Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me where the piece came from that Sam changed jobs to be able to be near Cassie? Did it come from the primer? She still working in a high secruity base, on classified material. If she had turned her uniform in for a 9-5 job so she could hold Cassie hand, I could understand. But the kid is tough and not a child any longer. She has her family(Sam, Jack and the rest of the crew). She has gone through alot and I don't believe (in my opinion)Sam would have needed to move from Colorado Springs to the desert of Nevada to be able to be with Cassie.
    Spoiler:
    Like Cameron said she has been doing this right along.
    Sam is still working with some dangerous stuff and still be called back to SGC anytime. So it has to for another reason-------------Also, Sam will miss Jacob but running to another base and still doing work for the Stargate program is not going to keep her from missing him. Maybe moving to Hawii, not Area 51.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      We all go off topic once in awhile here! Ha-HA. I liked Vala character. Many don't but I liked the way she teased Daniel. I think there is more behind her character then greed and sex. We have to wait and see.
      Since there's nothing specific in this, I won't spoiler it...

I said it before, I love the way she sets the sparks flying with Daniel. It's not something I see as sexual tension, though. I think Danny boy really hates that woman--and who can blame him?? She manages to get the upperhand, to kick his a$$, and she has taken to taunting him with dogged determination. She's quite a peice of work.

I was never a big Farscape fan, but I did enjoy the post-series-mini-series. And I really liked the little nods to the prior "relationship" between Ben and Claudia. All in all, I don't think there are a great many things TPTB did very well with this attempt to transition the show into Stargate TNG. Cameron wanting the old team back, the backstory, a lot more time with Sam & Jack than I had dared hope for, and the great mystery vehicles debate... Vala is absolutely no replacement for Sam, but she definitely adds an *intersting* dynamic to the show. Since I know it's temporary, I'mhappy to go along for the ride, for now. They haven't lost me yet...

On Topic? Sam looks pretty happy in her position at Area 51... And Jack looked more relaxed than he has in years. Wonder what that means....
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
        Since there's nothing specific in this, I won't spoiler it...

I said it before, I love the way she sets the sparks flying with Daniel. It's not something I see as sexual tension, though. I think Danny boy really hates that woman--and who can blame him?? She manages to get the upperhand, to kick his a$$, and she has taken to taunting him with dogged determination. She's quite a peice of work.

I was never a big Farscape fan, but I did enjoy the post-series-mini-series. And I really liked the little nods to the prior "relationship" between Ben and Claudia. All in all, I don't think there are a great many things TPTB did very well with this attempt to transition the show into Stargate TNG. Cameron wanting the old team back, the backstory, a lot more time with Sam & Jack than I had dared hope for, and the great mystery vehicles debate... Vala is absolutely no replacement for Sam, but she definitely adds an *intersting* dynamic to the show. Since I know it's temporary, I'mhappy to go along for the ride, for now. They haven't lost me yet...

On Topic? Sam looks pretty happy in her position at Area 51... And Jack looked more relaxed than he has in years. Wonder what that means....
        I agree with you 100% percent! Sam and Jack look happy and that's why I was ranting on my last post! Sorry!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin

TRIVIA: Did anyone notice in Mitchell's
          Spoiler:
          hospital scene when Sam visited...her poorly fitting AF dress seemed as though it were covering a little something special?
          Hubs noticed and agrees!

S

Comment

Here's my take on Avalon Pt 1.
            Spoiler:
            Were Daniel and Teal'c even in this ep? bahhhhhaa. All I saw were Ben and Claudia. I'm a huge Farscape fan and I loved the line that Vala had when she told Daniel she was pregnant and that there was like a 1 in 10 chance it was his, but then she winked at Cameron and he did a double take. Hysterical!!! They definately needed more time together. They still got it!!! LOL

Seeing Sam was a bit of a shock, didn't think she'd be in this at all. Even when Sam and Jack aren't together, you can still feel the ship. Sam's comment to Cameron about "having her reasons for taking her present position" and Jacks "the motorcycle" comment were definately crumbs for us shippers to latch onto. My idea about the motorcycle is that Sam gave it to him. Besides the Indian she was working on at the base, AT also claimed that Sam owned a Harley. Now when Sam was working on the Indian, all she told Jack was that she wasn't going fishing with him because she "had a project she really needed to work on." I figured she was working on it for him, because well, I have a shippy brain and that's where it goes LOL. Maybe tho, she fell in love with the Indian and just built him a Harley instead LOL. Either way "Jack has a motorcycle!!!"

