X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Cam Friendship.I think that is all we will see.I also think we will still see the Guest Star of the week fall for Sam.I just hope it's a once in a Blue Moon thing.I hope Season 9 returns SG-1 to a more serious Show and I hope TPTB start bringing in some serious Male guest Stars who have more on there Mind than just Sam.Also serious Female guest Stars and not too many Vala characters would be nice.

Comment

Great point Uber.I did not expect to see Sam.This is the reason I will give Season 9 a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I'm wanting ship between Cam and Sam. Friendship.

I'm hoping that maybe they know each other from before Lost City...maybe they flew together in the Gulf War or something...that would be neat. Or maybe from the training classes for the X-302 he must have attended as a pilot.

We know they have a close enough relationship that he feels comfortable enough to share his insecurities with her...did that come just from her visiting him in the hospital? That's possible...although he never met Daniel, maybe Sam being the type of person she is stopped by and visited him more often and they developed a rapport.

And I'm sure there's going to be Sam/Cam shippers. It's inevitable when you have a hunkahunka burnin' love like Ben Browder and a beautiful woman like Amanda. And then of course it is our job as Sam/Jack shippers to bludgeon these poor peons into oblivion!!! Muahaahaaahaaa

Whoops...where was I? Oh, yeah...Sam and shipping.

So I'm hoping for a good friendship between Cam and Sam and like I said it'd be sweet if it was steeped in some really juicy backstory about them serving in the Gulf War together as pilots...but who knows...

As for Sam and true romantic shipping...sure, there'll be the occasional guy, albeit hottie or geekmeister, who will develop a crush on Sam...and I'm sure it'll amuse her if she picks up on it. But the only man for Sam romantically IMHO is Jack O'Neill and I honestly don't think that TPTB are stupid to try to ship her with anyone else.

Quite simply, what you said!!! I agree.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh and here's something else to consider when seeing those clips...

How many here had any inkling of an idea that Amanda would be making an appearance in Avalon? Hmmm? Let's see a show of hands....

The correct answer is of course...NONE of us knew. There were ZERO spoilers or teasers letting us know this little tidbit....

With that in mind, who knows what else might be in store for Sam fans, Jack fans or Sam/Jack shippers this season?

I'm just sayin'...

What you say, again, yes!!! Avalon
          Spoiler:
          I didn't expect to see Sam at all! When they showed clips from Lost City I thought, "clever, clips from Lost City." When they showed her presenting the medal, "hey, I didn't know Sam would be here, cool!" And, best of all, when she was talking with Cameron, "Woweee! This is a terrific surprise! What's next???" Well, what's next, I hope, is some Sam and Jack time or references to them as a couple. Like I said before...I'm easy
          (ooops, don't tell mad_gater what I said!! hee, hee
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billie

Was gonna do an 'in anticipation' addition for girlgater, nell and Buc252 but am having such fun playing with pics it offers the perfect opportunity for another pic manip!!

So get posting you three and I'll get creating!!
            Thanks, Billie!

Actually, this picture you've posted has perfect timing, since I was watching the DVD it's from just today. Which brings me to an interesting thing I noticed (well, I think it's interesting, anyway) in Legacy.

Sam, Janet, and Jack are in the quarantine area when the little Goa'uld killing slimies get free. Sam's okay, and hers eventually leave her because of her protein marker from Jolinar. However, Jack and Janet both quickly become super paranoid with strong delusions. (What Daniel experienced times three.)

Okay, this is where the interesting part comes in. Sam and Janet are friends, proofed by their being on a first name basis and all the rest of the history. Yet when Janet looks at Sam, and sees her eyes glowing, her first reaction is, "Go away! You're a Goa'uld." Fine, she's delusional - you can't blame her for that.

But Jack is experiencing the same delusions, also sees Sam's eyes glow, and not for a *second* does he entertain the idea that she's a Goa'uld. His only reaction is, "you're not seeing any of this?"

Just a shippy tidbit I'd missed, showing you just how much he trusts her. Am I going over the line thinking that this is shippy? <g>

Last edited by Buc252; 17 July 2005, 06:22 PM. Reason: Just correcting typos.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Good point Sally.I think for
              Spoiler:
              Mitchell to have a chance there cannot be any Sam and Mitchell Ship.I will put up with alot in Season 9 but I will be gone so fast if there is any hint of Sam/Mitchell Ship.I understand there cannot be alot of Sam and Jack Ship but I do not want to see Sam Ship with anyone besides Jack.I think BB AT and TBTP are well aware of that fact.
              don't worry, ses, the poss of a sam/mitchell ship is not even a blip on my worries radar!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh and here's something else to consider when seeing those clips...

How many here had any inkling of an idea that Amanda would be making an appearance in Avalon? Hmmm? Let's see a show of hands....

The correct answer is of course...NONE of us knew. There were ZERO spoilers or teasers letting us know this little tidbit....

With that in mind, who knows what else might be in store for Sam fans, Jack fans or Sam/Jack shippers this season?

