X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    leave it to amanda.

any sentence with the words naked and rick....

sally
    Y'know, I was in the grocery store today and saw the SG1 cover, and shocked myself at how not-tempted I was to get one. Guess the love affair is really over between me and SG1. Without Rick and the ship . . .
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
      Hey gang

Time to get our shipper thread back to the top of the page me thinks!!

So here's a connundrum I'm hoping you can all help me with.

OK - S8 dvd boxset ... to buy or not to buy, that is the question
      I know it's not out yet but do I wait or do I just buy the individual dvds that have the best episodes? If so which episodes do you think are worth having (I know one or two which will ofcourse make the list!)

So what do you guys reckon???

Answers on a postcard to Billies Connundrum!!
      Well, I'm glad you have a choice. Here we only have the boxsets so it's just a question of whether to buy or not. I will buy the S8 boxset because I have the first seven, and I couldn't pass up the last season of Sam and Jack. *sniff* I hate typing that!
      Although if I find out that Region 2 has extras such as the "RDA Video Diary" that Region 1 doesn't, I will be buying the individual discs from the UK.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
        I liked (and I say this with a grain of salt as I thought there were some problems with all of them ):

New Order
        Zero Hour
        Gemini
        It's Good To Be King
        Reckoning
        Threads
        Moebius (had some good scenes even if they were AU)

I'll probably get the s8 boxed set.
        WHAT??? No "Icon"??? I would also have to add "Citizen Joe" to my list and "bits and pieces" of several others.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          Well, I'm glad you have a choice. Here we only have the boxsets so it's just a question of whether to buy or not. I will buy the S8 boxset because I have the first seven, and I couldn't pass up the last season of Sam and Jack. *sniff* I hate typing that!
          Although if I find out that Region 2 has extras such as the "RDA Video Diary" that Region 1 doesn't, I will be buying the individual discs from the UK.
          Token, I found individual volumes at Circuit City when I was looking for my box set. I think they still have them, I haven't looked for them in a while.
          sigpic

Comment

Ditto! Now my question is "Why can't Sam look like that in her civilian clothes??" Have we seen Sam in any civilian clothes that are flattering? Maybe "Ascension"?
            What's that ep where she is riding her motorbike... I think she looked good in that scene, can't find a pic, becuase I don't remeber the ep

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by misstweedledee
              Hey *waves*
              Welcome back!!

Now most of you probly don't even remeber me seein as it has been a pathetically long time since i posted on the thread, sorry But as i have been pondering again i thought i'd share, and i appologise now if you guys have already discussed this but if the thread moves half the speed it used to well....there is no point tryin to catch up cause it wont happen,

So i re watched the season nine promo (2)

Spoiler:

And i really can't help but wonder why oh WHY they put the moebius kiss in there unless it possibly means something.
              I mean if it was just to fill the what whole 2 secs it was on screen they hav 8 yrs of footage to pick from, why a Sam/Jack kiss.

I know we have been told the shows moving back to the old team dynamic n all, dont get me wrong i'll love that to but why do they have to continue to torment us with little things like this kiss that they KNOW we will spot in the NEW season 9 promo trailer ??

WHY ?

Oh My God i forgot how great it was to be able to rant at people who dont just turn round and go "Huh?"

misstweedledee
              Good question!! It was so quick you would almost miss it. I think I hear TPTB calling
              "All Aboard!!"

Token ~

Comment

I liked (and I say this with a grain of salt as I thought there were some problems with all of them ):

New Order
                Zero Hour
                Gemini
                It's Good To Be King
                Reckoning
                Threads

Despite liking some eps, I will definitely not be buying the boxed set. It's on principle, though - I swear they're not getting another red cent of my money until they do the right thing and resolve this ship *on screen*. They obviously think they can get along without the shippers, so we'll just see about that . . .
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  Everyone, go check this post : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=11136

Wonderful manip in there !
                  Thanks for posting the link!!! "Gone with the Wind" was on this afternoon, and I couldn't help but watch it. It's such a tragic story, but I can't resist watching Rhett. Now I'll always think of this pic when I see the movie. LOL

btw... "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d@mn" was the number one quoted film line on the AFI's list. But I don't think Jack would ever say that to Sam.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                    'Scuse me....Jonas?!?!?! I think you mean Jonah....Jonas better not be foolin' around with Jack's gal....not if he ever valued Jack's trust in him...
                    Have no fear, MG. Jonas is her little brother - definitely not any threat to Jack. <g>
                    - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                      actions are stronger than words

Sometimes I pretend that this was THE real kiss-- not a hallucination. Once in a while ya' gotta do something while waiting....and waiting....and....

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                        Despite liking some eps, I will definitely not be buying the boxed set. It's on principle, though - I swear they're not getting another red cent of my money until they do the right thing and resolve this ship *on screen*. They obviously think they can get along without the shippers, so we'll just see about that . . .
                        Why not just download? It's free and since you're not "officially" watching by watching thru the TV, they won't see any ratings from you. I'll be watching S9 entirely by downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          I would say the suit she wore in "Covenant" and the wardrobe from "Nightwalkers."
                          "Nightwalkers" Sam did have some great clothes, but WHERE was Jack?? I don't remember the suit in "Covenant", but again did Jack see her in it?? Man, Jack didn't even get to see her in the catsuit. There seems to be a pattern of great clothes = no Jack.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                            Token, I found individual volumes at Circuit City when I was looking for my box set. I think they still have them, I haven't looked for them in a while.
                            Really? I haven't seen any anywhere else. I don't usually shop Circuit City. For what price were the individual volumes selling?

Token ~

Comment

New Order
                              Zero Hour
                              Gemini
                              It's Good To Be King
                              Reckoning
                              Threads

I agree with you, but I would include "Citizens Joe" because there are a couple of Jack/Sam moments. I also like "Covenant" because of Charles Shaughnessy!

Comment

"Nightwalkers" Sam did have some great clothes, but WHERE was Jack?? I don't remember the suit in "Covenant", but again did Jack see her in it?? Man, Jack didn't even get to see her in the catsuit. There seems to be a pattern of great clothes = no Jack.
                                In "Nightwalkers" Jack was blended with the symbiote. And Carter's suit in "Covenant" was when
                                Spoiler:
                                she and Daniel went to meet with the guy to convince him to not go on the air with his little "Asgard"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X