X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billie
    Oh yeah...can't beat a bit of angst!!

The last fic I read was fab. It was from the fan fic awards ... standby...I'll go find the link
    Sorry Silver can't seem to access the site at the mo but the fic is called reality check and it's in the adult section I think. Will let you know when I can be more precise!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      I can see I'm going to have to install a "J/S ship emergency button" on my computer. I'm still in a state of shock!

*shakes head* Such an utterly dreadful episode! What a waste of an hour of my life!
      Actually, a Sam/Jack shipper can look at it in a positive light!

Stop sayin' "what could he possibly be talking about" and listen. For six and a half years Sam had Jack right at her fingertips, just a small distance away, but I think she took it for granted. I think she was also a little afraid of a relationship like that again (let's face it, she hasn't had a great history with boyfriends) and started thinkin' "I wonder what else is out there". She found out, and she realized that her one and only has to be Jack. After all, short of that humming scene in the elevator, did she really seem happy? I think after a little while her enfatuation with Pete went into wanting to make Jack get jealous.

So the Pete thing isn't a complete waste of time, but you have to keep in mind the end result or you will get depressed.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Yeah...I think Pete had to happen for Sam and Jack to move forward...Sam thought that Jack was an safe bet, and set out looking for true love. I don't think she ever thought Pete was the one, but it showed her that Jack is the real thing, not a convenient infatuation to stop her from getting hurt by other men. Through Pete she realised that Jack was the one, and that he was the ONLY one for her.

Pete also served as a wake-up call for Jack. Jack used to tease Sam about 'getting a life'. When she actually got one, I bet he was kicing himself, and he was destroyed when
        Spoiler:
        Pete proposed
        . He realised that she's not always just going to be there waiting for him, but that he actually has to act.

So despite some hurt and some overly graphic Sam/ scenes, we are actually better off...If it hadn't been Pete, it would have been someone else.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Okay...here's Jack's exact job title from scifi.com

Spoiler:
          head of the newly created federal department of Homeworld security

Anyone have any ideas, theories...as to what this means???
          sigpic

Comment

ok-can someone please tell me why SciFi insists on showing Abyss before Frozen. Isn't because of Frozen that Jack is in the pickle he is in-in Abyss?

is this same group of guys that show Fail Safe before Last Summit???

I don't understand.

*head whirls around here.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

In honour of post 3601 (GW deleted 600 of my posts and I've already had a celebration for 3000 posts)

suekay presents...

A Fish Called Kinsey

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2501502/1/

Set immediately after the end of Moebius 2. No ship yet! Contains SPOILERS!

Reviews would be nice

And if you like this, then visit http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

*This shameless plug was brought to you by the creators of Dr Shipper*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                Sorry Silver can't seem to access the site at the mo but the fic is called reality check and it's in the adult section I think. Will let you know when I can be more precise!
                No problem...thanks, Billie! I'll have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
                  Eagerly standing by!
                  Silver.... We have eye ball!!

http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/reality.htm

Just popped into Sam's a great character thread and low and behold........

Originally posted by skydiver
                  here's the latest

As most of you know, the Stargate Fan Awards server is AWOL, and has
                  been for nearly a week now. I'm doing everything possible to resolve
                  this but I'm afraid "everything possible" adds up to "wait for tech
                  support to fix the ****** thing".

As the Stargate Fan Awards server is still offline, I have created a
                  temporary mirror site here:

http://sgawards.creative-imperative.net
                  Big thanks and hugs to Skydiver our fan fic saviour!!

(((((((Skydiver)))))))

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    ok-can someone please tell me why SciFi insists on showing Abyss before Frozen. Isn't because of Frozen that Jack is in the pickle he is in-in Abyss?

is this same group of guys that show Fail Safe before Last Summit???

I don't understand.

