that the new fans are wondering what this is all about .I would love Jack to say " Come on Mrs ..we have a lot of things to do" but tptb will probably never allow Jack to call her Mrs so ...well ..let's just expect a smile between the 2 of them
                              It is sad but the ship has been forgotten or at least resolved ( RST)and ...I bet we'll see Sam and Jack standing together as budies at the end .They'll be together probably married but won't give any signs of significance romance .

Caty

Comment

Hi guys, I'm baaaaaack! First of all I want to give Oma a HUGE public thank you for my new sig.

Originally posted by melpomene
                                I loved Daniel second best from the beginning. -Jack was always first for me- But Daniel had gotten a bit arrogant it seems to me. I still love him, but he became a bit less endearing about the same time I was starting to notice how three-dimensional Sam's character was getting...And not Sam's my 2nd favorite. Which works fine when you're a shipper. I'd say Danny and T are tied.
                                I actually love the whole team but Jack was always my favourite. I also miss Jonas and wish that the writers would bring him back. He would make a great addition to the SGC again.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X