X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    Oh, please, no!!!! At least, not here.

No, sorry, no cute, puppy dog eyes on him IMO. I have separated the character from the actor.

The character was an over-possessive moron who wouldn't let Sam be herself, and who destroyed my ship. So yes, I hated him.

The actor was somebody who came in to do a role, and probably would have been written out after one episode if it wasn't for who he was related to. I know Hollywood lives on nepotism, but I don't have to like it. Add to that I find him very physically unattractive and you have my reason for disliking the actor. I guess it's true about beauty being in the eye of the beholder!

I'm sorry if you don't agree with anything I've said, but I wanted to clarify that I *have* separated the character from the actor.
    I am with you. I didn't find Pete attractive both physically or mentally. Sam could have done so much better. I find it kind of sad that Sam thought so little of herself to be going with such a loser.

But I also think the reason Pete stayed around so long was:
    1) actor related to producer
    2) fans(mainly shippers) got pissed off
    3) Season 8 so they can draw the Sam and Jack out for one more year.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      http://www.architecturaldigest.com/ I've pondered about what the 15 year age difference between Sam and Jack would look like when she enters her 50's. That would place Jack around 70!! Well, I was at Barnes and Noble the other evening and saw the recent issue of Architectural Digest. I think this is my peek into the future.

Senator John McCain, 69, is a retired Naval officer and pilot. He saw action in Vietnam and was taken prisoner of war for many years. His wife is approximately 12-15 years younger. He's a tall, solidly built, and take- charge man with a great sense of humor and she is a lovely, bright woman. They are parents of 7 children. The oldest is an adult; I don't know the age of the younger kids but maybe teens.

See the link for their portrait on the cover. I checked FAQ but I was unable to figure how to post a link to the website. I think it's worth your time to copy and paste to see it. Tell me what you think!! nell

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/
      lol ((((nell)))) thats too great! Thats does remind me of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        I am with you. I didn't find Pete attractive both physically or mentally. Sam could have done so much better. I find it kind of sad that Sam thought so little of herself to be going with such a loser.

Good points Rogue. Don't forget that I think TPTB were taken by surprise at the outright hatred for the character, so they (RCC in particular) thought we had "issues". I think the loathing of Pete pi$$ed them off so much that they were determined to have him back.
        *sigh* These guys are worse than little kids!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Good points Rogue. Don't forget that I think TPTB were taken by surprise at the outright hatred for the character, so they (RCC in particular) thought we had "issues". I think the loathing of Pete pi$$ed them off so much that they were determined to have him back.
          *sigh* These guys are worse than little kids!
          TPTB were right, I do have "issues" with a character that:

1) treats Sam badly
          2) acts like a 5 year when denied information about her job
          3) checks up on her
          4) follows her to a stakeout
          5) interfers with the stakeout and then not only was he not punished, they gave him information about a top secret operation.
          6) brings a box of wine on a date

Did I leave anything out guys?

What were TPTB thinking when they wrote this guy? Lets give Sam a loser boyfriend?
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

TPTB were right, I do have "issues" with a character that:

1) treats Sam badly
            2) acts like a 5 year when denied information about her job
            3) checks up on her
            4) follows her to a stakeout
            5) interfers with the stakeout and then not only was he not punished, they gave him information about a top secret operation.
            6) brings a box of wine on a date

Did I leave anything out guys?

What were TPTB thinking when they wrote this guy? Lets give Sam a loser boyfriend?
            i don't suppose they were thinking much past that one episode. let's give sam a boyfriend who doesn't die-but what they failed to do what thing thru the kind of boyfriend they gave Sam-was it someone that they thought Sam might like?-or was it someone they thought they might like?

don't these guys have mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, girlfriends????
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              i don't suppose they were thinking much past that one episode. let's give sam a boyfriend who doesn't die-but what they failed to do what thing thru the kind of boyfriend they gave Sam-was it someone that they thought Sam might like?-or was it someone they thought they might like?

don't these guys have mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, girlfriends????
              The "issue" they thought we had was that Sam had a bf. That wasn't the issue. It was what type of bf they gave her.