I'm just sayin'...

great point, Über!

just what little juicy things are coming our way? now, i'm not going to set myself up with unfulfillable dreams, just that... you never know.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  don't worry, ses, the poss of a sam/mitchell ship is not even a blip on my worries radar!

sally
                  Same here not even remotely concerned even Ben Browder has
                  Spoiler:
                  talked about the ship between his character and the new doctor in town

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Thanks Sally.I'am not worried either.I just hope it's not always going to be buddy buddy between Sam and Cam and Cam and the rest of SG-1.I hope Daniel gives Cam a hard time just like Daniel did to Jack.It will be pretty boring if the new Team is always getting along.

Comment

Token it's strange to say this but in a way it was nice to watch a episode
                      Spoiler:
                      without having to wonder or worry about the Ship.It was getting tiring to hear some people blame everything on the Ship.The Sam and Jack Ship cannot be blamed if Season 9 does not work.I liked Mitchell and I think his character will be fine as long as he does not try to Joke too much.I do think he came across a little whiney about Sam Daniel and Teal'c rejoining SG-1.I cannot blame Mitchell for trying but Sam Daniel and Teal'c put in there Time and should be allowed to move on.IMO Vala is one of the worst characters in SG-1 history.I almost changed the channel.I think the Show will suffer until Sam returns.It's going to be hard enough without Jack for this Show to be good without having no Sam either.In regards to the Ship I hope the Ship will live on with some Phone calls and Sam mentioning Jack's name and maybe we will have Jack appear in the Season finale.I know with my luck I would stop watching the Show and that's when Jack will return and I will be lost.If Jack does not appear in the Season finale and if there is a Season 10 and there's no early confirmation of Jack appearing in any Season 10 epsiodes I doubt I will will give Season 10 a chance.
                      Yeah Ses, I found Vala
                      Spoiler:
                      very annoying. I would have enjoyed seeing Daniel putting duct tape over her mouth. The only problem with the duct tape is that I think Vala would have enjoyed it too.

The thing I didn't like about Mitchell is the way he was introduced. Walter and the other technician acted like he was a legend. And it seemed that SG-1 couldn't stop saying how much they owed him. I guess TPTB were trying to prove to us he is worthy of leading SG-1. It just seemed overboard to me.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Rogue Great point about
                        Spoiler:
                        Mitchell.I like Mitchell but I was expecting Walter and SG-1 to bow in front of Mitchell.It looks like Mitchell played a big part in Lost City but Mitchell was doing his Job as a Fighter Pilot.I do not see why Mitchell gets to be handed SG-1 over everyone else.I liked how Jonas had to prove himself to Sg-1.I was hoping to see something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          Thanks, Billie!

Actually, this picture you've posted has perfect timing, since I was watching the DVD it's from just today. Which brings me to an interesting thing I noticed (well, I think it's interesting, anyway) in Legacy.

Sam, Janet, and Jack are in the quarantine area when the little Goa'uld killing slimies get free. Sam's okay, and hers eventually leave her because of her protein marker from Jolinar. However, Jack and Janet both quickly become super paranoid with strong delusions. (What Daniel experienced times three.)

Okay, this is where the interesting part comes in. Sam and Janet are friends, proofed by their being on a first name basis and all the rest of the history. Yet when Janet looks at Sam, and sees her eyes glowing, her first reaction is, "Go away! You're a Goa'uld." Fine, she's delusional - you can't blame her for that.

But Jack is experiencing the same delusions, also sees Sam's eyes glow, and not for a *second* does he entertain the idea that she's a Goa'uld. His only reaction is, "you're not seeing any of this?"

Just a shippy tidbit I'd missed, showing you just how much he trusts her. Am I going over the line thinking that this is shippy? <g>

wonderful! i never thought of it like that, mary.

yes, that's SHIPPY!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

The only thing that in a small, tiny way worries me about Cam/Sam shipping is that although alot of S/J ship was scripted, alot was also just the chemistry between RDA and Amanda. Amanda seems like such a sweetheart, but here's hoping that Ben and Amanda don't have the same friendship.

However, I'm going to stay optimistic! I think Amanda has had enough of Sam's love life. At least until RDA can make an appearance.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              The only thing that in a small, tiny way worries me about Cam/Sam shipping is that although alot of S/J ship was scripted, alot was also just the chemistry between RDA and Amanda. Amanda seems like such a sweetheart, but here's hoping that Ben and Amanda don't have the same friendship.

However, I'm going to stay optimistic! I think Amanda has had enough of Sam's love life. At least until RDA can make an appearance.
                              I absolutely believe that Sam and the new guy,
                              Spoiler:
                              Mitchell, are strictly friends and will remain friends. I believe that Sam and Jack have some sort of understanding and eventually it will be revealed to us. Don't give up
                              the Ship!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Rogue Great point about
                                Spoiler:
                                Mitchell.I like Mitchell but I was expecting Walter and SG-1 to bow in front of Mitchell.It looks like Mitchell played a big part in Lost City but Mitchell was doing his Job as a Fighter Pilot.I do not see why Mitchell gets to be handed SG-1 over everyone else.I liked how Jonas had to prove himself to Sg-1.I was hoping to see something similar.
                                I agree with both you and Rogue. S9 Avalon
                                Spoiler:
                                Nothing I saw in the flashbacks seem extraordinary to earn Mitchell either the Medal of Honor or the "legend" status that was given him. Hopefully, more will be revealed. At least I hope so.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X