Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said it Caty.Daniel and Vala and Teal'c and whoever can have there Fun while certain people flip out if Sam and Jack even look at each other or stand to close to each other.The Shippers get hammered for being Shippers when it was not our call to push the Sam and Jack Ship from the very start.I no longer feel wanted by TPTB so why should I support Season 9.TPTB feel we have issue fine then I'll take my issues elsewhere.There are plenty of Shows that would love to have Shipper Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      let's reminisce and squee!

snip
      s3 -

into the fire - naked sam! jack notices! hugging for heat. *wink, wink*

point of view - two carters. jack notices. another sign that sam and jack belong together.

jolinar's memories/the devil you know - jack worried about sam. deeply.

a hundred days - our official sign that sam's got it bad for jack.

snip

*sighs*

sally
      awesome list, sally. *sigh*

I just want to add:
      point of view - two carters. jack kisses one of them. another sign that sam and jack belong together.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

No, far as I know it's the shooting script or a draft of the script from 2010.. not a transcript.. which means for some reason the line didn't get in... dammit...

Also that pic of Sam & Jack cuddling... is actually Rick & Amanda cuddling... god love em. A ship is always 5,000 times better when there's real affection there from the actors IMHO...

Sadly Mulder & Scully was cheapened by DD & GA's antics... Harm & Mac... well DJE and CB have a lot ot answer for there and don't get me started on Voyager....

So I tip my hat to Rick & Amanda and Sam & Jack... though the road is rough sometimes.. the love is never in question.

Originally posted by nell
        In the transcript Jack says, "Give her a kiss from me." ????? Incredible!! A GW transcript?
        sigpic

Comment

Call me crazy, but I decided to do some reading on Air Force fraternization policies tonight......and if Jack goes to Homeworld Security.....I don't think they apply to Sam & Jack any more. The Regs are in italics.

Here's the definition for Fraternization:

Fraternization, as defined by the Manual for Courts-martial, is a personal relationship between an officer and an enlisted member that violates the customary bounds of acceptable behavior in the Air Force and prejudices good order and discipline, discredits the armed services, or operates to the personal disgrace or dishonor of the officer involved. The custom recognizes that officers will not form personal relationships with enlisted members on terms of military equality, whether on or off-duty.

This specifies relationships between officers and enlisted members. That NEVER applied to Sam and Jack.

Dating and Close Friendships. Dating, courtship, and close friendships between men and women are subject to the same policy considerations as are other relationships. Like any personal relationship, they become matters of official concern when they adversely affect morale, discipline, unit cohesion, respect for authority, or mission accomplishment. Members must recognize that these relationships can adversely affect morale and discipline, even when the members are not in the same chain of command or unit. The formation of such relationships between superiors and subordinates within the same chain of command or supervision is prohibited because such relationships invariably raise the perception of favoritism or misuse of position and erode morale, discipline and unit cohesion.

Relationships between officers in the same chain of command are prohibited, because it says "superiors and subordinates." Relationships between officers of different ranks are not, per se, prohibited. When Jack was Sam's CO, it applied. Does it now, that he will be in D.C. at another agency? Maybe he could indirectly have an impact on her career if she stays in the military, but he sure would be far-removed.

Just asking. I'm sure there are people out there who know more about military regs than I do (almost anyone would), but that's how it reads to me. I'm just wondering if someone with military experience would like to weigh in on this.

However, I still think the President would grant them an exception. After all, how many times to you have to save the planet to get a favor?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Dannyluver...the shipper family knows of no such episode called Affinity...we christened evil hour...'assinity' instead!!!!!!!

Hmm...methinks it's time for shipper family history 101!

But I gotta go and work...majorsal...token anyone who's been here longer than me care to do the honours???
            I remember "Insanity," "Inanity" and (I forget) "evil-to-me" (something like that) were other names thrown around.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              The "issue" they thought we had was that Sam had a bf. That wasn't the issue. It was what type of bf they gave her.
              that was the issue for me.

but i 'also' had an issue with the guy being so disrespectful of sam.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                and we as loyal shippers ride the ride
                up and down, up and down... (oldie but goodie gif)

enough already!

ship sistah

Comment

spoilers for s7 and s8 (pete and his eps discussed)

Originally posted by jay
                  well i did kinda if an isue with sam having a b/f. i don't really want to see her with any one but jack. im sure thats considered mean and rude or whatever but i truly think her and jack belong to gether. i just hate seeing her with somebody besides jack.
                  me too. *nods vigorously*