*head whirls around here.
                    Maybe there's some time dilation thing going on at SciFi!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      ((((Bev))))

I find the episode tolerable...but only marginally more so than Grace...I don't know why, but I can't stomach that episode...maybe it's because apart from the Jack scene, it screws up and trashes the character until threads. That and that I want to throw heavy objects at her so she could be in the infirmary for longer and miss her date with Detective DuckSpud.
                      I found Grace an okay episode, if only for Amandas wonderful acting, but this crud I've just been watching.....urgh!
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay...here's Jack's exact job title from scifi.com

Spoiler:
                        head of the newly created federal department of Homeworld security

Anyone have any ideas, theories...as to what this means???
                        SueKay - Here in the US the term "Federal Department" usually means that it is part of the Federal Government (at a U.S. (Country) level and not a State level) and it is not necessarily a Military department. For example, our current Head of Homeland Security (a real Federal Department) is not military - he has a Secretarial Position that is appointed by the President.

So if the writers are going along those lines,
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack wouldn't need to be military to hold this post.
                        Last edited by Lynn; 25 July 2005, 11:41 AM. Reason: Spolier Tag

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                          Actually, a Sam/Jack shipper can look at it in a positive light!

Stop sayin' "what could he possibly be talking about" and listen. For six and a half years Sam had Jack right at her fingertips, just a small distance away, but I think she took it for granted. I think she was also a little afraid of a relationship like that again (let's face it, she hasn't had a great history with boyfriends) and started thinkin' "I wonder what else is out there". She found out, and she realized that her one and only has to be Jack. After all, short of that humming scene in the elevator, did she really seem happy? I think after a little while her enfatuation with Pete went into wanting to make Jack get jealous.

So the Pete thing isn't a complete waste of time, but you have to keep in mind the end result or you will get depressed.
                          I understand what you are saying, but it's just a pity that TPTB can't write any sort of decent romance. The whole set-up was contrived. They totally ignored the stalker aspect, they made Sam look all needy when the *&*%$* of a boyfriend had a childish tantrum when she couldn't tell him about her job and he left her in bed. Argh! I don't want to go on about this again, but it's just opened up the scar it left the first time I watched it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Chimera was the fourth episode I ever saw, and it didn't bother me much at first (considering I was an anti shipper to begin with) but looking back, it is a hideous, ill-concieved, plot-hole ridden hour of embarrassment to all Stargate Fans.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah...I think Pete had to happen for Sam and Jack to move forward...Sam thought that Jack was an safe bet, and set out looking for true love. I don't think she ever thought Pete was the one, but it showed her that Jack is the real thing, not a convenient infatuation to stop her from getting hurt by other men. Through Pete she realised that Jack was the one, and that he was the ONLY one for her.

Pete also served as a wake-up call for Jack. Jack used to tease Sam about 'getting a life'. When she actually got one, I bet he was kicing himself, and he was destroyed when
                              Spoiler:
                              Pete proposed
                              . He realised that she's not always just going to be there waiting for him, but that he actually has to act.

So despite some hurt and some overly graphic Sam/ scenes, we are actually better off...If it hadn't been Pete, it would have been someone else.
                              That's the whole point, though. Why did it have to be Pete...someone who had nothing to do with the SG universe? Why not someone like Agent Barratt? At least his screen time would have been part of the overall storyline.

Why did they have to show us all the stuff that we want to see between Sam and Jack, happening between Sam and spud face? Why did TPTB rub our faces in it? They then made it worse by, first of all, saying we had "issues", and then making sure Pete was in even more episodes!
                              They gave us what we wanted....but not with the correct people involved.

I'd also like to mention that the black widow curse idea is a lot of nonsense too. Sam was engaged once before, but we never saw her in a relationship with anyone else. Yes, she was friends with Narim, and there was Martouf (although that probably had more to do with Jolinar), Ambassador Joe, and even Fifth...but she wasn't in any sort of romantic relationship with any of them.

I'm sorry for ranting, but this episode has just brought back all the sadness I feel because we still don't know if they're actually together. TPTB have played us like fools. I want my happy ending. After 8+ years I NEED my happy ending!
                              sigpic

Comment

Chimera was the fourth episode I ever saw, and it didn't bother me much at first (considering I was an anti shipper to begin with) but looking back, it is a hideous, ill-concieved, plot-hole ridden hour of embarrassment to all Stargate Fans.
                                Well, I've watched Stargate from the very first episode, and this was just utter drek!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X