This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    nickatell I know everyone is entitled to do what they want but I'am very surprised that so many Shippers are willing to watch Season 9.I was not happy with Seasons 7 and 8 and I was not happy with how the
    Spoiler:
    Ship was handled at the end of Season 8 so why should I watch Season 9? IMO we gave enough support to TPTB of this Show and we did not get enough return on our investment.It also does not help when TPTB and some of the Actors take shots at RDA and some of the cast that are no longer involved with the Show.In regards to Season 9 There's no Jack so how good can the Ship be and Season 9 seems to be Jaffa Heavy.IMO the Teal'c character is not good when he is front and center in an episode.I have no desire to see Teal'c and Mitchell be buddy buddy like Jack and Teal'c.I also rather not see Sam be buddies with Mitchell either.I just hope Daniel gives a hard time to Mitchell like he did to Jack.
    I understand your frustration, ses110--believe me, I do. That's why I joined GW three months ago in the first place--massive frustration at the end of S8. But I'm just not willing to judge until I see what they're going to do. If it's a whole new focus (T & A as opposed to compelling stories), if they don't let us know that Sam & Jack are together, if BB and CB take over OUR SHOW, then I probably won't want to watch anymore. I'll feel they let me down.

But, if TPTB tell me in their vague little ways that S & J are together, if Vala's silly costumes are just a passing thing, if the show doesn't become Farscape and remains true to itself.....and, if the Arthurian legend story arc isn't too stupid.....then I'll probably stick around.

I was not disappointed in S7 and S8. I believe we got a lot in regards to the S/J ship. We had a long discussion several weeks ago about 's impact. If Sam hadn't had that experience, could Threads have turned out the way it did? No, our ship wasn't blatantly portrayed beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it would be unrealistic to draw any conclusions other than the one we've drawn. But both Sam and Jack had to go through the frustration, the ups, the downs, to get to where we know they are now. And Sam had to realize that
    Spoiler:
    she wasn't going to be happy settling for the wrong man just to have a normal life. Now, she and Jack both know that they've failed miserably at trying to move on with anyone else....because they love each other too much. So, they have to make it work.

Granted, S7 and S8 got a little wierd at times, and went way-off canon, but I think the end result was worth it. So, that's why I'm keeping an open mind to S9.....for now.

Comment

Hi Shippers.... been away and lately this place is a the revolution, can't miss a day, the ship is high!!!

I watched Threads tonight with a friend, he likes Stargate and has followed more or less, but he has missed the last seasons, so Threads was a suprise for him, but I was LOL with his comments:
      Spoiler:

- During the flower / phone call scene, he was ROFLHAO, Sam looking at her dad (basically telling him to shut up) Jack telling her to take the day off and the looks, he could not stop laughing. And his best comment:
      * My Friend: How is she going to marry a guy when she is in love with O'Neill, priceless....

- In the infirmary when her dad was telling her to quit the Air Force:
      * Sam: But Dad, I'm happy
      * My Friend: No your not.....!!!! (so he is getting it)

- When Sam when to see Jack at his house and Kerry comes out and said this is an awkward moment....
      * Sam: Ya think!
      * My Friend: ROFLAO

And finally I asked him if he thought S/J would get together and he said without hesistation "Of course, but he has to retire first" so shipper or no shipper... he knows they belong together!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Hi Shippers.... been away and lately this place is a the revolution, can't miss a day, the ship is high!!!

I watched Threads tonight with a friend, he likes Stargate and has followed more or less, but he has missed the last seasons, so Threads was a suprise for him, but I was LOL with his comments:
        Spoiler:

- During the flower / phone call scene, he was ROFLHAO, Sam looking at her dad (basically telling him to shut up) Jack telling her to take the day off and the looks, he could not stop laughing. And his best comment:
        * My Friend: How is she going to marry a guy when she is in love with O'Neill, priceless....

- In the infirmary when her dad was telling her to quit the Air Force:
        * Sam: But Dad, I'm happy
        * My Friend: No your not.....!!!! (so he is getting it)

- When Sam when to see Jack at his house and Kerry comes out and said this is an awkward moment....
        * Sam: Ya think!
        * My Friend: ROFLAO

And finally I asked him if he thought S/J would get together and he said without hesistation "Of course, but he has to retire first" so shipper or no shipper... he knows they belong together!
        Love your friend's reactions! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

sg-1 fanintn I respect your views but I disagree about getting alot in regards to S/J Ship in Season 7 and 8.Most of Season 8 had
          Spoiler:
          no S/J Ship and New Order was a lousy follow up to Lost City in terms of Ship.If TPTB wanted to bring in a Boyfriend for Sam it should have happened back in Season 5 since there was hardly any Sam and Jack Ship in 5.I also do not feel Sam needed a Boyfriend to help were realize she would be settling for the wrong Guy.Sam should have realized her feelings for Jack were too strong and since Sam and Jack never gave themselves a chance there was no way Sam could move on without wanting to give things a try with Jack first.It would be one thing if Sam and Jack had a talk and agreed they could never be together or Jack told Sam he did not have romantic feeling for her,Then I could see Sam going out with Pete.IMO there were too many unanswered question about Jack for Sam to be thinking about another Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            I understand your frustration, ses110--believe me, I do. That's why I joined GW three months ago in the first place--massive frustration at the end of S8. But I'm just not willing to judge until I see what they're going to do. If it's a whole new focus (T & A as opposed to compelling stories), if they don't let us know that Sam & Jack are together, if BB and CB take over OUR SHOW, then I probably won't want to watch anymore. I'll feel they let me down.