The other aspects of the ep were just this side of boring for me. Can't stand when Michael Shanks talks a mile a minute when explaining things, it really bugs me. I all but ignored Teal'c since he didn't have much to do. The whole Merlin thing is a bit stupid. I love Arthurian Legend, but not in this context. Maybe pt 2 will be better, but I'm not holding my breath.
            Heidi
            Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

*waves* Hey everyone!!

We had a storm that knocked out our power last night right before the premiere so I had to wait another two hours to for it to run again at 11:00. The power came back on just in time and then I wasn't able to get on the forum....

Anyway....
              Spoiler:
              I didnt' want to like it, I really didn't...especially with RDA leaving, but it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised that they had scenes with Sam in there. I was resigned to the fact that we wouldn't see her for 5 episodes so it was nice. I of course jumped on the "I had my reasons for wanting this job" I'll just bet she did.... I'm leaving the "Cassie story" out of the equation since they haven't mentioned it yet on the show. But when Jack said motorcycle... the ooooooooo could be heard throughout my darkened house! LOL!! If you notice he didn't say my motorcycle...he said My house, and my car, *pause* motorcycle. Please, like he has a motorcycle....

I'm not expecting anything else shippy this season, but I'm ok with that. In my mind they are together and unless he or she walks down the aisle with another person then that's what I'm sticking to!

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                I was wondering, did anyone notice the Cameron/Carter flirting??? Was it flirting or just friendly talk?
                About Sam and the new guy
                Spoiler:
                Not to worry!!!! Totally friendship. End of Season 8 is clear to me that Sam and Jack are on the path to a relationship! That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Friendly Reminder! Please use your spoiler tags. Some of our Shippers want to be spoiler free for Seasons 8 and 9.
                  sigpic

Comment

My take is
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam and Mitchell are Friends.Nothing more.BB turned down the role of Pete and TPTB are not about to go down that road.If Sam and Jack could not get together because the Regs the same goes for Sam and Mitchell.Nell said it best Sam and Jack are on the path to a relationship.I hope we somehow get to see that in Season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                      *waves* Hey everyone!!

We had a storm that knocked out our power last night right before the premiere so I had to wait another two hours to for it to run again at 11:00. The power came back on just in time and then I wasn't able to get on the forum....

Anyway....
                      Spoiler:
                      I didnt' want to like it, I really didn't...especially with RDA leaving, but it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised that they had scenes with Sam in there. I was resigned to the fact that we wouldn't see her for 5 episodes so it was nice. I of course jumped on the "I had my reasons for wanting this job" I'll just bet she did.... I'm leaving the "Cassie story" out of the equation since they haven't mentioned it yet on the show. But when Jack said motorcycle... the ooooooooo could be heard throughout my darkened house! LOL!! If you notice he didn't say my motorcycle...he said My house, and my car, *pause* motorcycle. Please, like he has a motorcycle....

I'm not expecting anything else shippy this season, but I'm ok with that. In my mind they are together and unless he or she walks down the aisle with another person then that's what I'm sticking to!
                      Maybe the Season 9
                      Spoiler:
                      motorcycle is Sams. He was selling it for her. He use "the" motorcycle because he didn't want him to know it was Sams.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        Maybe the Season 9
                        Spoiler:
                        motorcycle is Sams. He was selling it for her. He use "the" motorcycle because he didn't want him to know it was Sams.
                        I agree, it belongs to
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam. Why Jack is signing papers on/for/about the motorcycle is our mystery to solve!!! TPTB threw us a bone!!! A wishbone! I wish that Sam and Jack are in a relationship to be confirmed mid or end of season!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ya know, being a Virgo with anal-retentive attention to details happens to come in handy when you are Sam/Jack shipper, especially when TPTB only throw you a few crumbs. There were a few highlights though.
                          Spoiler:

