Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks! I haven't seen the episode and 90% of the posts are in spoiler tags so I can't read them....

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      Here's a thought...
      Spoiler:
      Jack sold his house, but Sam is keeping her's. He gets to keep his cabin! They couldn't have two houses--they're committed enough to only have on house! (I know...I'm dreaming, but it could happen)
      I might learn to like Vala, but they
      Spoiler:
      gotta cut back on the sarcasm and sexual overtures

Sounds plausible. Or,
      Spoiler:
      Sam sold her house? Jack's referring to selling her house and motorcycle and his truck? They're keeping his house? I'm fishing here for clues!! Speaking of which THE MOTORCYCLE is an important shippy clue!!! I'm convinced of it. I predict a real shippy clue mid season!! I have nothing to base that on but it could happen!!! BTW, Cameron does not appear to have an attraction to Sam. I believe they are friends. She did not sound negative or resentful of him being the SG-1 leader. He is no threat! We gotta believe that Sam and Jack have an understanding otherwise why would she leave SG-1? Nope, not just because of Cassie!! Won't accept until I'm proven otherwise.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        Sounds plausible. Or,
        Spoiler:
        Sam sold her house? Jack's referring to selling her house and motorcycle and his truck? They're keeping his house? I'm fishing here for clues!! Speaking of which THE MOTORCYCLE is an important shippy clue!!! I'm convinced of it. I predict a real shippy clue mid season!! I have nothing to base that on but it could happen!!! BTW, Cameron does not appear to have an attraction to Sam. I believe they are friends. She did not sound negative or resentful of him being the SG-1 leader. He is no threat! We gotta believe that Sam and Jack have an understanding otherwise why would she leave SG-1? Nope, not just because of Cassie!! Won't accept until I'm proven otherwise.
        If only
        Spoiler:
        Jack had said something to indicate that they were selling 'their' house, truck and motorcycle. It would have been much better.
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
          This sucks! I haven't seen the episode and 90% of the posts are in spoiler tags so I can't read them....
          If you want to see them, then highlight them...
          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            Well here is my take on Avalon. I know some of will not agree.So don't kill me.
            Spoiler:
            As I said earlier Landry is not bad at all. Vala I like very much cause she kicksa$$. Teal'c and Daniel still top . Sam and Jack was too short bits as expected. The bummer of all is Ben Browder. FCOL , where did they unearthed this guy. He is so lame. The story is ok. It has some moments. The flashback to why Browder's character is getting SG1 is fully explained... very boring. At this point they can still save it if they dump Browder... dump.
            Oh, gatebee, of course I understand that you miss RDA/Jack a whole bunch. I do, too.
            Spoiler:
            I really see Cameron as honestly trying to earn Daniel and Teal'c's interest and to give him a chance. I think I would be MORE UPSET had Cameron just been handed command of SG-1. I wonder if Jack knew that SG-1 had disbanded when he and Landry posted Cameron to Stargate Command? Bet they did! I guess it's up to Cameron (via the writers) to demonstrate that he is worthy to lead the team.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              Sounds plausible. Or,
              Spoiler:
              How could Cassie have anything to do With Carter leaving SGC. Cassie is probably in college at a dorm. She could easily stay with Sam in Colorado, in between terms? Why would Sam move to Area 51 to experiment on Cassie? Ha-Ha
              sigpic

Comment

If you want to see them, then highlight them...
                I don't want to see them since I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I want to contribute to the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                  There was one statement which was a little shippy
                  Spoiler:
                  Carter took her command at Area 51 because of personal reasons. I think because it gets her out of direct command from Jack. Then they can continue their relationship with repercussion.
                  I did it! Thank you Carolina
                  Maybe. Maybe not. Depending on the interpretation of the regulations.
                  Spoiler:
                  I am very interested in the eventual explanation. But, yes, I think there is something shippy although she will return to SG-1 mid season so ponder that!!!
                  Great job with the spoiler tags!
                  sigpic

Comment

There was one statement which was a little shippy
                    Spoiler:
                    Carter took her command at Area 51 because of personal reasons. I think because it gets her out of direct command from Jack. Then they can continue their relationship with repercussion.
                    I did it! Thank you Carolina
                    Trupi I'm so proud of you.... never gave up! like a true shipper

Well, I'm off to Barnes and Noble to pick my HP book, (if I'm able to leave this thread )

And I leave you with this...

Enjoy the ship!

PS:
                    Spoiler:
                    CM will have a shippy relation with the new Doc
                    Last edited by LOL4JACK; 15 July 2005, 06:24 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Well, obviously TPTB intentionally
                      Spoiler:
                      made the ship uncertain so that we would continue to watch for any snippit of ship. They didn't completely rule it out which gives me great hope. They also didn't make it seem completely like a dream either. The mystery of why Jack seems to have sold his house, car and motorcycle(???) adds a definite level of intrigue to the story. I would love to know when he got a motorcycle. Sounds like a fanfic dream to me!
                      i've been *trying* to reply, but everytime i try it the thing goes wiggy. here's another shot.

