This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I'll give you a piccy...you make the captions!

it's a biggy! courtesy of rdanderson.com
    Jack: Sam, we have to run away from TPTB, there is no other way for us to be together

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      WWWHA????

DDL has sweet puppy dog eyes...

Don't confuse the idiot character he played with the gorgeous actor folks!

There was never a Sam and David DeLuise story here...

So don't boil HIM alive!!!

FCOL...

You are right Uber, we should separate the actor from the character ... any pretty pics of DDL so we can start practicing

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        Who says we run a caption competition just now????

I'll give you a piccy...you make the captions!

it's a biggy! courtesy of rdanderson.com
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...y/5784c602.jpg
        It wasn't a good idea for Sam and Jack to steal a secret moment together after Jack was using the krazy-glue. Or was it.
        sigpic
        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Random comment o the week.... I think we'll get a feel for where the ship is from Jack in the first ep. I've seen a lot of people basing their scenarios on what Sam will say when she comes back. Personally I can't wait to see what Jack's got to say in that first ep...

[/randomness]
          sigpic

Comment

about the bedroom scene in threads

i don't remember seeing it in the 60min version but im not positive because i thought i remember seeing jack answering the phone call from sam but i just can't remember the part with kerry afterwards. maybe they cut that part or maybe my mind is in denial about that part. *shrugs* who cares atleast they're done with
            Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
            Sam- "Shh, sleep"
            Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
            (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              HOWEVER, I hated the 60 minute version. First they removed the cellphone scene the "Go pick flowers" scene...

They didn't show how she was in the car, how the mood between Pete and Sam had become much more forced (whereas they seemed comfortable to me in Chimera and Affinity, I sensed nothing but her apprehension in Threads)...they didn't show the last straw (the house)...

They basically mutilated it and took out the pieces that showed where Sam's mind was heading...

So Hated 60 minute version...LOVED 90 minute one...

You are absolutely right--the 60 minute version of Threads was a real stinker. They cut out quite a few scenes that I thought were important like you said. In cutting out Sam's scenes where she was obviously uncomfortable, when she dumped the tater, it seemed kinda off and unexpected. And yes, to who asked about the bedroom scene, I do believe they did leave it in. I watched it (while on my laptop)...but all in all, I was disappointed with it and felt the immediate urge to get out my tape and watch the full version.
              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                Random comment o the week.... I think we'll get a feel for where the ship is from Jack in the first ep. I've seen a lot of people basing their scenarios on what Sam will say when she comes back. Personally I can't wait to see what Jack's got to say in that first ep...

[/randomness]
                Perhaps with his pondering his future (per the picture/caption), he may even mention Sam and what choice he needs to make in his future in order to be with her. A solution like that would make my shippy little heart race.
                -girlgater

Comment

well-the chop job on threads could have been worse-and no-i have no idea how much worse-but there you are. however, my big complaint
                  Spoiler:
                  was that there was no previous indication that anybody was unhappy about anything....jack moved on with Kerry and appeared to be happy, sam was engaged and appeared to be happy, nothing from jacob that sam should have been worried about his reaction-the whole thing appeared to have come out of the blue. there was no indication that sam had second or third thoughts or that she was uncomfortable with marrying pete or that she was afraid of what Jacob would say. why did she go to Jack? what made Kerry wonder about what was going on between Jack and Sam. Threads was a nice thought-but they didn't complete the process.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Once again, a TON to catch up on! You gy=uys sure do post alot...

Originally posted by gategirl12000
                    I don't think any show has better fans than the shippers in this room!
                    I gave you green for that one!

Billie- WATCH WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY!!!!! I love that episode; I must've seen it, like, over 100 times! lol

UberSG-1Fan- I love your sig!

gatebee- Yours, too! Where'd you get that fanart?

I'd do anything
                    Just to hold you in my arms
                    Try to make you laugh
                    Somehow I can't put you in the past
                    Jack and Sam Forever
                    || ||

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                      You are absolutely right--the 60 minute version of Threads was a real stinker. They cut out quite a few scenes that I thought were important like you said. In cutting out Sam's scenes where she was obviously uncomfortable, when she dumped the tater, it seemed kinda off and unexpected. And yes, to who asked about the bedroom scene, I do believe they did leave it in. I watched it (while on my laptop)...but all in all, I was disappointed with it and felt the immediate urge to get out my tape and watch the full version.
                      Boy, am I glad I didn't see it by this report. I'll not be taping over it anytime soon, apparently. Full ship!
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I didn't know there were two different versions of "Threads!" But then again, I'm very slow, so really that's not saying anything. lol

I'd do anything
                        Try to make you laugh
                        Jack and Sam Forever
                        || ||

Comment

I totally agree with you pittsburghgirl
                          Spoiler:
                          I still have no idea what really made the scene where Kerry comes out and interrupts Carter so awkward; I mean it wasn't like they were hugging or something, they were only having a conversation. Kerry and Sam were just introduced so it wasn't like they have been in each others company where she could have picked up on the looks and the emotions between Jack and Sam either. IMO that scene fell short of the mark, it wasn't enough IMO to cause Kerry to than break-off the relationship between her and Jack. Now if Kerry did walk in on them hugging or heaven forbid kissing (snark, snark) and seeing their intimacy first hand then that would have been believable and a quick red flag because we all know the power between Sam and Jack is strong and she would have to be blind not to see it. As others have said before me I felt Threads had way to much to say and too short of time to make it really believable.

That all being said, what I do find unbelievable is that after that episode nothing did happen. We are suppose to realize I think that Sam now understands and is comfortable with her feelings for Jack and that they both know that moving on with a significant other is out of the question because the feelings between them are too strong to let that work, so what now... life as usual ... again too unbelievable. So in the course of what two days Sam drops her engagement, regains her underwraps relationship with Jack, looses her father and helps save the planet yet again ... and after all of that heads for home for tomorrow is another day... again missing the mark. I realize that nothing physically can happen between Jack and Sam (although it pains me to say that) but after all of that I would have at least thought that a conversation between them maybe stating just that and really finding out what the others intentions are would have been what the story needed.

Comment

You do haev a point, nickatell. However,
                            Spoiler:
                            I think that Kerry broke up with Jack because she knew what was going on. She could probably sense how tense the moment was, and one look from Jack to Sam gave it away. They just have that natural attraction between them, so that even if you first met them you could tell, they just have that vibe.

As for the other stuff, I have no comment. I seriously need to watch Threads again and really pay attention! lol

I'd do anything
                            Try to make you laugh
                            Jack and Sam Forever
                            || ||

Comment

I also forgot to add to my prior post that
                              Spoiler:
                              Kerry picks up on something going on between Jack and Sam with one meeting and yet we aren't really sure if Daniel knows anything and he has been with them for eight years. What does that tell you about being believable?

Comment

JM will have to present it to me personally-tied up in a red ribbon with lots of balloons
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X