But, if TPTB tell me in their vague little ways that S & J are together, if Vala's silly costumes are just a passing thing, if the show doesn't become Farscape and remains true to itself.....and, if the Arthurian legend story arc isn't too stupid.....then I'll probably stick around.

I was not disappointed in S7 and S8. I believe we got a lot in regards to the S/J ship. We had a long discussion several weeks ago about 's impact. If Sam hadn't had that experience, could Threads have turned out the way it did? No, our ship wasn't blatantly portrayed beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it would be unrealistic to draw any conclusions other than the one we've drawn. But both Sam and Jack had to go through the frustration, the ups, the downs, to get to where we know they are now. And Sam had to realize that
            Spoiler:
            she wasn't going to be happy settling for the wrong man just to have a normal life. Now, she and Jack both know that they've failed miserably at trying to move on with anyone else....because they love each other too much. So, they have to make it work.

Granted, S7 and S8 got a little wierd at times, and went way-off canon, but I think the end result was worth it. So, that's why I'm keeping an open mind to S9.....for now.
            SG-1fanintn, I could not have said it better, I love RDA to a level that I have no words , OMA care to try? and the level of frustration with S9 of not having him there is hugh, but I also joined GW, to express that frustration and with no hope for S9.

But being here, reading Joe, reading the fans and the shippers I'm actually looking forward to it, yes I love RDA, yes I love the ship, but I also love Stargate in general and I'll give them the chance to make it work.

I know that the first eps will be difficult since RDA and AT will not be there, but I have my hopes high when AT is back, and as our good friend OMA said, "The ship ain't over yet"

TPTB have not disappointed me yet, they gave ship to a show that initially had non and they have kept it going, they have not killed it, so they deserve a chance with S9.

Hey we might even get more ship than in other seasons

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

LOL4JACK the Sam and Jack Ship started from the very first episode.IMO TPTB used up there chances.I have no problem if other Shippers want to watch Season 9.This is just IMO.

Comment

Hi Shippers,

Wow! Terrific discussions going on here all day! I peeked at Joe's Thread and he's still sharing although vague! But I gotta love the guy for giving us some hope! Maybe I'm wearing the rose-colored glasses but I decided to move forward and give Season 9 a chance. Sam and Jack are not resolved but I expect that we'll learn a little more in Season 9. I'll be surprised if
                Spoiler:
                Sam has resigned her commission as an Air Force officer but hope that the chain of command is not an issue between her and Jack because he is at the Pentagon now. Apparently, Jack accepted a promotion instead of taking Kerry's recommedation to retire. Should I be upset with our Jack? Remember Jacob told Sam that she could HAVE IT ALL, i.e., career [as an officer?] and love.
                sigpic

Comment

All together now.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...oddess/abz.jpg

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......
                  THANK YOU!! Straight to my Shippy Moments folder!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

It looks like there are
                    Spoiler:
                    three shiny things on his shoulder.....not two.
                    What do you think?
                    This is what I think...S9
                    Spoiler:
                    There are two stars and one shiny button on the epaulet of his uniform. As quickly as he has risen from one-star to two-star general, I don't think TPTB could justify him getting three stars so soon.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      LOL4JACK the Sam and Jack Ship started from the very first episode.IMO TPTB used up there chances.I have no problem if other Shippers want to watch Season 9.This is just IMO.
                      Hi Ses110, I completly respect your opinion and that is what is so great about this thread, we can discuss everything and at the end it's all about the ship.

I agree that this ship has been in there since day 1, but was it intentional? I think the chemistry between RDA and AT, gave us something that TPTB never thought they had...

So in their honor a passionate shippy moment from S1 in IMAX

Comment

All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......
                        *sigh* one of the great head on shoulder moments Thanks sg-1fanintn and congrats on your 500th post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                          *sigh* one of the great head on shoulder moments Thanks sg-1fanintn and congrats on your 500th post!!!
                          SG-1fanintn, can't rep you, but 500 post dance... there always has to be dance and cake...

Why to go girl....

Comment

All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......

CONGRATULATIONS SG-1FANINTN ON 500 POSTS!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

gatebee, where are you???
                              CONGRATULATIONS ON 2500 POSTS!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks LOL4JACK.I think it was intentional.The Chemistry between RDA and AT is through the Roof but TPTB were the ones who created the Shippy parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X