This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    (((((((((((katethegater, jay, and An Ancient))))))))))))))

nice to meet you all!!

*spoiler below*

Spoiler:
    What burns me up is that JM's military advisor is either dumb as an ox or she has some NID-like vendetta against Sam/Jack....cuz from what I've heard....the thing about "Homeworld Security" still being in Sam's chain of command is the biggest load of BS ever....."Homeworld Security" is SO NOT in Sam's chain of command. And Landry is having his daughter serve under him from what I've heard....to me having a family member in your chain of command is just as serious of a breach of frat regs as a HWMS relationship!!

*end spoiler*
    Sadly, I think the regs is just an excuse not to get them together. They always say its the regs that is keeping them apart, which is a bunch of bologna. Its TPTB thats keeping them apart.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
      RDA or BEN B,mmmmmm

RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!!!!!

why would we pick the younger over the older sexiest guy in the planet.
      Hey i'm 29 and i would do any-thing to have RDA be the first thing i see when i wake up and the last thing i see at night WOW HAVE THEY REALLY SEEN HIM!!

it all comes down to personality,making people laugh kind hearted,and course he's not at all bad to look at.(excuse me BEN,you might be all the above but your not our man)

Look at Sean Conery,Harrison Ford,all get better with age.

Ok mind going in the gutter about how experienced RDA may be too!!!

I love RDA the way he is now,he is so sexy,grey hair and all,must admit i love his hands the way his thumb bends quite a bit(Ok getting too wierd)

I've put my point across i think,check in later...

wynterxx
      Heh! There seems to be heavy traffic in the connecting tunnel between the shippertown "thunk pool" and the shippertown community building!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        I don't want a Season 10, but then again, I don't want 9 either.

For those of you who are watching S9, do you realize that you're doing *exactly* what they're manipulating you into doing? And if you watch S9 and maybe S10 with no visible ship, they'll *never* give us a resolution because they have no *reason* to give it to us. They get the same viewers whether they do it or not, don't get grief from the anti's, and since most of them don't want to deal with it, they won't. Ever.

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. (If it did, we'd have gotten the resolution we wrote begging for in S8.) If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Sorry, Ses, this isn't aimed at you, but at anybody who thinks that watching S9 is going to (or even might) get them a ship resolution in S10. (They're not about to "reward" us for watching by giving it to us. TV just doesn't work that way.)

If you want to watch because you enjoy the science fiction, more power to you, but if you want to watch because it'll eventually get you the ship resolution, it's not gonna happen. And yes, I'm as sorry about that as you are.

<climbs off her soap box with an umbrella to try to deflect the tomatoes that'll probably be thrown at her for this one>
        I have mixed emotions about whether or not I WANT more seasons. As a Shipper, the end of the series would mean that I would get the Sam/Jack resolution I want; but as a fan, I want to continue to watch my favorite SciFi show.

I have NO preconceived notions that I will eventually get the resolution I want. (I just responded to ses about that.) But as long as I am enjoying the show, I'll watch.

I don't know how the ratings are accumulated. If they are based on Nielsen boxes then whether or not I watch doesn't matter because I don't have one. The only thing I can do is to send thoughtful, pleasant letters and express my thoughts here at GateWorld where some PTB listen to the fans. I know one voice can't make a difference, but sometimes it makes us feel good to try. And each one of us has to decide what is going to make us feel better in taking a stand.

I support you, Mary, for taking the stand you believe in!

Token ~

Comment

Goodnight to all my shippy friends! Don't give up! Together we can make a difference and keep the ship afloat.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Absolutely no tomatoes coming your way!!!!!

You're entitled to do what you want and catch it in reruns if something good does happen. However, I might point out that unless there is a Nielsen diary or box in your house, they really don't know whether you're watching. And by watching, I can be vocal about anything I see that I don't like right here at GW.

If I don't buy in to what they're doing.....
            If they don't acknowledge the ship in even the subtle ways we've discussed.....
            If they don't treat Sam with dignity and respect......

then I'll stop watching. But I'm going to give it a try until after Sam's return, and probably through the cliffhanger of the first half of the U. S. season. By then, I should know if I can stomach it for the other 10 episodes or not.
            I'm right there with you! LOL! Great minds think alike!

Jack, Jack, don't leave us! (*** sorry.....more RDA withdrawal.....got it under control again....for now.....hangs head in shame***)

Awwww! (((sg-1fanintn))) Let me see if I can help with that!

Is that better??

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Goodnight to all my shippy friends! Don't give up! Together we can make a difference and keep the ship afloat.
              Goodnight, trupi!! Shippers never give up! If the ship survives it will be because we have kept it alive. Heck, we can't let them tear down ShipperTown!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                I'm right there with you! LOL! Great minds think alike!

Awwww! (((sg-1fanintn))) Let me see if I can help with that!

Is that better??
                ((((( Token )))))

Thanks! (*sniff, sniff*) All contributions of RDA appreciated!

Comment

A SHIPPY OPENER Part 9

This is the next to the last part in my series. It's been alot of fun and thanks for the encouragement. Now let's see what's happening.....in Vancouver!!!
                  Nearby Vancouver in the Stargate Production Office sits a group of producers and writers that are stirred up into a frenzy. They just learned that the Shippers are developing their own versions of Season 9's opener that has them reeling with amazement for the perceived sheer audacity.

One of their leaders, Brad Wright begins to speak.......

Brad: "Who are these...these...Shippers?" His face is red, a small vein is pulsing in his temple and sweat is lacing his brow as he bellows. "We've spent the past 8 years maintaining a line between Sam and Jack that has yet to be crossed. The Great Wall of China has nothing on the boundary we built between them!!! Fishing? What's with this fishing business? They've had AU kisses! So, what's with the whining?"

