This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell
    Thanks, Dani76 and LOL4JACK. Blowing off a little steam. I'm a big girl, usually! Ya know, where is everybody? We had more chatter after Avalon 1, of course, and even Avalon 2. Shippers recovering from Ship Day??!!
    That is one of the many reasons that this Family is great! We can blow off steam and rant and rave, and we have each other to support us. I will continue to watch for Sam but I won't watch the Daniel show. That I know. Three more weeks before kick-a$$ Sam and Jack's love returns to save the day!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Isn't he good looking or what ?!!

Marc Harmon

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Marc_HARMON.jpg

I think I'm going weak in the knees right now

Caty
      I used to love MH, but he definitely hasn't aged well - not a fraction as well as RDA. RDA is the hunkiest person over 50 I've ever seen, and is sexier now than when he was on Mac. IMO only, of course. <g>
      Last edited by Buc252; 29 July 2005, 06:31 PM.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I know, I know!! Origins
        Spoiler:
        Forget, if it's possible, that I'm a Shipper! Why didn't they include mention of Sam as a former team member of SG-1? It didn't even have to be shippy**remember I'm still pretending**but what gives? When Daniel said, "I'm scared," and Jack replies, "I'm hungry." What was that? I liked Jack and Mitchell flying together. Jack humor with the 'you can do anything as a general.' My consolation right now is looking forward to Sam's return.
        EXACTLY!! S9 Origins
        Spoiler:
        When Jack said, "I'm hungry." I was like WHAT THE bleep WAS THAT???? Who says that??? That was just crass! He didn't even give Daniel a pep-talk saying, "I believe you can handle it."

The scene with Mitchell was OK, but Jack's comment about "doing anything" was lame if he can't be with the woman for whom he has loved for 8 years!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          That is one of the many reasons that this Family is great! We can blow off steam and rant and rave, and we have each other to support us. I will continue to watch for Sam but I won't watch the Daniel show. That I know. Three more weeks before kick-a$$ Sam and Jack's love returns to save the day!!

You can say that again!! I just replayed the last 5 minutes. Origins
          Spoiler:

WARNING: SHIPPY-MOMENT SENSING DEVICE IN OPERATION!!! Um, what do you think Jack meant when he responded to Daniel's wonder, "What the hell are you doing here?" Jack says, "Well, I was in the neighborhood." Ahem, NEIGHBORHOOD??!! OK, I'm desperate. Desperate times require desperate measures. Somebody famous said that quote! Applies here!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            great pic.

what's happening in this scene again?

sally
            I believe this is from The Fifth Race, just before he hands her the little notepad that says, "10 = 8". I could be wrong, though . . . <g>
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              Now, guys, you've got to keep watching Season 9. Even though we are all shippers, we are also SG-1 fans - after all, that's how we got our ship in the first place. I for one can't wait for Sam to be back and, who knows, maybe the TPTB will give us some shippy moments this season after all.
              In the end we'll always have 8 wonderful shippy years - nobody can take that away from us.
              With all due respect, no, we do NOT have to keep watching!! I have no intention of watching this cheap ripoff of a show I loved for eight years.

Those who want to watch can watch, but if somebody chooses not to, it doesn't make them any less a fan of the show. Just a fan of seeing it die a horrible, painful death.

- Mary

Comment

I just realized I don't remember hearing anybody say how the ratings were last week, vs. week 1. With so many people being lukewarm on the premier, I wondered if they were better or worse. Does anybody know, or know where I can find them?

I admit, without Jack and Sam, I want the ratings to be in the basement. Just to show that without the heart of the show - and that actually even means the relationships between the four - what they have is a poor copy.
                - Mary

Comment

Joe if you're lurking here to measure our response to tonight's episode, well, Origins
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm scared cause Sam was ignored tonight as a former SG-1 member. Not Daniel, not Mitchell and, most pointedly, not Jack even mentioned her name. And I'm hungry for some ship! A big scoopful like when you dip into Ben&Jerry's Gobfather. You want a scoopful not a spoonful. Heck, a bowlful even!! So, Joe, that 's how it is the day after Ship Day and episode 3 of Season 9.
                  Last edited by nell; 29 July 2005, 06:52 PM. Reason: This is my post. I am correcting an error. I erred in representing the opinion of the group when it is mine, for now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    S9 Origins
                    Spoiler:
                    /start rant... What a load of CRAP!!! That was the sorriest excuse for use of Jack!!! And it felt completely off!!! The scenes felt stiff and like they used doubles for some of the takes. FCOL If you're not taking the time to do it right then why bother. I hate saying this, but I would have rather NOT seen Jack than to see him in "dumb Jack" mode. What was the point of him being there???

I'll see how things go when Amanda returns, but I can't take much more of "fast-talking" Daniel. /end rant

I love Sam and Jack together and that is the way it will always be!
                    Wow, everyone! What a great Ship Day we had! It was so great to see all the special little surprises everyone had planned! It was really great! Which makes my disappointment over tonight's episode even harder to stomach! Token, your comments sum up the way I'm feeling after watching SG-1 tonight. I feel so cheated!
                    Spoiler:
                    What a waste of RDA! I had one and only one expectation for tonight's show: that we would be told for certain where Jack is going, and get to hear him discuss that with another character. But no! They didn't seem to have time to write a decent scene to tell us anything about Jack's plans. I've never seen a show send a major player off without telling viewers where he/she is going! I guess we're just supposed to assume what has been rumored and hinted at since March! What is the deal?