The obvious motorcycle comment, though he said he was "signing papers" and never once metioned the word "sell", he could be giving them to someone.
                          Mabey he gave them to Sam, cuz you know how much she liked his house.
                          Which brings me to the other highlight, that no one else here seemed to mention.
                          New Ancient technology here on earth and Sam's too busy to come check it out??
                          Could it be because a certain General just happened to be in town????(squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!)
                          Just think about it......
                          When Sam was talking to Cameron, she was either on the Prometheus or the Dedalus and since the Dedalus had left for the Pegasus galaxy by that time and SG-1 used the Prometheus for their mission to find Avalon, she obviously wasn't on either ship.
                          Whatever (or whomever, hehe) would have to be *very* interesting to keep her away from some shiny new doohickey.

Oh, and my vote on the Vala character:
                          LOVED HER!!!! She was such a hoot!!
                          But as for Daniel/Vala ship, I think she's waayyy too much woman for Daniel.

waterfall

Comment

Just thought to point out we've hit 7000 posts!!!! Well, now it's 7001

Comment

ok! I just got to see the new episode and i'm happy to say I managed to stay away from Gateworld until I had

Here are my thoughts.(well some of them...the rest are over in the Avalon Thread )

Spoiler:
                              I was serverly disappointed at the opening credits, due to the fact that WE HAD NONE!! If you blink you miss em! No song or anything! That didn't put me in a happy mood for watching.
                              At first Cameron seemed a bit 'stiff' no much character at all but I felt sorry for him when he found out all of SG-1 had gone there seperate ways and by the end..after some very funny lines I do like him
                              The vibe going on between Daniel and Vala is excellent! I'm liking Vala more and more!
                              I didn't think we had a good enough excuse for Sam being away, I know she said 'I have my reasons' but TPTB could easily have give us another line to make it shippy! anything! but they didn't and I don't think we saw as much of Jack as i'd hoped either Although as soon as Jack mentioned Motorbike I thought of Sam!! Lets hope thats the virst of many very subtle shippy hints TPTB are going to give us! Ones that only the trained eyes of shippers can see

Anyways, I'm still not sure what I think of Landry but he seems to be a good guy. I'm definately going to watch next week, cause I have to admit even though it was wierd it was fun

I'm just keeping my finger crossed for Sam and Jack in the next few eps!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                                I was wondering, did anyone notice the Cameron/Carter flirting??? Was it flirting or just friendly talk?
                                It was not flirting. It was just friendly talk.

Originally posted by Terrarin
                                I'm here so infrequently that I missed what you say about the "..miltary types.."

But the "Primer" on the homepage here said, "...likely that her muted relationship with O'Neill will continue, with the Gen's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command.." This had me so confused...and sad. Who wrote that primer?
                                Darren wrote the Primer. On the Sam is a Great Character Thread, we've already taken exception with part of the Primer.....because Darren mentions Sam's feelings for Jack, but not Jack's feelings for Sam. Also.....he talks about Sam's string of relationships where the men have met grisly ends, but she never dated any of those guys! She felt close to Martouf because of Jolinar, and I think she could have been interested in Narim, but it never went anywhere.

On to last night, I agree with everyone about the
                                Spoiler:
                                motorcycle
                                comment.....because we all know Jack never HAD one! There's also the point that he says,
                                Spoiler:
                                my house, my car, the motorcycle.
                                There's a clue in there, just as when Sam said to Cam,
                                Spoiler:
                                "I have my reasons for wanting this job."

Does anyone know misstweedledee? She apparently used to post here a lot, then quit, but came back recently. She said that she had found a link on MSN that said
                                Spoiler:
                                that the Sam/Jack relationship is confirmed in episode 10----which would be the first part of The Fourth Horseman. I couldn't find the link and PM'ed her to please post it, but she hasn't been back since.

Now, that would be worth seeing. If anyone else knows anything about that, please post it! If not, we'll go on with the shippy crumbs we think we've been thrown and hope that next week brings us something better!

Comment

Working...
                                X