Across the table from Brad sits Joe Mallozzi, friend to Shippers, licking his spoon clean after consuming a particularly tasty pint of Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Oatmeal Fudgy Swirl Chips ice cream. Wiping the dribbles of melted cream from his chin he responds to Brad.

Joe: Brad, snap out of it! Get a grip! I've been telling you since year 5 that it's time for Sam and Jack to fish. Are you really surprised that the Shippers have taken matters into their own hands???? Get real!!! With the chemistry between Sam and Jack enough to power a ZPM, how much longer do you think they can go on before they implode??

Suddenly a man barges into the meeting and disrupts the group.

Pete: "What about me?" He whines. "I'm the boyfriend. I've got rights."
                  Brad and Joe together: "Shut up, Shanahan!!"
                  Brad: "You buffoon! We wrote a script that landed you in the arms of a hot lady and you...you..."
                  Joe: "you didn't stand a chance against O'Neill. You're lucky we didn't write a scene where Jack kicks your a$$."

Jack: That's right, Petey-boy!!! You are so not a threat to me. Now, if you guys will excuse me, I have a beautiful woman expecting me and I don't intend to keep her waiting!! Oh, and Shenanigans. Dad. Likes. Me!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                    (((((((((((katethegater, jay, and An Ancient))))))))))))))

nice to meet you all!!

*spoiler below*

Spoiler:
                    What burns me up is that JM's military advisor is either dumb as an ox or she has some NID-like vendetta against Sam/Jack....cuz from what I've heard....the thing about "Homeworld Security" still being in Sam's chain of command is the biggest load of BS ever....."Homeworld Security" is SO NOT in Sam's chain of command. And Landry is having his daughter serve under him from what I've heard....to me having a family member in your chain of command is just as serious of a breach of frat regs as a HWMS relationship!!

*end spoiler*
                    I hate this bunch of BS too. Excuses, Excuses. Maybe they figure they have to string us along because shippers will be the only viewers thay have left.
                    Spoiler:

About Homeworld Secruity... Two words.. Civilian Appointment. He might still wear a unifrom, but it is just like Secretary of defense or Surgeon General, all civilian appointments. So what's the problem? About Landry.. daughter is civilian, so that doesn't matter either. You'd think if an 'Advisor' would know the difference on one they would on the other!!
                    sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                      I hate this bunch of BS too. Excuses, Excuses. Maybe they figure they have to string us along because shippers will be the only viewers thay have left.
                      Spoiler:

About Homeworld Secruity... Two words.. Civilian Appointment. He might still wear a unifrom, but it is just like Secretary of defense or Surgeon General, all civilian appointments. So what's the problem? About Landry.. daughter is civilian, so that doesn't matter either. You'd think if an 'Advisor' would know the difference on one they would on the other!!
                      Hi Queen! **waves**
                      I thought you were signing off to make up with hubby! Nice to see you! I'm glad you're enjoying my series! Hee, Hee!! I had to give Pete his just rewards!!! Actually he got off easy in this version!
                      sigpic

Comment

(((((((( Nell ))))))) love the version of your series ....

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Hi Queen! **waves**
                          I thought you were signing off to make up with hubby! Nice to see you! I'm glad you're enjoying my series! Hee, Hee!! I had to give Pete his just rewards!!! Actually he got off easy in this version!

Yeah, I thought I was too, but he will not be made up with yet. I guess I pushed too many buttons already today! He's not really mad, just pouting. Oh well, my ship is not the theme of discussion here, so on that note, I am posting a couple of caps I like. just the looks J/S give each other in this scene is just so....

sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                            Yeah, I thought I was too, but he will not be made up with yet. I guess I pushed too many buttons already today! He's not really mad, just pouting. Oh well, my ship is not the theme of discussion here, so on that note, I am posting a couple of caps I like. just the looks J/S give each other in this scene is just so....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...leta/jssog.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...eta/jssog2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...eta/jssog3.jpg
                            Shades of Grey?? What a difference when I can study the frames! Subtle shippiness captured! Well, **yawn** I have to go to bed. Early day tomorrow. Oooops, it is tomorrow! Gotta go! See ya later.
                            sigpic

Comment

QE cool caps ... you catch the real essense of what Sam and Jack feel for each other. All those side looks are so shippy.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                I wanted to post this earlier but the timing was bad. After reading Part Two of Executive Decisions I was shocked to see that Brad Wright had said that he and Rob had seen sparkage between Daniel and Vala and they both knew they had something and in the SciFi Special BB hinted that there might be something between himself and the new doctor, for goodness sake haven't they learned, they can't handle one relationship what makes them feel that they can handle more. Of course these relationships have no regulations standing in their way, so... Do they honestly believe that the Sam and Jack shippers are going to make a trade off for a new relationship or even risk our hearts on another relationship developed by them, I think not at least in my case that is.
                                honestly, no. i think they 'know' they're going to lose some s/j shippers and jack fans with all these changes, so they're just trying to fill in the empty spaces of the departing fans. rda's gone, so bring in another leading man type. s/j shippers aren't just some ship crazed maniacs that have to have any kind of romance to survive. we didn't pick this pair, they picked us. daniel/vala and-or cameron/lam isn't going to 'replace' sam and jack to us. it's just another man/woman attraction thing, but in *no* way is a replacement for the sam/jack love story. there is no replacement. i really believe the writers are just tying to fill in the empty spaces.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X