Rogue

Comment

The "issue" they thought we had was that Sam had a bf. That wasn't the issue. It was what type of bf they gave her.
                you are right Rogue-that is exactly what they thought we had "issues" with-the boyfriend-they just didn't get that it was the type of boyfriend they gave to Sam-not that they gave Sam a boyfriend.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

well i did kinda if an isue with sam having a b/f. i don't really want to see her with any one but jack. im sure thats considered mean and rude or whatever but i truly think her and jack belong to gether. i just hate seeing her with somebody besides jack.
                  Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                  Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                  Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                  (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

To take this one step further, they were hardly respectful of Sam and the type of man she would be attracted to. Sure, she was engaged to Jonas, the loose cannon! But, Sam has matured and as she evolves she has confidence and esteem to seek the best. Yeah, yeah, yeah! She likes the "lunatic fringe" code for someone exciting. But, where she made an error in judgement with Jonas, she certainly exhibited that choosing Jack was a far better mate although prohibited by the regs. Jack is exciting, Jack is on the edge but he is honorable and respects Sam. Unlike That's where I am angry at TPTB. They chose a totally unsuitable BF for Sam. Or, maybe TPTB are so brilliant as to choose a BF that is NO competition to Jack. Totally, laughable and no threat. NOPE, they aren't. At least Jack's Threads
                    Spoiler:
                    choice in Kerry was realistic. She actually was a bright, attractive, assertive woman. Did I mention SMART for seeing that Jack's heart was taken and gracefully stepped down? Yeah, she was!
                    sigpic

Comment

Rogue I think you hit on all the points.I just Love how TPTB push the Sam and Jack ship from the very start and then give
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam a Boyfriend in Season 7 and a lousy one at that and the Shippers are not suppose to be upset and TPTB tell us we have issues.IMO it's Hollywood that has the issues.Some members of TPTB should count themselves like they still have a Job.IMO it's been the talent of the Cast that has made this show work.

Comment

Someone asked
                        Spoiler:
                        a while back if Kerry hadn't broken off the relationship between her and Jack, if Jack would have and it made me think (pardon me not remembering your name but two thoughts in my head at one time is dangerous), if Kerry didn't break off the relationship with Jack would Jack have gone to be with Sam in the infirmary? Oh no I stumped myself, no kidding aside, I'm really not sure. I mean I know Sam was on Jacks mind not only because of her father but I think he was questioning what she ultimately came to his house for and just how far explaination wise she would have gone if she hadn't been interrupted, but still knowing how slow Jack is would that have been enough for him to go to Sam? Do you guys think that by Kerry breaking off the relationship with him and giving him the reason for it that she did made him realize just how important Sam is to him, that he can't have another relationship until he resolves his relationship with Sam? In fact when Kerry tells him he has issues, etc., if you watch Jack he kind of smiles a little like he was intrigued that she caught on as fast as she did. I think that the key wasn't Kerry breaking off the relationship with Jack, I think the key was Sam coming to his house and telling him that she was having second thoughts about the wedding and thinking she was making a big, huge mistake. It opened a window for him telling him that maybe she wasn't as happy with Pete as she was making him believe. Again IMO the whole reason Jack didn't go to Sam was because he thought she was truly happy and in love with Pete, but with this new realization that perhaps she wasn't, made him think and that is ultimately what made him go to Sam in the infirmary, the fact that Kerry broke off their relationship was in Jack's mind only a matter of time anyway.

Okay now that I have confused everyone, did that make any sense?

Comment

totally agree with you all on three points

Comment

Originally posted by Caro
                            Urgo is one of my favourite episode, I think Dom did a great job playing Urgo... he was sooooo funny !!

And I like searching for Peter deLuise in every episodes he has directed, it's a sort of "game for the fans only"

I don't really mind Peter giving a role to his family members has long as they do a good job
                            Agree URGO was a good ep. I don't mind the deLuise clan being there but please please not to pass him off as a bf. That was very lame because no way he was compatible on any level to Col. Samantha Carter. Pete's character was way off.

Comment

But again reliving the fact that Sam and Jack went through all of this and have now come to these startling realizations about each other....nothing happens. TPTB have dropped the ball, they have peeked our emotions once again and we have fallen on our faces once again. [spoilers] Now I guess we are suppose to believe that the team went fishing, although according to TPTB nothing happened between Jack and Sam and what business as usual. When Season 9 starts Sam has left SG-1 basically the whole team has broken up and gone their separate ways. Sam has gone to Washington to Area 51 and to be with Cassie, and Jack is going to leave Stargate and be in charge of Homeworld Security in Washington I imagine; but according to that picture of Jack he is still contemplating his move. Now although we shippers would love to believe that he is doing this to be near Sam, I read somewhere that he would be a couple of levels up into Sams chain of command and that the regulations where still in force and therefore nothing could happen between them still, I believe that is how it went anyway. So could I just ask a stupid question, what in the heck was the reason for Threads? I mean it really didn't bring US any closer than we have been for the last 8 years, I kind of feel like we have gone into a circle at the beginning of Season 7 and we have now come out exactly where we went in. Think about it, most of us felt Sam questioning Jacks feelings for her kind of came out of the blue; so now that she realizes that he still has feelings for her, she is all better, but what was the advancement for US?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                From discussions on the thread last summer, the wonderfully talented Mala50 had created the following graphic..... be sure to read all the listings BTW....

cool graphic.... first time that I have seen it cause I was not around last summer. Thanks for reposting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X