Spoiler:
                      jack's selling his motorcycle? since when does jack have a motorcycle? or... it's not jack's motorcycle, but SAM'S!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

How could Cassie have anything to do With Carter leaving SGC. Cassie is probably in college at a dorm. She could easily stay with Sam in Colorado, in between terms? Why would Sam move to Area 51 to experiment on Cassie? Ha-Ha
                        You've been away, trupi. There's been a lot of fan discontent over the way the aftermath of Janet's death wasn't handled. No remorse, no lasting effects, no mention of what would happen to Cassie, who had lost her family then her adopted mother in a short amount of time. I assumed this was being managed off-camera, but a lot of people were upset by it. So, the prevailing theory pre-S9 is that Sam would be off to get over her dad, tend to Cassie's needs and basically take another look at making change in her life that would allow her to LIVE. We hope that
                        Spoiler:
                        beginning a REAL relationship with Jack was also part of that, since the regs just can't be an issue any more! Several military types have been here and told us this!

Now, on to the show. The only person more miserable than I was Cameron Mitchell. His disappointment mirrored my own, and I'm sure that was deliberate. TPTB are using that to call on us to identify with him, because he wants "the real SG-1" back together. See how that works?

As to the premiere, I give it a C-. Claudia Black had a couple of good lines, but others just made me seethe.

It's good to see that they spliced some bits with
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam
                        into this ep. That made me feel a little better. There wasn't nearly enough Jack.

The
                        Spoiler:
                        King Arthur thing
                        came off just as lame as I feared it would.

I was kinda teary-eyed most of the way through. It IS a whole new show. I'm trying hard to like it, but so far, I'm not succeeding.

SGA rocked! It absolutely rocked! Watching BSG now. Back later.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i've been *trying* to reply, but everytime i try it the thing goes wiggy. here's another shot.

Spoiler:
                          jack's selling his motorcycle? since when does jack have a motorcycle? or... it's not jack's motorcycle, but SAM'S!

sally
                          Jack
                          Spoiler:
                          talked with Landry @ Landry's house. He basically asked Jack what he was doing in town and he said something about selling his house, car and motorcycle. I have no idea what's up with the motorcycle, but it sounds suspicously shippy to me.
                          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                            They didn't do a good job of explaining
                            Spoiler:
                            ANY of the reasons that SG-1 split up, as well as why Jack is gone. Where did he go anyway? Is he living at his cabin now, and gave up everything else?
                            I don't get it
                            I know Kri. Many of us who lurk this board know from spoilers what certain characters are doing in general, like Jack and Sam, but I have to agree with you – the explanation for the “old” characters could (and should!) have been so much better. Avalon1 gave us a lot of build up on the new characters, which I know they need to do early to get the viewers comfortable with the new cast quickly, but heck, I really thought from all the interviews with the actors and writers that they’d that they’d tell us more “backstory” for our favorite characters. Oh well… I just remembered Chimera, Threads, and a couple others… The PTB are the kings of the 1-second 1-liners… a one line quickie mention is supposed to tell us everything we need to know...

I hope they SOON, as in next episode, do more backstory for the old team. S8Threads & S9 Avalon1
                            Spoiler:

I’d like to know what was the result of Sam ‘feeling out’ her ship with Jack after Threads. (Unless, it all didn’t matter because it’s a slightly different team thanks to the Moebius season 8 enders) And why did the writers make it sound like it was a choice of hers to command the research area, but then later in the show make Landry (or whoever) make it sound like it was a forced reassignment? Argh!

Yes… I know. Keep watching. Keep watching. Which I do plan to do regularly until mid-season break when I’ll decide whether it’s worth it to keep up with SG1 as regularly anymore.

For all we know at this point Sam’s “reason” for taking the research command might be Cassie, not Jack. Or possibly neither of them at all...

The motorcycle bit was a what-the-heck moment for me too… but then this is the man, uh fictional character… who thanks to the writers had been seeing “Joe” for 8 years too & hadn’t said a peep to anyone. And who apparently hadn’t opened a single drawer in his desk while he commanded the SGC (yeah right…) But if you’d like a shippy spin on the bike …. Sam could have always convinced him to buy a bike after taking him on a long ride on her bike….

But yeah, I hate to think of Jack selling his house, too. He could have kept it to get away from Homeworld Security in DC from time to time, whenever he could. *sighs* But then I guess I can see where the upkeep on 3 houses (cabin, Colorado, and DC) would be a bit much, even on a general’s salary. Shippy spin: he can always sleep over at Sam’s when he comes to visit.

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Jack
                              Spoiler:
                              talked with Landry @ Landry's house. He basically asked Jack what he was doing in town and he said something about selling his house, car and motorcycle. I have no idea what's up with the motorcycle, but it sounds suspicously shippy to me.
                              When he mentions the motorcycle he makes a little face like 'don't catch at a lie".
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:

sally
                                Sal! S9 Avalon1
                                Spoiler:
                                I think Sam'd kill Jack if he sold *her* bike!

yeah... I've gotten a database error a time or two in the past few minutes... so I'm highlighting, right clicking & copying my post before I hit the submit reply button! I'd hoped that upgrade was going to fix that stuff. (I know the forum pages have been slow to load for me all week, especially at work...)
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X