this leads me to a question i'm sure we've contemplated before... did pete know about jack (as sam's love interest)? my opinion, no. when sam broke up with pete (LOVE saying that!), pete clearly didn't know it was because of another man. i think he suspicioned reasons (he said he thought it had more to do than with jacob's death), but i really think sam kept jack in the background in her relay with pete.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    Someone asked
                    Spoiler:
                    a while back if Kerry hadn't broken off the relationship between her and Jack, if Jack would have and it made me think (pardon me not remembering your name but two thoughts in my head at one time is dangerous), if Kerry didn't break off the relationship with Jack would Jack have gone to be with Sam in the infirmary? Oh no I stumped myself, no kidding aside, I'm really not sure. I mean I know Sam was on Jacks mind not only because of her father but I think he was questioning what she ultimately came to his house for and just how far explaination wise she would have gone if she hadn't been interrupted, but still knowing how slow Jack is would that have been enough for him to go to Sam? Do you guys think that by Kerry breaking off the relationship with him and giving him the reason for it that she did made him realize just how important Sam is to him, that he can't have another relationship until he resolves his relationship with Sam? In fact when Kerry tells him he has issues, etc., if you watch Jack he kind of smiles a little like he was intrigued that she caught on as fast as she did. I think that the key wasn't Kerry breaking off the relationship with Jack, I think the key was Sam coming to his house and telling him that she was having second thoughts about the wedding and thinking she was making a big, huge mistake. It opened a window for him telling him that maybe she wasn't as happy with Pete as she was making him believe. Again IMO the whole reason Jack didn't go to Sam was because he thought she was truly happy and in love with Pete, but with this new realization that perhaps she wasn't, made him think and that is ultimately what made him go to Sam in the infirmary, the fact that Kerry broke off their relationship was in Jack's mind only a matter of time anyway.

Okay now that I have confused everyone, did that make any sense?
                    it made perfect sense and i agree.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hello Shippers!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Call me crazy, but I decided to do some reading on Air Force fraternization policies tonight......and if Jack goes to Homeworld Security.....I don't think they apply to Sam & Jack any more. The Regs are in italics.

Here's the definition for Fraternization:

Fraternization, as defined by the Manual for Courts-martial, is a personal relationship between an officer and an enlisted member that violates the customary bounds of acceptable behavior in the Air Force and prejudices good order and discipline, discredits the armed services, or operates to the personal disgrace or dishonor of the officer involved. The custom recognizes that officers will not form personal relationships with enlisted members on terms of military equality, whether on or off-duty.

This specifies relationships between officers and enlisted members. That NEVER applied to Sam and Jack.

Dating and Close Friendships. Dating, courtship, and close friendships between men and women are subject to the same policy considerations as are other relationships. Like any personal relationship, they become matters of official concern when they adversely affect morale, discipline, unit cohesion, respect for authority, or mission accomplishment. Members must recognize that these relationships can adversely affect morale and discipline, even when the members are not in the same chain of command or unit. The formation of such relationships between superiors and subordinates within the same chain of command or supervision is prohibited because such relationships invariably raise the perception of favoritism or misuse of position and erode morale, discipline and unit cohesion.

Relationships between officers in the same chain of command are prohibited, because it says "superiors and subordinates." Relationships between officers of different ranks are not, per se, prohibited. When Jack was Sam's CO, it applied. Does it now, that he will be in D.C. at another agency? Maybe he could indirectly have an impact on her career if she stays in the military, but he sure would be far-removed.

Just asking. I'm sure there are people out there who know more about military regs than I do (almost anyone would), but that's how it reads to me. I'm just wondering if someone with military experience would like to weigh in on this.

However, I still think the President would grant them an exception. After all, how many times to you have to save the planet to get a favor?
                      IMHO, I think that's a big chunk of why Jack goes to DC. After all, he hates 'flying a desk' but he can't be away from the war, you know? ...Plus all that 'gate travel across galaxies's gotta be lots of frequent flyer miles
                      "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                      and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

another episode pete deluise(sp?) was in was the season 2 epsiode with the reetu. he was behind the 50cal. pointing it at the boy when he first walked out of the stargate. you will see him in most of the episodes he directs. the same goes for Martin Wood(i think thats his name) you usually see him with siler too.
                        Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                        Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                        Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                        (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

I think we all need a hug.

((((Shippers))))

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for s7 and s8 (pete and his eps discussed)

me too. *nods vigorously*

this leads me to a question i'm sure we've contemplated before... did pete know about jack (as sam's love interest)? my opinion, no. when sam broke up with pete (LOVE saying that!), pete clearly didn't know it was because of another man. i think he suspicioned reasons (he said he thought it had more to do than with jacob's death), but i really think sam kept jack in the background in her relay with pete.

sally
                            i think he knew it was another man though because threads
                            Spoiler:

before he walks away [in a huff, i might add], he says "i wish i could believe that"

but it's a tough 1, i admit
                            "ALWAYS"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                            and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                              I think we all need a hug.

((((Shippers))))

ship sistah
                              I AGREE!! lolz... *sigh* the hard life of the s/j shipper!

((S/J SHIPPERS))
                              "ALWAYS"

SAM/JACK for sg1

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads

Originally posted by Rogue
                                Another question is why the heck did they mention retirement and a civilian running the SGC? What is that all about? Why did they bother if they weren't going to follow thru?
                                who says they aren't? i mean really, it was there for a reason. so the big stuff might happen in season 10 perhaps?... i've said it before and i'll say it again. ship ain't over. it might be super subtle in season 9, but it ain't gone by a long shot!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X