I'm finding the Ori really interesting and creepy. I see real potential in the storyline. But we're missing the TEAM! To me, only BB, MS and CB seem comfortable. Even CJ seems out of place! And I think Lou Gossett and Beau Bridges are really stiff and uncomfortable. I've seen them both in roles where they were fabulous! I know some of you like Landry, and I mean no offense, but so far, I'm finding these roles a poor fit for both actors. And I'm finding the whole show uncomfortable and hard to watch.

I'm inching toward a decision, and it hinges on Sam. If they don't feature her prominently and treat her right, I don't think I'll be able to bear what is currently the misery of following my favorite show.

One fact keeps me hopeful at this point: the recent hints Amanda gave at Comic Con.....and what a good barometer she has been for us in the past. On that happy note, I'll close my rant too!
                    Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 29 July 2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                      I just realized I don't remember hearing anybody say how the ratings were last week, vs. week 1. With so many people being lukewarm on the premier, I wondered if they were better or worse. Does anybody know, or know where I can find them?

I admit, without Jack and Sam, I want the ratings to be in the basement. Just to show that without the heart of the show - and that actually even means the relationships between the four - what they have is a poor copy.
                      They posted the ratings on the GW home page either Wednesday or Thursday. Believe it or not (and I can't!), SG-1 was the ratings leader for the week, holding steady at 2.1. Both SGA and BSG tumbled slightly. I can't figure this out. However, it could have been a fluke. Let's watch the trends over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

Hi Buc, here is the link, they said they where steady, funny enought SG-1 kept their ratings http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ywithava.shtml

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Round 41 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Resurrection was eliminated in Round 40.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) has moved down the list thanks to your votes, but needs your continued support.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...87#post4392987

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            They posted the ratings on the GW home page either Wednesday or Thursday. Believe it or not (and I can't!), SG-1 was the ratings leader for the week, holding steady at 2.1. Both SGA and BSG tumbled slightly. I can't figure this out. However, it could have been a fluke. Let's watch the trends over the next few weeks.
                            I don't know, I thought Atlantis was a real snoozer this week. And the new guy mumbles so you can't understand half of what he is saying. I am getting to wonder about the directors here, we got Speed Demon Daniel and Ronon the Mumbler.

Only caught the last part of SG-1, and I agree. What a total
                            Spoiler:
                            waste of RDA time.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Wow, everyone! What a great Ship Day we had! It was so great to see all the special little surprises everyone had planned! It was really great! Which makes my disappointment over tonight's episode even harder to stomach! Token, your comments sum up the way I'm feeling after watching SG-1 tonight. I feel so cheated!
                              Spoiler:
                              What a waste of RDA! I had one and only one expectation for tonight's show: that we would be told for certain where Jack is going, and get to hear him discuss that with another character. But no! They didn't seem to have time to write a decent scene to tell us anything about Jack's plans. I've never seen a show send a major player off without telling viewers where he/she is going! I guess we're just supposed to assume what has been rumored and hinted at since March! What is the deal?

I'm finding the Ori really interesting and creepy. I see real potential in the storyline. But we're missing the TEAM! To me, only BB, MS and CB seem comfortable. Even CJ seems out of place! And I think Lou Gossett and Beau Bridges are really stiff and uncomfortable. I've seen them both in roles where they were fabulous! I know some of you like Landry, and I mean no offense, but so far, I'm finding these roles a poor fit for both actors. And I'm finding the whole show uncomfortable and hard to watch.

I'm inching toward a decision, and it hinges on Sam. If they don't feature her prominently and treat her right, I don't think I'll be able to bear what is currently the misery of following my favorite show.

One fact keeps me hopeful at this point: the recent hints Amanda gave at Comic Con.....and what a good barometer she has been for us in the past. On that happy note, I'll close my rant too!
                              The only clue that anything was different with Jack was that he
                              Spoiler:
                              had a second star on his shoulder.

Don't know if that needs a spoiler, there is a picture of it on Gateworld.
                              sig by PM

Comment

You can say that again!! I just replayed the last 5 minutes. Origins
                                Spoiler:

WARNING: SHIPPY-MOMENT SENSING DEVICE IN OPERATION!!! Um, what do you think Jack meant when he responded to Daniel's wonder, "What the hell are you doing here?" Jack says, "Well, I was in the neighborhood." Ahem, NEIGHBORHOOD??!! OK, I'm desperate. Desperate times require desperate measures. Somebody famous said that quote! Applies here!!
                                Nell .... yes that is really beyond desperate.

IMO it was a waste of time watching it. Next week, I will not watch the first showing. If I see a good feedback from either here or rda thunk thread or SaGC then I will watch the second showing.

Want the ship back ..... miss seeing the chemistry .... the love ..the show
                                Last edited by gatebee; 29 July 2005, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X